Sir, A Moment of Your Time Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What's wrong?" he asked, standing up and stepping towards me.

I sobbed, "We got the email from the investigator for Alan. There has to be a mistake."

He sat back down and opened the message.

"This is serious, Kimberly." He said somberly.

"Alan didn't embezzle any money, I would know. I pay the bills and give him his spending money. He can be clueless at times, but he wouldn't steal I know that."

"I believe you. But I'll have to report this. He will be placed on administrative leave. The directors will convene a special meeting and we'll investigate the issue. Then, if there is cause, we'll decide if we dismiss him and if we need to pursue any legal activity."

"Sir, isn't there something you could do? Maybe you could look into it before reporting him. Once you report it, no one here will think he is innocent."

"Kimberly, you're asking me to break policy, and potentially risk appearing complicit in whatever your husband may have done."

"Sir, I would do anything for him. AND yes, I know what that means."

"Alright, I'm not going to ask that of you. I'll look into it, but you're going to have to cut your weekend with Alan short and go with me tomorrow to DC for a work trip. We should be back Sunday morning. It's not what you might be thinking, as tempting as that is. I'm presenting at this year's East Coast Sales MVP Gala, and I don't have a date. If I show up stag, I'll be hounded by desperate sales flunkies all night. So, if you're willing, go book yourself a room at the hotel I'm staying at, you can fly with me on the company jet. I'll check into Alan's accounts Monday morning. Does that work?"

"Yes." I said not even pausing to think about it.

I thought about how I was going to explain this to Alan and realized I didn't know some important details. "When do we have to leave, and what should I pack?"

"I'll have a company car pick you up at noon. Just pack an overnight bag, comfortable clothes, whatever makeup, and jewelry you need. We will be back about noon on Sunday."

"I'm not sure how fancy of a dress I need."

He nodded and pulled up contact on his phone. He typed in a quick text to which my phone dinged, and I saw I was one of the recipients.

"I'm bringing my assistant up to the Gala, would you have a dress in her size ready for her tomorrow? Something classy, modest, in navy or soft blue." It read.

A moment later a reply appeared, "I have a few ideas, could you provide me with a size to work with? Will she have time to come in for a fitting?"

He responded, "I'll have her send her size. We'll be up there at 330, you can have her for an hour, but the Gala starts at 730."

"That will work. I'll take care of it." The other party replied.

I texted, "I'm normally a size 8, but it depends." I looked embarrassed at Mr. Black and then continued typing, "I'm 5'6, 35-27-34 are my measurements."

"Thank you for looking into this thing with Alan, I know he didn't do anything. And thank you for being a gentleman about it." I told him sincerely.

"I understand Kim. One more thing." He paused, "You can't tell anyone about that email, not even Alan, or all of us could be looking for new jobs."

"I understand." Acknowledging his concern.

"Fuck! Now what was I going to tell Alan." I wondered.