All Comments on 'Scales and Beauties Ch. 01'

by SerpentsEntrance

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Hmm

Interesting start. As a bit of notation for the chapter, I'd say that you have possibly a excessive amount of female attention towards your male character right out the gate. Especially with how you have him emoting. He seems to lack experience and self-confidence, and more than anything, I'm struggling with why he happens to have bothered to come to this city. One apparently well known enough for having a regent that seeks to make pets of and then supposedly dispose of demihumans.

I suppose with the introduction being brief that will come later, its just feels a bit rough that we don't really know the guy yet. Yet he has a female friend that was assisting him with the use of a disguise cloak while inside the city. An ally whose fate we do not know, nor has the MC thought about to us. In addition, there is also an armored guard that fancies this unknown prisoner, and they have supposedly lied (directly or indirectly) to the regent himself, expressing to this stranger their treasonous dissent (warranted or not). And now, we've got 3 princesses that we would be led to believe are likely to become "interests" for our MC. Really feels overloading on the characters so quickly without having the background on him that would justify it yet. He's got magic (maybe?) but doesn't know anything about how to use it, and he's got the strength of a snek of his size.

All and all, a fascinating start, just a bit of a pacing issue, imo. (Though take any criticism I give with a grain of salt, as my own records reveal I'm not exactly an accomplished nor even recent writer.) You do you boo. Just thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

Looking forward to more, hope you keep at it. Writing can be quite enjoyable. Take your time and write on your own schedule. Be well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

oh worm?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSerpentsEntrance@SerpentsEntrance
Just an ordinary person who has a few kinks. I'm one stay just here to relieve them in story, and spread my ideas out to others.