Scarlet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That is, if you want me around. After you get better." Karen's unsure statement was more question than anything.

Wolfe smiled at her. How could she not want Karen around after what Karen had done for her under those horrible conditions? Neither of them would likely have survived without the other. Karen would have been suicidally mindless if Wolfe had not accidentally walked in. Broken beyond saving. Beyond living. Wolfe would have been raped, maybe murdered, if Karen hadn't had the courage and intelligence to save them both. No, as long as Karen wanted or needed her, Wolfe would be there. In life. In love. In friendship. In whatever way Karen would allow and accept.

At Wolfe's smile, Karen blushed like a schoolgirl caught staring at her first crush. Eyes brimming, she cleared her throat before beginning to talk again.

"Anyway, the first contractor I brought in rattled off some things I didn't understand. When I asked him to explain he got all technical on me then told me not to worry. I tossed him out and called another firm. They sent someone they promised would talk to me and explain anything I didn't understand. He brought an architectural and design team with him. We went into the conference room and talked about some ideas I had. It was very professional of them. I hired them. They'll come up with plans and permits and things in a couple of days. Expensive, but I think it's worth it.

"He recommended that I do some reading to understand the process better. I think he meant self help books, but I signed up for some online architecture and engineering classes yesterday. I hate feeling, and being treated, like an idiot female. The only cure for that is knowledge."

Wolfe agreed with her. The desires which drove Karen were clearly understandable. No dominant liked to be helpless or vulnerable.

"As far as GreenWood is concerned, Lainey says she does as much as she can, but I really need an assistant. As do you when you come back. The problem is there just isn't anyone out there with the qualifications who can be trusted. Or, who won't freak out at what they discover."

"I know. I looked for years and found no one. You fell into my lap totally unexpected. I didn't even see it. Now look at you. Acting CEO and everything."

"Yes, well, I'm not the CEO. You are. What I don't get is why everyone thinks it's ok for me to do this. I have zero experience. I've never had a job. Ever! Yet, no one has said anything. Not even the bank. They sent someone over with a card for me to sign. Viola! Just like that I can sign, as far as I can tell, checks for millions of dollars to anyone and they're good. I'm a nobody who just took over. No one seems to care. Scary."

"You are not a 'nobody' to them. Or me. I was there, remember? They absolutely trust that you will protect them and theirs. So do I. Which means no one will stop you. Unless you screw up. So, don't screw up."

"I need you to help me not do that." Karen caressed Wolfe's arm again. She enjoyed touching Wolfe. It was obvious that Wolfe also enjoyed it when Karen showed her affection. Somehow it affirmed a bond between them. Not sexual, but a solid bond nonetheless.

"Don't worry. I will." Wolfe wiggled her fingers once more.

"None of the Dominus has done much except watch. Marcus is revamping security. He wouldn't be my first choice for head of security, I just don't know if I trust him or not. But, he was the one you chose when you needed someone, so I'm sticking with him for now.

"We're working on doing a better job at checking the backgrounds of potential members. Somehow, someone screwed up and I do not want to repeat that. Not on my watch, thank you very much!

"Security on duty that night says that they were lured away by a false message of an emergency. We're looking into that. I suspect that someone in main control is the culprit."

"You'll get there. It will take some time, but you will fix the gaps and make everything better. Safer. I trust you to do the right thing. The correct thing." Wolfe was firm in her assurances.

Karen laughed a little snort at the black humor of it all.

"Yeah, like I'm so invisible that nothing bad ever happens to me. Oh no. Not me. I'm the crazy woman who wears fabulous one-off designer clothes, priceless jewels and rides around in a limo while obviously guarded by two hulking brutes everywhere I go. Even to the hospital. Just to keep the not so hypothetical wacko's away."

Karen pointed to the two men who stood in the hallway blocking the door to Wolfe's private room and sighed.

"There are no words to describe it. I have zero freedom of movement. My social interactions are nil. People run away when they see them with me. Do you know how embarrassing it is to stand there having to pee while they clear the women's restroom of everybody before I can go in? In the office? I even heard them making plans on how, and where, to do a pat down search of the people I have appointments with. I put my foot down about that one.

After a short while longer Karen noticed that Wolfe was struggling to keep from nodding off. The recovery from her surgeries to repair her arm and shoulder was still making her sleepy.

"Listen, I need to go. You need to rest so you can recover. I'll come by tomorrow for another short visit again. We'll talk about how soon you can come back."

"Oh, I'll be back in the next week or two. After this little vacation I'm having is finished."

"Vacation? This isn't a vacation. You get healed up and I'll show you what a real vacation feels like. Barbados. Or CanCun. Or maybe both."

"Really? How, exactly, will you do that?"

Karen stood up from the bed. Leaning over she gave Wolfe a soft kiss on her cheek.

"You should know, first, that I revere and adore you for yourself. You are beautiful. You are competent and successful. You are everything I ever dreamed I wanted to be.

"You are also my heroine. You saved my life and sanity at the risk of your own. We both know that it was a very close thing for either of us. I am so very grateful for all you've done for me before, during and after, even though you didn't need to do anything. Because of this there is nothing I would not give you for the asking.

"But you, being you, will not ask. Nor will you accept what is offered freely to you though it harms you to not accept. I cannot let you harm yourself further. I will not."

Karen straightened. Her voice, taking on a richer timbre, swelled with power. At her gesture the two men who guarded the door stepped just inside the private room. They remained silent but attentive. A tiny click as a recorder was activated was the only sound before she began to speak again.

"Henceforth, Domna Maria Arraceli Wolfe, you are required, ordered, and directed to take a minimum of eight weeks of personal leave time per calendar year for yourself at any location, except Scarlet or your permanent residence, at such time in such manner as required by Scarlet to ensure and maintain your health and well being. This is now and forevermore a non-severable part of your individual service to Scarlet. Scarlet will guarantee that this condition is fulfilled by ensuring that you are conveyed in an appropriate manner, to an appropriate location, for the appropriate period of time, before being safely returned afterward. By as much force as is necessary if such force is so required by your refusal to obey."

Wolfe opened her mouth but Karen swiftly bent to silence her with a gentle finger on her lips.

"By remaining in service to Scarlet, you hereby permanently and irrevocably consent to the use of such force as is necessary to fulfill this covenant. These conditions will prevail. They cannot be rescinded so long as you choose to remain in service to Scarlet.

"To ensure that all will know of this directive; all current members and all future members are required to read this directive in the permanent records. They will heed the warning given here or risk my wrath. Warning! Scarlet will not tolerate interference with this directive from within or without. Scarlet is serious in her intent to protect the health and well being of Maria Arraceli Wolfe. To protect her interests therein, Scarlet will act without regard to cost or risk of public exposure. To the absolute limits of Scarlet. End of Warning!

"These two members here with us today are of Master rank or above and will witness that these are my words to you and to verify that these words are to be written into the permanent records of Scarlet. Do you understand all that has been said here today?" Karen waited for a response.

"Well, that was a mouthful. Did you write it all out by yourself and practice it?"

"Do you understand?" Karen forcefully repeated her earlier question, ignoring Wolfe's attempt to deflect the issue. "If you refuse to answer, I have the power and authority to order that your response is that you understand and accept the covenant. You know I do."

Wolfe sighed then nodded. She knew Karen had all the cards in this hand. She also knew it was better to accept with grace than argue a lost cause.

Karen raised her arms, stretching them to their fullest extent to each side while tipping her head slightly back.

"I am Domna Karen Harper.

"In this place;

"At this time;

"My words are law.

"You will hear and obey.

Wolfe's soft "Yes Domna" was clear and even managed to sound amused as it blended with the two heavier voices of Karen's escort. Karen dropped her arms to her sides when the trio of voices finished.

"This proceeding is final pending only the permanent recording of my words."

There was another click as the recorder was turned off before Karen bent and adjusted the drinking straw for Wolfe.

"You need to drink more. You're lips and skin are very dry, which tells me that you are dehydrated. If you would prefer something other than plain water, please ask. Ok?"

Wolfe nodded.

"Rest. I will see you tomorrow." Karen spoke tenderly.

Wolfe smiled up at her. "Don't fuss. I'll be here."

"Good, because you have a lot to teach me. Besides, it looks bad when a woman chases another woman around."

Karen pointed her finger again. "And I would chase you until I caught you. My Word and Seal. As Scarlet."