Sir, A Moment of Your Time Ch. 02

Story Info
Kim starts working for Mr. Black. Alan leaves for Chicago.
23k words
4.21
3.7k
6

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/23/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2 - Filling the Position

"This is a mistake", I kept thinking as the cab approached Kirch Enterprises where Alan worked and where I was expected to be interviewed by his boss.

"Why did I say yes? I don't know anything about being a secretary or assistant. This is going to be a waste of his time and an embarrassment for me." I thought in a panic.

The cab pulled up to the office and I took a deep breath to steady myself.

"We can use the money if he says yes and if says no then at least I can tell Alan I tried." I thought to myself already preparing an excuse. I had been feeling guilty the last few months as my contribution from building websites hadn't been paying off.

Truthfully, I was nervous about not being dressed well enough to work in a professional environment. But more than that, I was afraid that men would stare at me and that my body would put impure thoughts in their minds. I grew up in a small town and my parents helped me to understand it was my responsibility to hide my body to help prevent men from having impure lustful thoughts. This was quite a challenge for me in my teenage years as nothing seemed to fit and my ass or breasts seemed to draw every male eye for miles. Once they caught sight of me all they wanted was to grab my ass or grope my boobs. As the boys got older and bolder, the comments and suggestions got lewder and cruder. My mother told me it was just a curse of genetics and as such my duty was to keep the boys and men from lusting after me, hiding those assets and saving myself for marriage. My father believed only lewd women showed off their bodies and then to manipulate men and that no daughter of his would behave in such a manner.

I tried to rationalize and reassure myself. "Alan works with more mature men and women that are professionals. It will be different."

I paid the cab driver and stepped onto the sidewalk heading towards the double doors of the large office building. Once inside, I panicked again. I saw a bank of three elevators and a wall directory. I had never been inside; I didn't even think to ask where I'm going. I hadn't even seen Alan's office.

"What the hell? Where was the office?" I thought. Looking at the directory I saw Kirch Enterprises occupied floors 7 through 12.

"Which floor was I supposed to go to? Oh my God. Alan didn't say, and I didn't ask." I thought as I looked at my phone to see the time. I still had ten minutes.

"I'll just give Alan a call." I considered.

Moving to the contacts on my phone, I heard the elevator door make a dinging sound and the doors opened.

"Mrs. Kimberly Jeffries?," a tall man with short dark hair in a sharp suit asked.

"Um, yes. Call me Kim." I replied hesitantly.

"Justin Black" he answered and extended his hand to shake.

I shook his hand, surprised that he was meeting me in the foyer of the building. The handshake was firm and steady.

"If you'll come with me, we can talk in my office." Justin offered.

He pressed the button for the elevator which opened at once, and inside signaled the car to the 11th floor. He had a relaxed aura of confidence and authority about him that was intriguing. I was already impressed that his eyes didn't linger on my assets like so many men would.

"Did you didn't have any trouble finding the place?" he asked in obvious small talk.

"No, I've dropped Alan off a few times when I needed the car. But to be honest, I've never been inside." I answered.

"That's right, we missed you and Alan at our Christmas Party last year. We needed some extra hands with an audit last year, and I believe your husband stepped up to help us at the cost of you both missing our Christmas Party. I'm sorry about the timing on that, but very grateful that your husband was able to step up." He said, sounding genuinely apologetic and appreciative.

"I told Alan to volunteer for the overtime because I didn't want to be stared at by his coworkers and the overtime was a great excuse. Ironically, now I'm asking if I can work here." I mused. "Maybe this won't be that bad, Mr. Black isn't staring at me."

The door opened and Mr. Black led me through the building to his corner office, talking to me along the way.

"How did you and Alan meet?" he asked.

Answering him, "Alan and I met in our high school tutoring program as tutors. We dated for a few months and then I followed him when he went to college."

I didn't tell him that he was the only guy that seemed interested in me more than the size of my boobs and swell of my ass.

He then asked, "What kind of work have you done before?"

"I've built some websites as an independent contractor, but that's been a little slow of late." I explained as I thought of any other answers, I might give him. I quickly determined not to include my attempt to teach yoga and Pilates. I couldn't imagine anyone but Alan seeing me in yoga pants.

Then Mr. Black asked me, "What do you know about Kirch Enterprises?"

I was stunned for a moment because I'm normally so prepared for everything, but I never asked Alan what his company did. I never took a minute to look it up or anything. I felt so small and insignificant.

"No. I know he works with money and validates expenses, but I guess I never really asked beyond that." I said disappointed in myself.

"It's alright. We're essentially a merchandising business except we have a few product lines that we also manufacture. We have retail and online sales, manufacturing, and then our own warehousing and distribution network." He explained in a measured, practiced manner. He'd probably told a hundred people that short blurb about this company I realized.

"That sounds complex. You must be running some of that from other locations?" I asked curiously. There was no way all of that was running from this building. It was big but the scope of things he was talking about seemed to require something much bigger.

"Yes and no. This is the company headquarters and so we manage operations and strategy here. This is also where we have our legal, finance, and web development teams. Our warehouses and distribution networks are managed from our Oklahoma City office with hubs around the world. Our product lines are manufactured from locations around the world including several here in the states, like Detroit where we are sending Alan next week." He elaborated.

"That makes more sense. You would need a bigger office building if it was all here." I told him with a laugh. He was easy to talk to, and even though it was obvious I didn't know anything, he didn't make me feel stupid.

"True," he said with a chuckle.

We had reached his office and he invited me inside. I saw the nameplate on his door, 'Justin Black, Director of Strategy and Marketing'. The office area clearly designated for an assistant was stacked with piles of paper, boxes of stuff, and seemed overrun. It was evident that whoever his assistant was, she had been out for a while.

I stepped into his large corner office. The room was insanely big with a big desk near the door, and a large area behind the desk with couches and coffee table overlooking downtown Jacksonville through floor to ceiling windows. I would guess that his office had the same size footprint as the first floor of our home. There was a side door within his office I guessed could be a closet but was more likely a private restroom.

After I had stepped inside, Mr. Black added, "We do pretty well, though. The finance team, which includes your husband, predicts that we will hit 32 billion by the end of the year in net profits."

I felt him watch my reaction as my brain processed the numbers. I was flabbergasted. I had no idea they were that big or that the company was working around the world. There was no way I could work for a company that big, or for someone whose role was that important. Slowing down, I rationalized that I needed to figure out what he wanted and if I could do it before asking for the job. Alan and I needed the money, but I wasn't sure anymore.

"What are you looking for in your office assistant? Or more to the point, what would I be doing if I accepted the job." I asked with more confidence than I felt.

Mr. Black seemed taken aback at first. He paused for a moment and gathered his thoughts before he answered.

"My assistant would be responsible for keeping my schedule and appointments organized. They would need to attach any notes I have to their appointments for me to review prior to a meeting. They may at times be required to schedule and reschedule appointments, take notes in meetings that I attend, and other small tasks to help me in my job duties like set up a conference room or send an email on my behalf."

That didn't seem too bad and all that I figured I could probably do. I then remembered the mountain of papers and stuff on his assistant's desk as we had walked into his office and Alan's comment that he was or had been without an assistant for a bit.

"Okay, I'll take the job. I know I'm probably not the most qualified, but I can do the things you're asking, and I am organized. It seems that being without an assistant has left you with quite the mess just outside your office of things that aren't getting done. I can be here every day until your assistant returns from her maternity leave." I told him.

Again, he seemed taken aback, maybe he didn't expect me to be the one leading the conversation at this point. I was always more forward when I was nervous. I think I learned to be direct from my dad. Alan had told me it wasn't my best quality.

I waited for a moment for him to laugh and tell me that 'I was being presumptuous', or that 'he'd let me know', or something to blow me off. He watched me, his eyes seeming to look deeply into mine gauging something as his mind twirled away.

"Ok, I accept your offer. How about full time at $13 an hour?" he said.

I was pleased and shocked that he was giving me the job but countered, "Mr. Black, that may seem fair to you considering my lack of experience. But considering how hard I'll have to work to clean that area outside your desk, organize things, and keep your appointments and emails like you asked, I think that is nearly the job of two people. Wouldn't a wage of 16 dollars an hour be more appropriate?"

He smiled at me, "It would be. Are you sure you haven't done any sales or marketing work before?"

I laughed and told him, "No sir, but I do have two older brothers, and I learned from them and my running my business that you never take the first thing you're given."

"Okay, $16 dollars it is. When can you start?"

I had brought all the documents I needed to get started that day. "I can start today if you'd like."

Mr. Black shook my hand and told me, "You are full of surprises, Mrs. Jeffries."

He walked me down to HR and I was able to get all the paperwork filled out. The only thing that surprised me was they required a background check and a non-disclosure agreement. The background check was explained as a legal requirement to address liability to the company. The non-disclosure was similar in that I would be working closely with Mr. Black including going to sensitive business meetings with him, reading and working in his email, managing his calendar including appointments, and client notes. It made sense, and so I signed it. It was odd to me that I would know things about the company that my husband Alan wouldn't.

The next day, Friday, I spent most of the day learning what I needed to do and to cleaning up Mr. Black's assistant's desk. Correction, my desk. I had met a few of the other assistants throughout the day. Mr. Black had established a daily meeting to see if I had any questions about my work specifically, and to come up to speed with the business needs and clients.

When Alan came to my desk at the end of the day, I was ready to go home. I took his arm and we walked to the elevator.

"How was your day?" I asked.

By the time we had walked to our car, Alan had told me he was ready for his trip.

"I got all the research done. The forms I'll need are pre filled out. I know who my contacts are and what documents I'll need from them and where they are and what they should look like. I feel pretty good about this babe." Alan said much more confident than he was that afternoon.

We headed home and I started making dinner. I had some ideas on what I wanted to make but settled on something easy for tonight, making a quick potato soup with a variety of vegetables and a few bits of ham. I knew Alan loved to have something with meat in every meal.

I was going to miss him like crazy next week and thought about making Sunday a real special day for him.

"Hey love, why don't you go and get us a movie to watch. I wouldn't mind a romantic comedy." I suggested.

More than anything I just wanted to snuggle up to Alan and hold in as much of him as I could before he had to go.

By the time he returned, I had the tv trays in the living room with bowls filled. He got the movie situation going and I sat down on the couch. I scooted much closer to him, when he sat down, and started to lean against his shoulder while he ate.

"Are you going to miss me?" he teased me.

"I'm already sad that you're leaving on Monday." I pouted.

Relenting, I added, "I know it's good for you and that it will be good for us, but I hate being away from you."

"You know I've heard that some of the senior accountants take their wives with them on some of the trips they go on. They hang out together in the evenings when the work for the day is done. Maybe we can do that?" He suggested.

"Maybe. It would be nice to see new places with you." I replied non committedly.

We watched the movie and while I thought it was funny in parts, I'd probably not watch it again. By the climax, I was fully slumped up against Alan with my head resting on his shoulder. I had been lazily tracing my fingers across his arm for the last thirty minutes of the movie. When the credits started rolling, I concluded Alan must be sleeping. He didn't even laugh for the comic climax. I looked at his face and thought I was pretty lucky to have found someone that I could so easily love. I wondered what our kids would look like.

Gently waking him I lovingly directed, "Come on love, let's go to bed."

He slowly stirred and followed me upstairs. I put on my favorite nightgown and after brushing my teeth, waited for Alan to come to bed. He wasn't too long after wearing his typical boxes and tank top. After he got in bed, I pulled his arm around me and held it tight. Neither of us had energy for sex tonight but I wanted it. My body was horny, and I wanted Alan to fill my needy pussy.

As tired as I was, I couldn't fall asleep. My mind was processing everything all at once and seemed to be on overload. I moved my husband's hand to cup my breast and wiggled my butt into his groin.

"Come on little buddy, wake up." I thought.

I'd felt Alan get hard in the middle of the night dozens of times. Maybe tonight he would get his fantasy of waking up to me initiating.

I was never really comfortable initiating, let alone asking for sex from Alan and I didn't know why. It was just one of those things that guys were supposed to do. But tonight, I really needed it. Helping him want it wasn't the same as asking for it? Was it?

I squirmed and wiggled against him softly teasing his dick with my ass. His thumb caught hold of my nipple and for a moment the fingers of his hand reflexively squeezed.

"Oh My God." I gasped while Alan slept.

The motion wasn't getting him any harder but now that need in my core was a smoldering flame. Taking his hand holding my breast in my hand, I gently squeezed. My other hand reached down between my legs. I was still rubbing my ass against him, but now I was stroking my own slick lips. My fingertips rubbed against my clit gently at first.

I didn't masturbate often and had never done it with Alan asleep in the bed next to me. My nipples were stiffening as I felt myself getting hotter and wetter. I was taking deep breaths now, my fingers stroking that little flame into a full-blown blaze. Alan's hands were still beneath mine, and I gently pinched then pulled on my nipple. It was delightfully wicked to be getting off right next to Alan. He was a part of this and yet wasn't.

Alan's hand reflexively squeezed against my captured nipple harder than I was doing it and that needy ache was replaced with a sweet wash of intense pleasure for a moment. But Alan's fingers weren't relaxing. Then it started hurting as he continued to squeeze in his sleep.

"Ow... Ow.. Ow.." I cried out getting louder each utterance and working to free my sensitive nub from his grip.

Once freed, Alan just rolled over blissfully unaware. I sat up holding my now sore breast.

"That's going to bruise." I felt the pain still radiating.

Not even get a twitch from his dick. I was so close and now I felt robbed.

"You can't even depend on a man's dick." I thought moodily. "They always expect us to be in the mood. Wet and ready to go." I sighed as I laid back down and tried to sleep. Finally, I managed to fall asleep in exhaustion a few hours later.

On Saturday, Alan started his packing and took some time to play some computer games. I spend most of the morning shopping for some inexpensive outfits appropriate for work. I only had two or three things in my closet that I thought might work. I bought a few groceries and thinking of Alan decided to get him a few going away gifts to show my support.

I made one of his favorite dinners that night. After the smell of it wafted through the house, my husband poked his head into the kitchen, "Hey beautiful, are you making your marinated steaks?"

I nodded.

He gave me a sweet kiss and told me, "Thank you. I love these steaks."

I told him, "I know you do." I smiled back at him, kissing him quickly then reaching for the plates as the steaks were nearly done.

"Do you want to get the silverware?" I asked.

"Sure. Are we eating at the kitchen table, backyard, or living room?" he asked, trying to figure out what I had in mind.

"I think backyard. Would you turn the fire pit on?" I told him.

Our little house wasn't much. Split level house with two bedrooms upstairs, attached garage, living room and kitchen on the main floor. We did have a nice backyard with privacy fences to screen out the neighbors. In our backyard we had a couple of comfortable lounge chairs my mother had shipped to us for Christmas last year and a gas fire pit that we'd bought.

"We can sit by the fire, have dinner, talk and watch the stars." I told him. I wanted to make love tonight and thought it would help me get in the mood.

Alan nodded. "Sounds good babe," and walked outside.

A few moments later, he came back in and asked me, "What do you want to drink?"

"I'm good with water and some ice, but you can have whatever you'd like. I picked up a six pack of beer. I'm not sure how cold it is." I told him while adding some butter and a dash of salt to the broccoli.

I took the plates of food and headed to our backyard. Alan held the door open for me and followed. He had lit our fireplace and set up the tv trays on the loungers like I'd asked him. I put our plates on their trays and then sat down. Alan came out a few moments later with my water and bottle of beer I'd bought him earlier that day. I felt bad for a moment, we hadn't had money to buy him the beer he likes for a few months. To be honest, we had both made sacrifices.

We sat and ate in relative silence. Relative because I could still hear the cars from the freeway a few blocks away, the neighbor's tv that was always playing loudly, and there was always the hum of living in the city.