The Agreement

Story Info
A woman finds a place to leave in an area with high rent.
22.1k words
4.79
52.6k
171
11

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/14/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jay626
Jay626
2,372 Followers

***This is a 3 part story. I put this in the Romance section, but it could go into Erotic Couples***

Laura pulled into work late again for the third time this week. Running in heels was not an easy thing to do nor was it easy to get to work on time when the commute was three hours each way. It was not a matter of getting in trouble, but a matter of making up the time by staying late again. Six hours in a car each day had a way of making her feel like it was her job just to drive.

Overture was a software company in the heart of Silicon Valley and Laura was the Administrative Assistant to the president. Some days she felt like a glorified secretary and other days it was like she was the therapist for elite software designers and executives that made enough money to pay for real therapy but didn't.

Her boss was Greg Hawkes who was not an engineer or a software man but a person who bankrolled the company and got it to where it was today. He was the one that took the company from a garage to a multi million dollar facility. Laura was just happy that she got in before the company took off as it allowed her to get stock options when it was at a low price. She knew the company was going to get bigger or even bought out by another company. No matter what happened her stock was going to go up in value.

She rushed to her desk straightening her skirt and fixing her heels. As much as she wanted to think she got the job for her skills, she knew it was her looks that got her in the door. With an ex-boyfriend that never paid rent, rushing to work was her only option as rent was astronomical in the region. Her one bedroom hole in the wall was soaking up a lot of her salary too. She knew she could afford a two hour commute apartment, but it would kill her dream of being financially wealthy before she was thirty-five. Her choice of a three hour commute apartment was keeping her dreams alive.

Wearing her hair in a bun did not help having men gawk at her in some of the areas of the company. Since she knew it was going to happen, she just decided so show off her large curly black hair not caring but also knowing that she did not have to see some of the crazy software coders who stared at her. She also made a point never to show cleavage at work and dressed conservative in a vain effort to keep the unwanted advances to a minimal. She did like the fact her boss Greg was happily married, and she loved that she did not have to fight off his advances.

With her skirt unable to hide the curves of her ass as it had a nice bubble shape to it even though it was small, it fitted her shape nicely. It made men's eyes wander to it as she knew they were looking at it when she was walking away. She enjoyed it but thought that the work-place should be void of stares like that.

She stepped into Greg's office to see what he wanted. Even though she loved her large breasts as they accentuated her slim waist, it was not something she liked to show off at work either. The company policy for sexual harassment was lacking and women who complained were quickly fired. Laura knew that software nerds were harder to find than the cute girls who answered phones and took messages.

With her iPad in her hand and a cup of coffee for him in the other hand, she sat down putting his coffee on the desk ready to see what he wanted her to do. He was on the phone and she read a few of her emails before he put down the phone.

Greg put down the receiver and smiled wide. "I need you to run an important errand. Normally I would send a messenger, but I need this done right away."

He handed her a sealed brown envelope with an address preprinted on it. "Have him sign the documents in front of you and text me the moment he does."

Laura took the envelope looking at the address and saw that it was local, and she could use her own car. "Anything else?" she asked, figuring it should take her an hour at best.

"Yes. I am going to need you to email the board and set up a quick meeting. If this works out, we are going to make a big announcement."

Laura smiled as she had the envelope in her hands and was already walking out. She looked over at him. "I will bring back doughnuts then for the board."

Greg smiled and went to his laptop. Laura then grabbed the keys off her desk looking again at the address. She did not know exactly where it was, but it was close. She figured it had to be a wealthy investor since it was local.

The area Overture was in was right near all the other tech companies. The houses in the area had rent prices that made mansion payments look like mobile home rent. While the rent made people cringe, the availability of finding an overpriced apartment or any other place to live made people cry. Laura always heard the complaints about being able to find a place from programmers that had enough money in the bank to afford it too. She even knew people at her job that lived in communal spaces and one that bought an RV so they did not have to pay the high rental prices.

Laura enjoyed making a salary that others could only dream of, but she still had to pay overpriced rent at her place. To make matters worse, the place she was renting was three hours away too. She still put money away and hoped that one day she could open up her own business and live out in the middle of nowhere. Her business degree was nice but not having the money to do something with it put a damper on living out her dreams. She was twenty-eight and wanted to retire at thirty-three or thirty-five if there was a small setback. The closer she moved to her company the more years it would take for her to live out her dream too.

As Laura drove towards the house address, she could see it was not in an exclusive area with mansions around, but still in an area where only the extreme wealthy could live. It was a two story house that looked like a normal house in any other neighborhood. Since it was in the valley, it was not any old house though but a million dollar house, maybe more since it had a second floor.

There was no car in the driveway as she pulled her Toyota in wondering if someone was even home. She got out and walked to the front door as her heels clicked away on the brick walkway letting someone know that she was close.

Laura knocked on the door and nobody answered. She rang the doorbell and knocked again, hoping that there was someone home. She did not want to explain to her boss that her errand was for nothing since it required a board meeting just for her to get this person's signature.

"Come in!" Laura heard as a male voice called out loudly from somewhere inside.

Cautiously opening the door, she scanned the house for the person who called out. "I am from Overture. I am here to get a signature from Sebastian Krammer."

She heard the TV on like a movie was playing. While the movie was playing, she heard a video game blasting and someone grunting and then cursing over all of it. Stepping further into the house, she instantly could tell that this house was not decorated at all nor did it have a warm home feel about it.

Stepping further in, she could see a kid sitting at a gaming chair moving a controller while a TV was playing. The room had four other TVs that were not on and five other computer monitors on various websites and channels. Since his back was towards her, she still had no idea who was sitting in the chair.

"I am from Overture. I need your signature on a few documents," Laura stated clearly and loud enough to be heard over the TV and video game. She also had no idea what documents were that he needed to sign as the envelope was sealed.

The unknown male put down the controller and reached for the remote shutting the TV off. As she turned, Laura was shocked to see he was a teenager, maybe a kid in his early twenties. He was tall about six feet and scrawny. His hair looked like a mop that was messed up and his clothes screamed geeky computer software programmer.

"Ohhh...Wow. I didn't expect. Excuse the mess. I am so sorry I had you waiting. Please let me get you something," he stated almost falling over himself.

Laura could not help but smile as she knew he was shocked by her being there. It wasn't the first time she had a guy fall over for her. She thought it was kinda cute how some of the really geeky programmers could not even look at her as they were too shy or embarrassed.

"Nice house you have," she said, trying to lighten up the mood and get him more comfortable.

"Ohhh...thank you," he replied walking close to her, taking the envelope from her hands.

She did not see a name on the envelope only an address and she wanted to know his name as he seemed important to her boss and most likely her company. "I am Laura DeAngelo. I am Greg Hawkes Assistant," she said holding her hand out.

"Ohhh...I am Sebastian. Sebastian Krammer. People just call me Seb or Sebastian though," he responded as she felt his weak handshake.

As he opened the envelope, it looked like a contract. Along with the contract was a company check. She could see that the company was paying him five hundred thousand dollars. She knew programmers made large amounts of money, but only those who write their own code and come up with their own programs.

As he signed the papers, she felt at ease that she was doing exactly what her boss wanted her to do and there were no conflicts or complications. She had no idea who this programmer was, but she did know her boss wanted something from him and just paid him half a million dollars for it. With him living in a house that was worth over a million, she figured he was a programmer that was quite good.

"I guess you are having a good day," Laura added, trying to break the ice with him and make him feel comfortable about him signing over something.

"I guess. You can tell your Mr. Hawkes that I meant what I said about the program."

"I will relay that message to him," Laura answered in a soft tone not trying to upset him.

"Are you going back there now?" Sebastian asked as he took the papers and put them back in the envelope.

"Yes. He wanted this given right back to him."

"I guess he is going to call for a big meeting to let people know I sold him my program."

"Board meeting," Laura sighed, knowing that it was going to be a very late night for her.

"You don't like board meetings? Or is it Hawkes?" he asked curiously as she felt he was finally opening up to her.

Laura wondered if she should be so open with him but felt it couldn't hurt. "No..no not that. That's part of the job. It's the commute home." She then smiled as to ease his question.

"How long does it take?" His voice sounded stronger as if he was not as scared.

"Three hours give or take," she answered, knowing that she could move closer, but it would not let her save money.

"You live that far away? Oh...if you want you can take the bedroom upstairs," Sebastian quickly answered back.

She looked at him wondering if he was being polite or serious. She figured he was just being polite. "It's not that far, it's just the traffic."

"I am serious. You can use the bedroom upstairs. I don't even go up there. You have the whole top floor for privacy," he added overzealously as if he was not even thinking about what he was giving away. She could also see the serious intent to him and his offer.

The house from the outside looked like both the upstairs and downstairs were the same size. The downstairs was more than twice the size of her whole apartment. She quickly knew the rent would be way too high for her.

She gave him a smile knowing he was being sweet. "No thank you. I couldn't afford it."

"Ohhh...oh, you don't have to pay rent. I really don't mind," he replied quickly as if he didn't even think about it.

She quickly wondered what type of guy would just let her stay rent free in a space that should cost over three thousand a month. He looked like a nice young kid or young man if he was in his twenties. She did know he seemed like a naive kid who did know that the rent on a house like this was enough to make a living on. There had to be a catch to her just living there rent free.

"That is really sweet of you. But me staying here rent free seems kind of like me taking advantage of you since you are not asking for anything," she commented, wondering why he was being so nice and wondering what he really wanted.

She could see the look of disappointment in his face and also his voice. "Ohh, okay. Well the offer is open."

"Can you at least take my number in case you change your mind?"

She could see the look on his face like she stole something from him and was not giving it back. It was like he had a crush on her. At that moment, she could see it in his face. It was like high school all over again. Figuring that he was maybe a year out of high school, he was still having a high school crush on her.

"Sure. I will call if I change my mind," she replied as she then watched him scribble his number down. She quickly thought just taking his number was like him getting a chance at a girl.

As she drove back to the office, she could not help but smile at what happened. The idea that he had a crush on her was cute and made her feel attractive. She felt a bit down with Brad cheating on her and having a young guy fawn over her the way he did seemed to hit a warm spot in her emotions that she needed.

The board meeting ran late as she listened to how the company was going to introduce a new software upgrade. She wrote the board minutes on what it did and how they were going to try to sell their services to Apple for their new phone upgrade. It was worth possible millions to them, and she wondered why Sebastian would sell it for only a fraction of what it was worth.

The commute home was another lesson in agony as a car accident added on an extra twenty minutes. When she got home it was almost time to go to bed for the next day and another three hours in the car. It was like the day never ended and each day of the week blended into one another making it seem like one long continuous day of work.

The next day was a short commute at a little less than three hours. The entire time in traffic she reminded herself that there was an end game and that the money she saved would get her out of California. In her mind she figured she had about five years left, and she could go anywhere and open up a store. It didn't matter what store as long as it was hers.

When Sarah texted her to meet her after work for drinks, it was followed with an address of a bar to meet at. It was Friday and the only night she got a chance to see her friend Sarah since she left Overture to work for another tech company. The end of the work week outing now became a ritual as both of them used this time to vent about their jobs.

She walked in the door to see it was filled with gamers and programmers all wearing their geeky clothes and acting like kids. The back area was more upscale, and she saw Sarah in the back all dressed up drinking a cocktail.

"Hey girl," she said as Laura put her purse on the bar and motioned for the bartender.

"What a day. I swear I can't stand living here," Laura confessed as she knew she hated the high rent and self-absorbed people.

Sarah smiled and listened before explaining her day to her and then Laura responded with telling hers. It was like two veterans showing off their battle scars as they compared their days and who had the worst one and who worked for a shittier company.

Laura drank her cocktail and then ordered a shot. To beat her friend in the contest of comparing whose life was worse, she drank the shot and used her three hour commute to work to win. Sarah sighed knowing she only had a two hour commute and waved her hand to her giving up the contest.

She asked her friend why she picked a bar filled with programmers and software engineers that could not find a date unless money was exchanged. Her friend confessed that she did not want to get hit on again and that the people in the bar were afraid of girls like them. Laura listened to how her friend had to fend off constant advances at work. Laura took another shot and knew her friend had it worse than her as her boss did not make advances towards her.

Laura ordered another drink and then decided to tell her friend about the offer from Sebastian. "So, I was sent to deliver documents to sign to buy a program from this kid in the valley. He had a two story house right in the valley. He then offers me to stay there rent free."

"Hold on...hold on. He wanted you to stay there. Did he hit on you?" Sarah asked with a peaked curiosity as her eyebrows pushed up.

Laura smiled slightly and then sipped her drink feeling a bit buzzed. "Noo. He is a programmer. I think he had a crush on me though."

She knew her friend understood what programmers were like. She did not use the word geek, but it was just mutually understood that they were the nerds in school that moved to get jobs in the valley. Tech companies swallowed them up and paid them salaries most doctors wouldn't make. They also had problems with dates, and some would just make remarks at girls since their social skills were limited around the opposite sex.

"Why don't you then? It's rent free."

Laura thought about it and figured there had to be a catch. Nobody in the valley would just give away a room rent free when it was worth thousands in rent per month. The fight over realestate was so high in his area that there would be a line at the door just for a spot on his couch more less a private room.

"He probably wants something. I am not fucking some nineteen year old kid for rent."

"Why don't you just try it out for a few days? Not fucking him but living with him. Don't move in completely, just stay there for a week. If he gets handsy, then leave. No harm done since you really didn't move in anyway. You said he had a crush on you, so give it a week for him to make a move and then leave. If he doesn't, then you are home free."

"You're right. It's worth a try." Laura gave in not knowing if she was really right or if she was giving into the alcohol.

Before she got in her car, she pulled out her phone and texted Sebastian feeling the liquid courage course through her. She asked if the room was still an offer and if he was serious. She did not know if it was a mistake to take his offer, but it was worth a try figuring it would save her a commute that most truck drivers would cringe at.

Sebastian texted back quickly saying that the room was all hers if she wanted it. She got in the car smiling, wondering if this was too good to be true. Her mind drifted to the thoughts that he might try something or say something inappropriate though. Maybe he wanted something sexual in return or something from her company.

During the drive home, she knew that if she got pulled over she would blow numbers. She took it easy and got home well past midnight. She still felt the buzz as she drifted off in her bed dreaming that this could work out and that she could finally get a break.

Sebastian texted her that she could come by whenever she wanted and that he would be home. Laura figured she could go out there Sunday and then stay the week as a trial. She did not tell him that it was a week trial to see if he was a purvey creep.

She drove out to his place and found the driveway abandoned again. She parked on the street wondering if she would have use of his driveway as she walked to the door with her suitcase filled with clothes for the week. Her makeup bag was still in the car. He answered the door this time smiling and then asked to help her with her things.

Dressed in simple leggings and a long t-shirt with her hair up, she did not see herself as an object of attraction, but she could tell his eyes were on her like she was some work of art. She smiled and told him that she could handle the rest as she made her way upstairs.

Jay626
Jay626
2,372 Followers