All Comments on 'Scooby Doo, Velma is Kissing Who?'

by Norway_1705

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

As a Scooby-Doo fan from the earliest original episodes (I lived for Saturday morning cartoons in the late 60s and 70s!), I always liked Velma best because of her smarts, but I had no idea what was hiding under that orange sweater and that short skirt or just how smart she really was! This was hilariously eye-opening and pretty hot, too. There are quite a few minor English issues but considering that English is a second language for Norway_1705, they're easy to skim over due to the frequent chuckles as Velma outsmarts the boys again and enjoys her time with Daphne. Thanks for a fun read!

Norway_1705Norway_1705over 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you, Mr. SouthernCrossfire! Constructive comments are always very helpful!

Even as a child, I was always surprised to notice that Fred and Shaggy often slept in two separate beds, like two soldiers in barracks, while Daphne and Velma always slept in the same bed (as if this appeared normal to both the scriptwriters and the censors).

As a teenager, I was surprised to "understand" what the Vans (similar to the Mystery machine) were used for in the 1960s-70s, as also seen in the beautiful LEGO model; they were used to be able to "lie down" without violating the public peace.

I know there is a myriad of drawings and cosplayers who interpret the friendship between the two girls explicitly. I don't know if anyone ever thought that the monsters were invented by Velma for the specific purpose of driving Fred away. I thought it was a nice idea.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 1 year ago

SouthernCrossfire says it all! Thanks for your contribution to the event :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNorway_1705@Norway_1705
History teacher, and storyteller. Non-native English speaker. Married, father of a son, author of non-fiction books and articles for scientific journals. I am curious to read about the motivations and doubts of characters, their insecurities, and their weaknesses. Often in ...