All Comments on 'Relative Hatred'

by PrinceJupiter

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
redlion75redlion755 months ago

Reg is a fucking psycho.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm5 months ago

So, let me get this straight:

Reg is... what?... forty-five years old when he finds Allie's pictures? And he's then sexually obsessing over his almost twenty years younger cousin, because she didn't see him as a brother after he spent all of two weeks babysitting her when she was two?

Reg needs help. Professional help. He needs it NOW.

PrinceJupiterPrinceJupiter5 months agoAuthor

@OverconfidentSarcasm Way too big a gap. More like he was early or mid-thirties. He was angry at her and did terrible things which he will have to live with.

@redion75 He was in a bad place and did rotten things. At least he rose above it in the end and regretted them.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm5 months ago

@PrinceJupiter I mean... can't be THAT big of a gap. You described your MC as "a teenager at the time and living his own life" when Allie was born. A "teenager" who's "living his own" life would place the guy at around fifteen to nineteen years of age when Allie was born. Then another two years before he meets and starts to babysit her. You don't ask a thirteen-year-old to babysit a quasi-infant. So, based on that setting, the dude must be AT LEAST fifteen years older than Allie.

PrinceJupiterPrinceJupiter5 months agoAuthor

@OverconfidentSarcasm Ah, there’s the discrepancy. He wasn’t asked to be a babysitter. I said he basically became one. He was just over there to spend time with his relatives and ended up taking care of her too. He was 13 years older than her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous