All Comments on 'Single Ticket'

by SabrinaGLangton

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

I'm one of your followers and I love most of your stories but this one I found to be slightly on the pathetic side. As in Chambers "pathetic".

Still love your tales and empathize with your protagonists situation, it's just that this one didn't quite hit the mark for me.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, JusteenK for commenting, I wanted to write something different, about a trans girl who thought she was in a relationship, but she was just friends with her past lover. She was disillusioned, she was hanging around with the wrong people, and her past was a little better than her present. Even in the end, I think she still might not have made the right decision, she was just comfortable with the boyfriend from her past. Linda and Jaime were treating her as a 'woman,' even setting her up with a job, setting up her new room and life, but she didn't really understand it. She took everything they did the wrong way and I think she didn't tell us everything. Still 'One Ticket' to a play or musical that's kinda mean, lol. Thanks for reading...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I found this to be so emotional and so real. It brought up feelings and memories that hurt but that is because it is so relatable on many levels. The characters were perfect and I was thrilled that Sabrina finally understood that Jaime got her in so many different ways where Linda just thinks of Linda. Thank you for giving me something to cry over, it was deeply needed.

Angela_HAngela_Habout 2 years ago

I loved your story, not least because it had a happy ending - I'm a complete sucker for a happy ending - but because I lived and breathed with the characters. They didn't exist just on paper, they could have been friends or acquaintances, relatives even, and they became real as I read. I'm a TV, long in the tooth now, and was never in a position (for all sorts of reasons) where I could be all that I would have wished, but it hasn't all been bad, and I have enjoyed what I have had. I am so thankful that life has become so much better for anyone who is, in any way, 'different', and my only wish is that I could have been born in this era, rather than 80 years ago.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous, for commenting. It wasn't until the very end that Sabrina realized how important Jamie was to both of them. Once she stopped looking at Linda as a lover and looked at her as a friend all the pieces came together. Thanks for reading... Oh, and there is nothing like a good cry...

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Angela_H, for commenting. Personally, I need a happy ending, things have to be better at the end than how they started. Here's hoping we all come back as Supermodels with great hair in our next life... Thanks for reading...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just sat down to browse and ended up engrossed. I loved Sabrina’s character arc and and it was so rewarding when she was able to be so strong and mature at the end. Love that girl!

Thank you!!

FastreidyFastreidyalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story although Linda need to be better explained. My CD side is only interested in male on female relationships but if this is your bag so be it

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Fastreidy for commenting. I think Linda was somewhat of a mystery even to Sabrina. Linda and Jaime had history, they were obviously in love. Sabrina was probably more of a project to her than a real partner. Sabrina was too inexperienced to realize this, thinking they were ignoring her when they were just getting on with their relationship. In the end, she realizes they were helping her move on in their own way. Thanks for reading...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSabrinaGLangton@SabrinaGLangton
Summer is over... back to regularly scheduled programming Hi, Sabrina here, I love to answer questions or comments from anyone interested in my writing, so send me messages. I want to feel like I am involved. I really don't know how to describe myself. I am transgender, mat...