Teacher Makes a Difference

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let me think about this. I haven't seen or heard from her in nearly five years, since she went to live with her good for nothing father. I just know she wants something, that I might not be able to give her."

I told her I'd agree to whatever her choice was.

We waited until after lunch to see what was waiting for her at her mother's house.

Arriving, I let Anisha lead the way. Seeing her daughter, looking so much like her mother it was scary, but I knew right away her father was white. I could also feel the tension in the air.

"Aside from being 5 or 6 months along, what other trouble are you in?"

"Hello to you, too, mom."

"Do I want to know how you got from the Bay Area to here?"

"Just once, mom, give me some credit, why don't you."

"Are you in trouble with the law?"

"No."

"With bad guys?"

"Maybe."

"Dammit, you two, just stop this bickering," Mavis said, wanting her daughter and granddaughter to act civilized in her house.

I just stood out of the way, without saying a word. I wasn't in a position to offer anything in this conversation.

"Tell me the whole story, please," Anisha said quietly. She gave me a look, that I took meant for me to leave. It was Mavis who asked me to stay.

As Fiona started talking, she told us she wasn't sure who the father if her baby was, but two guys, either of which could be the father, both had wanted her to get an abortion. It was this that caused her to flee, and head north. She never did tell us how she got up here, and we didn't ask. She then told us, this was a very high risk pregnancy, but wouldn't tell us why.

"Either tell us why, or go back to Oakland," Mavis said.

"Gramma, I've had two miscarriages, in the last two years, and this is the longest I've carried, so, I'm concerned about going full term."

It was Mavis, not Anisha, who sat next to her, trying to comfort her granddaughter.

After talking about this situation for a while longer, Anisha just looked at me and said, "will you be happy living with a grandmother?" I do have to admit, she asked this with a smile.

We went back home, and did have everyone over for dinner, with the two boys seeing their sister for the first time in several years. They barely remembered her.

During the next week, we all made Fiona go to a doctor to see how she and her baby were doing. Her baby, a girl, was doing just fine, but we found out just how bad this 'family' situation was.

It seems both the possible fathers were in trouble with the law, and might be looking for Fiona. We heard from Oakland Police, that one of the possible fathers was in jail, and the other was in the hospital, being shot by the one in jail. What a mess!

This entire situation was made moot, when just over two weeks after her arrival, Fiona went into very premature labor, after being attacked and beaten by a man, we believed to be the baby's father, delivering a tiny, but healthy baby girl, but Fiona didn't survive the wounds inflicted upon her.

This made our decision very clear. As we all gathered for a quiet funeral, with baby Joanne, as Anisha and Mavis decided to name her, in a neonatal unit in the hospital, I asked Anisha if we shouldn't adopt her, and raise her as our daughter.

Anisha did admit that if we did adopt Joanne, it would give her something to remember Fiona by.

Looking at this tiny miracle, weighing just over 2 pounds, but having two working lungs, and a heart that was beating with a minimum of help, we both immediately fell in love with her. Could Anisha's granddaughter become our daughter? That was our primary question. An aside, as a DNA test told law enforcement her attacker was not the father!

That night, we all had a very long discussion about Joanne's future. We included the two boys, and, of course, Mavis, now relishing the title of great-grandmother.

All we had to do was start the necessary paperwork to adopt this little miracle.

After about an hour of discussion, we all agreed that our family just got a little bit larger. Yes, Anisha and me were planning a wedding. I had given this much thought, weighing all the pros and cons. With our new addition, I was more than satisfied with our new family situation.

We were told that Joanne would stay in the ICU for from four to six more weeks, with the progress she'd been making. Each day that we weren't working, we'd visit the ICU, getting to hold our little treasure. Each day, I saw what a great mother my wife to be would be. Just seeing our daughter resting on mommy's chest, just absorbing everything she could hear, as her eyes were taped shut for another week, or so.

With our wedding day nearing, we remodeled an extra room into a nursery. Both boys commented how pink this room was.

With our sex life still in high gear, we knew as soon as Joanne would come into our home, we would have to be more than careful, with a newborn right next door.

Finally, the day arrived to bring Joanne home. I think both boys were as excited as we were. It did make us all happy, just seeing this tiny addition growing by leaps and bounds. She was eating up a storm, and sleeping better than any of her medical staff thought she would.

The one thing she didn't lack was her vocal ability. When she wanted something, she let us know, very loudly. We all enjoyed just having her in our house, as she kept us all hopping. If she made a squeak, one of us were right there. We all made sure she didn't lack for a thing.

Anisha took a maternity leave, to be sure Joanne was well taken care of. I helped out whenever I was at home, give my wife a well deserved break.

As we became more accustomed to having a baby in the house, our sex life picked right back up to where it was before our new arrival. We did have to be careful about making too much noise to bother the boys.

Nearly everything was in play. I say that, knowing the one thing that was always off limits. From the first time she saw my 8 plus inches, she said, very forcefully, "that's not going anywhere near my rear end!"

I had no problem with that decree, and enjoyed everything else on the menu. We were further blessed with Joanne becoming a very good sleeper, giving us more opportunities in bedroom activities.

With our entire household prospering, life just kept getting better for all of us.

Both boys were keeping their grades up, with Darnell making the varsity football team, his Sophomore year. Yes, he only weighed 160, but he was one of the fastest kids on the entire team.

Approaching our fifth anniversary, with Joanne nearing her first birthday, we were overjoyed with her trying to take her first steps. Each visit to the pediatrician gave us so much hope for as normal a life as possible. Yes, she was still on the small side, but was making great strides in every aspect of her growth. Both boys had to be reminded not to do everything for her, as she needed to try everything that full term babies did, naturally.

One night, after a very enjoyable evening of sex, we were just laying in bed, with me spooning Anisha, when I started getting hard, again. Silently, I moved one hand in front of her, holding her breast, rubbing a huge nipple. This in itself, caused her breathing to quicken. I also started kissing her shoulder, then started to nibble her earlobe.

As my manhood grew, I lifted her thin nightgown, and rubbed my cock up and down the back of her panties.

"Jon, you know what I've told you about that," she moaned, in a very sexual way.

"Yes, I do remember."

"Well. What are you thinking about?"

"Would you let us see how it goes?"

"Do we have a condom somewhere?"

Finding one, plus some lube, I slid my briefs down, put some lube on one finger, and slowly slipped my finger inside.

"Oh, fuck me, that feels good," she growled.

Another finger, more sexy growling.

Slipping on a condom, and applying lots of lube, I moved my cock up against where my fingers just came out of.

With just about two inches inside, her first, small orgasm hit. In and out. In and out, just a bit deeper. With her body shaking, I went a bit deeper.

"Oh, fuck me," she gasped.

I obliged!

As my pace picked up, my hand went downward to her very wet slit. My finger found her already soaking wet clit, and started to gently rub it between my thumb and finger.

With both of us shaking, it felt as if our bed was moving all over our room.

With our climaxes at hand, she put her wrist in her mouth in an attempt to keep quiet.

"My fucking goodness, Jon, that was amazing!"

Holding her in my arms, as we started to come down from our high, Joanne decided it was time for some attention. We hoped during our wild sex, that we didn't miss her cries.

Calming ourselves down, we both got her out of her crib, changed her diaper, and took turns holding her in our rocking chair.

Neither of us ever got tired of her greenish gray eyes just staring back at us. As she grew, and would lay on mommy's chest, she would try to latch onto one of her breasts. Each time, Anisha would slowly remove her, and give her another comforting hug, along with a bottle.

Just when she was turning 15 months, she started taking little baby steps, on her own. Each time, she would stop and smile and laugh, thrilling us all. Each advancement, made us believe she was headed in the right direction.

We made the conscious decision never to search for her biological father. Even if we could find him, we'd never give her up. In every phase of our lives, she was our daughter.

Would we ever tell her the entire truth? Of course we would, but only when we thought she was old enough to understand.

Would we ever consider adopting, again? Not a chance. This was hard enough on all of us, and as rewarding as it turned out, we just figured to quit, while we were ahead.

With my teaching and counseling positions at Davis high school, and Anisha going back to the Home Depot, part time, reinforcing her own self worth. To be truthful, this was the longest, most productive job she had ever held. She never in her life knew she was a very good customer service representative. Her ability to deal with all sorts of customers and their problems gave her a huge boost in the self confidence department.

With David starting his Freshman year, and Darnell, his Junior year, they both were still on the small side, but they both discovered a love for running track. Both were very fast, and made up half of the two relay teams, the 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 relays. For the two years they ran together, the won our conference, plus placing at the state track meet. Their biggest fans, besides me, were their mother and little sister.

Joanne was progressing better than any of the Doctors had thought was possible. Even the team at Seattle Children's, one of the most prestigious Medical facilities in the country, were amazed at her progress. Yes, she was still small. but she was talking at an age appropriate level, along with counting, and being able to socialize very well.

Every time she would call us mommy and daddy just made our day. Her big brothers still spoiled her, but also helped with teaching her numbers and pictures, and by the time she turned three, she was able to read a few stories in their old books, that Mavis would never throw away.

To say we were an unconventional family was an understatement. The blond, Norwegian and the African/American woman, just trying to survive, who met at just the right time in both their lives.

Eventually, we, as a family, took Joanne to Fiona's grave site, and explained the entire story of her birth to her. Her first response, after telling us she understood, was could she still call us mommy and daddy.

We just couldn't have been prouder of our miracle girl.

Over the years, I did help mediate a few gang 'differences' still garnering respect from both the Hispanic and African/American gangs.

They both still referred to me as, "That stupid white guy" but now with a great deal of respect.

There you have it. A story about two very different people, both in age and ethnic heritage, making a successful family, in these modern times.

12