All Comments on 'Switched Ch. 08 - Paper Doll'

by DickMarks

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Geromino91Geromino91over 3 years ago

better than i expected, plus a promise for 3-5 more chapters for book 3. good ballance of action scenes with story details. nice wind-up n pitch plus the hints to some entertaining chapters to come. have been looking forward to the continuation of this series, love what i've seen so far and look farward to what comes next.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago

Hey - I binge-read your series a few weeks ago, and realized I forgot to leave a comment on this most recent one!

I really, really do like what you're doing here, and I can't wait to see where you go with it. Just my two cents,, but:

The action parts are super fun, but don't forget the human elements too - this is still an enormous life upheaval for all our main characters, and this story has the potential to be SO much more than just a good action story.

Cheers, and I eagerly await the next chapter!

DickMarksDickMarksover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the kind words, @abiostudent3 . I appreciate the note about the emotional aspects.

LostDragonPrinceLostDragonPrinceover 3 years ago

I really enjoy the "joint world" shared by you and icedragonmo3. Reminds me of the old "Thieves World" stories from the 80's.

Wow. This story was such a roller coaster ride, I'm amazed that you didn't have Jessica tossing her cookies and shutting down for a couple of days. I've dealt with PTSD from a whole lot less, and considering that her whole "self" is a mental arrangement, I would think that it would be so much worse and serious for her.

Thank you for the great stories. It really helps push me, emotionally.

DickMarksDickMarksover 3 years agoAuthor

Hey! I've got more story material on the way. Thanks all of you for your comments.

I thought about about Jessica's trauma. I really want to do this justice. She'll deal with it more formally in later chapters, but one of the things that kept her from more trauma initially was her lifelong lack of an idea of 'self'. If anything, her challenging experience helped in that regard.

I'll admit, too, that one I've only ever experienced the slow burn type of trauma and not the sudden life changes on the scale that Jess went through. I need a beta reader with the right kind of experience, so if you're reading this and interested, message me.

I'm always available if anyone wants to talk. Life is too hard to go it alone. I love suggestions and while I won't guarantee I'll use them, I will definitely take them very seriously.

DickMarksDickMarksover 3 years agoAuthor

Oh! Forgot to mention it's not a shared world. There are just lots of similarities!

Lonely_PandaLonely_Pandaover 3 years ago
The future of this story

You mention a number of story ideas for this series. But no mention of Jess finally facing her father or the bitch who stole her original body. I'm going to be feeling really bummed and cheated if we don't get that closure before the curtain comes down.

Other than that, absolutely loving the ride! I am completely addicted to your bardic goodness.

DickMarksDickMarksover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks, @Lonely_Panda. Rest assured that there are plans for a reckoning with the father and the body swiper.

KotopoofsKotopoofsover 3 years ago

I loved it! Can't wait for more. An easy five stars.

ashdale123ashdale123almost 3 years ago

This should be published id pay for it.

dork42dork42about 2 years ago

So glad this is continuing! Keeping the threelationship going, getting to know her coworkers more and their group dynamic more with possible work romances/complications. Facing/showdown with dad/anti-variant forces. The toughest part may be when to end this most excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love this story. I have read the original part several times and I was so glad to find that you added more to Jessica's story. The only thing I can say is this: can you please ask your mind controlling squirrels to make you write more stories about Jessica Bryon and Tawney?

Of all of the stories I have read by the myriad of authors, those three are my most favorite characters of all.

Bigjohn3636Bigjohn3636about 1 year ago

Weeks turned into years, but the story is Awesome.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDickMarks@DickMarks
I write erotic fiction about people with super powers. Because let's face it: if you had powers, the last thing you'd do would be to put on a costume and fight bank robbers. Banks are insured! No, you'd use your powers to have better sex. Comments and messages are THE BES...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES