Rosie's Ballad

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unfortunately, being a virgin until 9 hours ago, Liv didn't know this, and she did meet her sister in the kitchen when she entered, truly believing that she wouldn't be able to tell.

"Hiya," Dani's voice had a similar impact on everyone. It was soothing and calm, even when she was beginning to have concerns about the well-being of her little sister.

"Hey,"

"You look shattered,"

"I'm a bit tired,"

"Long night?"

"Me and Tommy were out 'til late,"

Dani glared at her, but Liv didn't register it. She was pretty sleepy, and her eyes were still slightly blurry and half shut.

"He kept you up?"

"He's difficult to sleep next to,"

"Have you considered moving back into your own room?"

"And back down? No chance,"

That made Dani smirk a little, if only briefly. For a second she almost forgot that she was concerned.

"I'm gonna put on coffee, you want one?"

"I'm good, I'm gonna bring Rosie down in a sec and feed her. Hey, if you wanna go back to bed I'll make your coffees and you can send Tommy down to get them, as punishment for keeping you up." She'd phrased it as a suggestion, but she couldn't keep the harshness she felt fully out of her voice.

As fortune would have it, Liv didn't notice that either.

Liv laughed dryly, "Yeah I think I will, thanks Dan,".

"Anything for my lovely baby sister,"

Normally Liv would have responded to that with an insult or a dismissive comment, but she was tired, and in an exceptionally good mood, so she said nothing. Dani was almost seething as she filled the kettle and flicked it on.

Liv had already left the room.

——-

I heard Liv open the door and come in. I assumed it was Liv, because she locked the door and, not too long later, was back under the sheets with her lips all over my face.

"Dani says she's making coffee, so you can go fetch them,"

I knew she hadn't been gone long enough to have made them.

"I'll go down in a sec, you want it up here?"

"Yeah, I'm still sleepy,"

Fair enough.

"Last night was amazing, Tommy,"

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself,"

"I really did. Did you?"

"Yeah, I really did,"

"Am I good?"

"You're certainly not disappointing,"

"Did, uh... Did she feel nice?"

That was the most ridiculous way I'd heard someone ask that question, even in shitty romance or porn. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah, 'she' did great,"

"Don't laugh at me! I just want to make you feel good, I don't need to be mocked!"

I stifled my laughter a little, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it was funny. Really, you were great. Promise,"

"Good. If I do good you'll want me again, yeah?"

"Again?"

"Like, in the future. Maybe now, maybe later, maybe right now, but you'll want to do it again if I do it good, won't you?"

"I mean, yeah, I guess so. It's weird to hear it phrased, kind of, but I guess that's how it works, yeah."

"Nice. Now go fetch my coffee, please,"

So I did.

I got up, I put on a pair of joggers and a t-shirt, unlocked the door, and made my way downstairs. I hadn't been long enough for the kettle to have even finished boiling, but if I had then just taking the coffees from Dani would've been pretty rude. It gave me some time to talk to her.

The kitchen door was open, so I walked in.

"Morning,"

"Morning, Tom,"

She didn't use that name a lot. That was weird.

The kettle flicked off, and she was silent while it settled, and when it had done she poured the water into both of the mugs she'd gotten out.

Then she spoke.

"Liv's acting weird, care to tell me what that's about?"

"Weird? I don't know, I didn't know she was,"

She sighed, sounding slightly defeated.

"I know what women look like after sex, Tom."

Shit.

"Tell me you're not fucking my sister,"

"I'm not," she glared at me, I knew she didn't believe me. "I'm not, Dani,"

"You'd better not be. She's a fragile girl. And you've already got one that loves you,"

"I know, Dani. I'm not having sex with Liv, that's..."

"I- Look, I'm pretty liberal, Tommy, but that's too far."

I never was a spectacular liar.

"Dani-"

"If she was more stable I might be able to make peace with it if not condone it, but she's vulnerable and I don't like-"

"Dani! I'm not doing anything with our sister. She's our sister, that's a no go zone even if I wanted to,"

"Yeah, yeah. Hands off, alright?"

"Yes ma'am,"

She paused, "I love you, Tommy, and I love Liv. I want you both to be happy, but I want you both happy in a healthy way. She's not ready for that, she's had a hard couple of years, Tommy, she's still figuring some things out. She's been through some shit you weren't here for, and part of it is because you weren't here; she's loved you as hard as I've ever known anyone to love from the moment she could see. You have a responsibility to protect her no matter what she says to you. You're both adults now, whatever, but there's lines to be drawn even if neither of you can see them. That's all. I'm dropping it now and so are you."

I couldn't respond to that. She was probably right, I should've been more careful, or better yet not given in at all. I'd fucked up badly, and apparently that was obvious from where she was sitting.

"Your coffee's on the side,"

She walked out. I'd not seen Dani angry for several years, but she was seething this morning. Had she heard us? Had Liv said something? Had she gotten paranoid in my absence, and began to assume the worst of our sharing a room? She said she could tell Liv had had sex, but was that true? Was she imagining it to reinforce what she already assumed? Whatever the reason, she knew. She knew, and she didn't believe my denial.

I picked up both mugs by their handles, precariously in the same hand and left the kitchen. The house felt empty and quiet, and I felt cold. Dani was angry with me, I couldn't be around my mother, my dad was missing, and Liv was...

What was Liv to me now?

I loved her, that much I knew, but she was also my greatest source of inward shame, which made her a difficult one to be around if I thought too hard.

Still, it could be worse.

I made my way up the stairs in silence.

Liv and I had sex twice that day, and again on Wednesday morning. She'd left several marks on me, mainly bite marks and raised welts where she'd dragged her nails across my back.

On Wednesday morning, not too long after Liv and I had gotten done I got a text that sent my head spiralling once again. I'd almost forgotten that Hannah was still not talking to me, but now she wanted to.

-g's out today.

-come over as soon as you get this.

-ill be there soon x

-x

Wonderful. I took solace in the fact that she wanted to talk at least, and so soon after wanting to take some time away.

I didn't say much to Liv, just that I had to go and didn't know when I'd be back.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This story is not finished, unfortunately. There's more of it written than this but its mostly just fragmented scene that I have yet to connect properly, but I haven't had chance (or any real desire, if I'm honest) to do it for the past several months, nearing a year at this point, and that's not much longer ago than when I started.

I know what will happen, so it will come about -of that I'm sure- but when is a different question. I would obviously appreciate feedback - if you liked it, let me know; if you hated it, let me know why! The whole thing is still a work in progress, actually. Anyway, all this to say:

That's All For Now, Folks

1...345678