Rain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're floating now," Rain said, stretching my arms out, oblivious to my thoughts. "Doesn't it feel awesome, looking up at the sky, feeling like you're part of something massive, huge like the lake?"

"Yes. It is. I just don't want to be part of the lake permanently," I said nervously. "What if I drift into deeper water?"

"Then I'll bring you back to safety," Rain reassured me.

I tried to stand, but my feet couldn't find the bottom. I panicked and threw both arms around Rain's neck. We both sank down.

When we emerged, she said in a calm but firm voice, "Rolf, you have to let go of me."

I squeezed my arms tighter around her neck.

"I can't. I'm way too scared," I looked down. I couldn't see the bottom of the lake from where I was floating. We were not far from the old pier.

"Why did I let Rain talk me into this? Perhaps she had used some of her pixie magic on me."

Rain tried to extricate my fingers from around her neck, but I had her in a fierce hold. The cold water made her nipples poke out. If I wasn't so scared, I would be enjoying having my body pressed against hers.

Even so, I could feel my desire stirring.

Again, Rain seemed to read my mind. She giggled, leaned forward, and kissed me, pushing herself against me firmly and laid on her back. Her legs were wrapped around my waist and her pussy rubbed against my cock through the thin layers of our swimsuits.

I relaxed immediately.

"I told you the key to floating is that you have to relax. You will be able to swim as long as you learn that," she purred, rubbing against me.

"How can I relax if I could sink to the bottom of the lake?"

"I think doing this is helping you," she rubbed her pussy again on my hardness and giggled.

My cock twitched in my trunks. "I am sorry."

"It's okay. I am actually flattered," she winked at me and rubbed more splashing around. I was still holding her, but not so firmly, and she was moving her arms and legs swimming backward.

"Rain... This is a family beach, and I don't want to get arrested for indecent exposure. Sheriff Thomas doesn't like perverts."

"I am pretty sure we are not the first couple to make love in the water."

"Yeah, that's true, but most couples do it at night when no one is around."

We were out in the water, and whilst there wasn't anyone nearby, there were plenty of people on the beach.

"Fine, spoilsport. You're not fun at all," she pouted.

Even when she smiled at me when she said that, I could see she was disappointed.

"What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I be a free spirit like Rain?"

Reluctantly, Rain unhooked her legs from around my waist and eased back a little. I stood up and realized I could touch the bottom again. The pier was closer to us.

"I already taught you how to float. You can try it again," she said.

I tried it and lost balance again. My fingernails dug into her arm in my attempt to keep my head above water.

"I got you, Rolf," she said, her voice calm and reassuring. She placed a hand on the back of my head to keep it above the water

I nodded and relaxed a little.

She laughed. "You're doing great."

I tried to look at her, but when I turned my head I lost my balance, sinking under the water and coming up spluttering.

Her hands pushed me up, so I wouldn't go under again.

"Ah, Rolf, you can't let yourself get distracted," she said with a laugh.

"Are you having fun with me almost drowning?" I splashed her with water, which caused her to let go of me, and I immediately went under again, only to come up spluttering and coughing once more.

"You can't do that," she warned me, her eyes sparkling. "You don't want me to let you go."

"No, I don't." I wound my arms around her neck and pulled myself up against her, her wet body slamming into mine. We slid together, the water sliding over our skin, as Rain tilted her head back, welcoming the kiss she knew was coming.

I didn't waste a moment, pressing my mouth fully and firmly to hers, eliciting a low growl of pleasure from the back of her throat that made my pulse quicken. My tongue traced the seam of her lips before she opened for me, allowing me to explore her mouth. Despite the chill of the lake water, Rain was anything but cold.

"I have wanted to kiss you senselessly since we met," I said, trying to keep myself above the water.

"Kiss away, Rolf." she pulled me back in for another kiss, and this time, when I did finally let her go, I realized it was getting harder and harder to stay away from her.

When we got home, we made love for what seemed like hours. We dozed off and when we woke up we made love again... and again... and again... It was perfect.

"Was it as special for Rain as it was for me?"

We shared my bed every night since then.

I liked the fact that she was not afraid to challenge me.

"How long Rain would be part of my life? Was she a reason, a season, or a lifetime?"

CHAPTER 4: RAIN

During the next days, we established a happy routine. Rolf worked at home, so he had flexible hours, and could take me to a mountain trail or some other adventure.

I also convinced Rolf to show me the backdrops of his days as a shy teen. Places attached to a meaningful memory.

"I told you I wasn't shy. I was quiet," he corrected me.

"Noted."

"Growing up in Middletown was magical. I could ride with my bike everywhere. After school, we used to play baseball outside. We would even stay outside playing way after dark under the streetlights. Our neighbors would sit on the front porch and actually engage in conversations. We spent our summers at the Indian Lake Campground."

I just smiled and nodded, enjoying the expression on his face while he told me about his childhood and teenage years.

"The real reason why I never learned to swim is that one summer, a kid drowned at the lake. His body was recovered later from the bottom. I will never forget that day. The camp was closed and I was sent back home."

He was looking at the lake while he was telling me the story. I hugged him from behind tightly. "I'm sorry, Rolf. Death is always a tragedy, but it's especially tragic when the dead person is a child."

"I have been afraid of going into the lake since then," he said under his breath.

"And yet, you let me teach you how to float," I said, resting my chin on his shoulder.

He shrugged. "They say we must confront our fears. Maybe, it was time to conquer mine."

I shivered. My own dark fears pushed to come to the surface. They were always lurking in the back of my mind.

"Are you okay?" Rolf asked me, turning around.

I forced a smile and gave him a nod. "Yeah, I'm just chilly. That's all," I lied.

As though to confirm my words, a tremor shivered through my body, bringing up a rash of goosebumps on my arms.

"Oh," he said relieved, and put his jacket on my shoulders.

Rolf claimed to be just an average guy, but he was indeed an extraordinary man. I've met lots of people around the world, but I never felt as close to any of them as I feel to him. I just hoped he didn't get too attached to me. He shouldn't, or he was going to end up getting hurt.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked him.

"No, I am an only child. My mom gave birth to me when she was almost forty. Both of my parents retired and went to live in Florida when I went to college."

With each passing day, we grew closer, learned from each other, and created amazing memories. I shared with him things I had experienced in my travels. Rolf shared with me about Middletown and the people who lived in it. I met a lot of interesting people and, sooner than later, I was making lots of new friends.

I got to know Sheriff Thomas and his deputy, Nick. They were both actively involved in community activities. Sheriff Thomas knew everyone, and everyone knew him.

I talked for hours with Laura, the owner, and manager of the only Bed and Breakfast in town, and we discovered we had a lot in common. Through her, I met her Aunt Molly, a fascinating person who had traveled a lot.

The Middletown Community Center offered a free weekly social dancing class and I convinced Rolf to come with me. We had so much fun dancing together.

Flowers bloomed in rich profusion beneath the slender trees, sending their sweet fragrance into the summer air. More than ever, the place had a feeling of enchantment as the slight breeze moved the leaves overhead, sending dappled pools of golden light dancing across the brilliant purple flowers.

Rolf and I made love in every improbable spot of the house. One day, while we were hiking, I grabbed Rolf's hand and dragged him, running across a meadow toward an empty barn. We rolled over each other, laughing and kissing like two teenagers. We made love in the barn, filling each other up. That night, the sunset was like a Baroque painting.

One warm night, I finally fulfilled my dream of making love in a lake under the stars.

Rolf didn't want to take any money from me, so in exchange, I cleaned his place and cooked dinner for him.

One particular evening, I planned on making beef Wellington with roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs, and apple pie. I had had many cooking lessons from different people around the world. I kept all the recipes in a notebook in my backpack.

I made my way to the grocery store, and met Theodore, a wrinkled old man. He looked like someone's grandpa.

"Hi, I am Rain. I am staying with Rolf."

His face was stretched in a broad smile full of wrinkles.

"Please to finally meet you, Rain. I've heard about you. I am Theodore. How do you like Middletown so far?"

"I love it," I blurted out. "It is so quiet, peaceful, beautiful, and very friendly around here. It's magical, too."

"It is all that and more, if you don't mind the gossip."

"Nah, I expect it," I said, laughing. "I love your store. It looks like the ones you see in Old West movies."

"Thank you. It has been in my family for three generations."

"Wow! That's truly impressive," I said, taking a closer look around.

Theodore projected very positive energy. He was a genuinely warm and friendly person.

When I told him so, he replied. "You're positively glowing, too. Maybe that has something to do with Rolf?"

Yeah, friendly and nosy, too. I had stayed in enough small towns to know how fast and far rumors can fly.

"Maybe a little," I giggled. "He is cute and a great person, but we're just friends."

I handed him the list of items I needed. While Theodore looked for them, a young woman walked straight into me.

She looked at me from head to toe. Her eyes seemed to ask, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I didn't like the vibes I was picking from her. Toxic energy. She was giving me a headache.

"Good morning! I am Rain, Rolf's friend. I'm staying at his place. Nice to meet you," I said, offering her my hand.

"Morning..." she grumped, ignoring my hand.

Okay. I definitely didn't like her.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I sing-songed.

It was obvious she didn't like me. Some people won't like you no matter what you do, so I never wasted my time and energy trying to win them over.

Theodore came to my rescue. "Tania, you're being rude to my client. If you can't behave yourself, I'll have to ask you to leave," he said in a firm tone.

"Whatever," Tania rolled her eyes before muttering that she preferred to go to the mall. She turned around and left the building in a rather hasty manner, leaving me and Theodore alone.

"Sorry about that," he said, his voice just above a whisper. "Tania always had a thing for Rolf. She probably heard the rumors about you staying at his place and..."

"Assumed we were together?"

Theodore nodded.

"Well, I can't blame Rolf for not going after her. She certainly needs a lesson in manners. And a good aura-cleaning session."

Theodore let out a short laugh.

"Well, when it comes to ladies, Rolf can be a little bit..."

"...clueless?" I offered.

The old shopkeeper moved his head to the sides. "Rolf can be quiet and reserved, but he isn't stupid. I'm pretty sure he knows Tania has feelings for him, but he just doesn't reciprocate them, and he is too much of a gentleman to ever mention it."

"Oh, I see," I smiled. Rolf was undeniably growing on me.

Theodore handed me two paper bags. They felt very heavy in my arms, and I juggled them, feeling a little lightheaded.

"How much do I owe you...?" my voice trailed off.

"I'll put everything on Rolf's tab. I'm sure he would like it this way... Rain!"

I heard Theodore crying my name, but it sounded to me like he was calling from a faraway distance. I felt myself sway, dropping the bags and barely noticing the contents rolling away as I wobbled on my feet. Then something cold and hard hit my head and everything went black.

CHAPTER 5: ROLF

"Are you sure you're okay, Rain?" I asked, holding her in my arms.

Rain nodded, pressing the ice pack Theodore handed her against the egg-sized lump it was forming on her skull.

"Yes, I'm fine. My ego is a little bruised, though."

"You fainted. We should call an ambulance, or go to see a doctor," I suggested. "You could have a concussion."

Rain paled at my suggestion. "No! I've likely got a mild concussion. I just got a little lightheaded because I didn't eat a lot for lunch today, that's all."

"Why are you so determined not to go to the emergency room?" I asked, genuinely confused. "People don't just faint, Rain."

She looked at me, her lips pressed together.

"Listen," Rain said finally. "I know what doctors are going to say. I have low iron levels," she confessed, keeping her tone as reassuring as possible. "It's nothing really."

I hesitated and frowned, still not convinced. I could tell she was hiding something from me.

"Theodore shouldn't have called you. You were busy."

"I would have never forgiven him if he hadn't called me."

"I fainted for a few seconds. I hit my head, but I'm okay. You don't have to make a big deal out of it, Rolf. I swear, I'm fine."

Rain couldn't hide the slightly annoyed tone in her voice.

I nodded, but I didn't calm down. "Do you faint often?"

She rolled her eyes.

"It had happened to me before. As I said, I have low iron. Google it. It's quite common, especially for girls."

"I heard about that," Theodore stated. "My sister, rest in peace, had anemia and was fainting all over the place. She had to eat copious amounts of red meat."

"See?" Rain said, "No big deal." Handing the ice pack back to Theodore, Rain climbed to her feet.

Theodore had already put her grocery items back in the bags, and they were neatly packed, waiting for me to collect them.

"Are you truly okay?" I asked, watching her carefully. Rain forced a smile to her face.

"I am fine, worrywart."

Heading out to the street, I made a mental note to give her Tylenol as soon as we were back in the house. That would make her feel better.

"It's just her iron levels," I told myself as we walked back home. But I didn't believe it.

She went home singing and prancing and telling me about the fabulous dinner she was going to cook for me.

"Are you always this happy?"

Tilting her head, Rain regarded me, choosing her words carefully before she replied. "I am happy. I've always tried to get the most out of life. We decide to be happy... Or not."

"You have given me a very simplistic answer to a very complex subject," I objected.

"No, I didn't. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional," she stated. "I didn't say that, by the way, it was Buddha."

"Let me guess, you've spent some time in a Tibetan monastery."

She looked at me, and giggled, "Maybe."

"You've obviously lived a charmed life."

I glanced over at her in time to see a shadow pass across her face and her smile falter slightly.

"I never knew my biological parents. I grew up in foster care. It was traumatic, but not in an everyday-you're-miserable kind of way. It's like a thought in the back of your head where you know this isn't your family. These people don't love you, and one false move will have you packing in a minute. I was about thirteen years old when I decided not to get attached to anyone again. Imagine that. Most girls at that age are worrying about having a new phone or their math homework. I was mending my broken heart..."

I mentally slapped myself for my thoughtless words. "Rain... I had no idea. I am sorry. Me and my big mouth! Please forgive me, I shouldn't have said what I said..."

She waved her hands to stop me.

"Stop it! Apology accepted." She smiled at me and placed her hand on my heart, "You didn't mean to hurt me, Rolf. You're a good man with a good heart. I know that."

Rain plastered a smile back on her face, oblivious to the brief insight she'd just given me. "You know, in a way you're so right. I've led a very charmed life. A life that's led me to you and this awesome town! And I've made a new friend today. Theodore is a very interesting person."

"You met Theodore just today," I argued. "You hardly became friends with him."

"A friend is just a stranger you haven't met yet," she quoted.

"Rain was completely and utterly crazy. And I was completely and utterly in love with her."

When we got home, Rain went into the kitchen, and I finished some work on my computer.

I heard her singing in the kitchen as she prepared dinner. She had a beautiful voice, high and clear. She seemed to be okay, and I pushed my fears to the back of my mind.

Dinner was delicious. Somehow, she knew all my favorite foods.

Summer passed in a dream. Rain always looked on the bright side in everything and saw the good in everyone. As a result, people were naturally drawn to her sweet and charming nature.

She was the most sociable person I'd ever known. During the short time she had been living in Middletown, she had made more friends than I had made in my whole life. She made friends everywhere she went and snatched up acquaintances in every corner. Every way I went, I had people asking me about her or sending her their regards.

She started going to the gym with Georgina, Middletown High gym teacher and the wife of my nerd friend, Daniel. At the gym, she met Grace, the town's realtor, and Derek and Bella, the gym's owners. Very quickly, she became friends with all of them.

Through them, Rain met Laura and Percy, owners of the only Bed and Breakfast in town. Rain spent a lot of time at the B&B kitchen, sharing recipes with Laura and her Aunt Molly. Rain was amazed by Molly's artifacts collection, and sooner than later they were drinking tea and exchanging tales about their trips around the world.

My social life increased quite a bit. We were constantly being invited to dinners and gatherings. I started going to the gym with her.

While the nature of these friendships might seem superficial to the eye of the idler observer, she knew the family stories of all of them. And she left a lasting impression on all of them.

Rain spread love around her with random acts of kindness. Like the time she was late for dinner and I found her talking with Mrs. Rowland, a lonely-widow neighbor. She was having tea with her.

"There are so many lonely people who have nowhere else to go and no one to share their lives with," Rain said. "She lived a fascinating life."

I felt ashamed of myself for all the times I walked by my old-lady neighbor without saying more than 'have a good day.' I didn't even know her first name.

Rain's boundless energy and positivity were inspiring. She talked me into taking dancing classes at the community center. I always wanted to learn how to dance but I'd always felt clumsy and uncoordinated.

In my first class, I was very anxious. But thanks to Rain's patient and positive personality, I did it great and my self-confidence improved.

123456...8