All Comments on 'Separate Vacations'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 1,249 Comments (Page 13)
1inquiringmind1inquiringmind4 months ago

I am sorry I wasted the time to read this. There should be a pitiful masochist tag. I kept waiting for a happy ending for this pitiful guy. This was not it.

Buckcherry has a song about a particular type of female. Tiffany certainly qualifies as the topic of the song.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

God, Tiffany is so unsympathetic. Her speech about Stephen in this chapter was frankly, insane. Absolutely f'ing insane. If she had any sort of a chance of a relationship, it should have been shot 3 times in the head, stabbed in the back, knife twisted, corpse set on fire, then exploded with a nuclear bomb. It was a SERIOUS misstep in this chapter - and also, I don't know what the obsession male writers have with big penises. I guess they've never had their cervixes rammed into a bloody pulp by anything over 6 inches.

miket0422miket04224 months ago

When they first split I felt like this was a relationship that was meant for a reconciliation.

After they way she tortured him with Stephen ... I don't see how them getting back together is possible.

It was a page turner though.

Helen1899Helen18994 months ago

I love all this author's stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't see a way past the torture. The sheer emotional torture with her involving Stephen. How do you do this to someone you love? You don't. I'm sorry, this is a terrible story with a worse ending, I can't do anything but rate it 1 star. Tiffany is just an unsympathetic character all over.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I normally enjoy a story where the wife earns a reconciliation. In this story however she just doesn't. She can't. After what she puts Bruce through there's no chance. Only 2 stars from me.

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

It was an engrossing story but I could not see a reconciliation after what she did with the asshole on the phone. Too much disrespect from her to take her back.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Согласен с MadMake45!! Она его открыто унижала и причиняла боль звонками! И даже не извинилась!! С чего ему соглашаться? Он уже был нищим и он был ей не нужен! Семья и разрушилась из-за этого! Автор ты хоть объясни её поведение. С чего она так решила? Слишком быстро и непонятно закончилось...

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

I've red this and the other ending and I think I like the reconciliation of this one just a little bit more than the other ending which is a bit more contentious but very entertaining as well. Both authors did a good job. I'm not a big fan of long sex scenes because the take away from the substance of the story. In this story the sex scene does fit because it's kind of grudge fuck or an I'll show you bitch, take that. It's that love/hate thing we guys have with woman that treat us like shit. Which Eagles song said: A woman knows how to destroy a mans soul? Well they really do................................

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ron White explained why rich woman/poor man doesn’t work. The rich side expects you to carry the piss bucket, but if you won’t carry the piss bucket, it will never work. Rednecks understand. The bitch should have taken him to Hawaii. If it cost him his job at Blockbuster, big deal! They didn’t last anyway. He also needs to put his mother in law in her place. Make her carry the piss bucket. In this story reconciliation is unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not my idea of a happy ending. He gets a used up promiscuous and disloyal woman.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is one of my favorite stories on here. I love how Bruce stands up for himself against the disrespect, and I can even see him understanding the initial emotional torture Tiff puts him through.

What I can not really understand, is the need for Tiff to continuously tell Bruce how fantastic Stephen was, even after they just had amazing sex. Bruce never once compared her tits to his other lover, but Tiff brings up Stephens cock size every opportunity she gets. I just cant see how she can justify that if her declaration of love in the end of the story is how she honestly feel. She is way to comfortable with being an emotional sadist to pull that off...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@previous Anonymous: Tiff was heartbroken. She didn't lobe Stephen buy had great sex with his big endowment. She threw it in front of Bruce's face because she felt betrayed and wanted to lashed out. She was clueless as to why exited the marriage. Do you really think it is different than LW stories where the husband is ambushed with a divorce filing and he starts banging a young coed or doing escorts? And not hiding what he is doing? Besides ever hear of "hell hath no fury like a woman scroned"? Late on it comes up, but he doesn't letter finish when she tells him that Bruce also made her feel great pleasure aldo and unlike Stephen she loved Bruce. Not taking her side. Just explaining her perspective. She had serious insecurity and trust issues. She is also a bit nuts as shown at the end. But once she gave him what he always wanted: respect and sharing everything, including financial, and she got rid of the proverbial running shoes under the bed, he was happy. One of DQS stories where the reconciliation is not a RAAC and is not just reasonable.but warranted once she had her epiphany. While she had been a bitch and her mother was a lunatic, she never cheated before Bruce left the marriage. Maybe things got close on Hawaii and taking Stephen along anyways away an insult but still while failing the husband test a couple of times, it was more that she was a tyrant not a cheater. Afterwards when the divorce came through, then all the phone calls started. And she sought revenge. Was it reasonable? No. Hurtful? Yes. But it was understandable that some people react that way. 5 stars. One of the author's best stories. The QMH1 variant is a little better and more refined in parts, especially with the pefidy of Stephen, but otherwise both are great reads.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"Yes, Bruce, he was that big. Even a couple of inches makes a difference, and he was good. And I loved the way he fucked me and he did reach places you never did. And he made me cum over and over."

====> the difference between 8 (speculation for Bruce) and 10 inches assuming same girth, is actually nit that significant as most women's vaginal tracts cannot accommodate 10 inches regardless of position or angle. And no you cannot get past the cervix regardless of LW tropes. That being said, for her some of it was probably technique and also give herself freely into f$cking because she felt betrayed. But 10 inches is well past the Goldilocks region and most women will not get maximal fulfillment past 8 inches with the a negative correlation with increased length unless size queens (which is almost.all mental) because of one simple reason: pain. Women can stretch their vaginal tract for girth. Not for length. Not biologically possible at least for vaginal sex. For oral and anal, that is different. Again as she proclaims, she felt unbelievably betrayed when he left, having no idea why he left or at least not acknowledging it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Contray to popular memes, men cheat regardless of wealth status at a roughly uniform rate. Also surprisingly, women who are poor cheat far more than women who are wealthy despite all the Hollywood, LW, and porno tropes. Remember this is with respect to overall wealth.

Now let's look at cheating as a function of income differentials. Men cheat more when they either have much lower or much higher incomes than their wife, and the least when they earn more or less the same as their wife. Ironically women cheat much more when their income is much less than their husband (e.g. housewife in a lower or middle class family) and cheat the LEAST when they make much MORE than their husband. So cheating vs income differential is like a parabola for a husband and a negative sloped line for a woman.

Again the first measure are vs overall wealth status. The second measure was vs income or eanrings differential. Very different things.

Regardless this story was not about adultery though Bruce suspected otherwise. Thr fact she waited until the divorce was complete to f$ck Stephen was a dead giveaway but Bruce did not know. Their issues were something different which makes their reconciliation more rewarding.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Violating the vow is not just fucking other people. Emotional cheating and disrespecting the spouse in favor of others are already violating the vow. In other words, cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The story doesn't make any sense to me.

Whatever, only two stars for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very nice story. Thank you for your effort!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well written story. But, she's a psycho and he's an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Funny thing is how ao many critics are so upset about her being a woman scorned and a bitch AFTER the divorce is final calling up her ex husband and crooning about how good her new lover is and having sex. You know he can hang up, right? Besides he beat the tar out of Stephen. And while he felt compelled to divorce her because she was a psycho about everything else, she never cheated, never had an emotional affair, and he disappeared on her and gave her zero chance to reconcile. Not that he didn't try to get he to change before leaving. Once he leaves and their divorce is final, she can screw who she wants. While I don't defend her being a vi dictive bitch snd calling him up several times, why do commenters revile her as a whore, or other nonsense term that doesn't apply to this story. Yeah she intentionally tried to humiliate her. Sh$t, how many guys who are cast away or dumped on don't try to humiliate their ex lover or spouse while drunk? Again, Bruce can hang up the phone and block the number. It isn't rocket science. It hurt because he still loved her. She wanted to hurt him. Is it a nice thing to do? Hell no! But it would be stupid to not expect it from a woman scorned. The whole hell hath no fury thing. Sigh. Stop fixating on that part and read the rest of the story. Besides this author often has the wives (or in this case "ex wife") humiliate their husband regarding the sexual performance. Get over it. It wasn't why they divorced nor did it factor into whether they would reconcile or not. They were apart like 3 years. She is a psycho at the end but is willing to give him everything he wants as long as he doesn't cheat on her. Clearly they need counseling. He got what he wanted. Stop focusing on her phone calls. Lol. It is a fictional story. What are you twelve years old?

xhristianjxhristianj2 months ago

Do you know when a guy is definitely a beta its when even when he supposedly stands up for himself he still comes off as a total beta. This prick has got to be the most passive aggressive little bitch ever portrayed in a story?

I mean FFS his asserting his maniless in the divorce is to give everything up because nothing says stupid than acting like a fucking idiot.

And how much of a man are you to work in a video store in your fucking late 20's? All because your so committed to your craft as a writer? Really can't you write literally anywhere anytime so I don't know get a real fucking job. 😂😂😂

So she's a raging cunt and for anyone saying she's not cheating what the fuck did you read she was doing everything except fucking the prick.

So again beta move takes her back literally immediately when she comes to him despite fucking other people non stop since their divorce like FFS thats just nasty 🤢🤮

Phxray54Phxray542 months ago

3rd read. From a 4 to a 5. It is well written and a good story about people being human, warts and all. They are just characters, no need to psychoanalyze them, you already have in telling their story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

To me the story should have gone differently

the month that Tiffany went on holiday, Bruce's agent launched his novel, within 3 weeks woud have brought him a fortune more than his wife had, still push forr the divorse simply because Tiffany decided that she was going to take another man by the name of Uncle Stephen with her two daughters one aged 18

i would hae turned into my wife there ad then and told he straight my daughters ar not going with no Uncle and would have thretened her with restraing orders and stop her from flying out to the my girls with another man. i wouldnt care if it was a group or not. i would have told my wife that she could go with Unce Stephen but when she got back the girls and him will not be at home when she arrived back

Sympathist99Sympathist99about 2 months ago

I enjoyed this story. I also absolutely think she wants him back because he has a different job with ownership prospects and is making real money. That's what she wanted when she left him behind on the vacation, and no reconciliation happened until she found out about his copywriting job. Sure, she was with Stephen and then married to another bloke in the meantime, but it just comes off really hollow "You know this has nothing to do with you becoming successful, don't you?" uh huh... sure. So basically she tells him that she's not interested and won't respect him until he makes something of himself, and then when he does she goes after him and gets him back. Got what she wanted and got to fuck a big dick for a year for kicks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sounds like Tiffany is a good fuck.

34dein34deinabout 2 months ago

Very weak writing, and piss poor characters.

JordanFullerJordanFullerabout 2 months ago

She's worth millions, but drives an entry-level Lexus? OK, I did take more from the story than that ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the story just not some parts of it. I don't think a Judge doesn't give him half the assests. That's the law barring circumstances. The first time she calls him I think he would have hung up and blocked her number. And at the end I think his answer would have been a loud "NO"! She was bat-shit crazy and he was done with her. I also think she could have lost her license to practice law for bringing a gun into a public place. Other than that - good, fictional story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nicely done. No nits to pick. Great read, great intensity.

ChuckyLaFongChuckyLaFongabout 2 months ago

The protagonist must have death wish getting back with that loco yoni.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I’ve read this story before and it’s changed the first time involved investigator’s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, certainly loved the ending. Just too bad he didn't get to play with Candys tits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Being cucked and accept being blackmailed in public is what cucks do

pjpbpjpbabout 1 month ago

4/5

Not that I LIKE the story, I find it disturbing. Still, I do not return to AVERAGE (3/5) stories and read this one already 2-3 times.

With all said in the story about paralell lifes it feels more like she owns him and he drags along until the very betrayal (whether Stephen fucked her in Hawaii is immaterial, vacations themselves and her behaviour was a clear cheating). She keeps belittling and disrespecting him until the very last scene, when she suddenly grew to be eager to become his partner and wife. All her overture feels more like owner attempting to pull the leash back rather than loving partner realizing she wanted her partner back. While I can imagine ultimate reconcilliation all this story feels more like moth and flame story, when at first ex-wife's admission of her guilt MC comes to her, most likely to be burned again when her momentary lapse of reason expired. Hence story feels unfinished, too much past to be blanked out with single 'I am sorry'

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 month ago

i have read several incarnations of this story and any that end up with him taking the bag of crazy back cannot get past my suspension of disbelief, no way his dick is that magical otherwise it would have been magical before she abandoned him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great storytelling, but she’s definitely taking him back because he has shown some ambition.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I like your stories a lot, but where s the story of Henry and Patricia Clark? I would appreciate reading their story, PLEASE!

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Girls aren't supposed to get down on one knee and ask for marriage! That seems weird and masculine lol

James G 5James G 520 days ago

I give it a year before she murders him

She's got a bad case of Borderline Personality Disorder with a heaping helping of Narcissism.

She'll never be happy or fixed and his life will always be misery.

A better ending would have been her wounding him & Candy, going to jail, and he gets the kids and a settlement.

mndhanson017mndhanson01718 days ago

Honestly, the continued disrespect, just no, Bruce seriously needed to learn to move on, there was no point of the divorce with how he kept running back to her. The constant "I needed to hurt you", she already did by leaving him for a month because of her batshit mother, I'm disappointed that he had children with this woman, things would have been better if he didn't. He needs to find someone that treats him as an equal, she never did, and never said she was sorry. Sure, he walked out, he could have left a note as well, explaining his actions, this is not a marriage and never will be.

MaverickXMaverickX12 days ago

Uh...yeah. no. I don't give a shit about "trust" you don't disappear with another man for a month. That's disrespectful af. And all I have is your word that you didn't cheat? Get fucking real😂 and the way she degrades him over the phone while getting ran through by another guy? Nah. I would've moved her hands with the gun to my forehead and told her to put me out of my misery

jschmosucksjschmosucks11 days ago

She actually has the balls to threaten blowing his off with a .38 if he ever cheats in her if they get back together when he never did anything disloyal to her??? Dude, run! Go home with Candy and motor boat those jugs until you get some sense knocked into you or get a concussion and forget about Tiffany!!!

Great story, really enjoyed reading it!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

If you're like me and read the comments before the story to see whther or not it'll be a waste of time:

I'd recommend Seperate Vacations: Parallel Lives. While Bruce is still a bit of a twat, he is made out to be less of a simp.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos11 days ago

I've read both this original and the popular homage by qhml1 and while I think I may prefer the latter to the former, it's really just a measure of degrees and taste. Like, for instance, I really do appreciate how tight the original version of the story is. It flows really quickly, there's nary a wasted passage or even a sentence. It's very, very easy to read. The homage, conversely, is a bit bloated, has some parts that really should have been cut and builds up to essentially the same ending, but because of the hype, it comes off as lesser. That being said, I think i prefer the characterization of Bruce from the homage, he's more dynamic and grows really quite substantially during the course of the (much longer, chronologically) events of the story. That being said, I do appreciate how in this story Tiff and Bruce resolve their differences and do it in a way that seems more... giving on behalf of Tiff, like she wasn't beaten over the head as much with how great Bruce is.

<>

Like I said, it's a matter of degrees and largely personal taste.

<>

Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite stories (and for good reason). I like the plot and how it's a "loving wives" tale that focuses on not just marital infidelity, but "infidelity" of a more pernicious kind - the lack of commitment to a marriage that is all too common because of people being too disconnected, too timid and guarding their hearts too heavily. Bruce was right. Right about everything. Tiff only has everything to gain by acknowledging it. So it was a great ending.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA8 days ago

First the story telling is great. Back and forth and it was concise and entertaining. The second version was more in depth as to why Tif. was so controlling. To understand why Bruce took her back was complex. They were both kind of nuts and unbalanced so I guess it was believable that he would take her back. Can you imagine in this gun violence country someone walking into a crowded restaurant and pulling out a gun.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous