All Comments on 'Tenth Anniversary'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed7 months ago

This was not the usual “girls night out” tale. Thanks for doing something different. 5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Good things come to those that persevere!

5

other2other1other2other17 months ago

That was a great, heartwarming read. She chose the right path!

PraetusPraetus7 months ago

I do like she was honest in admitting she was tempted ... And that's why she was grumpy - a bit of resentment and jealousy of her friends. Cos we're human.

And it is a burden. In a relationship both partners have to keep showing they're worthy. You have to work. And he clearly is. And she did too buy making an active choice and also not bullshitting. Though he probably should have had a slightly stern word for her being grumpy :)

Nice to have a happy ending, though the voyeur in me wants to see the fallout elsewhere. Heck, possibly reconciliation if it was a one off for the sister - or at least a LONG road to redemption ... But the serial cheater nahhhh.

R410aR410a7 months ago

Finally, a story about a man with a set of balls. A bit outlandish but enjoyable none the less.

GarySmith69GarySmith697 months ago

Well I still dont get these "GNOs" but I accept women like going out together. But the husbands should also be allowed to have fun as a group. Even if its just going to a sports bar.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

A faithful wive with self control, nice twist. Thanks

dragonmann72dragonmann727 months ago

Almost a decade after we married and almost twenty-three years since I first saw her.

Lets see, 18 years of school, 10 years of marriage, let’s see, that equals 28 not 23.

So was this really a part one?

EhsheehsheEhsheehshe7 months ago

good story love the romance

demanderdemander7 months ago

She wouldn't have ratted out her friends, though. Good story. D

AccelarVesterAccelarVester7 months ago

What a nice change of pace for this category. Honest people with flaws but who can make a decision to act and behave as they promised. 5*

mabslsmabsls7 months ago

Nice little story.

And dragonman72, your math is slightly off. They met on the first day of kindergarten, and married right after high school. That’s only 13 years - plus ten married. That’s 23.

redboat7redboat77 months ago

Great Story!! Loved it!!

TrustingagainTrustingagain7 months ago

I enjoyed the story but I needed a little more to it

AardieAardie7 months ago

For once the wife actually is loyal and is not hit with the Martian slut ray. Her sister and friends are the ones to fall.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months ago

The Bear loves it. 7 stars, because it deserves it. I love happy endings. It might have played as well in "Romance", because "Loving Wives is a tough category, but it looks like all you are getting is good reviews. Keep writing, the Bear definitely approves.

The BEAR

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

enjoy the story. Thanks for your writing.

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

And she got a trip to the West Country, too? Clotted cream and scones with jam and real scrumpy cider! That was a nice 5* story with a tiny bit of misdirection. Good job!

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffrey7 months ago

A refreshing change of pace from the usual stories. TYVM.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion7 months ago

I only have one comment, and most won't believe it. I have never felt I needed a night away from mt wife. Not once a week, once a month or once a year. That's why I never thought a GNO was needed or a wise thing to do. But maybe women think differently from old men. Good story though.

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars for a Very Heartwarming story. She was tempted tho, She wanted to go with Ty and her friends to fuck on his boat. But fortunately "she chose wisely" or she would be getting divorced also. It is so easy to cheat. Especially if you are an attractive person, but even if you aren't, you just need to get enough exposure to the opposite sex, meet enough of them in a pickup bar, and sooner or later you will score. Of course, as we get older and less and less horny it is easier to stay faithful. That is a blessing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Refreshing to occasionally read a true “loving wife” story on the site. Only part I think fell short was her admission she almost caved, gave hm the cold shoulder and he figuratively shrug his emotional shoulders. 4.3*

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

GNO means different things to different people. Some wives go just to hang with her girls and be silly. Those gals are not chasing guys. The wives that get all slutted out and go looking for some dude to drool over are looking for an ego boost and may or may not cheat, but they are surely advertising. IMHO.

njlaurennjlauren7 months ago

Cute story. There was a minor screw up with the day ( you said sat night,

But it was Friday. ,).

The only other problem was her giving him the cold shoulder when he picked her up. It was like she was blaming him bc she was tempted by Ty but couldn't go, that was pretty cold of her and she is frosty the next day, like she regretted it. I would be pretty pissed if my partner did the right thing but blamed me they did.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

I liked the story quite a lot, but felt it could have been tied up much quicker after the reveal about what happened. This was a nice, true, loving wife story, which is a pleasant change of pace. I just didn't need to be beaten over the head with all the details about what they were doing after the reveal. Still gave it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Leave this right here and we're all good.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

At least an honest couple who respect one another.

Aspie007Aspie0077 months ago

Good story, could have also gone in Romance

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A bit mechanical, in my opinion

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dull.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

great way to start my day.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Cute. And as a proud Bristolian I reccomend visiting my city🙂

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

A really nice story of love and a loving wife.

You can probably count on one hand the amount of times a story about an actual loving wife turns up in this category, it does make a refreshing change.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut7 months ago

Different, very different, but nice.

No, nice is nice. It's not an "Aw, well at least you participated" award or a sort of put down.

More things should be nice.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sweet. Five stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Boring!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love it! Glad to see occasionally someone writes a story where the wife isn't cheating and whoring around while making a cuckold out of her loving devoted husband. The love they have for each other is evident as well as the respect they bestow on one another. My mother used to tell me, marriage isn't a 50 - 50 proposition, it's 60 - 60. Great story.

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Hmm. A little too sugary but an ok read.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13367 months ago

WOW!!!! I really liked this story. And I gave it 5 stars, I liked how though she was tempted Loren stuck to her vows and kept her marriage intact. A woman like that deserves to be spoiled by her husband. Too bad most women in America don't feel the same way.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl7 months ago

Nice very nice. Thank you for a refreshing story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Liked it! A bit heavy on the lecturing about fidelity in a marriage, but good to see it said in these fora once in a while.

.

Story did lack some emotion. Maybe if you had included a scene of her sister visiting them after being served for divorce — where sister either was all broken up about being “stupid”, OR was defiant about her “right” to make a “mistake” —— such a scene may have reinforced the importance of observing one’s vows.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Oh…forgot to add to previous comment:

.

“She got up and walked to our en-suite bathroom and brushed her teeth then asked, "I need that monthly night out. What am I going to do now?"”

.

She doesn’t NEED it….she WANTS it. Huge distinction. Hubby got it right when he stated that she has no business going to “pick up joints” unless accompanied by HIM. Obviously being accompanied by her slut sister didn’t work 🤗

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was good twist on fidelity but would it have been the same if it were done in poverty?

OldbuddyOldbuddy7 months ago

Good romance and faithfulness. Dragonmann72 missed the math.

Your math works 😁

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it! Clear, simple storytelling of how good a loving couple can be.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dragonmamm72...

Met first day of kindergarten. 5 years old plus 23 years is 28.

But... when the kids were out of the house... suggests they moved out. Even though he said 'at the parents'. Should be are since the kids would still live at home..

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

A good Hallmark story. Nice to see the wife can’t be persuaded to jump in bed with a alleged “God”. Even though she was temped? Thought it was strange she was saying she still wanted to go out? Especially the day after her sister and friends marriages blew up!

Thanks for writing 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree7 months ago

Nice.

A bit over the top,

but well done all the same.

4 out of 5 from me.

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
This shows a lot of contempt and disrespect

"I got a call from my wife at a quarter to eleven. She asked me to pick her up, but seemed angry and put off.

My wife stomped upstairs, brushed her teeth, stripped, and went to bed. It sure was frosty that night, but I left her alone".

Just because she couldn't go with her friends and get fucked by some asshole and his friends.

Then she makes a comment about her girls night out being need to unwind from her duties as wife and mother.

This would be a time to divorce her for this amount of disrespect, divorce her then she can have all girls night outs she wants to have to fuck whoever she wants. This is why it only deserved 2 stars in my humble opinion.

It was well written and a decent read thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Had it been my wife I would be pissed and not so calm when she tells me how she was tempted and actually upset that her marriage got in the way of her having sex with the mr beautiful athlete. WTF! This guy just lets it go so nice and easy. Makes me feel like there will be a time when she finally gives in.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

GarySmith, men DO go out, whether to a sports bar, or to shoot pool, whatever. That's why I don't get the near universal condemnation here for GNOs. Yes, HERE they're the source of grief, but they don't have to be. We never read the stories about the GNOs where the women have dinner, go have a few drinks and some INNOCENT dances, because there's nothing to write about.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months agoAuthor

Thanks all for the kind comments. Once in a while, happy has to happen Loving Wives.

As for math. The first day of kindergarten in the US is usually at age five. Twenty-three years later plus five is age twenty-eight. Both MCs are twenty-eight years old. They married at age eighteen and are coming up on ten years married.

There is likely a sequel but it will be a sequel. I like how this one ends and it can stand by itself.

It will probably be in Romance and will have that night fateful plus a bunch of pages of him spoiling his loyal wife rotten in Bermuda and England. She deserves it! It will be one of my long drippy sweet stories. I'm trying to come up with a twist or two.

Tentative title: Loving Loren

Don't look for it anytime soon. I have a beginning and an end outline and NADA ideas in the middle.

No date on Loving Loren. It's just an outline. I was on the boards asking about how knighthood works in the UK and came up with the outline. I never intended a sequel until then... then my little brain goes... Hey! adventures with his wife and Sir William Bearington and his wife...

Sir William Bearington and wife also have a few outlines. My problem is the US and the UK are SO SO Similar! until they aren't. Kind of like when UK writers call US lawyers, solicitors in their stories, or say mate instead of friend.

As for a reconciliation story with the sister who is getting divorced. My problem is I don't do cuck stories but shy away from hard-core BTB. Balance is hard on those.

Reconciliation... CAN be earned but it's a delicate thing because I DON'T want them to turn into cuck stories. I am working on two reconciliation stories. One is a true drunken mistake and the other... What if you intercept them RIGHT before they have sex... Finding that balance... and a twist or two.

I have like a bazillion stories by now between 3 lines of an idea to things in the 80% done range. I want to push out the 80 percenters.

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

4 stars - Yes, she chose wisely this time, BUT it was a close thing - what about the next time, or the next?

It seems to me that GNO's are purposely planned to set the stage of an alcohol EXCUSE for a poor choice.

It is nice to have lots of money to spoil your wife with lavish holidays, BUT this seemed like more of a bribe.

A better pre-emptive response would have been the introduction of a severe post-nupt contract.

It would set in stone the severe consequences to either party, should they decide NOT to choose wisely.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Preachy and talky much?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A simple, flat and rare honest tale in this category. But, among the endless suffocating and utterly irrealistic fetish-cuck fantasies, this one bring a little cup of oxygene, so it deserves a good price: 5*.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

An actual loving wife!

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

I gave it a 4 because she did not confess, he had to catch her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Interesting story, thanks. The guy was a bit leaden and pompous. As they were not disagreeing he needed to lighten up a bit.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married877 months ago

Really enjoyed it! I think it could use another part all about their trip to Great Britian and their Carribean Cruise.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married877 months ago

Hey @Mabsls you forgot in the math that they did meet in kindergarten and married right after high school and married 10 which is 23 years but remember when they met in kindergarten they were already 5 years old.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He seems quite controlling and threatening.

Sumnut96Sumnut967 months ago

A great tale and a nice change of pace from the norm in LW. DMW aka

EinzelkampferEinzelkampfer7 months ago

You've got a good story, but there's too much detail unrelated to the story. It slows down the flow. Examples are the rush-colored sheets and the long travelogue at the end. The sheets thing was so bizarre that I was looking for it later. Concerning travel, trust most readers to know about first class across the North Atlantic and that the UK has some nice digs. The details are pretty irrelevant unless maybe he bought a castle or they were having an anniversary celebration in a Medieval manor. These and even some innocuous but significant details are like Chekov's Gun. If they are not relevant to the story or plotline, they only confuse the reader.

*

Kudos for the 'stinky breath' line. Too many writers miss those real moments because they aren't clever enough to write around them. Ditto the quizzical look when he drops a film quote on her--a realistic 'husband' moment for sure! ****

JollyrogeringJollyrogering7 months ago

We need this story here as a 'touch-stone'.

Yes, I come here to read the 'naughty stuff' and wish that my wife would read it too = to pep her up a bit.

This story, as 'church-good' as it is written is impossible: Not the fidelity part, but the 'goody-goody never a disagreement or harsh word' part. Married people are two people who love each other and build on each other - they are not one person in two bodies OR: one person making all the rules, making all the plans, making all the fantasies! That's why Loren needs one night away from all that each month.

Pappy7Pappy77 months ago

Good story, I am somewhat disappointed in the whole wife needs time away from the husband idea. Handled well here, by the way, but drinking and dancing with men who aren't part of your problem set is not a good idea. It's easy to be personable when you don't have kids or money problems with someone. It's easy to be treated like a queen by someone who hasn't seen you take a shit or had you fart in bed. Real life versus fantasy. Easy to get lost in the fantasy. Gave 4 stars, maybe should have been 5 but she did go farther than she should have and not only regretted not going but complained to hubby about how hard it was not to go along when she really, really wanted to. The thing about good looking people is that after a while they seem to feel entitled and with all of the husband constantly talking about how good looking she was and how average looking he was, she had to get a bit of a swelled head. If being good looking is all that keeps the spouse from straying then that spouse is a lightweight partner anyhow. A man with balls in one of these stories is a rarity so thanks ever so much for that.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

Thank you! I enjoyed this a great deal.

-

Be well!

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Well a GNO that ends well for our hero. Glad the cheating wives got caught.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well told story about true love. Wife had her chances & didn't take it. While her other friends weren't so smart, they're getting divorced. She's getting a trip to England. Sweet. The only thing: the teaser for the title's misleading. Not a biggie, just saying. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not sure the point of this story? Where was the conflict? She was attracted to a good looking guy? Was learning the details of their European trip really necessary to the plot? We also received detailed information about non ferrous metals association. On the plus side, the author was merciful in not going into page after page of background information of their personal history. I thought he gave a perfect amount to show the reader how deep the relationship was. I was also impressed that he in essence did a celebrity hall pass story without trying to ride on George Anderson’s coattails. Good job overall 4*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

An odd writing style, a bit disjointed and contrived. I was not impressed that the wife was Angry because she couldn't fuck the football star. Did she think vows of loyalty and fidelity apply only to Ugly people? Hell, the whole idea of virtue is resisting extreme temptation. What's the big deal of refusing to fuck a pig?

\

And the whole weekend night out thing is for people who simply don't have that much fun with their spouse. Which is possible, but might warrant some discussion and reexamining of the marriage. It might be time to recommit to the marriage, or pack it in and start looking for the next wife. Overall not very compelling or dramatic.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Reads like a sweet fairy tale, unlike most stories on this site. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic7 months ago

I loved it. A very nice, although very unusual story in this section. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You can see right away it was written by a man.

Majority of Women, especially truly "loving wives" don't have much problem rejecting men, even extremely good looking ones.

Less than 25% percent of the wives in the US have extramarital sex. If it would be so hard to resist good looking guys like "overwhelmingly hard" it would be more like 90%.

My wife was hit by one of the best looking guy I knew and she laughed in his face.

He was almost perfect 10 (she is maybe 7 on a good day) and I am 2 (maybe 2.5 if you forgot your glasses at home).

She also was asked by one very macho lothario when he asked her on "business lunch" that there is nothing she can't advise him by phone.

I asked her if she was actually tempted and she frowned upon me. She said that as a happily married and very much loved woman she Never got really tempted.

Many women also told me that just looking at the good looking man does nothing for them. Maybe did when they were like 20 but not when a woman is 35.

Women like to be swooned, seduced. Being good looking is a good start but they usually don't give it on the first date. Unless they are totally drunk of course. Or high.

We, men are totally different story. That's why many LW authors project their desires on women.

Women and men even feel pain trough completely different chemicals. And pain is simple.

Sexual desire is a lot more complicated.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Most positive ever on this site not too exotic but we'll worth reading

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank God. Finally a story where two partners actually keep their vows in the face of temptation. It is possible. Thank you.

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

This is not a story, more like a long blathering sermon.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit7 months ago

I appreciate the illustration that keeping your vows can carry some real benefits...but the second half of the story felt unnecessary and tedious.

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

This is just a beginning of a story. I need more. 2 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A real loving wife. A nice change. 5 stars

Bill S.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

And they spooned happily ever after 🙊🙉🙈

KaBe45KaBe457 months ago

Nice but a trip to uk as a gift, really? after return she will call this ty or whatever the name was...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 Stars on a great story. What a loving couple. May they both live to be? 100

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

5 stars and a follow for this tale of karmic results on a group of GNO wives...

...3 cheated, 3 getting divorces. 1 didn't cheat & the story from there about the true love & fidelity from both of them - even in the face of extreme temptation - that supports what presents as a very strong marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What kind of husband has to ask his wife when there anniversary is? WTF? That jarred me totally out of the immersion and I couldn't take him seriously as a hero character, or even a husband, after that point.

MbgdallasMbgdallas7 months ago

What a bunch of nothing.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

I sort of liked the plot, but that last bit, all the boasting of where he was going to take her, was just fluff, just a waste of words in my opinion, sorry.

usaretusaret6 months ago

Barely a 3 star performance. Last part of him rewarding her “loyalty “ was boring and, in my humble opinion, unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A good strong marriage. She defied strong temptation and stayed true to her soulmate. She didn't say much however.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Talk about Happy Endings!! The Bear loved it.5 stars. Ignore the stupid comments. It's nice to see a decent story in L/W.. As I've said, this is the Big leagues, and you have to take the good with the bad. More, please. Makes me glad there are still decent people out there like Mrs. Bear and me.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not bad, although it dragged through much of the latter part. Little character development. Still, Four stars for a decent underlying story.

JPB

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

I liked it a good ending

4/5

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Yeah, that last part belongs in the travelogue section... or maybe a tag that reads "extremely boring , name dropping travelogue appended".

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

This redundant line needs fixing, "As long as you don't touch I could not care less if the class is titled 'drawing foot-long cocks' as long as you don't touch,". It doesn't matter if you remove the first 'as long as you don't touch', or the second one, just remove one of them.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

I found this story a bit boring. ,.3 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A story which has followed the same plot many times before. 3*

JTassJTass4 months ago

Not sure why so many of the comments are so negative. While I agree that there was no uncharted territory explored in this story, it was well-written and straightforward.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

Some of the dialog was a bit stilted, but at the end, I was happy I read the story. 5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...