Speed Dating

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"See Bern, that's where we're different. I don't care what happened between you and Michelle. We're nothing to each other. But you and Kelly are. And now you're getting married. So, we should do each other a favor and never, ever, talk about it again."

"Understood," Bernie said as he held out his hand to me.

*****

Bernie and Kelly's wedding was an afternoon affair. It was a small event. Mostly family and friends.

Ben and I wore matching suits. He was excited when he saw all the kids who had gone to the cottage with us. Sarah and Tiff had him sit between them at dinner so they could keep and eye on him.

"You look very nice," I said truthfully.

Michelle stood next to me in a dark green dress that was mid-thigh short. Her matching shoes were high heels, giving her legs a very toned look. All of this was complimented by the way her hair was done and the smell of her perfume.

"It's your job to say that. A best man's duties are to lie so women feel good about themselves."

"Well, I guess I'm fired, because you know I don't lie."

I had seen Michelle one other time since our night at the bar. It was at a get together for our friends. Not an official party, rather a pre-wedding dinner. Like tonight, she looked great then also. On that night, we stayed clear of one another, but tonight, she broke the ice.

"Yeah, I remember. A no nonsense, big strong man, with a very tough exterior."

"Nope. Soft as a kitten. And everyone knows the 'no nonsense' part is also bullshit."

"So, I'm told."

"By whom? Give me a name. I might have to kill whoever it is to stop them from spreading it around."

"Millie. She told me about how many weekends she has stayed with you and Ben, while Bernie was away planning for today."

The lights dimmed and the DJ introduced the new couple. They danced to a slow song I had never heard before, while everybody else lined the floor to see the bride and groom.

"They look good together."

I nodded in agreement.

Kelly faced us as she danced. Giving Michelle a "thumbs-up" gesture, she smiled and turned to follow Bernie's lead.

Michelle held her champagne glass in the air, made a silent toast and put the glass to her lips and swallowed the contents in one mouthful.

Looking at me, she spoke low enough, so only my ears could possibly hear it.

"Hard to believe, but here I am at my best friend's wedding, and the last person I had sex with is her new husband."

Almost spitting my entire drink on the floor, I tried to choke back a laugh. I failed miserably.

The song ended and other guests joined in on the dancing. Michelle held out her hand to me.

"I like this song. Be a friend and dance with me."

The material of her gown picked at my hand as it moved while I held the swaying hip it covered.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"Please tell me this dress feels better on the inside than it does on the outside. I mean, you look spectacular in it, but those fish scales are like sandpaper."

"Sequins. And thanks for the compliment."

Our dance turned into two. Back-to-back slow songs where neither of us walked away.

"What are you and Ben doing for Christmas?"

"Same as always. We go up to the cottage for the week. Hang out and eat chocolate chip waffles every morning. Play in the snow all afternoon. Cut down a small tree and decorate it. At night, we sit by the fire until we fall to sleep."

"Sounds like fun."

"It is. What about you and the girls?"

"Nothing. It's my year to have them, so I'm happy about that. But we'll probably end up staying fairly close to home."

The second dance ended. We moved out of the way so those with flailing arms could have some space to do their thing. And when I saw Michelle's smile as she looked over at the dance floor where her daughters danced with my son and the other kids, I surprised myself.

"Michelle, it's a big cottage. If you and the girls feel like you want to get away from the city, you're more than welcome to join us. We do a bunch of fun things outside. Like I said, we cut down a tree and decorate it and then warmup with some hot chocolate by the fireplace. And I'm not bragging, but I can cook a pretty good turkey."

"It's a very generous offer, and it sounds incredible, but considering how much you hate me, it might make it a bit uncomfortable. And...we...I...would never want to impose."

"It wouldn't be an imposition. And I think you know I don't hate you. What happened between us is ancient history. Think it over. Talk to the girls. Ben would very much enjoy their company." I pointed to the three smiling kids dancing to a song I had never heard. "Let me know or not. We'll be there either way. There's no rush or pressure. We'll understand if you don't. Like I said, we're going up anyway. You're more than welcome to join us."

"Throwing out an olive branch is a very nice gesture."

"No. No, it's not. If I didn't want you there, I would never extend an invitation. I'll text you the directions in case you get lost along the way."

"You didn't delete my number?"

"I thought about it."

An awkward silence seemed to take away from our early friendliness.

Michelle excused herself, and for a few minutes I assumed I was safe. But, when I replaced the drink I had earlier spit on the floor, Kelly was standing behind me.

"It's our turn to dance."

"Kel, I don't think it's a good idea."

Kelly looked at me and smiled. Leaning in she put her lip up to my ear, close enough so when she spoke, it rubbed against me, and her warm breath filled my ear canal.

"Come on. We once sucked each other off. I think we're safe to dance."

Yet another slow song. Apparently, the disc jockey liked to keep things moving at a low speed.

Holding her hand and her upper hip, the bride and I kept a good distance between us.

"You look great. I'm sincerely happy for both you and Bern."

"I know you are. That's why neither of us told him anything about our night together."

"I'm sure he is fully aware of what went on. He did the same thing with Michelle."

"Oh, but he didn't. Bernie was a good boy. He followed the rules. So did Michelle. It was only you and me who were bad boys and girls."

"Kelly, do you think it's appropriate, talking about what happened between us, at your wedding?"

"No, but I want to clear some things up."

"Like?"

"Like, Michelle and Bernie, both of them love you. And they also love me. So, when I suggested to do what we did. They declined, but I pouted and whined until I got my way. It almost cost me my best friend and my new husband, but, like always, I got my way. I fucking loved it, but I regret it, because of all the shit it caused."

"Nothing like kicking the hell out of my ego. You're the third person to tell they regret what happened at the cottage. I'm starting to get a complex."

"Ha. Ha. Oh, I promise it has nothing to do with you. What we did at the cottage was...well...let's just say, I'd fuck you in the coat room. But we both know and agree, nothing like that will ever happen again between us."

"Agreed. You're a very sexy lady. I'm sure you'll keep Bernie very happy, both in and out of the bedroom."

"Thank you. We are both glad you didn't disown us forever."

"Disown? Aren't we family? You're not supposed to disown your family."

"Yeah, well you aren't supposed to fuck family members either, but somehow, we ended up doing it. Didn't we?"

"Are brides supposed to swear so much?"

"Like I give a shit. Just smarten up. All three of us need you in our lives."

*****

Millie sent pictures of Kelly and Bernie's honeymoon slash Christmas vacation to Ben and me. The happy couple took Nathan and Millie along for the entire two weeks and from the pictures, it looked like they were having a good time.

With all the calls made beforehand to ensure the roads and driveway was plowed and passable, I headed to Lake Tahoe. The cottage was one of my favorite things in life. I enjoyed all the seasons there, but my parents hated winter and spent their cold months on a golf course in Cabo.

Ben's first request was a fire. When it was going to his satisfaction, he gathered up a blanket and his book and headed to the fireplace to watch the glowing ambers of the burning hardwood. That's how we spent the next twenty-four hours. Reading, playing, snacking, and sitting by the fire.

*****

The Subaru's headlights would have gone unnoticed had I not been at the kitchen sink. Looking at the microwave's clock I did some quick math in my head. Home from work, pack up the car, one, maybe two stops along the way. Yeah, ten-thirty seemed about right.

Sarah and Tiff were dead to the world in the backseat and the back of the station wagon was packed to the roof.

"Tell me what to grab and I'll carry it in."

"Everything in the back goes inside," Michelle instructed.

After three loads each, the car was turned off and she shook her daughters gently to let them know they had arrived. Our heartfelt greeting was short lived as the tired pair made their way upstairs.

"Would you mind if I had a shower? It's been a long day." Michelle was still dressed in her work clothes. She was probably dying to change.

"There's a big tub in the master. Use it if you'd like. There's lots of hot water if you recall so don't worry. I'll bring you up something to drink."

"Coffee?"

"With or without a kick?"

"Kick, please. But only a soft one."

I waited ten minutes and carried the Baileys laden mug of warm coffee up to her. The door to the master bathroom was closed, so I knocked before entering.

Foaming bubbles covered most of what I already knew was a fantastic body. Setting the mug on the wooden tub tray, I smiled at my soaking guest.

"How was your drive up?"

"Surprisingly good. The roads were clear and not much traffic. I really couldn't ask for better."

"Good. I'll see you when you come down." I walked to the door and put my hand on the handle to pull it closed, but instead, I stopped and turned back. "Michelle, I'm really glad you came."

I didn't wait for her to respond.

*****

The minutes seemed to drag by. Finishing the beer I had opened earlier in the evening, I took the empty bottle to the kitchen and from there, I heard the ping of an incoming text on my phone.

Can you help me?

Michelle had sent a text from somewhere upstairs.

When I opened the door to my room, any worry I had about her safety was put to rest.

Michelle was spread out on the top of the duvet covering the bed.

When I say spread out, I mean she was posed in a sexy, leaning back, hair tossed over the pillows, legs crossed with one knee bent, one arm on her hip, the other hugging the pillow beside her, kind of spread out. Her naturally tanned body looked incredible in brown lingerie and stockings.

"Jesus Christ. You look..."

"I stopped at Victoria's Secret on my lunch break today."

"Money well spent."

"Do you like it?"

"No, I love it." Taking a step towards the bed, I stopped. "Michelle, your daughters are just down the hall."

"And they're sleeping."

"Are we moving too fast again?"

"Too fast? I'm not sure about you, but I'm way overdue for this. Truthfully, I've been waiting for this moment since that debacle in the summer. If you're willing to put it behind us, I think the timing is perfect."

Her body shifted and her leg straightened enough to show me the lacy piece of cloth covering her most private of parts. Tracing every inch of her body with my eyes caused me to harden in my sleep pants.

"Do you have any other surprises up your sleeve that you plan to spring on me later?"

Her hands reached behind her back to unsnap the lacy bra, releasing the perfect pair of breasts I remembered from our summertime tryst.

"Look, no sleeves."

"Believe me, even if you were wearing sleeves, they would be the last thing I would be looking at."

Faking a blush, Michelle teased me by wrapping her arms over her breasts to remove them from my view. Watching the combination of her beauty and playfulness, I had an instant feeling of regret for the five months I had lost due to my own stubbornness and pride.

"Michele, be warned, if you stay the night in my bed, I'll want to do unspeakable things to you."

"What kind of 'unspeakable' things?"

"The kind of things that are so 'unspeakable', I may never let you leave this bed again."

"Do you promise?"

"I sure do."

"Then prove it to me."

Climbing onto the bed to be beside her, I touched the side of her flawless face and kissed her soft lips.

"Michelle, I'm so sorry about how I treated you."

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Then make it up to me, Jack."

"Show me how."

1...345678