That Which Could Not Be Denied Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He spun her around and closed the door, then laid her on the bed.

"Wine or whisky?" he asked.

"Ooo," she calmly exclaimed, "whisky."

Daren poured them both a glass of Japanese whisky, hers on rocks, and they touched glasses.

"Music?" Anna asked.

"Sure."

Anna plopped on the carpet next to Daren's record player. Daren wasn't sure if he liked the way she knew where every single thing in his apartment was, and how it worked, sometimes better than he did.

She sat with her back to him, taking records off the shelf and reading the track listings. She chose Rumors, and let the needle drop before lowering the glass dust cover. "The Chain" crackled over the Diatones. She leaned back on one elbow and ran her fingers through her platinum blonde hair, letting it sway and touch the floor. She sipped her cold smoky whisky deeply. She loved alcohol the way only a nineteen year old could.

Daren sat on his low bed observing everything about her-- everything he liked, everything he didn't like. There was much more of the former category. She would not look back at him. She was being coy. She was ready to be taken.

"There's something I have to tell you," Daren said.

He thought he could see her blood run cold, her heart sink. Anna took another sip and sucked her teeth.

"Over the weekend, my friend and I... Kimmy." he paused. He felt he had already said enough to have shared at least some of the truth. He didn't know if he could go through with saying the words, but Anna wasn't saying anything. He continued. "Kimmy and I, we uh," he remembered what he might have said, if he was still in college, like Anna. "We hooked up."

Anna's gaze might have burned a hole in the opposite wall, but she lowered her eyes to her glass, and lifted the blurry amber circle to her lips. Daren sat, elbows on knees, head in hands. Such an exhausting exercise, he thought, telling the truth, when the truth wasn't easy. In this moment, as he pondered the difference between the easy life of a promiscuous bachelor, drifting from one young thing to the next, but hiding nothing, and a cheater, with an ugly, hurtful secret, he realized something. This trip up north wasn't any kind of mistake. It was a trap, and he was the trapper. Even before going, he was a cheater.

"Well," Anna said, as she raised his chin up to see his face of self-realization and defeat. "I want you to tell me everything." Anna pushed Daren back onto the bed, crossed her arms, and lifted her sweater off over her head.

12