All Comments on 'Separate Vacations'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 1,257 Comments (Page 8)
BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 5 years ago
Re-reading...again

Since qhml1 wrote kind of a "different universe" paean. I thought I'd re-read DQS's version again. This story is written extremely well, up to the Mrs Hamilton part enters the story. The reconciliation isn't the problem, it's the dialogue, the crappy, trite reasoning, Him forgetting/overlooking all of the evil things said and done to him is beyond the pale with me. I had mis-remembered (is that a word? it should be.) some of the story. Then there's the damn .38. It makes not one lick of sense. It adds nothing to the story. Could it be so subtle as to be a "Chekov's gun" reference somehow? Anyway that gun and the Jim Daniels reference bug me. Still, this is a brilliantly written piece of work despite my bitching about the ending.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 5 years ago
This Version Still Stands Up Well, Butt....

I just reread this again because I love the story and I read QHM1' s recent rewrite / revision which I have enjoyed immensely! I've concluded that I love both versions the way that Bruce loves Tiffany. I'm giving a small but very significant edge to QHM1's version because of the better plot development and the more thoroughly developed characters. Kudos to both authors!

Flar1958Flar1958almost 5 years ago
Read the story right

To Just Words

Steven is holding Kristan s hand and this is the daugther! Not Tiffany this is the wife!

If you write such a post reread before.

Otherwise secound read and 4 stars.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 5 years ago
I had

never read this story. Don't know how I missed it. Very good read. Thanks for sharing. 418,000 views? Wow.....

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Classic

So well written. Such a messed up relationship for so long- impossible to understand why they stayed together. She didn’t respect him, and he didn’t live up to her standards. Working at a Blockbuster, seriously? Amazing she stayed with him so long. But, I like happy endings so it deserves full marks.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago
@lordslamdawgg

"Well then the character of Tiffany is not the live and let live girl to share the game controller with you."

You actually make it sound like Tiffany is someone any normal guy would want to be with. She's controlling, materialistic, bitter, selfish, cruel, and vindictive... and that's just her charming personality! She was basically a complete cunt.

Most men don't care if a woman has money (just like Bruce). In fact, a woman having a high-flying career isn't attractive, it makes her a poor choice for a wife! A career businesswoman will be away from home on trips abroad, will have to put long hours in to meet deadlines, and will keep putting her career ahead of her husband.

The vast majority of men want a youthful, caring, fun-loving wife, none of which apply to Tiffany. Every year those two were separated, her value as a spouse goes down dramatically. She's getting older and saggier, is now twice divorced, her personality was getting even more caustic, and she's still obsessed with her ex-lover's big cock.

By contrast, Bruce's value as a potential husband goes up considerably. He's got himself a good career now and it's easy for a man with money to land a younger wife, especially when he's proven himself to be a good father.

Bruce should have told the demented bitch to go fuck herself, then got himself a nice broody younger second wife to start a new family. That's how the story would have ended in reality, with Tiffany ending up as a bitter old cat lady, because no man would put up with all her shit. Beauty fades, and when it does, you don't want to be stuck with a toxic shrew for a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hard to believe

The vitriol and sheer vindictiveness of her continuing insults, disdain, disrespect and out and out abusiveness is hard to believe and then Bruce still succumbs to her manipulation!!! Where is Bruce;s self respect? Submerged by his demeaning love for Tiffany? She only stops her descriptive calls while in the throes of sex with Stephen, when Bruce beats her lover to a pulp and scares the shit out of her.DQS1's stories are all about the bitch wife, a long suffering husband, a lover with a monster cock which the slut wife adores and then a partial redemption of the husband, pulling himself up by his boot straps! Awful plot but well written. 4*s.

eh9198eh9198over 4 years ago
Wonderful story!

5 stars. Absolutely Loved it. I will say, however, her abusiveness and constant emasculation was beyond the pale, even at the end. I just don’t see the reconciliation being earned enough. Still this was fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I gave it 5'SSS

One of the better stories I have read in a LONG TIME! THANKS!!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Something makes no sense

How does a man making $40K, afford the mortgage and utilities on a $1M home? There’s just no way.

Then, how does that man remain married while the bill paying is a total mismatch? And with her constantly harping on how disappointing he was, and condescending to him. None of it makes any sense.

You’d think he’d reach the conclusion that she wasn’t “all in” much sooner.

It’s a good story, with a happy ending, but 8 years of marriage under the conditions she set... it just doesn’t work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!!!

Your story SUCKED on SOOOOO many levels! He's just a pathetic ass-wipe!

lbentonlbentonover 4 years ago
my apology

hello, I owe you an apology. You are a fantastic righter. One of the best. I love your characters of Bruce and Tiffaney Davis. They are perfect the way you rote them .

The fuckwit that rote a hateful spectacle of your story. should never have been able to publish it.

I got caught up in it myself because I too cut past and right in some lines for my reading pleasure. But I would never publish it!!!!!!!!

The fuckwit had no idea of who the characters where either. Bruce isn’t some gung ho out for revenge dude…. The way I red him was, he loved his wife more than anything. She even ripped his heart out, beat him with it, threw it in front of the S,U,V. ran over it on the way to the airport. And he still loved her……. that is a real man. a man that quits or gives up on his love when something goes wrong is a wimp in my mind. Bruce stuck it out and just divorced her when she got back. no hate. That is a real man. that is someone I want to be….

Tiffany had her issues. Believe me I got that out of your story. But…. If Bruce had her served with divorce petition wile she was in Hawaii. She would have been on the next plain home. She loved Bruce. Look at eh way she reacted when she got back. Your words. “I never would have thought so, but I guess he was hurt more…” it next to killed her him leaving her.

The dude who plagiarized you didn’t have a clue…. I am sorry I got caught up in the mayhem. I did it because he did something I had done for numerous stories. I cut past and wright in some small changes. I did it to yours. but I promise they would never be published. There for me. my reading enjoyment. I added several right inns and I extended your last scene and added a epilog. I feel bad doing it. but I only shared it with three other persons and they loved it. it didn’t denture from your characters though.

I wish you continued success. I love your righting

R.L.Benton

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done

Probably one of the top 5 stories I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A story has to be believeable, this one doesn't pass the smell test.

She brings a hand gun and threatens to shoot his balls off if he ever cheats on her. WTF did I miss ? He certainly didn't, on the other hand..... Then again some men are just plain pussies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DId I Miss Something ??

She goes on a Vacation and leaves him at Home . He saw her Holding hands with another man at the airport . She refuses to Pay Her fair share of the Bills .. And Now that He is getting on his Own 2 feet again she wants to Marry Him .. No Freaking Way Should He marry Her ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good one....

A good story, it made me curious about the other series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
6 months...

... that's probably how long the second go-around lasts. Simply because with "bigger being better", he'll never be able to adjust to being a mediocre substitute for the big dick that sent her to heaven. He will resent her for it; he will never forgive for it; and ultimately it will force him to run away - again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disregard the negatives.

I've read this three times and the ONLY problem with it is the category. I believe this belongs firmly in Romance, not LW. I've seen this play out in reality - my son and his wife exemplified the story almost word for word. It happens people. Now 15 years later they are as dedicated to each other as they were the first day of their second time around. This time they know it takes dedication and work to make a marriage stay alive, and they're doing what it takes.

Hell of a story, friend. One of the best on the site.

johsunjohsunover 4 years ago
I've read this one before ...

And maybe even commented on it, but it must have been a long time ago because I wasn't sure what the ending was until I got to it.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He is pitiful

In simple terms, a doormat. The "wife" is an abuser. Emotionally, belongs in BDSM.

orzysorzysover 4 years ago
WTF

In what world does this fucking compute?

If the emotional torture she inflicted on him even after they were divorced, was physical, she would have gotten the death sentence.

And he just takes her back in an instant? Because she supposedly change?

You got to be fucking kidding me

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cucks get one star

and by taking the cheating whore back he is a cuck

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago

I may have commented before as this is my second reading. I actually really liked this. It is obvious he never stopped loving her and don't see how people describe him as a cuck. He divorced her because of disrespect. She didn't want divorce but it happened and he then beat up her lover without reason. She wanted to hurt him for what he did but she never stopped loving him hence the reconciliation. I do hope they talk more and share everything in a true marriage. 5 stars from me.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Nope

I could never take her back after the repeated calls telling me her new lover was sooo much bigger and better than me. No way. Never. Date Bit Titted Candy and be happy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why?

Why is it that readers comments reflect on the story subject. It is not what the story is about, but the writing skills of the author.

This story was well written on a difficult plot. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seen this story before

But it was different in that he wrote the GAN called the Running Shoes whilst working for the same guys...strange....I will score it the same 4

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF??

You spent all that effort to write a story about the STUPIDEST man on the planet???

jsch1947jsch1947over 4 years ago
I liked

Good story but some dumb elements. Not taking 50% of assets in the divorce was beyond stupid. She earned that with her greed. There ain't no free lunches. (Bob Heinlein). Your endings tend to ramble. Your dialogue, storylines, characters, are some of the best.

management91399management91399over 4 years ago

Tiffany's mother is Miss Havisham from great Expectations, the great unseen hand in all this is Tiffany's asshole father who ruined his wife who in turn ruined Tiffany who's hatred for him was placed on Bruce. I almost wanted to keep Bruce celibate throughout the story to make him a little more of a perfect character. Still messy and interesting, some of the comments are right, it would have been more interesting to have her grovel to get him back BEFORE he got the job yet I read the entire story thinking he'd sell the book and hollywood would make him a millionaire with the movie rights. Nice play on what equality is or should be, very enjoyable. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I don't know why so much bitching.....

This is one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Only read it about a half dozen times over the years. It's sad this author stopped writing. One of the best in this category. FIVE STARS

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

In my opinion DanielQSteele1 is one of the best writers on this site. His heroes inevitably have to deal with some pretty hurtful actions and attitudes from their wives. Makes me wonder what it would take to be TOO much. At what point does forgiveness start to look like acquiescence? What makes one husband look like he is strong enough to forgive and the next one just look like he is too weak to say NO and mean it?

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Tell The Judge

He should have told the judge and went to counseling. The counselor would have dealt with Tiffany's problems immediately.

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Great story

💕 ending.

Maybe counselling might have helped after all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tiffany and Bruce

Bravo

zeuspmzeuspmabout 4 years ago
one of the best

really really nice

DarknsDarknsabout 4 years ago
Loved it

I love the way you write and your storytelling. More please, thank you 🙏😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good!

Well done as is.

jalbertjalbertabout 4 years ago
really

what the hell is wrong with you. take back like hell sue her ass for half her fucking money and laugh all the way to the bank

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Old Adage About Love and Hate

I like the sex calls - a novel scene that I am surprised has not been utilized in some fashion by other authors (or maybe I have not read enough stories).

The story reflects the old adage about love and hate being opposite sides of the same coin. Tiffany never cheated, although her flirtations with Steven are questionable. But Bruce abandoned her and the sex calls expressed her frustration with the man she loved.

Many commentators, particularly the many Anonymous critics, are angered that Bruce did not finally dump Tiffany. I suspect that all of them are little frustrated bullies who have small dicks and never had a good love, and thus cannot understand human nature. Humans are fallible, because none of us are perfect. We can only try to overcome our limitations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well

You write well but I have often left bether ending in the toilet bowl.

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 4 years ago

Again, I cannot recall how many times I have read this story. I can only hope that DQS1 is still here to write more stories.

tiercenpttiercenptabout 4 years ago

a really nicely written story...but I think it would've done the same without that BIG HUNG Stephen...in detail... just name some random colleague or someone she grabbed from the streets...and her calling him while fucking.

same reaction, same emotion...which I think the Story would've delivered the same message.

with Stephen that's him being extra "good" cucked...unnecessary in my eyes tbh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I love your works, I really do. This was a masterpiece, even if I felt queasy when she continually tortured him over the phone. I'm not entirely sure she really loved him if she degraded him like that over and over again.

My only real beef with this story, is that nearly every male character EXCEPT Bruce was hung like a horse. You do realize that statistically, that's impossible, right?

It actually detracts from the story itself, dulls the intrigue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He checks the site

AD Steele no longer writes here. He has become successful and published some of his works. He signed off here about 3 years ago. Pity because he was one of the best.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
Nope.

Didn't work for me.

The undertone of the story is that he's continually humiliated, emasculated, and not up to the task of being a man enough to prevent or handle any of the disrespect levelled at him by the social justice warriors... that the real power lays in the hands of the mother and wife and the big, big cocks.

He suffers through a myriad of degrading, one-sided situations, and then, all of a sudden, because she's ready to grow a little, and get a little conscience, and to give him a modicum of respect, he's back, kneeling at her ankles.

The problem is, it's only because she has changed her mind as to what she wants.

So she gets what she wants again?

Fuck that. This is just a very wordy, very cleverly paced, cuck story and I am not impressed in the slightest.

She is still, and will always remain, a self-entitled cunt, just like her mother, who will remain in Bruce's life. I give little hope that the daughters will grow up well adjusted.

What a perpetual loser. Even if he thinks he has emerged in the garden of Eden, he, and his friend Hank, are both just cucks. The only reason there is a different outcome for either man is because the woman involved has decided it's what she wants. They may not know it, but their cock cages are well and truly locked, and the key is dangling between their wive's tits on a chain.

Tiffany even demonstrated that very fact, loud and publicly, when she pulled out that .38 and said very clearly that if he ever strays, she'll blow his dick off.

That sound fair, after what she pulled, right?

Gag.

I don't see how this could rate so high. I am sure the error in judgement is mine.

The antidote to this story is a mysoginistic, unrealistic, over-the-top submission by our friend Marlboroman.

And I'll feel better for it.

The important element in these stories, is the undertone. The message being sold by stealth.

You can see it here, you can see it in Marlboroman's stories, and you can see it in Kalimaxos' small comments where an open relationship would have been OK, if she had just asked, even if the protagonist is not putting up with a betrayal. It's the underlying message that actually means something... an attempt to sell a point of view.

Too transparent for me, and I hope others see it for what it is as well.

I know this author is well regarded here, and I know he's gone onto success, but that's no excuse for this. It just... sucked... balls.

Rant over.

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

Cucks get one star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a fucking loser

You decide whether I mean the Author or Bruce.

This was utter garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mixed upi

I am so mixed up, not much of it was plausible, how can you carry on fucking someone whilst they are calling your cock teenie, lots of other aspects just to rubbish to believe. Yet I loved it, gave 5_stars,because I couldn't put it down

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a fan of this or this author

This is a miss for me. The husband character is suppose to be this tough man but when it comes to his slutty evil wife, he is as wimpy as a man could be. First to agree to the type of marriage they had, do nothing when she went on vacation (I would of made her so misarable so she couldnt have a good time), listen to the slut when she calls him while having sex with another man, beat up that man and then say he can still sleep with her and when they have sex again, she pretty much tells him, her lover was better in bed and that she loved having sex with him, really? You finally gave him balls albeit small ones when he finally left her only to castrate them when you reconciled them.

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago
liked the pacing, plot and logic was off

I liked your writing style and pacing.

I was enjoying the plot until page 4 (after the call) after that it felt downhill. The logic and ending just went out the window for me.

Liked the vacation conversation, the whole divorce part was great, the aftermath was nicely written and loved the sex call, it was definitely a good setup for a plotline.

Would've liked to know more about what happened with Marge and the kids since they were big factors in the divorce.

Beating up Stephen I thought was a bit out of character since he's not a confrontational type.

Tiff came off as emotionally abusive with; the vacation talk; threatening to cheat on him with Stephen; the money; regarding his career; no respect; the sex calls; the constant big-d talk; the gun threat; the manipulation (the business dinner, having drinks after, and the night over). I feel like it wasn't addressed properly. It was good when he wanted to get away from her during the divorce then it just got sidelined by the whole trust thing. It's a lot of damage to justify MC saying yes at the end.

Threatening to blow his balls just came out of nowhere since he never cheated before, and the irony coming from Tiff who threatened to sleep with Stephen.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Everything was going great until the last two pages and then like normal with this author it turned to, well I was going to say shit but that can be useful as manure, this not so much.

With this authors history we couldn’t really be surprised.

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
what the hell lol

I second what superdandy said. What right does she have to threaten him when she's been the one straying...

I understand she's insecure but surely if she's suddenly matured and wants him back she shouldn't be so confrontational at the end...

It's a heartwarming end and a relief but I smell a shitshow coming on. Could be worth a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
IMHO Q fixed the problems with this story

Just my opinion though.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

This story pisses me off on so many levels, not the least of which how many ways this guy is a cuck

.

But today I got a new reason

.

The title is "Separate Vacations"

.

But HE NEVER WENT ON VACATION, so why is vacations plural?

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Not bad however their antagonistic exchanges seems a bit stilted.

Sorry but I like the qhml1 version better. No offense intended.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
Oh, Come On!

Couldn't he get a good job at say, the Dollar Store or the Recycle Center?

No wonder she was disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
big fucking wimp

he;s the biggest ,

fucking wimp on this planet , sure he beat up horsecock steven ,but when she call bruce while tiff was fucking steven instead of hanging up he just set there and listen ,that a fucking wimp , .and when he made it bid time she hook with him again ,reated him like shit ,that steven was way bigger and better than him ,and he swallow all that shit she shove down his throat , took it like the wimp ass bitch he is ,so fucking sad ,wasted my time .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lets just look at it

She took her mother and 2 children, and her lover to hawaii, and left him for 1 month.

He told her if she left like that, he wouldn't be there when they got back. She had plenty of time to get her shit in order. I don't care who you are, if someone disrespected me like that, they would be an enemy for life. If my wife of 9 years did that, how would you react. It was planed, and she did it purposely to show him how much she disrespected him.

At the end she pulls out a gun, and uses it to show that she was going to disable him in the future, if she isn't pleased. How much of a wimp can he be, he should of grabbed the gun and shot his head off right there and then. Don't really care which one either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Counselling !

This may have been one case where counselling might have been useful .

Perhaps , just perhaps , Tiffany might have seen how her mothers experience tainted her own views of trust , men and relationships .

Having divorced , both went on to try and find new lives .

I can see how in anger and bitterness she wanted to cause Bruce a measure of pain ...... she couldn't see that it was her actions that were the root cause of their breakup . Getting back together ?

No . Can't see it .

After sharing phone sex and boasting about how ruined she is now after Steve , I'm pretty sure most mens ego couldn't take it .

As an alternative ending , why not have them get back together but have Bruce then finagle a divorce but this time taking half of everything !

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I read it again.

I'm guess I'm still not convinced that someone as destructive as Tiffany can change. I'd like to think so, but she goes from a highly destructive need for an identity (and vacation) apart from her husband to one who threatens him if he behaves the same. I understand it is all about insecurity, but that's still a very big change. Add to that the way she belittles him verbally when she is angry with him. But it was good and intensely sad.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22almost 4 years ago
I’ve read this again.

I’ve read this story again and found it readable and enjoyable. I found it even better upon re-reading. People accept things others don’t but, the story is readable and I enjoyed reading.

It’s a fictional account of two peoples life and how they figured out what they wanted.

The writers imagination is very good, I couldn’t write anything this good and appreciate the opportunity to read your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

much the same as other comments even though it was excruciatingly boring for a lot of the time I had to skip about half of it. no man alive could take the torture she dish out andthen re marry. wouldhave to be insane. this marriage died when she went away with her fukin boyfriend for a month. she didn't fuck him, what man would go to Hawaii and not fuck the girl he went with, uncle steven, I'd have shot the pair of the bastards. sorry but why would you want to write this crap, the worldis a sad enough place. I've just lost 2 hours of my life i'll never get back. no stars, did the aythor notread this before it was posted. I couldntfind a single good thing to say about this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What kind of man listens to phone sex and then breaks phone?

More than once!

WIMPY CUCKOLD

What man whips ass of man who seduced wife and then thinks he is a good guy?

WIMPY CUCKOLD!!

What man hangs out with others who have no respect for vows?

WIMPY CUCKOLD!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Unlike many of the earlier comments, I found this story engaging, thought provoking and entertaining. Many comments miss the intent of your story line. Bruce did the right thing with Tiffany. His understanding of his wife's key problem made it essential for him to solve it or run away. He chose the right path to follow. Sometimes you need to love someone unconditionally like Bruce did. It was refreshing to see how you brought closure to the story and the love that truly existed between the two. Well done and I'm looking forward to other pieces of your writing. K

imanononeimanononealmost 4 years ago
Great Story

I do have a question though. In reality do women go around without panties in short dresses and try to let men they are trying to do business with see their snatch like Tiffany? It really makes me wonder about her.

anon.1

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 4 years ago

Somehow I missed this story initially but qhml1 did a alternate ending takeoff of this story, so I had to read your original first. Like all your work - great job! So many readers on this site fail to understand the depth and pain of true love and the weight of breaking up a family where children are involved. Reading Bruce's pain and struggle makes me want to hold my wife of 30+ years a little tighter. Thank you for that... PS - Wish you were still writing here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Seperate Delusions

Tiffany is self-absorbed, self-indulgent, narcissistic, garbage nightmare person. Bruce is a dumb ass wimpy cuck. The two deserve each other. Hope their life is a living hell. If they're lucky, someone will put both of them out of their misery. Delusions

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Imanonone

Her lack of undergarments puzzles me too. While I have seen women in business dress and act provocatively, all but one of them have been in sales. Tiffany wasn't meeting Vic to sell anything, not that we know of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderfull

I was moved to tears whilst reading this story I am an 80 year old man who has been married for 60 years to the same woman as they say. Life's a bitch and then you mattie her. Beautifully written well done. Love. John. Xxxxxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay, A 5-Star Story

It was well-written. The plot line was unique, but ambiguous. I feel that Tiffany was perhaps bipolar. My first girlfriend was bipolar. She could make me cry one minute, having the ability to show me a love I have never before or since experienced. But, the very next day, she could so infuriate me that I either wanted to strangle her to death or commit suicide. I went with her exclusively off and on for three years, but I found out too late that she was not as exclusive as I was. Four WEEKS after third break-up, she married a guy she did not know a month before the wedding. I think she married to prevent me from coming back and talking her into returning to me. She had two beautiful little girls that had to stand over her grave before either of them were teenagers. Her mother told me before her own death that my childhood sweetheart had never stopped loving me and had admitted to her mother she could not explain why she chose to leave me. But she thought at the time that it was the right thing to do for both of us. Life...whether you want it to or not...goes on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Writing

To long but loved the end. Wish they both would have kept others out of there sex life.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Ouch, mixed feelings about your story, your main man was way too much of a wimp in much of the story. Even when he left he continued to be weak. I have experienced much in my life but always kept my faith to be strong inside. The story finally resolved itself to a happy ending but it was a long way in coming. So for that I could only give it a 4. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unreal

Other than not marrying the cunt in the first place he did the right thing when he left, what he didn't do right was taking her back without her paying any kind of penance, especially after emasculated him the way she did every chance she got, to include the supposed business meeting where she talked to him like a dog and then when they hooked up afterwards, if she would have talked to me like that her ass would have been out the door. You wrote a fantasy fiction since no man worth a shot would put up with any of that. Please, if you continue to write stay in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wish the ending turned out differently. Seems selfish to me to pull that shit infront of him and everyone else at the end.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 3 years ago

Well, to me, the ending just spoilt it. You'd put enough angst and hurt and desperate passion into the story that his break from his wife leading to his eventual proposition to Candy set him on the road to emotional recovery. Then fucked it all up with a confrontation at the end. From Bruce's standpoint he voiced the opinion that if she wasn't all in, "....you'll kill me, baby..." and Tiffany said she would shoot him if it didn't work out. That's not an ending, that's a set up for more drama when everything was virtually settled.

Anyway, that's the only bad thing I can think of about this story.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
i didn't like the ending

She would go and cry a river for all i care...i would have never took her back

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Why does she want to be married to that asshole?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great tale

This is clearly one of the most popular stories in this genre , and I can see why . I like the fact that multiple very successful authors have done a take on this tale , some as good as the original.

Originality almost always wins though . Superb read 👌👌

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Sympathy here...

He's upset because a woman won't support his sorry ass while he writes the "great american novel." Should have gotten a degree in basket weaving...it would have paid more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
!!! Please I am begging You write a second ending

In which he grabs the gun and shoots her between the eyes. Or even better one after he shoots her, he points the gun at his head and ends his worthles existence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing story...

I hope You would write a follow-up story, Thoroughly enjoyed the story...

People seem to criticize, instead of praise...Each to their own..

Marriage is a partnership,, not mine or yours,,, Its ours.. If you cant respect or see your spouse as equal,, then the marirage is dommed ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mixed

You write well, there are a few grammar & spelling mistakes but they don’t spoil the story.

The storyline is fresh and the characters well rounded. I can see why he went back with her but she won’t change. She is completely money driven and will snap him like a twig.

Personally, I wouldn’t have gone back with her. Nothing is worse than a patronizing bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Really liked the story. He could have had half her money and alimony in the divorce. He was not stupid, just a unrealistic dreamer, he would have known. If nothing else the lawyer would have told him. She would have known that also. So she should have figured out her money was safe. Too bad they were both too angry to settle it then.

I don't get the critics.

Judge6901Judge6901over 3 years ago
Cliffhanger

Up to the second last page I thought after all of the ups and downs, that it would end with them both going their own way.

Nicely pulled together. A little more at the end would have been a bonus.

You played my emotions like a maestro.

Well done.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

It's a tightrope act trying to make Tiff a sympathetic character, and it doesn't always succeed. The titular separate vacation was a targeted strike on her part, and a lot of her behaviour after the divorce is pretty despicable.

The ending on its own feels like a good one, but better suited for another story where so much shit hadn't gone down. I guess I'm not that fascinated with stone cold bitches and the men that are hopelessly in love with them. Writing's undeniably good, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great writing, but.....

After 2 years of hurting him in every way possible, he is still in love with her? How? They meet for dinner and she can barely say hello, before she starts with the digs, and put downs. Who would stand for that? I generally like a story of forgiveness, but her behavior was so far over the top, that the ending doesn’t fit with the events that had come before. Besides, he fucks her one time, and his magic dick, causes her to to change her entire personality, and change forever. I just don’t buy it. Now if he were the the “Angel of Death”, then no problem, because that guy can change you with just a look.

gopher25gopher25over 3 years ago

So why did she go on vacstion without him when she could easily have paid his way? Why did she scoff at him at every opportunity? Funny kind of love.

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
Why Blockbuster

Why a story about Blockbuster? You wrote this in 2010, Blockbuster had already filed Bankruptcy in 2010. Soon to be history. As all video rental. I would normally be on the side of the man in this situation, but not this time. The character you create working for Blockbuster is a Idiot. Number 1 working at a dead end job. I agree with her leaving his ass behind. More important, not standing up to the bitch and paying all the bills. You wrote a story about a stupid pussy of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Good Story

But as some great poet of the late 20th or early 21st century said, “Bitch Be Crazy”. I mean how else do you explain a woman walking into a private party in a restaurant, whipping out a.38 and slamming it down on the table, and then proposing marriage to her ex-husband? Yeah...crazy. I enjoyed the story for what it was, just a little light entertainment to pass a little time. I really didn’t even think about the possibility of whether or not it could actually happen in real life. Who cares? These stories on this website are not much more than escapist fiction and anyone who gets caught up in the possibility of whether or not it could “actually happen” is just taking this shit way too seriously. All in all, a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a nitwit idiot

The man in this story is totally egoist and totally idiot. Should be a 5 star except for the idiot. 3 star 🌟🌟🌟

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
take her back? Not likely, Change of heart? not likely

The story gets 5 stars for very good writing, the ending was a bit unexpected. Why would he believe her now at his birthday party? There can't be any trust after what she did about the vacation. He's right about marriage, there is no me or I, you and yours, in marriage it's US. You do things you go places, you plan for US, not me or you US.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars Easy

Great work! Amazing writing on your part and I like the hopeful ending as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
trash

typical cuck fic written by a cuck, qhml1 did this story much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked the story, thought it was well written

I liked the story, it flowed well, I am not a grammarian, so if there were errors my eye ignored them. Only problem I have is that she was so flippin evil, so vile, so nasty I could not see any man taking her back. Nearly every thing she ever said to him was horrible and unforgivable. Even up to the 'proposal' If only she had not been a big dick hoe, that rubbed his face in her sex-apades.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
Just Thought I'd Point Out

That a number of people misread whose hand Stephen was holding when Bruce saw them in the airport terminal after their return flight: "I recognized Stephen, tall, dark and handsome, walking off beside Tiffany and the girls. He had a briefcase in one hand and in the other --he held Kristen's hand." Note the last four words. Tiffany is his wife, Kristen is his daughter. Stephen was Not holding Bruce's wife's hand but his daughter, which was probably worse in Bruce's mind, certainly in mine. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a great ending

The fact he is wildly successful in his new job takes a lot of the sincerity/believability out of the reconciliation. Also that bit about brandishing a gun was too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another simp?

I gave this story a 4 because it was well written and the characters were well developed. However, in essence it is just another simp/cuckold story.

Spoiler alert...stop reading if you don't want to know the ending. Okay.

Bruce is a complete simp. He took her back after she called him up and allowed him to listen to her fucking a guy with a bigger dick all the while denigrating his dick and sexual performance. A guy doesn't forget those words. They will come back to haunt him every time he is inside of her. Also, she got a taste for big-D, she's going to want it again. She will most likely end up cheating on him in the future. There are a lot of simps out there, especially among the younger guys (under 45), so from that standpoint the ending is probably realistic. However, it does not appeal to an alpha male.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Stupid fucking RAAC bullshit! What a pussy and a wimpy cuckold for taking her back! This story was worthless and a waste of time!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Wel written and a good story, don't know how plausible it is but it is fiction (I assume).

So where is the criticism in a work of fiction that was very readable with a few cold hearted people with no understanding or communication skills. Can a leopard changes it's spots? Who knows. I do know in really life some us to manage to change after decades of experience and we learn to understand. Goof writng

1...678910...13
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous