Redemption

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Soft1017
Soft1017
439 Followers

She didn't seem to notice him and walked straight past without saying a word. He exhaled in relief. Her presence was very intimidating and he looked back at her as she walked down the hall.

"Mark Delaney?" a very soft voice called out.

Mark turned his gaze from the serious woman and saw someone much younger smiling at him. She was about 5'7 and a bit on the heavy side. Even though she was not as slender as the women he was used to dating, she still had a beautiful curvy body. Most of the weight was in her voluptuous breasts and thighs. Her straight jet black hair was parted down the middle and the shiny tresses fell gently against her shoulders as she walked up to him. He took notice of her golden-brown skin tone and wondered what she tasted like.

His thoughts had gone back to the night in the motel where he discovered his new attraction. She was much prettier than the woman in the movie. Her snub nose complimented her face very well and when he looked into her brown eyes, he saw a certain warmth in them. He quickly got his head out of the clouds and cleared his throat as he extended his hand to her.

"Hi!"

"Hello, I'm Michelle... I'm so sorry that I made you wait. I was falling a bit behind this morning." she said kindly.

She took his hand and smiled. She had the prettiest set of teeth he had ever seen and the pink lip gloss she wore accented her smiling mouth beautifully. Her hand was very soft and he almost didn't want to let go. His own hands were rough and a bit calloused from all of his activities in prison.

"Your cubicle will be right next to mine. Mr. Benson said that I should do all I can to help you feel at home here, so if there's anything you need, just ask OK?"

"Sure. Thank you."

"Follow me, I'll show you to your space." she smiled.

As she turned away, he couldn't help admiring the wide curve of her hips. The way her bottom swayed as she walked entranced him. He felt guilty about his thoughts, but he couldn't help himself. He wondered what she looked like naked, beneath the blue satin blouse and black slacks. If only he could touch her bare skin...just once.

"Your work load this week won't be too heavy since you're new. I suggested this to Mr. Benson and he thought it was a good idea. I thought you might want to get used to everything first, then you can start with a full schedule on Monday."

"That's really considerate of you. Thank you."

"Oh it's no problem. I just hope that you like it here."

"I think I will." Mark said smiling.

Michelle led him to his cubicle and pulled her chair up to his. She was very close as she explained what he would be doing for the day. Her fragrance was delicious and he became fully aroused from the lovely scent. He was happy that he was sitting down; otherwise she would have seen the huge bulge in his pants. She had no idea how turned on he was and she made things worse for him when the side of her breast grazed his arm. It was an awkward moment and Mark pretended not to notice.

"Oh... sorry." she said with an embarrassed look on her face.

"It's alright." Mark replied with an understanding smile.

It was his pleasure to feel the softness of her breast against his arm. He thought that she would move away from him after that but she remained close. She didn't seem afraid of him and he wondered how much she really knew about him.

"OK I'll be over here if you need me. Do you have any questions before I go?"

"You're gorgeous...can I take you out sometime?" was the question he wanted to ask her; however his mouth uttered different words.

"No, I'm good for now."

She smiled at him one last time and turned to her desk.

He got to work. The plans she laid out for him were simple and he had no trouble staying on track. From time to time his eyes would drift away from his computer screen to look her way. She was very friendly with everyone in the office and he loved listening to her voice. It was very calm and soothing. Michelle even got a laugh out of the serious woman he saw earlier. He had calmed down a little since their bodies touched, but he still wanted her badly.

As the day went on, he got to know a few of the other employees. Michelle took the time to introduce him to a few of the men near his cubicle, as well as the serious woman. Her name was Margaret and she was their supervisor. He supposed she looked serious for that very reason. Overall, she was nice to him and he felt a little more relaxed around her.

The day went by quickly for him. Michelle had been very attentive and went out of her way to show him around the other offices and break rooms. He didn't expect things to go so smoothly and was glad that she was his guide. No one ever mentioned anything about his past. They might have been aware of it but there was never a hint from anyone, not even Michelle. She seemed like a very sympathetic creature and this led him to like her even more.

Mark had fallen into the normal routine of working at the office. His first months there had gone very well and he was well liked by the rest of the employees. A few of the men would constantly invite him out to a bar to have beers or watch a game. He wasn't sure that they knew about his history, but they gave him the impression that it probably wouldn't matter. Dr. Benson still called frequently to check on him and things seemed to be stable for once in his life.

Although Mark was now one of the popular guys in the office, he kept his distance from Michelle and for his own good reasons. He did like her but he was afraid of being rejected. They made small talk every now and then, but their conversations never went beyond their lives outside the office. He wanted to know more about her but didn't know if his advances would scare her. The last thing he wanted was to frighten her.

His chances of keeping his job might even be ruined if she felt uncomfortable in any way. He still was an ex-convict and nothing would change that. He felt unworthy.

All he could do was watch her pretty smile from afar and hope that one day he would get his opportunity. Other women made advances towards him every once in a while, but he didn't want them. Only one woman was on his mind.

One Friday afternoon, while he sat at his desk rummaging through a few files, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see lovely Michelle.

"Hey!"

"Hi, how are you?" Mark asked happily.

"I'm good thanks. Um listen, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while... but I didn't know how you would respond. My birthday's on Sunday and the office planned a birthday party for me tomorrow afternoon. I know its short notice but most of the guys are coming and I was hoping you'd be there too." she said with that pretty smile that he loved.

"Oh wow...definitely! I'd love to go. How old are you going to be?"

"Don't you know you should never ask a woman her age?" she smirked.

"Oh..."

"I'm kidding Mark!" she laughed. "I'll be 26. It's going to be at Hudson Park. Do you know where that is?"

"Yeah, I don't live too far from there."

"Ok cool. There will be drinks and lots of food, so I'm sure you'll have a good time. It starts at 5:30 and will probably go on into the night till everyone gets wasted." she chuckled. "You know, since we have the three day weekend and all."

He smiled in response as he thought that this might be his lucky break. Maybe he would get his chance to talk to her.

"Marky-boy! You down for the party?" one of the office guys, Steve yelled aloud, interrupting their conversation.

"I'll let you guys talk. See you there Mark!" Michelle said rushing away.

Mark frowned at the unwelcome interruption, but Steve just gave him a sly smile as they watched Michelle walk away.

"Dude, I think she likes you!" Steve whispered.

"What? Why? Cuz she invited me to her party? Everybody's invited man."

"Naa...that's not it. I just overheard something and it sounds like she's into you."

"You overheard what?" Mark asked suspiciously.

"She and Margaret were having a talk in the break room about the party and she told Margaret that she really wanted to invite you but she was nervous. She said she always thought you were cute... so yea, she likes you dude!"

"You're not bull-shitting me are you?"

"Look man, I see you lookin' at her all the time. Now you got a chance to say something to her. Anyway, I'm in charge of getting beers and liquor tomorrow and I need a little help. I'll pick you up if you want."

"Yea sure... and don't go spreading this around Steve. I don't need any problems."

"Hey man, your secret's safe with me!" he chuckled.

Mark didn't know whether to believe Steve or not. His plan was to calculate the mood of the party and if she was comfortable with him, then he would make a move. He was actually looking forward to having fun. The closest he had gotten to a party since he left prison was watching a football game at the bar with the other guys. He barely ever went out and if he did it was for groceries or other essentials. Prison life had somewhat turned him into a recluse.

When Steve picked him up the next day it occurred to him that he should have gotten her a present. He had no idea what she would like and Steve was out of ideas as well. Mark decided to get her a bouquet of two dozen roses and wrote her a little "Happy Birthday" note on the attached card. He didn't think it would be an impressive gift judging by what he had to go through with his exes, but he hoped that she would accept them.

When they arrived at the park the sun was close to setting and lavender lanterns lit the pathway to the party. It had already begun and seemed very lively. The area was set up with a huge white table adorned with flowers, candles and gourmet treats. The birthday cake was separate on a tiny table surrounded by streamers, balloons and gifts for Michelle. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, even Margaret who danced with Mr. Benson and a wine glass in hand.

He recognized a few of his mates, and was about to make his way to them when he felt that familiar finger tapping his shoulder. It was the birthday girl and she was stunning. She wore a long black lace dress with a high neck which hugged her curvy figure. The tiny silver beads which studded her bodice caught the lamplight and made the outline of her ample breasts shimmer. Her hair was pulled back into a tight pony tail and she wore long threaded silver earrings which dangled against her neck.

She looked very happy to see him and gave him an unexpected hug. He still held on to the roses because his mind had gone blank when their bodies met. Her body was softer than he had imagined and her scent was all the more intoxicating. She withdrew from the embrace and he handed her the bouquet.

"Happy Birthday!" he said.

"Wow thank you so much, they're beautiful!"

"I would've gotten you something else if I had known about the party earlier but..."

"That's my fault, but it's ok. I just really wanted you to come." she said happily. She lifted the bouquet and inhaled the sweet scent. "You're the only one who got me flowers tonight; I've never gotten roses before. That was really sweet of you."

"I'm glad you like them." he said bashfully, running his hand over his short hair.

Her rosy lips were calling to him and he did all he could not to stare at them for too long. Her mouth opened to say something more, but then a few of the women from the office rudely cut in and hugged her without warning. She was caught off guard and they pulled her away to their group of friends. She looked back at him sadly. She didn't want to leave but all she could do was smile sweetly as if to apologize for the second interruption. He waved at her and watched as she was dragged away, wishing he could save her from them.

Steve came up to him and shook his head.

"So close huh? Come on man, let's get a drink."

Even though Michelle was no longer in sight, Mark was still laughing and having fun. Once in a while he would look around for her but there were more than 50 guests there, half of them the entire office. He and Steve entertained themselves by betting who would be the first woman to end up flat on the grass from drinking too much. It had come down to Margaret vs. Cindy, a spunky young red-head who was known for spiking her coffee every once in a while. Both women were laughing loudly and attracting a few glimpses from the other guests.

In the end Mark won the bet. Margaret was smart enough to sit down at a table, knowing she would be in trouble if she stood any longer. Cindy on the other hand, stumbled behind a tree and began throwing up on the grass. A few of her girlfriends rushed over to hide the scene as she fell down to her knees. It was quite funny and Mark couldn't hide his amusement.

Suddenly, out of nowhere a hand gently tugged on his arm. He looked back to see the lady of the evening.

"Can I steal you away for a little while?" Michelle whispered softly.

"Yea, sure."

She led him to an area away from the crowd, surrounded by large oak trees. It was very dark where they stood and he was thankful. At least no one would try to grab her away again.

"I read your note... were you serious?" she said as she held up the card in her fingers. Written on the card was an offer to take her out to dinner on Sunday. He didn't know if she had any plans for her actual birthday night, but figured it was worth a shot. At least if she rejected him, it would be discreet.

"Yea... but if you have plans it's alright."

"No, I'd love to. I just didn't expect it, that's all."

"Well, I didn't have time to get you a proper birthday present, so I thought I'd treat you to dinner."

She smiled bashfully and nodded her head.

"That's very nice of you... what time should I be ready?

"How about 9...is that alright?"

"Yea perfect... well umm they're calling me to cut the cake." she said and he noticed her eyes drifting back to the party. "My number's on the card...call me ok?"

He took the card back from her as she ran back into the arms of her friends. He tucked it safely into his wallet and walked back to Steve. No one even noticed that he was gone because they were still too busy laughing at Cindy. Mark was glad that he took the chance to scribble his invitation on the card. He didn't think she would see it until it was too late, but she had.

The party went on past 1a.m. and by then everyone was beat. Mark had a little too much to drink and began feeling very sleepy. He said a quick goodbye to Michelle, who was still surrounded by the women and Steve drove him home.

Mark lay back against his pillows, still dazed from all the alcohol in his system. The tiny card picked up Michelle's scent and he inhaled her perfume deeply as he remembered the feeling of her soft body against his. He had wanted to kiss her so badly, but their surroundings would not permit it.

Although it was his usual habit to be apprehensive around other people, he didn't feel that way when she was near. Michelle had done nothing but make him feel like a normal human being. She was something special and he couldn't wait to see her again.

Chapter Three

"So, it doesn't bother you?"

"Well, no. It doesn't. From what I was told, you went through a lot when you were younger and anyone can identify with that."

"How much do you really know... about me?"

"I know that you committed a couple of armed burglaries and there were a couple of charges having to do with drugs. I don't know all the specifics but Mr. Benson said that you were given a five year sentence. That must have been really tough."

"Yea ... it was, but my mom was always there for me. Did he tell you about that part too?"

"Yeah...I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, she was a great mom and it was just her time to go. I'm really the one who messed up but before she died I promised her that I would change for the better."

"And you have." Michelle smiled.

"Yea well I think I have a long way to go. I'm still workin' on it."

"You're doing good Mark, I think she would be proud...besides you got me keeping an eye on you."

"Oh yea, you're my guard huh?" he laughed.

"Yup... I'm watching you, so don't you mess up!" she giggled. "Wow! That's a big one! Come on lets follow it!"

She pulled Mark by the arm and they followed the gigantic manta ray which swam past. Michelle was an ethereal beauty as the blue light from the underwater scene reflected off her dark skin. She seemed to forget herself and giggled like a school girl as she pulled him along.

Mark wanted to take her somewhere memorable for her birthday. He could have wined and dined her but that was unoriginal. He wanted to do something that she wouldn't forget.

As a child his mother took him to aquariums all the time because he loved the water. She was a single mother and didn't have much money to spend on toys. Instead, she would take him on long walks through the zoo and aquarium. He was amazed by ocean life and being pulled along by a pair of soft hands was nostalgic. His mother had done the same.

They had the aquarium almost all to themselves and everything was simply beautiful. It was their private underwater garden. Mark now knew that they shared the same love for the marina and it gave him even more confidence. He spent hours worrying about whether taking her to the aquarium was appropriate for a first date.

He was still clueless about what she liked and was prepared for some kind of protest. To see her smiling and having so much fun made him feel like he could share anything with her.

Michelle suddenly came to a halt in front of the shark tank.

"You know, that's what Margaret compared you to before we all met you. She tried to put it in my head that no one coming out of prison could be a decent person."

"Did you believe her?"

"Well, I won't lie. She almost had me convinced that you were a bad accident waiting to happen... but when I first saw you, I didn't see that at all."

"What did you see?"

"I saw a good man. I never felt uncomfortable around you for some reason... and that's something I didn't expect."

Mark smiled in response. Everyone was usually intimidated by him, whether it was because of his size or his history. She was not. The hard, gritty, cold man he saw himself as; that man did not exist in her presence.

He honestly never saw things going so well at work or with Michelle. His pessimism led him to believe that sooner or later he would end up in a fight with one of his co-workers or something would happen to land him back in prison. This was one of the reasons why he lay low and didn't go out at all. Now those thoughts were dissolving and he was looking forward to spending more time with her.

"Is that why you came out with me?"

She looked at him and smiled. "Yea, I thought you deserved a chance to have a good time."

"Well thank you, but this night was supposed to be about you, not me."

"And it still is about me. I'm glad you're here... with me." she whispered.

He leaned in slowly to kiss her, but the moment was stolen by a hammerhead shark which caught her attention and made her turn away. Still, his lips met with her neck and he felt her shiver.

She was taken by surprise and laughed softly.

"Sorry... I couldn't help myself."

"You're really cute you know that? I liked it, so don't say sorry."

"So... uh since you liked it, can I do it again?" he said with a sly look.

"Cute...funny... and you're trying to seduce me on our first date!" she laughed.

"Well since you just said that we're dating..." he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to him "I can do this too!"

"I guess so!"

They both laughed and remained arm in arm as they continued their tour. The aquarium was located near the beachfront and it was a great night-time attraction. The pier was brightly lit with colorful street lamps and the air was thick with the savory aromas of seafood dishes.

Soft1017
Soft1017
439 Followers
123456...8