Stranded Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Broke his nose and his cheekbone." Zeke announced proudly. Arioch patted the older man's cheek.

"You did good. Go on now and get some grub." Zeke wiped his nose on the back of his sleeve before jogging over to the buffet table.

"Come, dance with me wife." I set the doll down and he pulled me onto the dance floor before I could offer any protest.

"Focus on my movements, follow my feet."

"I remember how it's done." It was one of the dances we had done at our ceremony. If I let myself, just for a moment, I could almost convince myself it was romantic. A small part of me thought, maybe I should let go. Give in. Become one of the chosen and let their life envelope me completely. I mean, what really awaited me in the heathen world? Student debt? An ailing father, who probably had yet to notice I was even missing?

Living for the will of another sounded almost freeing. Why was I fighting so damn hard? Things would be easier for me if I gave in. And you're already partially trained, why not put in a little effort? Try to be good at it? With our bodies pressed so close together, I was able to rest my head on his shoulder, letting our bodies sway to the music. There was no snicker of triumph or conceded comment, instead I melted into him; everything but his arms and the sound of his heartbeat faded into the background. Until a shout interrupted us.

"Sammy!"

"Right on cue," he whispered. We turned to face Dale as his children parted for his arrival, Noah in tow. He cradled his broken wrist, jaw set rigidly but he refused to look up and make eye contact.

"Yes Uncle?"

"Care to explain this?" Arioch looked over Dale's shoulder than back at Dale.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Have I been accused of something? I could probably help set that if you'd like." Dale's eyes narrowed as he studied the man before him. There was a flicker of acknowledgement before he took a deep, calming breath, he knew it wasn't Sammy.

"No, he did not." Dale replied through clenched teeth.

"You can't honestly stand there telling me that it's just coincidence that my boys get their bell rung on the same night you show up!?"

"I doubt I am the only one here with a grievance, your boys do have a habit of wanting things that don't belong to them." He chose his words carefully, his eyes staring past his uncle and straight at his younger cousin. It didn't matter that Noah wasn't looking at his face, he could sense the glare that Arioch was sending his way. A frustrated Dale turned back to face his son.

"Now is your chance to speak up, boy!" Noah's lips pursed as he looked up.

"I told you already father, I fell, and Saul tripped. Cousin Sammy had nothing to do with it." There was a smirk of satisfaction across Arioch's face.

"Honestly Uncle, I'm starting to think you have it out for me. How many times must you accuse me of things I didn't do?" Whatever self-control Dale had left vanished as he lunged for the younger man. Arioch moved swiftly when Dale's fist came flying at him, but he couldn't dodge them all. While he clearly had ample opportunity, he never raised his fist to fight back. It was only when Arioch's face began to bleed did some of the older boys pull Dale away and into the house. Emily appeared, as though from thin air, and pulled Arioch to his feet, glancing around nervously.

"Please, you mustn't hold it against him. Losing the boys...it's been really hard on him. " Arioch held up his hand.

"I'm not gonna tattle to the conclave, he's probably just had a little too much to drink. Forget about it. However, I do think we are going to retire for the evening."

"Probably for the best anyways. I'll manage things here, which reminds me. We got another delivery. I'll have the details sent over tomorrow?" Arioch nodded then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the truck, stopping only long enough to grab my doll along the way; much to my chagrin. He pulled a handkerchief from his glove box, using it to wipe the blood from the corner of his mouth, and the little bit that trickled from the abrasion above his left eye. As the engine warmed, he inspected himself in the rearview mirror.

"Hope it helped." Arioch muttered before shoving the handkerchief into his pocket and backing out of the driveway.

"Is that why you let him hit you? To help him?" I demanded, surprised to find my voice a little shaky. I was upset. But why was I upset?

"Thought maybe it'd get it out of his system, yah."

"Well it's very apparent you didn't think of anything else," I snapped.

"Do you have a problem, wife?"

"You're a selfish asshole!" I snarled. He hit the brakes so hard I slid into the dashboard, cursing.

"Explain."

"Not once did you consider what would happen to me if Dale had hit you at the wrong angle... You say you want to keep me safe. But you have yet to demonstrate your ability to do so." He was all I had standing between and the rest of his family.

"You are correct, the thought did not cross my mind. I had complete confidence in what would occur, I have been observing my family long enough they're rather predictable. You must learn to trust me, to have faith that I know what I am doing and would not take such foolish risks when it comes to you or your safety." He was silent as he hit the gas. It wasn't until we were pulling back into his driveway that he even spoke again.

"And do not think for one second that your disrespectful tongue is going unpunished."