Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 03 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Giving our track record I would say it will be closer to a year. There is more. You picked up oversight of both the inn and General store in town. They will work to get the fourth floor ready for us."

She looked at him, "I am running them both?!"

He smiled, "You decide how much control you want, but you can bring in new ideas. Be in day to day charge of them or just tweak the structure a bit. Up to you."

She nodded, "I can do that. I have a lot of ideas that the manager did not like or wanted to hear. I think I will have to have a talk with him! Where are we?"

He smiled, "The church. I checked on my patient and brought us into here to sleep. Now I need to pray so if you want to run across the street you can or you can pray with me. She smiled and joined him on their knees with their heads bowed and prayed for an hour and felt recharged. She prayed and then meditated, while he continued praying.

She looked at Travious, "You always pray that long?"

He smiled, "That is how I get my spells and lay on hands abilities recharged."

She nodded, "Like a mage studying."

He nodded, "Just like that."

He stood and called his armor on. He grabbed his shield and put his weapon belt on. She looked at him, "How do you do that with your armor?"

He took the ring off and slid it on her finger, "Think armor on." She stumbled back and he steadied her, "This is heavier than I thought."

He reached over and took the ring off and put his armor back on, "There is a ring attached to the armor to make it happen. I waited almost 20 years before giving one to each of my apprentices. Made them appreciate not having to take and put on their armor. My mother would make me go without and then give it back for a while and then repeat it. I thought it was cruel. I let them have the stick and then they got the carrot."

She laughed. He helped her to her feet. They walked out and he saw a cleric talking with the boy. Travious walked over to listen in. The boy finally said, "I feel somewhat better."

Travious looked at him, "Want a ride home?"

He looked up, "You are the one who saved me."

Travious nodded as the boy hugged him. Travious smiled, "It is a part of the Paladin code. Also, the village is a part of my life. We have to care about each other."

He nodded, "A lot of them are scared. Another Champion in the village."

Travious smiled, "I am not in the Gray Blades even though I train with them. I also train with the wood elf village with my bow."

He pulled it out, "Belonged to the First champion. I cannot hunt rabbit with it, but I could drop a twelve-hundred-pound grizzly with it. I do not practice using it because it eats the targets.

Picture an arrow that turns into lava for a few seconds on impact. It can eat half of a fireplace log in seconds. Built for the battlefield and not the woods as much. He put the bow away, "My Aunt had a run-in with a few druids after she hit a tree in the Silvertree Woods and damaged it. She talked her way through it but decided a different bow was better for her. Do you want that ride?"

He nodded. Travious looked over at Melia, "I will bring you one of your horses, you told them to trust me."

She nodded and smiled, "I can go talk to the manager!"

He followed the boy out. He saw two more bolts laying on the ground near his horse's feet. From two different sections of woods. He delayed poison on both of them as they walked out. He grabbed the bolts, got in the saddle, and pulled the boy up, "How much longer until you are an adult?"

He sighed, "Three years."

He headed over to the Keep and saw General Tranosa, "Did you find any more?"

Travious shook his head and dropped the bolts on the ground, "Keep looking! Those were found by my horse outside the church. After I dropped the heads of the other two."

He nodded, "The Duchess wants to see you."

Travious smiled, "She has to wait. I have a delivery to make to an Elder."

The boy looked up at him, "Thanks again."

Travious smiled, "You can thank me by telling me what you were doing up that late."

He sighed, "There is this girl she works at the inn. She gets off late and I sometimes watch her through her window."

Travious chuckled, "Taking matters into your own hand so to speak."

He nodded. Travious looked at him, "Let her know you are interested in her. If she can wait a few years then she is the right one. I got married last night and I spoke to the woman I married when she was 50 and I was 75. I told her I could legally pursue her in another 25 years. However, I could do nothing about it for 30 years. 30 years later I married her."

He looked at Travious, "Why 30 years?"

Travious sighed, "Paladin code is very strict. While conducting training you must remain chaste. That does not finish until you are a 105. I was Knighted, Knight-Paladin at 75 with almost 60 years of training under me. I then spent 30 years training 2 others. Requirement. There are 40, but some have multiple parts.

There are even requirements dealing with your wife or wives. Where the children will be raised. So, the wives have to agree before getting married to you. Shrinks the field of wives willing to do all of that. That was not a suggestion by the way. Unless you would like to tell the Elder why you were out that late?"

He shook his head, "My grandfather."

Travious nodded, "I know." They arrived back in the village and several of the security forces were gathered as they rode up.

One of the Gray Blades looked over, "We checked your house. The Elder is refusing to let our men check." Travious helped the boy down and had him go to his Grandfather. He followed. The Elder looked at him and shooed him back, "Go see your father."

Travious pulled out his bow. He walked over and grabbed one of the Gray Blade casters, "You have teleportation circle?" She nodded. He whispered, "Wait here." He walked up to the Elder, "You will be happy to know that not only is your grandson safe, but I also killed and decapitated the two orc assassin's I found."

He looked at Travious and just nodded. "I find another one I might take a few seconds longer in killing them. Maybe."

Karti'Ros, "Danger nearby, but you know that already."

The Elder looked up and Travious looked at the leader, "See if you can talk some sense into him."

Travious walked away and he grabbed the caster, "Hostage situation. The elder pointed his eyes up to let me know that it is upstairs. Squint your eyes and look over my shoulder and see if you can see movement in any of the windows.

She looked, "Two of them. One at the front and one at the side. He sighed, "Damn it! You got another caster?" She nodded, "Captain, come here just a second."

Travious looked at the Captain, "Give him 30 seconds to see reason."

The Captain was about to object. Travious yelled over, "I am a Knight Paladin! Let alone my Aunt being the Duchess."

He came over. Travious whispered, "Hostages. The second floor. You are targeting the guy by the side window as is she. I will get the one at the front window. Do not hit the hostages. Center of the room. I want you to position me so I am facing straight at the front window. Captain, give him a ten count, you take us up on five."

They both nodded. The Captain gave the order and on five they were in the room. He had the one with his wife. He had a back shot. He punched a shot straight through his midsection.

He screamed as did the other one. He got to the wife. She was bleeding and he hit her with delay poison and then a part of his lay-on-hands. The Captain called over, "I got a wounded woman here. He went over and delayed the poison with the rest of his lay-on-hands. They were both alive.

He looked to the Captain, "You got a teleportation circle to cast?" He shook his head but she nodded, "Stay with these two I am going down. Take them to the church when the Elder arrives."

He ran into his men on the way up. "Two dead orcs search the bodies, give everything you find down to their short clothes to the Captain. Tell the Duchess once again I saved her ass. ELDER! They are going to be teleporting them to the church to get checked out. Like your grandson they are stable."

He came rushing up the stairs past the men, "I don't know if I should kiss you or punch you. They wanted YOU DEAD!"

Travious nodded, "I will settle this. I am sorry. I will be out of the village and in town very soon."

He nodded, "Thank you for that."

Travious grabbed his arm, "I am having my apprentices move in they have some light healing capability so they can help. They are also good in a fight."

He nodded. He went up and Travious went down and out. "Captain. There are two more bodies between here and Silent falls get them all together and burned."

He nodded and smiled. Travious went outside, He saw a crowd gathering, "Everyone is alright. They are being taken to the church for minor injuries. We have orcs in the area. A small band. I have killed three and the casters killed the fourth. Two of mine are between here and Silent Falls.

If you wish to help with the collecting and burning of the bodied stick around. Else work as a village and family. Check your homes to make sure there are no more. Use your security forces."

He walked over to the girl who cleans his house, "Leria, did you clean already?"

Leria nodded, "You got married last night! That pot was FULL of seed!"

He smiled, "Not all of it."

Leria nodded, "Saw it in the tub too, and across the bedspread!"

He laughed, "Not what I meant. She is pregnant now, two sets of twins."

Leria laughed, "I am surprised it is not 12 sets! I had my mother come over, and she got a couple of other ladies including your mother-in-law who was in complete shock."

Travious sighed, "Thanks for the discretion."

She giggled as she went off. "Unta" All three horses were following him now as he walked to the house. He walked inside and grabbed a few items. The other set of tack and saddle up her other horse. He stripped the saddle off of Shi'Drakon and saddled up Straka. He went back upstairs and saw a note to his wife, he opened it.

"What the fuck did he do to you? Have all the Gray Blades come in and take turns with you!? I want to see you!"

Mother!

He grabbed the bag of toys that looked undisturbed, took out the cock ring, and put it in a pocket. He saw the bottle of lube with another note.

HE DIDN'T!?

Mother

He hung onto it.

He got up on his horse, "Straka Biana"

Followed by "Unta." All three horses followed him over to his mother-in-law's house. He stayed on his horse and knocked on her door with the end of his sword. She answered the door. He glared at her, "I know you are psionic and no your daughter did not tell me. I have relatives who are as well. Thanks to Annette, one of my grandfather's 'First 6 wives.'

He was a Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian. Like I am. He started with a pair of twins. Once his holy symbol got fused into chest his sex drive more than doubled. My mother ensured I did not have that fate. She got a weaker version of the item, an amulet of health, and added poison immunity to it. As such I am not the stud my Grandfather was.

He could go 30 times before going soft. There was only one cock in that room last night. We had a very good night together. Followed by me saving a boy who got struck by a poison bolt. Then I chased down 2 orc assassins and helped to kill a third while two casters killed the fourth one just a few minutes ago. I bring that last part up because of this. Thanks to that amulet, I also have the ability to delay poison.

That is why they are alive. I can also heal thanks to my paladin abilities. Before you ask, I have known since your daughter was 50 and she talked to you about me. You tried to use mind control on me, My sword blocks mind control and it let me know what you were trying to do. To stay away from your daughter and break our engagement. It turned into a daily event after I proposed to her. Let me wrap this up for you. Your daughter is now pregnant with two sets of twins!"

He tossed her the opened but sealed bottle of lube. "Your daughter is now in charge of the Inn and general store. The Silvertree family owns them. If you want to ask her about it, ride into town. You might need that to get the stick out of your ass first."

Straka Filarna." Followed by, "Unta!" He left her standing there with her mouth open and a bottle of lube in her hand as he rode out at double speed. He sheathed his sword.

The sword laughed, "I wish I had eyes to see the look on her face. What they say of your great-grandfather was true. Though that number increased over the years to 40 or more. He only pushed it once in a 24-hours period with Eagle-eye and she got it 64 times. Based on your numbers and how long you have had it might go up a few more or it may have hit the peak.

I only remember Eldar's father after the cleansing. But not in detail. Eldar and your father were different but the same in some ways. Good men, both of them. Not perfect but very good."

Travious sighed "Karti'Ros I have never been so upset by an invasion of privacy like that."

The sword chuckled, "Your father walked in on Silver Moon and her 'boy toy' having sex on his bunk. That was a blowout argument. They came to have a good relationship over time.

Your father recovered Silver Moon's body and sword before they sunk in the ocean, just as Eldar did with a prophecy to get her returned. Based on what was said at the wedding two blade holders will die and the blades will return. This time I hope you are one of the ones who make it back."

Travious sighed, "Run the list for me again. I want to rethink my options."

Karti'Ros, "Intelligence, telepathic and the Moon Fire. Built into the blade at the beginning and unchangeable. Summon to either hand, immunity to mind control, and immunity to electric All locked by the gods or a former wielder. Danger warning dream and telepathic warning. Orc, ogre, Drow, undead, and evil dragon bane. Fire immunity. Also, the God ability added which I do not have access to and cannot confirm.

I had two wielders since this has happened and they each thought something different. The first thought was precise strike ability, and your father thought it was something that amplified spell damage. I wonder if the ability does not reflect what the current wielder needs?"

Travious laughed, "If the God ability did that, I hope it is for longer life, like centuries longer. I know 'in battle' I suspect. I have only killed those three orcs and I have not noticed it yet. The danger telepathic...are the dream and telepathic all that different? Does the telepathic not work if you are not awake?"

He heard laughter from the sword, "Maybe it is because you are the first non-arcane. I suspect that one saw and added a dream warning to wake them. Then another added telepathically because that, correctly, is better. They overlap."

He smiled, "Does that mean since I have cut the head off a foe, I could add vorpal to the weapon?"

Karti'Ros responded, "No. Vorpal is not allowed. The fear was the wielder could easily fumble the weapon and the sword would take your head. Neither are ranged spells."

He sighed, "Well I know which ability to replace, based on what you are telling me I could do a teleportation circle centered on the blade when activated?"

Karti'Ros, "Yes that would be allowed. I shall set that as your request for now."

He smiled, "Thank you, Karti'Ros."

Karti'Ros, "You are welcome wise Knight Paladin."

Melia came walking up to him, "That took a while."

He nodded, "Organizing a rescue, killing another Orc. Two were held hostage at the Elder's home. The casters got the other one. Then telling the Elder we would be leaving town because they are hunting me. Then dealing with the fallout of the cleaning girl Leria parading half the women through the house including your mother. Oh, my sword said that twelve could turn into 15 down the road or more."

Melia glared, "I am trying to decide which is worse, the orcs, my mother, or trying to do 15 alone? I think the orcs."

He chuckled and whispered to her, "I also told her that I knew she was psionic. She kept trying to push me away from you since you were 50. I knew every time she attempted it. Hundreds of times. Every day for the last year she tried to get me to end our engagement. She made a comment about the bottle of lube in a note.

I gave her the bottle. I told her if she wanted to talk with you, she should ride here and see you. She might want to use the lube to get the stick out of her ass first before getting on her horse."

Melia looked at him and was furious, "TIE! Except I want to target her while you go after the orcs!"

She looked at Travious, "Yes I have some ability."

He nodded, "As does my uncle and a couple of others. That does not scare me."

She sighed, "I was worried about how to tell you, but you knew?"

Travious smiled, "I suspected you read my emotions. I do not know if this is the right place. Hop on your horse. We need to get over to Dutchess Zaria."

They took the short ride inside. The Captain was out in the yard talking with the Duchess. He rode in and waited for them to finish his report of the bodies being burned by the locals.

He saw Travious finally, "What in the hells did you shoot that orc with? I know a bow!"

Travious pulled out the bow and Zaria laughed, "That had to leave a hell of a hole!"

Travious nodded. The Captain looked at her, "You know it?"

She nodded, "The druids hate it! My father had it built. It is the first Silvertree bow crafted for the Gray Blades, crafted for my father Eldar."

Travious pulled out an arrow, "Give me a disposable target. Even my apprentices never witnessed me using this bow."

She looked and rolled a three-foot-wide tree trunk out. He got down, drew the bow as the whole Keep watched. He aimed about six inches above center and fired. The aftermath of an eight-inch hole about a foot deep angled downward. "Fireball that is molten metal, lava, shot into the heart of the target. My grandfather killed a twelve-hundred-pound grizzly by shooting it into his mouth.

When it turned trying to knock the arrow out of its mouth he shot it in the heart, close enough anyway. It was in the journal."

She nodded, "He told us about it. In fact, that grizzly's head is on the wall over the bar. The seven by seven he shot in the dark at over a hundred feet straight is across from the bar. One arrow frontal shot. His god senses as he put them.

He could hear for some distance. He looked into a person's soul and knew things that would happen to them in the future. Like what he did to Jarron. Finding out my former apprentice and his sister are his children. I am glad your father finally convinced him to talk to his children. They were understanding."

Travious put the bow away, "I do not strap it on unless I am in the field for something. Which occurred today. I am specialized in the elven longbow just as the elven long sword.

I trained with the wood elves with the bow. I tried the bow once on the target range, was told never again."

The Duchess laughed, "They gave me a rash of shit about destroying that target. They were judging who could get closest to center and he was like fourteenth in line. Burned up the target and the arrows sticking in it."

Travious nodded, "I was actually last. There were 20 ahead of me. They pretty much had the center blocked with crisscrossing shafts over the center. I saw the master bow smith chuckling when I pulled the bow out. I guess he knew what it could do. He had his apprentices stop working for my shot."

1...34567...26