Sparrows Need Engineers Ch. 03: Lost

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Knowing you'd go back home, with more mechanical experience, and he'd go home to an urn of his pets ashes and an empty home.

I've also been the one who couldn't grasp what my own feelings were and in turn fled, never giving a reason why. Just leaving. I had a partner tell me they would uproot everything to be where I was, to leave their life and goals behind to be in my life.

And I didn't know how to handle it, I shut down, made them sleep on the couch and then go home and never reached out again. I would sit and wonder why I did that, at the time I had no idea why. But looking back now, I think I just wasn't able to grasp the thought of my life changing like that. A change that I could undertake myself, not one forced upon me by the military.

I'm not trying to be a sad sap and make you pity me, I want you to think of the story with my input now. I want you, the reader, to be able to connect and see it through both sets of eyes and understand, if only a little.

Someone who is used to moving on and having worlds begin and end.

Someone who has never been through that and doesn't understand why they were left behind.