All Comments on 'Sexual Secrets Ch. 08'

by DickSwett

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
HartlesslyHartlesslyover 3 years ago

Aidan is definitely from Mass. Runs on Dunkin’ and kicks ass. I love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

Why does a well-written college love story about two guys, who love each other deeply but haven’t quite figured out just how to express it and deal with it, have to take such a dark and twisted turn. Before the lovers are even together in intercourse, this chapter has to (without warning) include a brutal double raping, one of which took his anal virginity in a bloody attack. Leading to a violent defense that likely resulted in Aiden exploding one or more testicles! There had to be better conflicts to introduce or ways to finally prompt Aiden’s admission of love that weren’t so savage. Very disappointing and completely pointless. Sure you may say terrible things happen in real life but that doesn’t mean they are enjoyable to read about or should happen to characters you’ve liked for many chapters up to this point. This story is quickly going downhill IMO.

HHYagamiHHYagamiover 3 years ago

You have chose a very strong plot point here. I'm gonna agree with the anonymous that posted before me, i hadn't seen that coming and i don't think it was necessary (maybe you should have stopped at the raping intentions, that IMHO were enough to make aidan go berserk), but i don't think it ruined the story neither.

With this decision you have a big opportunity to add more depth to this story: something outrageous as anal rape cannot be washed away with a "sponge swipe", what happened must have consequences to Logan psyche and to the relationship balance. Aidan have to sustain him, and the "in-bed" dynamics in the first time will be difficult. This can be a great opportunity to make this already beautiful story even better.

Take your time, you are a wonderful writer and so far you have built a fantastic story that i really appreciate, it's normal to receive some backlash when you choose "divisive" plot points, but don't let them concern you too much, if you manage to capitalize on your investment this story will fly high.

CatRayCatRayover 3 years ago

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. I really liked the story and the characters but this got extremely dark. I had thought maybe one of the boys would have a scary and somewhat dangerous encounter during a casual hook up but being raped by two men is much more horrible than I imagined. The physical and emotional trauma that the character would experience after an assault such as this would be profound and overwhelming. This plot choice changes this story from “a sweet, light hearted, college romance of two likable and relatable characters” to something that is very sad and heartbreaking.

DickSwettDickSwettover 3 years agoAuthor
Author Response

I wish there was a better way to communicate, or to connect with each of you individually. As it is, I have no choice but to leave my own comment and hope it finds its way to you.

I appreciate and value everyone's feedback - I do. And I completely understand the reaction to the dark turn in this chapter. Truthfully, the whole thing kind of got away from me. It usually does. But, I tend to let the story take me wherever it goes. However, it was important for me to have these boys experience something traumatic together. I can't just keep writing about their sexcapades. While that is fun, I needed something to bring the characters together, to bond in a more fundamental way than through mutual attraction and exploration.

For those of you who are making this journey with me, I thank you and am very appreciative. It was a story I have wanted to tell for a long time. However, please know that not every story has a happy ending - a "happily ever after" like Walt Disney would have us believe. This is one of those stories. If you didn't care for this particular chapter, then you're going to hate the ending. That's all the foreshadowing you get. But, please keep in mind these boys are young - 18-22 years - who have recently found their way into a world entirely new to them. They are young, impressionable and prone to make stupid mistakes. I'm trying to write this with that in mind, and not from the perspective of someone with years of experience and growth that helps to temper our behavior.

There it is - for whatever it's worth. Most importantly, you have given me things to consider, and I am very grateful for that. So, here's to Aidan and Logan. Let their journey continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Appreciate

DickSwett i really appreciate that you took your time to write such a response. I'm looking forward to read where the story will go. I'm sure you will do a great work, as you did until now.

CatRayCatRayover 3 years ago
Reply to Author’s comment

For me at least, your story was a stand out amongst many of the submissions in this forum. It included great detail, well thought out characters and the character’s growth from chapter to chapter. I also liked the sweetness of your story. I may have made different choices had this been my story to write but you are the author and you and only you gets to decide what is written. I found it interesting that you said in your comment, “It got away from you.” May I offer you some wisdom I learned from another writer: Writers make choices. The stories and the characters don’t choose the story, only the writer does.

You’re really talented! I enjoy your work. Please keep it up!

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago

THIS CHAPTER SHOULD HAVE HAD A STRONG WARNING OF ANAL RAPE AND EXTREME VIOLENCE!

If it had, I would have spared myself reading this very sad and traumatizing chapter! Such a complete disappointment! I'm sorry now that I wasted my time becoming invested in what appeared to be a well written progressive love story!

There has been no indication so far that this is a true story, which would have a pre determined conclusion and ending! So I guess it is the writers choice to destroy what could have been a very nice love story! I fail to understand what is to be gained by turning the possibility of such a great story by making it something dark and violent! After reading the comments from DickSwett about this story not having a happy ending... "If you didn't care for this particular chapter, then you're going to hate the ending" Thanks for the warning! Seems we have another writer that enjoys playing with the readers emotions by making us feel depressed and heartbroken! This will be the last chapter I will be reading!

HartlesslyHartlesslyover 3 years ago

Thank you for responding. It’s because readers have become so invested in your characters that this chapter was upsetting. I will continue to read because I’m still invested, and you’re a good writer. Hoping for a hallmark ending still, but I know life sometimes has other plans.

Fucko922Fucko922over 3 years ago

No offense taken. Loved the chapter and the results

Ginger630Ginger630about 3 years ago

I hope their love story continues

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hi, DickSwett, I hope the mild backlash hadn't disheartened you. This story has so much quality, don't give up on it!

Wish you the best, inside and outside literotica. ^^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’m very disappointed in the events that happened in this chapter, I usually go for stronger guys, but Aiden sure has a poor way of proving that he loves Logan, first fucks a girl, then gets hard looking at the guys at the beach when he had Logan right by his side. It’s my opinion he uses Logan more than cares about him, and I blame him for the rape happening..

JC4SC87JC4SC87about 3 years ago

I agree that a Trigger Warning would’ve been helpful, but I disagree that their trauma ruined the story. The reality of the world is that young gay men are more susceptible to SA than even women and it often has a significant impact on relationships. Not everyone gets an HEA.

nono007nono007over 2 years ago

"In later years, Logan would reflect on this moment as being the happiest of his life."

I have a feeling that this story will not end well.

Damn, the real-life is hard enough. I don't know if I can take it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDickSwett@DickSwett
Been a lot of places, done a lot of things. Love sex - always have, always will. Love being nude, love masturbating, love mutual sex - the more the merrier. Send me a message - let's chat.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES