Summer Lightning Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This just kept on getting better. "Deal. I need to warm up first though."

She nodded sagely. "We all do. Come on, Summer Lightning. Show this old girl what you got. Welcome to 'Cottage Industry'. Stardom beckons, Summer and the first step towards it is through that door."

I followed her inside, my heart singing with joy at the thought of what the future might bring. There were no nerves, no second thoughts, no fleeting doubts. I was in and I was in deep.

Aspen and Phoenix almost broke their necks running down the stairs. Mallory put her arms around each of them and the three women stared at me expectantly, the dark-haired woman in the middle fully clothed, the blue-haired girl and the one with the white cornrows on each side of her as naked as the day they were born.

They asked me the same question in unison.

"Are you with us, Summer?"

I took a deep breath and almost screamed my response. "Yeah, I'm with you, Mallory, Aspen, Phoenix. I'm with you all the way. Just watch me, cuz I'm Summer Lightning and I'm gonna set the sky on fire!"

Fifteen -- Seize the Day

The room was hot and noisy, but I still heard someone call my name over the clamour. I turned to face a short, slightly chubby bespectacled woman of around thirty with a microphone in her hand. Next to her was a guy with a video camera.

"Summer, Miss Summer Lightning, any chance of a word please?" She sounded shrill as she tried to be heard above the noise.

Smiling I walked towards her. I had already done four interviews and the way things were going I'd be hoarse by the time we got to the after party. But I didn't mind. I was still buzzing from what had gone before.

She held out a hand. "Hi and thanks for coming over. You ok with doing a little piece to camera?"

I said I was fine and she counted us down from three. As I expected, she was bubbly, enthusiastic and a little over the top. "Hi guys, Cassidy Cole reporting for Babewatch.Com at the big awards bash. Now I've got the lovely, amazing and talented Summer Lightning with me. Say hi to all your fans, Summer!"

I gave the camera a cheery wave and told everyone I was glad to be speaking to them.

"Ok, so firstly, a huge, big, humungous congratulations on your award tonight. It was so well deserved. Best Girl/Girl scene -- Summer Lightning and PinkyBlue. How cool does that sound?"

I thanked her. "It's just so overwhelming. I still can't take it in. I'm so glad it was with one of my best friends." I glanced across the room and Aspen was also doing an interview, the award clutched in her tiny left hand. "She's an amazing little bundle of joy and I love working with her."

"Yeah, such a great scene. You just seem to bring the naughty best out of each other. And you were nominated in three other categories -- awe-some! Are you disappointed you only came away with one gong?"

"No, it was totally unexpected and such a thrill to be nominated at all. We're just stoked we won one and are still pinching ourselves. The other guys who won are totally awesome, so just to be named up there with them is a dream come true. I just hope I get to work with some of them real soon."

I had said the same thing to each interviewer but I felt I would never tire of saying the same thing over and over I was on such a high.

Cassidy went on, gushing into her mic. "So Summer, you've kinda come out of nowhere. For those that don't know much about you, how long have you been in the biz?"

"Oh about three years now."

"Wow, that long?"

"Yeah, I started out doing small scale stuff with some friends and we were happy doing that for a while, then things kinda grew and before we knew it..." I held my hands up and gazed around the room, still in disbelief. "Here we are!"

"So how did you get into it all?"

"Oh, I met a girl on vacation. She was in the next condo to me. I had never been with another girl and she was my first. I was so lucky cuz it turned out to be none other than the wonderful Phoenix Aflame. I guess we just hit it off, and the rest is history."

Cassidy grinned. "Lucky girl, Summer. She's so hot and she deserved her nomination for 'Most Outrageous Sex Scene.' So what happened at the condos? She just come onto you?"

"No, I came onto her, actually. Kinda glad I did. We're still together, so it must have been fate."

"So you're an item?"

"Well kinda. We've never said anything official, but we share a room and get it on as much off-screen as we do on it. We share clothes, guys, girls so I guess yeah, we're an item!"

"Oh that's so cool. You're both lucky girls, Summer. So what's next for our latest rising star then?"

"Well we've got our first full-length feature coming out soon. We got a deal with one of the big companies and we're making a kinda parody of Little Women, with all the costumes and accents and pretending we're all little ladies. 'Cept we're calling itDirty Little Women' and it's just so much fun. We're in the middle of shooting, and believe me, it is going to be soooo fucking dirty!"

Cassidy bounced on the spot. "Wow, sounds awesome! Who's in it?"

"Me, Phoenix, Aspen. Got a hot older lady in it too, Mallory Felder. She's totally amazing and she's gonna be the next big MILF star. We also got Scotty Brooks and a load of other really nice, hot guys. Believe me, it's a real cum bath. Seeing us naughty little girls in our old costumes vaping, talking dirty and fucking our brains out is like, Wow!"

"Can't wait to see it. I just hope Louisa M. Alcott doesn't turn in her grave!"

"I think she'll be spinning in it, Cassidy -- hopefully in joy!"

"Well good luck with it and thanks for talking, Summer. Next year, Best Leading Actress?"

"Ooh, be a stretch, but a girl can dream! And thanks, Cassidy, been a blast!"

"No problem." She turned to the camera. "I've been Cassidy Cole reporting for Babewatch.Com with the awesome Miss Summer Lightning."

She gave me a little wave and stared off over the crowd, already thinking ahead. "Oookay, where's Riley?"

I pushed my way through the throng, amazed at how many people congratulated me. Everyone was so nice and so supportive. There were people in that room that I had watched for years and I was utterly in awe of them. I was so pumped to be even mentioned in the same breath.

Aspen finished her interview and saw me approaching. She held the statuette over her head and waved it triumphantly. "Come on, let's grab a drink before anyone else wants a piece of us."

We walked over to the bar where Phoenix was already installed. We grabbed a beer each and touched them together. "Here's to the 'Cottage Industry' guys. Getting bigger and stronger every day."

I heard Mallory's dulcet tones behind me. "Indeed we are, Summer. I think that should be our company motto."

We met in a group hug. We were all in it together, despite the awards or the nominations. It was a team effort along with Scott, Kai, Rhode Island Red and all the new friends we had made and had worked with.

I couldn't wait to get back to Coldwater Bay and resume shooting our new project. I hadn't lied to Cassidy -- it really was a cum-fest and every scene we had shot so far surpassed the last. If we didn't win Best Movie next year, then I really would be disappointed.

But once more, that was for the future. There was a lot to happen before then and a lot of fun to be had.

I was going back to Coldwater Bay to make porn movies. I was an award winner, and I was having the time of my life.

Despite it all, I still missed working in the café. Maybe when my time was done and I was up for a lifetime achievement award, I'd buy a place and me and Phoenix could run it together.

It may not be as much fun as what we were doing now, but it would certainly beat doing a proper job.

In the meantime, the sky would burn ever brighter as Summer Lightning struck again and again.

*****

Author's Note

This story is set in the same 'universe' as my 2021 tale 'How Can I Persuade You?' That tale features the back story of Aspen, Mallory, Scott and Taylor and can be read totally standalone. I plan more stories from this canon in what I am coming to see as my 'New England' series but have no plans to make them chapters. They will all stand alone and reference other works as and when necessary.