All Comments on 'Revenge or Reconcilliation?'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
26thNC26thNC1 day ago

What’s up Doc? He’s going to get some IC from the lovely doctor.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 days ago

The motivations for the wife are so incomprehensible that it reads like comedy. Why bother forcing counseling (which btw, despite what loving wives authors tend to believe, is rarely ever granted when one spouse objects) if you're going to live with another man and screw him?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

I could not go through life named Chas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

⭐ I thought it was pretty good UNTIL we limped into another paraplegic closing with the therapist agreeing to enter into a "romantic" (read sexual) relationship with one of her patients. If this author intends to be taken in any way as serious or talented his stories cannot lean upon cute, stupid, and totally unrealistic endings. He might as well have had either character choose, after ending the "counselling", to enroll in Starfleet Academy and thereafter "boldly go where no man has gone before", and I don't mean trying to harvest cherries!

NallusNallus4 months ago

Didn't feel there was quite enough emotions or details in the story. David had three but good outline.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Author is clever and effective, providing a very well crafted story via very talented dialogue.

I’m motivated to read his other work

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay10 months ago

Too few LW stories talk about the husband confronting the wife with threat of revenge sex. What's good for the goose...

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

todos somos Beverly

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Therapy at it's best... Love the dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beverly's professional ethics are disgraceful, but it is only a story and a pretty entertaining one,

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Beverley is a blot. But she's practical.

Amy is a blot. And she's likely to stay that way.

Chas is just blotting it up. Smart chap.

5

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great twist loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the backbone you give the men in your stories. The wishy washy husbands in far too many of the cheating wife stories have a mental profile more in line with women than a normal man. Were it not for men behaving as men, the human race would have disappeared millennia ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Other than Amy's lack of participation being the exact opposite of what she would realistically be doing, the story was very good for a first effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great first story. Whatever happened to her rings? And why did she insist on the counseling if she didn't want to stay married?

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I forgot in my previous comment. This was really a great story for your first attempt. My congrats to you and any praise for those who may have helped editing or proof reading. Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

The reasonings and common sense of our author's arguments in the counseling sessions are amazing. I wished I had the kind of thinking and reasoning in my only divorce some 40 years ago.

Very humorous and inciteful! 5 stars of course!

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

"Ole Faithful" and "Bullshit and shenanigans"

I'm giving 5 stars just for that hilariousness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great dialog. Even if the last few lines were tongue in cheek, I feel they let down the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Uhhh...it's clear that rancher doesn't understand understand God dammed thing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
@Rancher46

Clearly doesn't understand the term "Tongue in cheek".

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Nice comical slam on court order reconciliation therapy. Can you imagine 6 lovers and the wife is so clueless as to think that the marriage can be saved. BTRH...

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

A fun tongue-in-cheek story.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The whole premise of them being in marriage counseling was a joke, especially since she was staying with one of her lovers. The storyline really went nowhere as the Amy character refused to contribute as a main character. 3 stars

jmmj5jmmj5about 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this.

wish I could think on my feet that quickly.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

I have to define some concordances:

@skruff101- a leopard cannot change its gait or its spots;

@Helen1899- once frivolous, always frivolous;

@Legio_Pa_tria_Nostra- working with someone else's head and behavior requires unblemished character, straightness of personality and impartiality of judgment. It's difficult for someone to have it all together...;

@Deprived891- typical traitor behavior: selfishness. These people want it all;

And finally: @SystemShock- your explanation to @robroy93's argument, answered the entirety of fictional characters in LW stories and everyday life. Deep selfishness and lack of respect for the other are responsible for all this.

There would be many others, but I turned to the most recent ones.

I enjoy reading the works posted on LW. I'm not a BTB or RAAC fan. But I can't bear that. person betrayed, suffer beyond the condition that presents itself.

Being tied to a traitor, losing one's children or being forced to live almost in financial misery, always merits drastic action.

The MC of this story took his hammer well. He didn't burn his cheating wife, he just put his foot down, in her point of view, and left behind a life of deceit.

Although he himself sought scabies to scratch himself. But that's just my opinion.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A good story. I like it a lot. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some people REALLY don't like marriage counsellors. Writing a story provides an excellent opportunity to explore that dislike. Methinks this author has revenge on his/her mind.

LWlurker

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Loved it, made me smile⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Considering how you got a professional so wrong, this piece of idiocy, (which exposed that along with the fact that some think this is what they would say, sorry dipshits they wouldnt)" Revenge would let Amy know that you are only interested in hurting her back and that means there is no love or caring in you for her or the marriage." Ending this story for me.

Literally no one would say that. Clearly the brain damaged buy into every piece of idiocy a writer puts out even when totally off the mark.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

A common thread in LW stories is ending a relationship with a slut in college only to meet years later and think she’s a misunderstood saint. Then he can’t understand when he’s blindsided with evidence of her reverting to type.

People can change I hear you cry, they can’t they really really can’t.

But hey it’s just a story.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

After her views on not being exclusive when they were first together, how can be have ever contemplated marrying her, I lost interest after that. I gave it an undeserving 2*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Psychologists, psychiatrists and 'family counsellors' are, as a general rule, themselves in need of 'professional help'.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Doc sounds pretty hot, Chas. Have fun.

Deprived891Deprived891almost 3 years ago

She had 5 lovers, and he is not allowed to have any? Where is the balance??

Amy is still spreading her legs, that the friend she is staying with is a new lover

LOL, I had to.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

the counselor must be new at her job

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Entertaining, but not sure why Amy wants to contest the divorce, besides the fear losing her meal ticket (and if that was her concern, she could at least try not openly cheat while the process is still ongoing). Quite the sick puppy. Also, Bev sounds like a quack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SO FAR FETCHED*

... it kept reminding me that this is a story contrived by a fiction writer and not a slice of reality.

But it was an interesting read.**

Just like some Sci-fi and FANTASY is.

*As already delineated by other commenters.

**Interesting enough to try another by the author.

Paul in Oklahoma

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Anon “Uh!”

Do NOT take legal (or marital) advice from a commenter who cannot spell ‘adultery.’

I have favorited this letter so I can find (and, yeah, plagiarize) it if I ever hit that situation.

5*. hope I don’t need to use it!

phill1cphill1cover 3 years ago
BTB, doesn't really exist

I mean, how is anyone burned here? She CLAIMS to not want a divorce but is actively cheating AFTER she is already caught. She's getting dick and will likely get $$ from the divorce. Clearly, she doesn't give a shit about her husband.

Yet she's in counseling. OK. Not really a plausible situation but so often used.

Women aren't the sobbing messes portrayed here. Why would she be? She already has a replacement for this guy.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Leaving them crying on the floor is priceless. Another great burn from this author.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Read again still great

Enjoyed

Beverly first but hopes she farts first

SystemShockSystemShockabout 4 years ago
@robroy93

Why? That's easy: Security. They fight to keep the safety net intact. To keep the gravy train from rolling out of the station. They go out and have their fun, then come home to the one who pays their bills, buys their trinkets, takes care of them when they're sick, etc. And often expects *less* out of them sex-wise than their lovers do in exchange for all that. Even the strong, independent, successful types who make double what their husbands do, or more, like having a butler at home they don't have to pay.

They can claim "love" and all that good stuff, but the reality is they don't really want to go back to the single life. They want the freedom it entails, but they usually aren't too thrilled about the being on their own aspect, especially if they've been married as long as the couple presented here has.

Harsh, but that's just how it is. When a serial cheater demands counseling, in fiction or in real life, it damn sure isn't out of love for anyone but themselves.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Why

Why do the wives cheat and then fight so hard to keep the marriage. Amy couldn't stop cheating long enough to to MC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

A great short story with an absolute killer ending. I am still laughing 30 minutes after reading it.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
interesting

I liked the story, but i'm not sure WHY the wife was fighting the divorce, especially if she was staying with another lover.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reading again

I really.like this author's style. He says it all in a few words. Great style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Lawyer, judges, politician, and the judicial system are all corrupt.

Just look at what is going on right now in the country. Like in this story , politicians pas ridiculous laws, like no fault. As many have stated in other comments I have read. A wife could fuck an entire football team in plan view, no big deal, shes rewarded in court, could also force the husband unto counseling on his dime. the lawyers and judges are counting on repeat business , that's the purpose for light sentences. Its a good ole boys club, you scratch my back, Ill scratch yours. If the law wasn't so corrupt most of the politicians would be jail. My favorite line is from the movie SHOOTER, when the senator says to Boblee there are no democrats or republicans, just have and have nots.How true.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
How did he stay so long

Good story kept changing numbers of her partners

Keep it up

I will keep reading

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Wrong counseling.

The kind of counseling Amy needs is not couples counseling. Whether she has maturity or emotional problems, she is pathologically incapable of fidelity. Run, do not walk, in the opposite direction!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Like it

Amy is an unbelievably dumb bitch. Why even try to save the marriage? Good.on Chaz for exposing her duplicitous behavior and hitting on the Doc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This happened to you

And I went through something similar. I know your pain. And I know your rage. You are not done yet. I am Bob at besemer@outlook.com, if you want to ta8 o.olk

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

interesting take. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cute and clever, but no substance.

What was the point? The wife wants counseling to save the marriage, but she's still fucking around? If he married a woman that stupid and selfish he got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Any character who calls a doctor "Doc" gets a 1*

I didn't even read after the first paragraph. Why would I want to read about an ignorant self opinionated loser.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 5 years ago
cute and entertaining

I liked it. 5*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Oh Yeah

I want a girl

just like the girl

that married dear old dad.

Not a cunt like this.

Our hero deserves better.

andyinozandyinozover 5 years ago
Both barrels ...

... bang !!

Well done Chas !!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Damn

good start by the way.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
He

married a slut and she remained a slut. The surprise would have been if she had remained faithful. Hey, single guys, if you are fucking a girl who doesn't believe she is in an exclusive relationship with you, she's a slut or some variety of swinger/hot wife. Make your choices accordingly.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
SURE IS NICE, WHEN AT THE END

your back-up and stand-by is so close at hand, TK U MLJ LV NV

VenustasVenustasabout 6 years ago
His Fault

Of course it was his fault. Given her attitude at college he should never have married her.

Does he think leopards change their spots?

trandall9991trandall9991over 6 years ago
Oh mY still laughing.

What a way to end the sham. Thanks for the funny story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREAT JOB!

Loved it. You sure this was your first ?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent! !!!!!!

All of it was great. The ending was FANTASTIC! !!!

GREAT JOB. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I NEVER SAW THAT COMING!

The title of my comment says it all! SHEEEEIITTT MAN

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

Love you all! GREG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

NEVER EVER FART AT AN UPSCALE RESTAURANT I DID UNFORTUNATELY IT

WAS LOUD AND STUNK (beer farts are like that) ANYWAY THIS PORTLY

GENTLEMAN NEAR OUR TABLE STARTED TO LAUGH AND HE STARTED TO CHOKE

ON WHAT HE WAS CHEWING ON! THEY CALLED E.M.T. PARAMEDICS AND ALL

HELL BROKE LOOSE HIS DRAGON BITCH WIFE WANTED TO SUE ME (what for farting)

THE OWNERS OF THE RESTAURANT SMOOTHED OVER WITH DRAGON BALL Z

NEEDLESS TO SAY MY WIFE WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH ME

I WONDER IF YOU CAN CALL MY FARTS A TERRORIST ATTACK!? LUVS YA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stupid!

Absolutely unrealistic. Adolescent male fantasy material. Essentially a one sided rant. You didn't need any other characters in the story. Complete crap.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
No therapist would say that happy wives don't cheat

It's not true. Studies show that happy wives in loving marriages are much less likely to cheat, especially repeatedly, but it still happens. Doesn't make it the husband's fault necessarily. What is odd here, is that wife is fighting the divorce, seeking counseling, and then doesn't participate. And she's still cheating. That doesn't make sense. Why force the issue if you aren't interested in following through? She wouldn't. Always ask yourself why your character does anything, especially if it is the foundation event for your story. It doesn't look like you did that here. Seems as if the only reason that she fought the divorce and demanded counseling was so that you could have a set up for your story. Good writing, but not the best story telling.

oldwayneoldwayneover 7 years ago
TORCHTHEBITCH FOREVER!

FIVE STARS!

SamsungdfpSamsungdfpover 7 years ago
Fucking beautiful

Why do cheating spouses wants to reconcile their marriages when they are the ones wreacks them?

Top marks

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wrong Category!

Should be fantasy & science fiction.

Actually, the wife was a husbanf's dream! She balled like a whore, but didn't talk!

In most U.S. states, If the therapist proceeds to date/boink hubby right after the counseling session described in this story, she's facing loss of her license to practice, criminal prosecution, as well as resetting the court ordered husband-wife counseling sessions.

In addition, husband was painted as a real ass. Why any wife outside of science fiction would want to remain married to this jerk boggles the mind.

For your first story, four stars. Language, graamar, diction all good, story kept reader's attention, story had unusual surprise twist at end. (That the particular twist was fantasy will be accepted and not down-graded in first effort.)

Keep writing.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Funny.

Surprised I liked it as much as I did!

Good fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
okay

even if the dumb wife was just a prop and not a real character in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Did he think to have a

DNA test on his son? I really felt like we walked into the middle of the fourth quarter with this story. Therapist was talking out of both sides of her mouth. He shouldn't seek revenge, it was his fault, the wife wants to have her cake and eat it too! Thanks for the offering but, story wasn't well done IMHO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Marriage Counseling Is Always One-Sided

I would rather play Russian Roulette with a loaded pistol than to have to go to a Marriage Counselor. To the very last one, they enter into the session with the sole purpose of 'saving the marriage'. Therefore, they generally pick the side of the wife. They go into these sessions with blinders on. The husband is going to be determined to be to blame for the wife cheating. Like lawyers, Marriage Counselors should be lined up in front of a wall and executed by a firing squad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Liked it

But I find it difficult to picture a wife as dumb as that. I mean:

"Yes, well me too. Would it surprise you to know that Amy is still spreading her legs, Beverley; that the friend she is staying with is a new lover?"

Amy shrank lower in her chair and started softly sobbing. Doctor Karnes seemed distressed.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Sugna

You sound like you're right back to where the doctor was early on in the story... blaming him for the problem. 'He should have known better?' I thought that's what the breakup in college was about. He did 'know better.' I admit that there wasn't a lot of story details about what led up to the current state of affairs, but it seems that things were OK at home except that she was becoming distant after the son moved out. A major portion of the time spent in the sessions here were to establish the fact that she never talked to him about any problems that she had. My thoughts run more along the lines of she should have known better than to start riding any cock she could find before she came to him and said ' We have a problem.' One of the basic problems in most of these stories is that there is NO COMMUNICATION! If you don't talk, it can't be fixed.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Grim

A long grim tale about a guy who should have known better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
boooooooring

really, really boring. I really hate counseling sessions.

and she has to be unrealistically stupid to be living with her lover while trying to reconcile.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Oops

Let me modify my prior statement. This is not to criticize THIS story. For a first story, this is not a bad effort at all. It takes some time to start getting the feel for good characterization and conflict.

Two of the best of Stangstar's stories was 'Hostile Takeover' and "Forever Gone, Forever You". Why? In both those stories, our hero was CHALLENGED by the other person. In one, he defeated the evil bitch. In the other, he reconciled. I don't care which you pick (though I have a pretty fair guess...) but it made the story much more interesting.

Having read three of your stories just today, it seems that ALL of your womenfolk are Pells.

So here is a plot for a better story: What does hero-boy do when HE is the one who walks into an empty house and SHE ran off with a million dollars? THAT story has potential.

Every guy running off with a million dollars and leaving a sobbing ex...not a lot to say about that.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Read this again with your new submission

There is this thing they had in Medieval times. Knights would come up to it and bap it about with their sword for training. It was called a 'pell'. Some were sophisticated and had actual body like shapes.

But the defining feature of a pell, which made it great for letting your Mall Ninja out but not actually sharpen your SKILLS was that a pell, however sophisticated, could not hit back.

So reading this, I did not actually meet a soon to be ex wife. I met a pell: something there to absorb the blows of our hero.

A villainess would provide a challenge to our hero so he could...um...be heroic.

I will refer you to JPB's excellent tale "Rob and Amy'. This one works because the woman HIT BACK! Our hero did not get all his own way.

And that is the mark of a hero: that despite his bruises and his set backs, he wins in the end. That story of JPB had me ENGAGED.

This woman could be dealt with with a dry mop.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 8 years ago
Forced counseling

This is a subject that has bothered me for a while. Does anyone know someone who was forced by a judge to go to marriage counseling prior to divorce? My good friend and coworker has a friend who has been practicing law in Ohio for nearly forty years. He does mostly liquor law but he handeled divorces early in his career. I asked him has he ever had a judge order counseling in a divorce case. He said where kids are involved yes and even though they can order they never do against the will of one or both of the parties. As he put it ; "What would be the point?"

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Responses

@hindight2020 – Actually the switch at the end WAS supported by the story, her remark about what a good catch he would be sort of fore-shadowed the ending.

@ramonbrook – “Why” she is a cheater is immaterial. She just IS, it was possibly fore-shadowed by her reaction to being exclusive when they were dating the first time.

@FD45 – ACTUALLY, if you are using quotation marks, and the same person is speaking over two or more paragraphs, only the last paragraph gets closing quotes.

Ex: Jane said, “Blah, blah blah…….

“Blather, crap, bullshit……..

“Then, finally.”

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Another Point

As some others have said, SHE'S the one fighting the divorce and insisting on counseling, yet she's STILL cheating?!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Loved The Ending

Even if not 100% ethical LOL!

"Chas if you cannot accept your portion of the responsibility I guarantee your marriage will not survive this." – Since HE filed for divorce, and is only there because the court ordered it, it would seem that he would be just fine with that result!

It's also interesting that Amy never answered the question about what SHE would do if HE had multiple affairs to "balance the scales". I think we all know the answer to THAT one! No way would she accept HIM back!

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
I liked the story, because these are just the kind I like to read on here...

I see that this was submitted 2 years ago, and since you just submitted "Know Thyself..." I assume you are still checking on comments. It was difficult to begin this story, because we didn't know what kind of doctor Beverly was. It was a while before we learned she was a counselor. But I liked the ending, especially the "fifth" lover during this time.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ONCE IN LOVE WITH AMY

be prepared to share. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
why use the same names again?

with almost (Sarah is now Peter) nothing changed other than opting for "plan b" in this version?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
yeah

good, but not realistic with the wifw wanting counseling yet still cheating?

Something wrong there. That is a major plot issue.

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
Good story, bad ending.......

Unless you don't mind seeing the therapist lose her license. Still a good story though.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Great!

What a sick woman! A little extreme and somewhat unlikely in her still fucking around. Most whores would allow the divorce to proceed and take what they could from the marriage and then move on.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
Fun Exchange

But knowing women as I do, I find it difficult to believe that the loving wife would remain mute during all the conversation.

But it was fun, thanks for the short atory.

Please writing.

FNS269FNS269about 9 years ago
Good tale

I liked the idea of the story and rated it a 4. However, I would have given the wife more dialog. The ending came too fast with the 180 the good doctor did. Nothing up to that point created any chemistry between them. Good first story, but it was neither revenge nor reconciliation.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Darned fine tale.

I found myself picturing Chas as Sam Elliott, rather than the successful computer geek. And, why is the wife fighting the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Story is well written but

didn't make any sense...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AS ALL FISHERMEN KNOW

you have to chum the waters, sometime with bait, others with words. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Five Stars For The Ending Alone!

The doctor keeps threatening him with the end of the marriage – he WANTS it to end!

Amy wants to save the marriage and she’s STILL cheating?!

LOL, loved the ending, even if it treads on the edges of ethical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Little short on build up

I like the stories and I like the man only point of view. What I would recommend is more build up where the husband wonders what is happening then finds out about the cheating whore and that flows into the story as written. The build up gives the reader more of a reason to kick the cheating whore to the curb, makes for a more well rounded story. Don't really need nitty gritty sex in them just speaking of the act is enough. Write more stories please.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous