Realms of Eden Book 03: Whirlwind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sddconst
sddconst
99 Followers

Belinda patted the seat beside her and laughingly said, "I always find the smells here to be quite cleansing. Helps a body get rid of the unnecessary and it seems to me Sydney that you are carrying a fairly hefty load of that."

He cocked his head at her and sat on the grass at her feet with his back against the bench. He began to talk and talk and talk.

He told her about the cricket tour and the friends he had made along the way. He told her about the divorce of his good friend Kelsey from her jealous and overbearing husband.

Belinda listened to his voice, detecting the subtle changes in his moods. She picked up things from his voice that told her much more than the words he was saying.

His topic changed to the girls, Bonnie's birthday, the strange ways that they reacted to his words, the tears, the loving. He described his imaginary self that seemed to know what was happening better than he himself did and lastly he talked about Jenny and Mrs Kelleher.

Belinda listened without interruption and when he had run out of things to say she let her hands reach out to him and very gently she drew him up on to the seat beside her letting his head rest on her shoulder. As she expected the man's chest heaved as the dam inside him broke, his tears scalding down his face and soaking her shirt.

He tried to pull away to find somewhere to run to, she held him firmly and calmed him with a gentle hand across his thick locks. Softly she started to talk to him.

She told him that he was afraid, so afraid that it was killing him and pushing away the people that he had least reason to fear. Her voice was soft, almost like the breeze from the ocean as she talked about his rejection from his parents, particularly his mother. She voiced his hatred of David for being so selfish about Jenny and Bonnie. Confirmed the knowledge in his heart that David had never loved Kelsey but had only used her to further his own ends. "Why else," she argued, "would he run off to Russia in search of more money than he needs, if not simply to feed his own ego and greed."

Her words echoed his love for the women in his life, made him see that he did in fact love them all. Some that simply came to him for his voice and gentle touch, others like Jo, Kelsey, Thelma and Bonnie very deeply and that he would have the capacity to love many more and none of them any less than the others.

"But," she said. "your biggest fear is that you don't feel that you deserve to be loved back. You keep feeling that somehow you are tainted, that you are somehow less worthy of being loved than the ducks in your pond. You feel as if the cosmos is playing some cruel prank on you and that something is having a big laugh at the way they manipulate your and others emotions.

"It is not true, warrior! You who will protect so strongly, who will try so valiantly to make everyone around you feel better. Deserving and worthy of the love of all of those that will lay claim to a little piece of your heart. They come to you of their own freewill Sydney. Drawn to you by the love they feel in your touch, your voice, your eyes.

"However, you must let them guide you to the places you need to go. Even walking the realms you need a guide. Loving the women the way you do is not always what they will expect. Listen to them and they will guide you to what they need, Sydney, no matter how much you think it is wrong. There is no such thing as wrong or right in love, as it is in war!

"Never believe Sydney that they have been forced or led to you. Many, many of the women in your life have known you for far longer than you think. Even the ones in your secret club, most are pleased to be beside the man that has been their father, brother, lover before and will be again. Even Veronica recognises in you the kindred soul of her dear George. Her heart is happiest when she is with you Sydney.

"The souls that blend with yours in the limitless cosmos know each other intimately warrior. Never believe that they would turn away from you or be forced to come to you by another. No matter how much you feel that it is so."

Her hands held his as the day began to end, their shadows long across the beach as they walked.

"Sydney I know that I am an old woman. I do not have many more good years on this world, but when I am in the realms I will think of you and wait for you to call me out. You will know me when it happens and it will be a joyous reunion.

"But before I go, Sydney, let me take your fears from you." She reached up to his face cradling it in her hands she softly pulled his lips to hers and kissed him.

Sydney felt a peace descend upon him as he closed his eyes and allowed the kiss to last a long time gently moving his lips with hers. His hands came up around her as gently he held the frail woman in his arms and felt her trembling.

When the kiss broke she said, "Never stop believing in the women who surround you, warrior, for they, in all their fiery beauty are your strength. Some of them will love you like wildcats. Some, unfortunately, will die for you but never doubt that they do it willingly because they love you and you love them. Let them guide you my friend, they will take you to the sweetest places, the most incredible highs. Listen and learn."

"I thank you Belinda for your wisdom and your gift. I shall always remember you," he said huskily as he held her again.

They walked back to the café and Sydney bid the old woman farewell. He smiled as she said, "Till we meet again, my warrior." He watched her walk into the shop and closed the door before he turned away and began walking down the street to his motel.

As the door opened and closed Lenore Porter looked up from the sewing she was doing on one of her aprons, she was not surprised that no-one entered the door. "Did you set his fears at rest Grandma?" she whispered. "Did you find your lover again and make him understand that the world awaits his return and that some of us need to feel his touch again so desperately?"

A small giggle reached her ears and she heard the sliding of a drawer in the shop behind her. Following the sound she sighed as the love letters, written in her Grandmother's hand, sat in a pile on the work-desk beside her monitor. The old pink ribbon that held them together undone as the first page of the stack shifted in an unseen breeze and fluttered to the floor.

Sydney didn't see Thelma as he strolled slowly back to the motel where he was staying until her soft voice said, "Can I buy you a drink stranger?"

Smiling the big man stopped and turned looking both up and down the street before he turned back to the woman. "Not sure who you are talking to but you can certainly by a drink for this idiot who loves you very much," he said.

Thelma pushed herself off the wall that she was leaning against as he walked towards her and holding out her hand captured his as he continued to walk down the street.

"How did you know I was here?" he asked as they continued at a slow pace.

"Four other strangers, friends of mine, got worried about the disappearance of some idiot that for some reason they love to death. Apparently he hasn't been seen for some time!

"Sydney you have scared them half to death with your disappearing act yesterday!"

"That still doesn't say how you knew I was here," he murmured as they stood outside his motel.

"The green man was worried too," she whispered. "And you also forget about the most talented little girl in the known world. She has been tracking you for days and has been crying that you won't talk to her."

Sydney shifted guiltily on his feet, then closed his eyes and looked into his mind. Red curls framing a tearful brown eyed face looked back at him. "Sorry little one, I will be home soon," he thought to her and felt his heart flip as she turned a bright sunny smile on inside his mind.

"I love you Sydney, we all do, come back when you are ready."

Hesitantly he searched his mind for the other presence in his life that had been curiously absent throughout the last several weeks from his thoughts. "I will be back my lord," came a soft thought, "for now let them guide your heart. Believe in them as Belinda told you. They, as do I, love you."

"Where are you Es?" he asked suddenly worried that something was wrong with the little Zygotian and that she was hiding it from him.

"No my lord," the tinkling laughter across his mind reassured him. "Consider me on holidays for a little while, the warrior is at rest for now."

He nodded to himself and the twinkling green eyes of Thelma regarded him. Catching her hand he said, "About that drink."

They sat at the end of the spacious bar on the second floor of the five story motel regarding each other in the romantically dimmed lighting as they sipped beers.

Sydney was still tingling from his encounter with Belinda Porter and puzzling over some of the things that she had said and done. His lips still felt her presence. Thelma had been watching him carefully as he sat and ordered them drinks. The dark haired man with his intense dark eyes seemed to be at ease with himself. Radiating from him was a sense of calmness and a certain acceptance of the world around him.

It was a far cry from the man whom at one stage she strongly believed may have been quite capable of ending her life, he had been angry, on constant alert. Hid edginess and worry had shown in small ways even as he made love to her and the little Tongan who was never far from her thoughts.

Finally Thelma stated, "Sydney something about you has changed. There is a certain lightness about you, as if you have put aside something."

He turned his head away from her momentarily as he observed other patrons in the bar chattering about their days, talking about business and family. He let his mind rove a little and smiled as he caught the clandestine words of two lovers as they made plans for a secret tryst.

"Eavesdropping?" asked Thelma when she saw his head cocked as he listened to what was going around him.

"Not really," he replied slowly, "just seeing what normal people do."

"Normality is a myth, my friend," said the barman as he replaced their empty beer glasses with fresh ones.

Sydney regarded the man with interest. Standing around two metres tall, his skin was dark and smooth and the muscles around his chest caused his uniform to stretch as he moved his arms. Short, wavy black hair topped a pleasant face containing a strong jaw, full lips and a slightly broad nose. Deep brown eyes regarded Sydney openly and reflected the gentle smile that he gave as he called him, "my friend."

"I guess it is hard to know what normal really is," answered Sydney as he took a sip of his beer and toasted the barman's wisdom.

Thelma was beginning to think that this new Sydney was also little deeper than the man she had left exhausted in his bed only a few weeks ago. She still had pale marks on her body from their intense love making. Seeing them as they faded each morning as she dressed to go to her office helped her get through the harrowing nightmare of her investigation and the effort at rehabilitating 10,000 women and families.

Looking up she noticed that both the barman and Sydney were regarding her and realised that they had continued their conversation and had obviously asked her something. She blushed and said, "Sorry gentlemen I was a million miles away. What was it you wanted to know?"

Sydney's and the barman's, she read his name tag, Robert's, easy grins told her that they weren't really interested in a reply. Later she found out that Sydney had used her as an example of people tuning in and out as they contemplated their lives.

Robert and Sydney struck up an easy friendship and Thelma was suddenly very aware of the lack of true male friends that the boy, she still regarded him as such, had. Sydney's light hearted banter with the man was refreshing to her ears and for the first time in months she heard the eagerness with which he conversed without worrying about female feelings or consideration of relationships. With a start it suddenly crashed on her that her boy had been struggling for months dealing with intense love, powerful changes to his mind and body, sexual acrobatics and so much more without a guide.

David, damn him, had failed miserably with his overbearing and prudish attitudes; Paul had split, not, she thought, that he was a father figure, but at least the man opposite her would have had someone to brag to about his conquests. Not that he ever does! she thought sadly and found herself grinning foolishly thinking about what he might tell someone else about her abilities in bed.

As Robert worked backward and forwards along the bar serving customers Thelma felt that she had failed. Miserably failed she decided, in seeing that her lover needed, no, she corrected herself, craved the attention and friendship of another male. Gently she patted his arm and excused herself to the powder room.

As Thelma stood in the harsh lights of the room contemplating herself in the mirror, an attractive dark skinned woman came through the door. She flashed a smile at Thelma after she had used the toilet and washed her hands, watching the pretty blonde in the mirror as she did so. "You ok honey?" asked the woman in a concerned voice. Thelma nodded her head slowly not trusting herself to speak.

"Your boy is sure getting on with my Robert," the woman said as she fussed with her hair and make-up. "They're carrying on out there like they've know each other for years instead of a couple of hours!"

"It shows doesn't it?" said Thelma softly. "He doesn't have too many male friends. I am sorry if he is keeping him from you."

The woman waved gaily discounting her apology. "I'm just about to go on shift so I will see him in my breaks. We don't finish until 2:00 am."

She turned towards the door and gave Thelma a wink. "Nor does Robert, you never know, honey, they just might be good for one another." The smiling woman hurried out the door.

Returning to the bar Thelma saw the men were leaning in close to one another whispering almost conspiratorially. Her ears burned a little. Slowing her pace as she watched the men hopeful that Sydney was discussing their bedroom antics, as she knew men did.

She was only mildly disappointed when the two men, grinning at her arrival, nodded towards the back corner of the room. Turning her head inconspicuously she saw two females in short skirts and very revealing tops sitting closely together. One of the women had her legs apart and Thelma could see that she was quite clearly on display due to her lack of underwear. Sydney and Robert were still grinning stupidly as she resat herself on the comfortable high backed stool.

Soon the three were discussing modern dress trends with Robert expounding his theory that the women were becoming more and more daring as they chased some male companionship. "Look at how many pretty attractive women there are around nowadays." he said. "The women are getting more beautiful every generation. It is how they dress and how they act that gets them some sort of male attention. Like nature has reversed the roles of the birds and the bees."

"What do you mean?" asked Sydney jovially. It was something he had noticed and was interested in hearing the big man behind the bar's theory.

"In nature it is the male bird that has the bright plumage and the dances and pretty sounds. With us it has always been that the pretty woman got the males. Look around Sydney, how many unattractive women do you see now?" Robert asked him.

Thelma giggled as the two men's head swivelled around the bar. There were roughly two dozen people in the bar now as businesses closed for the day. The women that were present certainly contained an odd assortment of body shapes, hair styles and heights. But Robert was correct, there were certainly none of them that could be considered as plain.

"See none!" exclaimed Robert. "There is not enough men to go around. Also the girls don't mind sharing now."

"So how much are you spreading yourself around Robert?" was Thelma's opening gambit in her attempt to form a deeper bond between the two men who were fast becoming very close friends.

Robert shyly dropped his eyes and said, "Sandy and Annie keep me pretty close but we have some other friends who come around occasionally."

Thelma's tinkling laugh reassured the man that she was not offended. "Well this young man here," she indicated Sydney with a touch of her hand against his neck and could not help but ruffle his hair gently. "Is neglecting four of them at the moment." Taking a sip of her Scotch and Cola added, not unkindly, "Including me."

Robert stood back appraising the man who was rapidly considering a friend. "Sydney, don't neglect the women. One they just get pissed at you and two they are far better than any hand job you can give yourself!" The group laughed freely then Robert had to excuse himself to tend to some more customers.

"A woman told me that, a bit more subtly I will admit, today. She told me a lot of other things too Thelma and something strange happened with her that I don't quite understand." He did not include the conversation with Es in his musing, believing that the blonde beside him was already aware of the holiday Es said she was taking.

"Robert, do you know the businesses along this strip well?" he asked as the man returned with fresh drinks.

"Pretty much, why you want something?"

"Do you know the café that's about three blocks up?" He pulled the card from his wallet "Porter's Eats and Sweets" he read.

"Yes, nice food there if you want to eat in a hurry," he replied. "My Annie works there couple of days a week."

"The old lady that owns the place, is she well? She seemed a little frail when I spoke to her today," asked Sydney looking intensely into the man's face and somehow knowing the answer.

"Sydney, I don't know who you were talking to, but that wasn't Mrs Porter. Old Belinda Porter died over thirty years ago!"

Sydney nodded his head and gave a smile. "Must have just been a customer whom I mistook for the owner," he said waving the matter off.

Thelma looked hard at the man beside her and decided that he better do some explaining later.

"Speaking of food, Robert, what are the meals like here?" asked Thelma. "I'm starving!"

"Well Sandy does counter dinners here but you can probably get a table upstairs in the bistro. Food's not bad, but the steak, chips and salad in here is mighty fine too!" he replied.

"Sounds good to me," said Sydney. Robert took their orders and disappeared through the door behind the bar.

Sydney heard a startled giggle followed by a playful slap then Robert was back and said, "About 15." He hustled off to serve several more customers.

The meal was as good as promised. The huge rare rump steak covered most of the plate and was smothered with a delicious mushroom sauce. Chips and salad bowls sat on the bar beside them. Thelma declared herself full after managing to consume about half the steak. Robert watched in amazement as the man at the bar finished his own meal, the rest of the woman's steak, the chips and all of the salad.

"Man you better watch your intake, you will end up as big as a house!" he said as he cleaned up the plates and took them out the back.

He found the pair still laughing over his remarks when he returned.

The two women that they had observed earlier slowly approached them at the bar. Robert whispered, "Thelma think you and Syd might have company tonight."

He waited till the women were in earshot. "Yes ladies what can I get you?"

The girls blushed as they gave him a wide eyed, flirtatious, look. Thelma whispered back to him, "Not us, maybe you and Sandy!"

The man's eyebrows rose comically and Sydney found it hard to control his chuckle.

sddconst
sddconst
99 Followers
1...34567...39