All Comments on 'Rose Faded'

by hotprof1973

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
wet4hotstorywet4hotstoryalmost 5 years ago
Simply Amazing 5 Stars

Finally another Hotprof LW story and worth the wait. As always it won’t get near the rating it deserves because of the one-star misogynistic trolls that even attack me on DM’s. If the trolls can ask everyone to one-star, I’m asking everyone who likes this to 5 Star if you agree with me that its way better than its rating. The quality of other recent submissions compared to this is laughable- especially that horrid Salt and Pepper.

YouamiYouamialmost 5 years ago
A great little tale with several lessons!

hotprof1973

I truly enjoyed your tale. Yes, the downfall of Rose with the asshole Cam was almost expected from the start, but I was not expecting the insidious role of Dan. That was well crafted by you. And yes, occasionally, I admit that I am a sucker for a happy ending. God only knows, there aren't many of those in everyday life! So kudos to you and please keep submitting.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

I normally believe in burning the bitch, but this time I think reconciliation was the right choice. The drunken seduction by an ex-boyfriend was obviously not planned and Troy evened the score by having an equally unsatisfying one-night stand.

The cliche about the wife doing anal with a lover and not her husband made me laugh. Their sex life must have been pretty mediocre if they never even tried anal in all the years they'd been together. Cheerleaders have incredible bodies with all those workouts, there's no way tapping her ass wouldn't have come up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice

Very good effort, enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Don't even know where to start...

He did not cheat on her. The marriage contract was already null and void, broken by HER. Then she gets an attitude, and decides what they will or won't discuss. In any event he did end up a bitch, her bitch. The shit just kept getting higher...

NeuroBillNeuroBillalmost 5 years ago
Deeper

Almost a 5 IMHO. I read these stories for the psychdramatic insight. Troy was handled well. Anytime an author can generate sympathy for a character, that author hits the mark. HotProf1973, you did well with Troy. You almost did as well with Rose, but her POV was missing near the end and that absence made the ending feel rushed to the detriment of a fine effort....4 1/2 as a result. Still, I'll keep looking for your submissions hoping to hit the jackpot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Weak

Troy should have sent the tweet putting the cheating from another computer or his phone and burned them all. He should have also sued Dan and paper. Burn them all

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 5 years ago
I really enjoyed this story

Thanks for writing.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 5 years ago
Outstanding

You are one of the very few writers on this site who has insights into how mature people feel and behave. Please keep writing so I have something to look forward to.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Good story.

I don't like Rose. She is a fucking bitch idiot who ruined her life and health while risking her child's future and humiliating her husband. She at least realized what a complete loser she is which is something. Despite my dislike of her, you wrote her

in a very believable and compelling way. I believe she does love her husband and son very much despite being a pathetic whore because she believed her husband didn't want to come to an important event. She truly sucks shit but by the end, I actually felt sorry for the stupid bitch. Very good writing.

Baxter deserved far more pain but he at least paid some for his behavior and Dan lost for his Machiavellian plot but more pain dished to him would have felt good.

I am most disturbed that Dan and Baxter conspired to humiliate and hurt your protagonist and his stupid cunt of a wife went right along with it and nearly ended her life while destroying her family and for what? She did it because she thought he didn't want to come to one important function?

Great work to make me care about this story and such a pathetic woman.

I'm really looking forward to more of your work. This was really quite good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Rose's motivation

Something was missing in the middle - Rose's motivation. Sure, hubby missed an important function, but there hadn't been a history established that this had happened before and was a source of real friction between the two. As a result, she comes off as being a fairly simple-minded, easy target.

This is contradicted in the end, as we are back to the original description of Rose, who would never think of doing such a thing before. I understand Baxter is an ex, so there is that, but it's just a little too simple and an insult to the picture painted of Rose before.

Another point that is bothersome. TWICE hubby's insecurities result in Rose giving up something she loves (cheerleading, being an agent). The transition of the hubby to a stronger, more confident person would have been enhanced if they found a way to make her career as important as his. As it stands, she gives up everything for him - he's given up nothing for her.

Overall, I enjoyed the story. The writing is good, with a couple of flaws (NHL???). Happy to give it a high rating.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Really Good

I think this was the best of all your stories I’ve read. Both Rose and Troy leapt off the pages. It’s interesting because most of the time even with the best authors at most only one of the characters come to life and the other seems like the ‘straight man’ or place holder. In this both cane to life, but more so Rose. Which isn’t hard to understand as it’s obvious you love women.

The other thing was this was a very mature look at the characters. Cam was going through a divorce so had the flare up on the football field and then wanting revenge on Troy. Rose was having insecurities about the hysterectomy and sexual future, her immense guilt and ‘self-hatred’ as she put it so she came out very cold to Troy to try to ‘tip the band-aid’ as she put it. How often in these LW stories a wife acts so completely out of character (I mean rose being so cold towards Troy in the park and not the cheating) and that’s not clarified by the author so you wonder is the husband so clueless in the story that he tells you his wife of 20 years is so loving and intelligent and then she cheats and acts like a total heartless bitch. As a reader you have to decide if the husband was so distant and clueless that he didn’t see what a waste of oxygen the wife was all along, that she had a mental breakdown, or that the mind does wonderful things in trying to protect itself when under a lot of stress.

Jason and Lisa were wonderful characters too. Motivations of the bad guys made sense which isn’t always true in these stories. I could have done without Rose bringing sex with Cam up the first time she was with Troy again, but I get why she did and that’s probably my only gripe in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great well-written story 5 Stars

Stumbled onto one of hotprof's stories a few weeks ago and binge read most of them - even the comments. Can somebody explain why all the hate? Read the comments, it's hate at him personally and not the stories. Even his unedited stories are way better written than most posts, but he's roasted worse than the ones barely readable. Is it how he reacts to trolls by not by defensive? He seems genuine and not pompus. Head scratch moment. Here's someone who can actually write willing to let you read his shit for free. Why try to chase him away?

HoundandFoxHoundandFoxalmost 5 years ago
Realistic

I enjoyed the ending. Too many stories either end with instant forgiveness and never speak of this again or instant divorce. The reality of uncertainty and the random recurrence of feelings down the line is much more accurate.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
A well written story, but . . .

. . . I think you moved too quickly from Troy's utter anger and feelings that he had been beaten in bed by Cam to reconciliation. There's no indication that he ever got over his ideas about 'big black cock' being better, and the idea that Rose is just settling for him. That needed to be explored more.

I'm guessing that there will be comments about how Troy wimped out and is an eternal cuck, and Troy was expressing all of those sentiments through the middle part of this story; heck, Harry in Virginia could have written the middle part.

The question isn't the end of the story, but what happens six, eight, ten years down the road.

Oh, and a Packers' fan naming a son Brady? Get real!

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 5 years ago
Very good

Very realistic and authentic portrayal. I find it hard to believe people could be as dirty as Dan, but perhaps they do exist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Flawed Protagonists

Best part of the writing here was the flawed characters. Yeah, still had the LW tropes, but, well, it IS LW, so... Good story.

texxmantexxmanalmost 5 years ago
Another great story

I enjoyed reading this. Some in the BTB crowd will hate it, but I thought it ended well and realistically (given the extraordinary circumstances).

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 5 years ago
Very nice

Loved the STORY and the writing. Don't want to second guess you but I think a reconciliation here was a stretch. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
No easy ride

The situation these lovers got into was tough but this story got down to the nitty gritty and was a compelling read. Max stars for me.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 5 years ago
Sometimes, yelling helps.

There's a tendency to write dialogue as a series of speeches. But that's not how we talk and certainly not how we fight. The confrontation at the end, especially what Rose says, sounds real to my ear. Over much traveled ground, you found an interesting way to go. Nice job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"Not now, talking with my boyfriend," - Who's she saying "not now" too, her roommate or a guy?

"arms and shoulders like a shithouse" - Huh? I've heard the term "built like a brick shithouse," referring to a woman, this is a new one!

"Even having her tubes tied would be a very risky operation." - That strikes me as odd. I'm FAR from an expert on female reproductive anatomy, but I don't see how an issue with the uterus would preclude her having her tubes tied.

When did the kid's name change from Brady to Dylan?

"You just have to show her that you can get past watching what she did." - But that's not what she's asking for, not that he CAN, but he WILL, and how can he answer that if she won't let him try?

It's Rose that doesn't want to work things out, not Troy, why are his brother and s-i-l getting on HIS case?

Life-changing surgery?" - She couldn't have more children anyway, losing her uterus doesn't change that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Technically quite well written...

but the plot was mawkish and relied on many of the standard LW cliches....the Martian Slut Ray (the "rationale" for Rose's adultery wasn't in the least credible), the hyper-masculine, emotionally and intellectually infantile, black male, the magic of "counseling" ( The author treats the "Dr, Phil and Oprah" hustle as if it represents something other than a modern superstition. At least he didn't stoop to using counseling sessions to tell the story), spuriously treating as morally equivalent the adulterous behavior of one spouse and subsequent sexual activity by the victimized spouse ( They would only be morally equivalent if the author held a covenantal view of marriage, which I doubt anyone here understands, let alone holds. Given the view of marriage here defaults to "contract", it's clear that adultery is a material breach that allows the victim to void the contract. On that view, divorce is just tidying up the property and custody issues. So, Rose committed adultery, Troy didn't. Implying some sort of moral equivalence is just an overused trope for setting up a RAAC), using a "medical emergency" as a springboard to RAAC, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

One for the committed audience from the closed ward.

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1almost 5 years ago
Very good story, great plot, well developed believable characters

The characters were believable and their imperfections made for interesting drama and suspense in the story.

5 stars one of the best I have read on site. Please continue publishing!

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
Lost me

With all the big black cock crap. You do know there are all types in sports.Knew it was going to be a raac story as soon as the big black crap started. You would have gotten a 5 but blew it with that crap . You do know it's 2019 and people can love and be with any color they want.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 5 years ago
FULL SCORE!

I don't understand how there are no comments at this time. This is probably the best all-around story posted in LW this year.

Thank You For The Read!

Okay, one small constructive criticism--check up on the use of verb lay, lie...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
The Night Off

I realize that he's not comfortable at these functions, but for her to believe that he ASKED for the assignment, after he TOLD her it was forced on him, is hard to believe.

Also, just when did his boss tell her? Did he call her up special that evening??

Why didn't she tell him it was a special night? The award wasn't a surprise to HER, there was no need to keep it from him, except to make sure he didn't go!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pretty much a piece of shit.

Racist motherfuckers are a dime a dozen on here. Just look at the Carolina Dreamer. When that bitch likes your story, you really do write shit. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Quite possibly your best story yet

It had human, relatable, fallible characters. The amount of drama and characters that weren’t over done and had sense brought a level of realism to the whole story that was very enjoyable.

hotprof1973hotprof1973almost 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all comments so far - good and bad

Thanks so much for the comments, though I am disappointed that some of the trolls couldn’t be bothered to even type a complete sentence. ☹

Just quickly want to address having the wife cheating with an Afro-American. While I fully admit I was using the BBC trope, I did with the full intent of not making it ‘white woman can’t resist black cock,’ by making it two former lovers who obviously still care for each other, and giving Baxter some depth. I submitted it before some recent stories have people rightfully sensitive about portrayal of race. My intent was to downplay the stereotype, and make the MC racial insecurities a flaw rather than a statement.

Sbrooks, you made some interesting points and caught things my editor and I missed. However, Rose’s condition, as I said, is based on my wife. Any surgery in the area creates a risk of a tear, whereas male sterilization is risk free, so tube-tying was not given as a option. As well, removing a uterus causes a lot more changes to a woman than just being barren, and is life changing – especially when it happens to a woman not even middle-aged

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
Surely, Mr Dreamer, you’ve noticed how . . .

. . . the moderators have been getting a touch slower about releasing comments. I don’t like it either, but hey, this is a free site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
As usual the husband takes all the blame when the wife is the one who is lying

could have been a really good story but because the husband takes all the crap... Even though all the events in the story were triggered by the wife.... I can only rate the story as a 2

1st there are far too many comments here complaining about the husbands insecurities and The career choices it cost his Wife.... And the assumption here is that the husbands in securities or brought about because of the weisse being a super hot model and cheerleader . That analysis's is stupid and superficial.

The husbands in securities are brought about because of the way the wife handles an marriage proposal. As soon as I read that she had taken 2 weeks to make a decision on whether to marry him you knew that it was going to be a serious problem. It was obvious that there was something going on in the background ...either a relationship or a character flaw or something which was going to show up in the marriage later on.

It was her decision to wait 2 weeks and not tell him what the 2 weeks was all about and why she had to take the 2 weeks.... That placed marriage at risk from the very get go and drove his insecurities.

No man should ever get married to a woman who has to wait 2 weeks to say yes or no and then lie about it and not tell you WHY she had to wait 2 weeks. And no man should ever marry a woman where he has to ask her 3 4 5 or 6 times.

At least the wife have the character to admit that her reaction to the husband having to work on expectedly that night was completely over the top. Even if the husband was in secure about her success at this banquet the decision to even flirt with the ex boyfriend was absolutely ludicrous.

But that covers up a bigger problem in the story. The wife he had her entire relationship with the Green Bay Packers football player for the entire time they were married and till it finally showed up on the videotape.

So a husband doesn't know why she waited 2 weeks for the marriage proposal.

He doesn't know that she's been dating athletes from the football team who are in better physical shape.

Then when he finds out about her operation and wants to try and talk to her and reconcile she shuts that down without any explanation

Yet Everyone is blaming him for having in securities?

Are all you people fuckings retards?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Just reread the part about her confronting her husband about his critique of her ex boyfriend and the fact that she’d been wearing ‘his jersey’ since Troy knew her. Doesn’t seem consistent with her later descriptions of that relationship...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dump her

Stories like these are all the same wife gets mad at hubby for one reason or another goes out gets drunk and fucks somebody doesnt talk to hubby first just goes with whatever crap she is fed. She is supposedly drop dead beautiful so she is use to guys running a line on her but this time she is mad at her husband so she fucks an old boyfriend, to what teach him a lesson. Pure bullshit, I say dump the cheating whore how could you ever be sure she wouldnt do it again after all he ruined her life she couldnt be a cheerleader any more and she couldnt be a model because of what she thought about how he would act so she still has resentment....BITCH

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
lovely

well done, two charecters who loved each other, yes they both had problems in there lives but they got around them, if it wasn't for the dumb ass boss the cheating would never have happened, all in all a great story, well worth a 5, theres no 8 so a 5 will have to do , thanks for sharing

SevMax2SevMax2almost 5 years ago
I like that they're trying to reconcile.

There's a good deal of promise for reconciliation. However, I should note that I agree with the anon who dismisses the stupid tropes of "counseling panacea" (counseling can fix some things, but not everything, and both sides have to really want to work it out , and have a competent counselor to boot, not the Dr. Phil kind) as well as the idiot "big black cock" stereotype, the wife who doesn't do anal with hubby, but finds an excuse to do it with her fling/lover, and the "covenantal" assumption that his cheating is on the same level as hers. No, buddy, I think not. Her cheating voided at least the "forsaking all others" part of their vows, if nothing else. It's not a sacred covenant in the sight of the Abrahamic God, just an institution and contract and custom passed down from a time when men bought their wives from their fathers. One side breaks it, it's broken. Then it's a matter of deciding whether to stay or go.

In this case, while I'm not keen on monogamy, Troy clearly is, and aside from this incident, so does Rose, so I'm all for them giving it another run (one of Paul Overstreet's better lyrics there). Clearly, they're miserable without each other. Lisa and Jason are right about that much. All in all, not a bad RAAC story, and no, it doesn't make Troy a "cuck" or "wimp," not even close. Trolls throw those terms around far too freely, but that's about the only words that they can read or write, since they're monosyllables.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@ReedRichards

You know why the quicker reconciliation worked? Rose did the "take away". She said she wanted out, which essentially was a bucket of cold water over Troy's head to either shit or get off the pot. It created a sense of urgency that he realized she wasn't going to just wait for him to take as long as he could. He had to deal with and try to resolve his issues quicker. Now, Rose didn't do it with that in mind, she considered that the best course was to end the marriage, but it had the same effect. It put Troy on the spot with having to deal with things faster then if left to his own devices.

I'm someone that has no problem with apologizing. I'll apologize to a 2 year old or a dog (if I stepped on it's paw for example) if I'm in the wrong. Same with ex-girlfriends and my wife. However, my wife and ex-gf's learned very quickly that if I apologized and said I was wrong that was it. No beating me on the head over and over with my mistake. An ex-gf once told me I'm the master of the take away. I'm always willing to walk away from any relationship and because of that I've never gotten any grief in any relationship. Rose was willing to walk away which changed the power dynamic. Once he realized how much he loved her, her willingness to walk, created a paradigm shift in his thinking and focused him on trying to keep her, as opposed to focusing on wallowing in what happened. As far as 10 or 20 years down the road, they were supposed to go to counseling so hopefully that helped them get over it.

The circumstances were that this could work. Troy realized that both were played. It was one time and not an ongoing affair. There wasn't a long period of a coldness developed between them. Her medical issues brought on sympathy. Etc!

That was one of the things that was great about Rose. Besides being extremely beautiful, she had a lot of character and she realized her self-worth. She made her decisions thoughtfully, she put the welfare of her child first (she didn't want her son to grow up watching them bickering for years not being able to get over this), and while she was willing to apologize she wasn't going to have Troy use what happened to beat her up with it forever. I can identify with what Rose did, because that is pretty much exactly what I would do. Sans the hysterectomy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'd have dumped her.

Sorry, but her behavior was way out of line - he missed an award dinner? so she has an affair with her ex? Then tells lies and has her family believing he is abandoning her and the kid? Her reasoning was all about her hurt feelings, and he is the bad guy? I could never again trust such a person. Just a story, but I did not believe the end.

Well written, though. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Leave the players color out of it. She cheated and her husband will never trust her again so divorce and start a new.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019almost 5 years ago
No

I love reconciliation stories and I thank you for writing this. However, these are two people who should not be together. He is weak and she is dishonest. I didn't like either character.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Good story and a bit different.

However, she was the coward, not him. She demanded a guarantee of forgiveness. No one could do that. It also reminds me that I hate football players.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not that good. Pretty muchwarmed over interracial BS

All I can really say which hasn't been said already is; looking at the world and the US the way it is currently, you just HAD to feed the racism fire,, didn't you? He HAD to be a big, gorgeous black guy. He couldn't have been white, he couldn't have been Asian or Lithuanian. He had to be a hung, muscular black guy. Just remember, people are rational and non-violent until they aren't.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
The ending was

Logical. Dated a beauty for 3 years, I was insecure like him. Im average. I watched our relationship die a slow death. Rose gave up a lot to get her man. Wish life was more like that. 5

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 5 years ago
This was good

Rose is really mad at him though? Why? What did he do except react tp her cheating. She cheated and caused everything after to happen. She should beg for forgiveness. She is in menopause and he is insecure because of her action. What man would not be insecure after receiving that video

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
This is your normal lovable cuckold story

Your another of the “no matter what she does writers”. She could fuck everyone in Kansas and she’d be forgiven.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Emotional intensity

Thank god for Jason and Lisa being in Troy’s corner, stopping the video tweet. What a blast of napalm that would have been - even more destructive than Cam’s email - certainly more collateral damage.

Good people making bad decisions. Except for Dan. Ultimately he was the only truly unsympathetic character. Orchestrating the debacle, throwing a hand grenade into the lives of Troy, Rose, and even Cam, he injured a lot of people, and permanently scarred three - yes, even Cam - he was a firecracker waiting to go off, but Dan lit the fuse.

Moving and redemptive story, with a profound emotional intensity. Poignant, but ultimately satisfyingly hopeful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great writing a real life story

Some great writing done forming the characters and story line. We all make mistakes .hers cost her a hysterectomy . You say no pain at 30 ,she has other issues to deal with .losing her women function with no more children , menopause ,her life will never be the same. She give up a job over his insecurity . So can she still have a good marriage?.she is sacrificing a lot. If she was really in love with him she never would have had sex with the football player. But both were set up by his boss .no real way to go forward unless he can get over his insecurities ,she should not have given up her job. .so many issues. Wow .those annoy with negative comments are real a-holes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
sorry but hell No

Completely blames him his family and hers both sell him out or blame him not knowing all the facts and then they guilt trip HIM about his son, as does she. Threaten to release the video if she doesnt grant custody to him as an unfit and unemployable mother and fuck those telling him he's wrong. They are selling him out anyway, and shes a joke. twists things so HE is at fault or the bad guy for not taking her shit. Been better off if she died from the infection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
about the real reasons for the husband insecurites

Some anonymous post made a very insightful point about the real reasons for the husbands Emotional or psychological insecurity. Rose LIED about Why she had to take a 2 week break after he 1st proposed marriage to make up her mind. Of course the husband did not know the reasons why she took that 2 week break but even when she came back and finally said yes... She flat out lied about the whole reason and purpose regarding the 2 week break.

THAT Deception and unexplained activities by the wife is what undermined the husband and Gave rise to his insecurities. It had nothing to do with the wife's beauty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
2 stars

Oh my fucking God I have read some Crap before but this one is on top. She cheats and yet he is the bad guy. I is just a bag full of Crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked the story...

But damn, there were words missing, lots of them, and that stopped the easy reading flow, made me have to back up and reread the para, or section, just to make sure what you were trying to write, a few times.

Lots of typos.

Don't you spell check and then edit, proof your work thoroughly, before you post it? If you have editors here, find new, who catch most of these, then, when they get done you still need to proof your work again real well, before you post it here!

I will admit...I write a lot, and cuss the hell out of my ignorant fucking spell check, that auto corrects words I spell right, then replaces them with words spelled wrong. I have to watch it like a hawk, as I write!

Even had the fucking thing replace whole sentences, or most of, and replace it with other bullshit, completely alien to the subject at hand! I cuss that stupid fucking spell check, all the time! I have went into system prefs/settings of the software program and deleted tons misspelled words in there, but it still replaces rightly spelled words, with misspelled! I've turned off auto correction and auto replacement features, but the pesky thing still does it!

So, don't trust your spell check system, to catch most of your errors, or even half of them, or missing words, because it won't! That is best left up to you...and a few real good editors on this site, if you can get them to carefully go over your work!

I really did like this story though! Gave it 4 stars!

Glad to read, the main couple, Troy and Rose, overcame wading through some very insurmountable odds stacked against them, and you let them still win, by the end of the story, and they stayed together in love!

Glad to read they made a good loving home for their little boy, with both his original real Mom and Dad in it with the little guy, to love and guide him, as he grew up! I really like a story ending, like this!

Great story ending, tying up the loose ends in the plot! Good story...really liked it!

Thank you author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I wouldn't have taken her back

I know the argument could be made that by not taking her back Cam would have "won" and everything, but that's a big time betrayal on her part. I for sure wouldn't have anyone trying to make me feel guilty about it. She's the one that threw it all away. She even owns up to everything in the story. She knew what she was doing. Well you know what, now you can do whatever you want with whoever you want whenever you want. See ya.

SKHPSKHPalmost 5 years ago
The rating is far too low

This fine story deserves better. But it seems that the BTB-crowd nowadays dominates this category...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@hotprof1973 Re: BBC

While you intent may have been to soften the trope by having him be her ex-boyfriend, and even apologizing after, you failed. BBC is simply used too often here to EVER be used except in a racist manner, end of story.

Ideally, don't describe him at all! You didn't when he was first introduced, you should have left it that way. If for whatever reason you felt he HAD to be black (though I can't think of any!), then give him a normal-sized cock; If the cock had to be big, then make him white; and in the name of all that's holy, if husband and wife don't do anal, don't have them do anal!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
It’s Funny The Lengths Some Will Go To To Find Blane On The Woman

Troy at the start of the story and throughout admits to the reader that he has always had major insecurities that he has masked with a sense of humor. Then the two people that know him best and longest, his brother and brothers wife confirm this fact. That he has a lot of insecurities, but they were mostly reduced with the the confidence Rose gave him. I guess beating the readers over the head with fact wasn’t enough fir some misogynist losers who blame Rose for Troy’s insecurities. Their brains must still somehow skip over information unaligned with their prejudices.

As far as her going to Las Vegas for two weeks to decide. She had to make a major life choice. For a long time her goal was to get into modeling. And she knew because of Troy’s insecurities she would have to give up that dream. One of the admirable things about Rose was she made major decisions logically and then stuck to them (unless new major information gave her reason to change her thinking).

But for these losers instead of her getting credit for giving up her dream for the man she loves, and being wise and perceptible enough at a young age to recognize Troy’s vulnerability she gets gets blame and suspicion for her actions.

For a while I’ve thought many men that read and comment on LW stories are simply broken men who women never had much interest in so they hate women now. I’m starting to think some of them have Paranoid Personality Disorders in top of everything else.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 5 years ago
Characters

That grow and do human things without being Navy Seals, double nought spies, cold blooded tycoons or cream pie queef eaters are rare here. I don't really like these characters but I do feel I know them. Troy comes on the radio a couple times a year when I am listening to sports talk radio. Rose is the hottie next door I watch weed her garden. Cam is one of the jocks that plays in the fundraiser every June at the golf course.

These people all did some things wrong and it went sideways in a hurry thanks to evil Dan. There is a place for RAACs and this could be one of them. Had he gone full on burn Brown County to the ground it would not seem all that out of place. Either way I was going to give it 5 stars. Go Pack Go!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Tough to read.

Wife was an entitled bitch. Just because she was pretty she forced the husband to bend to her will. Look just because your a cheerleader does not mean you are a model. There are hundreds of nfl cheerleaders and next to none of them are true models. They may get some home town gigs for car dealers and such but professional models like at the Ford agency no way. Plus she has huge tits so how many top models do...next to none! So her giving up her modeling career is bullshit. The chick was a big fish in a little pond and was working that for all she was worth. Let's not even bother talking about she was a mudshark and never told hubby about it or her relationship with the loudmouth, asshole, ball player! Hubby should dump this pathetic person and go find someone with her head on straight not some entitled, selfish, mudshark!

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
I gave it 5

But there are a couple of things that felt off...

1) who the fuck is Dylan? For several paragraphs that seemed to be his son's name.

2) I agree with one of the anonymous comments regarding Rose's motivation.

They had a very close, loving relationship. There was no history of serious issues. Yes, she was mad. That does not seem enough motivation to willingly disrespect her marriage, husband and family, risk throwing everything away to fuck an ex who want all that good anyway. She could not have unprotected sex, forcing her husband into a vasectomy. Yet, she allows it. She denies anal to her husband, yet she allowed it. And on top of it all, she called him "babe" which never got addressed.

So, i dont see her motivation, unless she just wanted to do it. Then it makes sense. There was not enough "anger" to make her do it.

I get all the stuff she said after was from denial, guilt, remorse, anger, fear, etc. I found all of that believable. I just dont see why she cheated.

Again, 5 stars and IMHO your best story.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A well written tale

You did an excellent job, nothing really felt too contrived.

Writing a reconciliation story is harder than writing a BTB or cuck story. In both of those cases, it can just ride on the emotions that people take for granted. In this, you have to make it believable that things can be gotten past.

I live in the BTB world, it reflects my needs. I am not comfortable with reconciliation stories, I'm sure you know why.

But you sold me on this one, I appreciate it. Even if I still feel the regret. Obviously, your protagonist is a better men than me.

Thanks for this fine tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
nobody to like here

Jock is an ego and a temper overkill problem.

Wife is a cheating slut willing to have lethal sex.

Husband has an insecurity problem, takes it out on players with his column and is a hypocritical ass.

Boss made me laugh. Dumbest mastermind ever.

Nothing but pity for the kid with shitty parents who put their issues first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
.??

Could not make up my mind, good,bad, great. I am not sure what that even means, but keep writing.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Took

Took so long to actually start, got tired of waiting. Managed 2 pages then it went from college yawn to pathetic football player. Boredom set in when something actually started to happen. But too silly too late.

These pages could have been done in 2 paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Simply wonderful

Absolutely five stars!

Thank you for all the time and effort you spent to create this masterpiece.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Five stars for your usual excellent insight and analysis. Compelling, thought provoking, and entertaining. Hated the reconciliation, she doesn't even deserve him

That's what sad about being betrayed by your wife, if you were a good couple and she is attractive. You get the horrid choice of either letting the grievous insult slide, or face the odds of a lonelier life as the cost of keeping your value system intact. I think the same is true for women, if her betrayer is attractive and their sex was good.

I talk a lot of harsh crap here, but in real life I am a hopeless romantic. But most reconciliation here in the pages of LW is neither earned by the offender, nor fair recompense for the offended.

There has to be a fundamental change in the offending spouse, sort of a come to religion abrupt rejection of erroneous mentally and behaviors that led to the betrayal.Only then can the offended have reasonable hope they won't be wronged again

But even then, how the hell could the betrayed ever be made anywhere near whole for their pain, the loss of their ability to love with joyous abandon, and their doubts?

Also the offender will suffer because if they have truly changed their mentality and perspective, they have to live with knowing how much damage they caused.

Thanks again for a fine story oh Hot one!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
didn't work for me.

First of all why would she have sex with someone just because hubby doesn't attend this event? I understand what she was told by Dan but still be angry, scream any him, give silent treatment, but to have sex? And also if her past sex with Cam was so lackluster why would she choose to have sex with him as revenge? She would know he would do anal and she doesn't like it and she knows the risk to her health. She didn't know what plan b pill would do so I give her that mistake. But if not for that mistake I think she never would have told.

As fo the two weeks to decide if marriage is what you want then in my case she would be gone. Offer withdrawn. It is a yes or no question not a " I'll think about it".

Any wife that cheats for revenge out of anger that quickly in my opinion does not get another chance. He was not abusive nor was he celibate so why cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Actually

They deserve each other...neither is playing with a full deck. Took two weeks to answer his marriage proposal??? I would have returned the ring. That should have been his first warning flag. What she did was on purpose and to hurt him. Wow...and he took her back? Even if he was insecure...her treating him that way only shows that it is all about her! It was a good story and obviously I read it all. 4 Stars from me. Thanks for the story and please keep writing in the LW section.

"Buckeye Fan"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Five stars no questions.

This story really got me thinking. I once cheated on my wife. So i can see the pain and hurt they both felt. The troubles, anger and fear are real things that can and alot of times destroy a marriage. The way they handle it took courage and real love to take the steps to returning to each other. I truly love this story. The sex was fine, but the love made it more. Please keep up the great writing. I look forward to seeing more of your work

tazz317tazz317almost 5 years ago
SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO SELF CONFIDENCE IN THEMSELVES

which drags down the ones who love and care about them, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Should

He should have ignored his brother and sent the video,his wife knew what she was doing.Plus he should have put Dan in hospital

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 5 years ago
Deserves a Higher Rating

But you won't get it here on LW with a RAAC ending. Well written, interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Interesting Better Story

Although a more "classy" set of parents with better than average jobs and circumstances, this is close to a real life situation where the explosion in the marriage was caused by an external person and phenomenon.

Sometimes happy endings are better than alternatives. Good job!

T.T.

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
To think I almost skipped this story

but I am very glad I didnt. That was a complete story, giving insight into both parties thoughts and feelings, motivations for what they did or didnt do. Lots of dramatic tension. Bravo and 5 stars.

KayaknhKayaknhover 4 years ago
Oh my god that sucked.....

Cunt cheats. In a big way. And keeps blaming him. And he accepts that.

Dump the barren ungrateful bitch.

Hurt Dan.

And a bat to baxters knees so he is wheelchair bound.

Then go after Petunia.

And lastly cauze the wife physical pain

Jail time as a result. I'll take and sleep every night the sleep of the just.

But I would never ever ever take the whore back.

God what a shitty ending.

cpetecpeteover 4 years ago
One of profs best

It is very difficult to write a tale where the couples get back together after the wifes affair, however the author may have pulled off the rare RAAC . 5* easy and look forward to more from him

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry

Though well-written, I cannot enjoy a story, as so many of them are here, where the wife cheats because she's angry over one incident, no matter how important the event is to her. Same goes when the wife believes a story from a third party, again, as she did here (too many stories with the wife believing the husband's best friend's story that hubby was cheating, when the "friend" only wanted to get into her pants). These circumstances do not deserve the gift of reconciliation.

Why? If you are married that long and you know your husband's character so little that you believe the story someone else is telling you about him, and you get angry and cheat because of it, then you don't deserve him, no matter the circumstances. I realize I am drawing quite the line in the sand, but, though I am a woman, I relate to the male characters who, when the cheating is thrown in their face in such a callous way, say "Sayonara!" A woman who throws away so easily the years-long love, care, hard work, commitment, and fidelity of her husband does not deserve a second chance.

I also agree with oldbearswitch on the subject of reconciliation. It is rarely, if ever, depicted accurately here. It takes a good four years for a marriage to resettle, usually in an entirely new place, and even then it is not necessarily one that either party is really happy with. (Reconciliation here is too-often depicted as another LW fairy-tale-like device, like the powerful friend with contacts who will do in the lover for you, the personal wealth that you conceal in an overseas bank account, the old lover whom you just happen to stumble upon after the divorce, or the hot young thing who sees the real worth of your middle-aged ass (StangStar06 excepted).

What ordinarily happens is that the cheater, who has often coasted through life and been forgiven too easily in the past, is simply unable to, does not have the character, can never begin to understand, the crimes they have perpetrated on their spouse, and often doesn't really want to, to do the hard work of repairing their marriage. I'm thinking that maybe they are just born that way, selfish and narcissistic, without the empathy gene, and then given a pass in life because they are beautiful women who have men falling all over themselves to get near them. (I have noted this is also a not-uncommon theme among male authors: forgiving a wife who is just so fucking beautiful, that you want to be the one to walk into the room with her and have all the other men jealous of you.)

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Tough road back

By then end there was so much pain that I'm not sure they could have pulled it back together.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Interesting and worth reading

Definitely a lot of twists and not how I figured it would end. The way it was set I thought it would end with her death from being pregnant which it almost did. Overall nicely written, good dialogue and characters especially the minor characters surrounding the MCs. I don’t think the creation and character(?) of minor characters gets as much credit for writers as it should as it helps make and break a story.

So do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Breathless, Trailer-Trash Homosexual Writes Fantasyland Interracial Garbage

This author has mental health issues, and they are not going away.

wet4hotstorywet4hotstoryover 4 years ago
Isn’t it curious...

Notice almost all the comments from writers- including some longtime submitters here are praising this as on of hotprof’s best works and very well written. All the negative comments are from anon’s or non-writers. Seriously, saying hotprof has no talent completely kills any credibility of any of your other statements. For those questioning Rose’s motivation to cheat - she was a little drunk and hanging around an ex who she obviously still liked and made a mistake. If it was a guy who got drunk and cheated, it would be accepted as a mistake. However, ppl here are looking for the deeper reason or blaming ‘the slut-ray’. People make mistakes and I think that’s what’s going on here. Read enough of prof’s work, he is deeper than the average writer here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Some problems I see is first off couples usually discuss their past and unless it was very tame for either there will most likely be lying or withholding of some truth. My first questions would’ve been if she hooked up with any players and how many partners did she have. She also defended the guy when her husband was doing his job with the article still keeping the secret that she use to fuck him . Also came out it was just before decided to quite cheer and be with him so she did have a back and forth decision to make between the two without her future husband knowing . Then she fucks the guy who she knows is pissed at her husband and they both know it but her chucked hubby doesn’t. Knowing that he always fucked her ass but she never let her husband is also a kick in the balls. He had to watch and see her get fucked and than find out he was set up by him and his boss. On top of all that she almost died because of her actions and it was her selfish acts never thinking about her baby or marriage. Him fucking the girl my not be right but after seeing that and her fucking a former secret lover thinking his marriage is done , I feel he had every right and he still had to be piss drunk to do it . I’d never trust her again and wonder how many guys she fucked and which athletes she might of fucked. It would be way to much on my mind. I wouldn’t have sent the video to everyone but her family for sure and if the bitter divorce went through than everyone. The boss and the player would’ve had major lawsuits and articles about them targeting him for doing his job .

I do think this was a good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really Bad

Bad dialogue

Bad plot

Unbelievable story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Normally I like your stuff…

I think your tone is a little off for the reconciliation. She cheated on him with her old boyfriend and he’s begging to get her back. That shit don’t fly, regardless of his actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
bad plot

you should stop writing stories. cause it sucks. This is why faithful people are now rare because writers romanticize cheaters.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Not as bad as some believed

My primary comment is that after Rose delivered their child, the doctor’s assessment was BS. Her complications were severe enough that her husband should have a vasectomy? What if she later divorced? Too dangerous to tie her tubes? Ridiculous and stupid.

A legitimate OB/GYN would have removed her uterus, preventing any chance of accidental pregnancy endangering her life. Regardless of her age! Exactly as did they later. The uterus doesn’t deliver hormones - that’s her ovaries. The uterus doesn’t provide lubrication - that’s her cervix.

Why do I know this? Because my wife, after deciding no more kids; and very heavy, painful periods; opted for a supra-cervical hysterectomy. All they do, is remove the uterus. No more bleeding and no threat of pregnancy. Everything else continues working as before. Plenty of lubrication, and no need for estrogen therapy (until menopause, which isn’t unusual).

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years agoAuthor
To whogivesashit

Hi, glad you think its not as bad as ppl think. However, as I mentioned, while the character is not based on my wife, her medical condition is - and after our last child’s birth, after meeting with the specialist, we were given those options- a snip for me or abstinence. Any surgery- even a hysterectomy - had a small risk of being fatal, whereas my getting snipped (which is reversible) posed no risk. The complications with the abortion pill was also based on what we were warned could happened. So, there was a legitimate risk the wife in this story could’ve died.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sloppy writing

Who is Dylan?

Cliche ridden. Go get drunk and then get counseling. All better now?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Harsh

Lot of criticism here but I found the story quite believable. I gave it a 4 just because I don't give 5s.

I hope the author keeps writing.

To the harshest critics here, I say let's see you do better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
she chose to cheat, end of discussion, doesnt matter why, she left her marriage

2* why should he go running to the hospital as she chose the events that led her to be there, the mother in law needed to be sued for her actions

desertdog43desertdog43over 4 years ago
My Ex was a serial cheater.

Years after a very bad divorce her sister called me and said the witch (my pet name for my ex) has had an heart attack and I should know.

I asked is she dead ? No sis answered, well yer wrong I don't need to know....bye...

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
Agree With Tarheel Dreamer

Well, mostly agree with the Carolina Dreamer. Except that ‘to lie’ and ‘to lay’ are TWO verbs which are related (but with their differences) in many usages (unrelated in cases like ’lie‘ as prevaricate and ’lay’ as fucking.) It would have been less painful if they were not screwed up so frequently in this tale. Which I, in general, thought was certainly worth reading!

4*

P.S. There are NO surgeries which are absent SOME risk of unexpected damage, including death.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
I don't know hotprof

You are like a Jekyll and Hyde writer. Some of your stories are great, some aren't. It's like a far left - far right sort of thing. Mood swings?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What ??

I would have sued the paper .. Dan used power as Boss to Screw up a Marriage ..

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Good Story

Not a writer and not anonymous I think it was one of your best. I don't like RAAC but I think they both forgave sins against the other. Dan suddenly flexing his authority against Troy without more immediate pushback was odd. Troy should have sued Dan or at least gone after him physically later. He still this all up and gets to quietly retire. Baxter gets to retire when they thought he was already gonna get cut. Neither of them really LOST anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To the curb!

The title says it all. In real life divorce would be the only suitable result. There is no possible excuse, drunk or sober, mad or not. To the curb.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Tough call.

Yea or nay? The idea that Troy is somehow guilty of some nonsense in the way he acted after seeing the video is quite the leap in the suspension of disbelief. But hey, the idiot was in love with her. Enough to accept her cheating anyway.

Very well written and interesting storyline, but in the end I had no respect for either. Rose received some heavy duty karma as a result of her infidelity, but I didn't like her character anyway so I didn't care. And Troy?

The woman he married returned with permanent life changing health issues. The option for more children was taken away from him because of her selfishness. I wonder if he would have taken her back if it had been herpes? The STD that keeps on giving with random flair ups the rest of someone's entire life.

Isn't love grand?

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
I forgot....

5 stars all the way. Loved the story. One of my personal favorites from the very talented and creative mind of hotprof1973.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
stupid cuck

so let me get this right

he needs to apologize to HER because she is upset with him for being so upset that she is a lying cheating cum dump?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why

Why was he the one fighting for their marriage instead of the whore. I enjoyed the beginning but you made me hate it, way to ruin the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhotprof1973@hotprof1973
1262 Followers
Just to confirm what ppl have been asking: yes "One Last Bet," is my final submission here, which I decided before submitting it. In my life & writing career, it's time to move on from this genre of writing. Other than my dreaded 2nd and 3rd stories (which I know many people ...

SIMILAR Stories