The Backbone of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You did it to yourself!"

Anika laughed. "Omigod, I made a mess all over myself. I need go shower right now."

"Here, let me take you." The woman looked at him quizzically, and Troy patted his lap. "Sit on my lap."

Anika sat up, and paused long enough to remove her top, before sliding onto her husband. She positioned herself across his thighs then leaned against his stout chest, feeling safe and happy with her man. Troy wrapped one arm around her as he steered towards the bathroom, spinning his powerchair in a donut that elicited raucous laughter.             

A realization made Anika exponentially happier than the wonderful climax.

Troy was back to his normal self!

However, the couple had been so focused on their voyeuristic/exhibitionist moment that they failed to notice that, for a brief moment, Troy's pants had slightly tented.

******************************************************************************

It was a role reversal when, a few short days later, Troy wheeled into the bedroom to discover his wife sitting on their bed, fabulously naked, and grinning from ear to ear.

An immediate smile creased the man's lips. "Did someone accidentally turn up the thermostat?" he joked.

"Nope. But I have something for you."

That immediately piqued Troy's curiosity. "Oh, really?"

Anika reached for the wrapped box that was hidden behind her and tossed it at her husband, who deftly caught it. "Yes, really."

"Can I open it now?"

The woman's grin was broader than his. "What was it that said the other day... 'No time like the present', right?"

Troy immediately tore open the box and closely studied its content.

At first, the man thought it was another dildo, which he would've been more than happy with if that made Anika happy. But while the object in his hand was also constructed of silicone, this one was hollow and completely flexible, with an odd-looking open ring at the base which Troy initially assumed was a handle.

Anika chuckled as she noted his confusion. "It's called a 'cock sleeve'."

"'Cock sleeve'," Troy murmured. Then he went almost slack-jawed. "Am I supposed to wear this thing?"

"That is its purpose." His wife's expression suddenly turned tender. "I know you're still angry and frustrated that you can't achieve an erection. But I think this thing can help us take the next step." Her smile was gentle.

"Ani, I don't know."

"You don't have to be afraid or embarrassed. It's me."

"What if it won't stay on?" he blurted, mortified. "My dick is like a shriveled prune! What if it won't stay on?"

"You're still bigger than most guys. You don't have anything to worry about."

"What if it won't stay on?" he repeated with irrational fear.

Anika hugged her husband. "I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'll put this silly thing away. Hell, I'll return it, if you want me to."

But the warmth and firmness of his wife's touch... her mere presence... was enough to make the world a safe and happy place again, as usual. He took a deep breath. "Let's try it."

Anika hesitated. "Are you sure? You don't have to do this for me."

"I want to do it for us."

She hugged him again.

"Go to our bedroom and wait for me. I'm going to wash up first." The woman nodded excitedly and was about to head upstairs when he quickly added, "Wear something sexy."

Anika felt her body tingling wonderfully all over. "Ok!"

******************************************************************************

Troy entered in his powerchair.

He was already naked, and Anika thought that her handsome man appeared like a king being wheeled forward on a throne.

She had been waiting languidly on the bed, but immediately sat up when Troy arrived.

The young man eyed what his wife was wearing, and grinned. "That's the lingerie I bought for you and Riley."

Anika shifted with intent, striking a sexy pose, and if Troy possessed the use of his legs, he would've immediately pounced on his wife and ravished her. "You say you bought it for me and Ben, but I really think you bought it for yourself."

"True," he conceded. There was no arguing that he had been dying to see his wife in the sexy lingerie.

"I knew it. Now stop talking, and get over here."

"Yes, ma'am."

Troy joined his wife, and they were instantly making out like 2 horny teenagers.

Troy was on his back clutching Anika to his side as they kissed. Though the lower half of his body was without sensation, the firmness of her warm flesh and the fragrance of her hair was all the man needed. Troy sighed contently.

After losing themselves in a passionate kiss, Anika lay her head on her husband's chest. Troy didn't feel the need to ruin the moment by speaking. Truth be told, he was nervous about experimenting with the cock-sleeve, but was willing to try it for Anika's sake. Besides, the young man tried to convince himself, it might be fun.

He was content to hold his beautiful wife for much longer when she suddenly gasped.

"Babe!" Anika's voice was quiet but urgent.

"What is it?"

The woman gestured between his legs. "Look!" Clearly, something was out of the ordinary.

Troy twisted his head to look around his wife, who was partially strewn across his body.

His eyes widened in disbelief.

Though he hadn't achieved a full erection, his penis... his manhood... had gained some noticeable rigidity!

"Omigod... babe..."

Troy couldn't believe what he was seeing; he stared at his lower half incomprehensibly.

The couple stared in wonder at what they thought had become an impossibility.

Troy attempted to will more stiffness into himself, but his penis remained at it was; he sighed and shook his head ruefully.

Undaunted, Anika reached out and touched his manhood.

Even though Troy lacked feeling in his lower half, he still flinched as if shocked. "Ani," he breathed in warning.

But the woman continued to stroke her husband in a gentle gesture that was filled with unbridled love. "I just want to feel you."

Together, they watched the hypnotic motions of Anika's hand.

"You feel so warm... so hard..."

There was just the faintest trace of a tingling between Troy's legs, vaguely similar to "pins and needles" that he'd experience whenever his foot fell asleep preinjury, but not quite. He pondered if it was real or just a phantom sensation, a cruel trick that his mind was playing. Whatever the case, it was a wonderful sight to watch his wife touch him intimately again.

A drop of precum oozed from his cockhead as Anika stroked him just a little bit faster.

That coincided with a stronger tingle.

"I can feel, you, Ani," Troy sobbed happily. "I can actually feel you!"

The beautiful blonde didn't cease as they regarded each other tearfully. They didn't know what the moment portended or if Troy's penile reaction was merely a one-time abnormal reflex. But they didn't care.

They just wanted to enjoy the moment.

Troy began to chuckle. "This proves that you're so hot that you can make a paralyzed man hard!"

Anika blushed.

"Hell, you could probably give a full-blown erection to a corpse!"

A thousand ideas suddenly raced through the woman's mind. She considered giving her husband a blowjob, something that he used to ALWAYS crave and beg for. If anything could get him fully hard, it was a blowjob!

Anika suddenly remembered the cock-sleeve and considered using it to ride the proverbial wave.

But then a better idea--- the best one of all--- dawned on her.

Anika lifted herself, grabbed the cock-sleeve, and disdainfully tossed it across the room.

Then she scooted towards the foot of the bed, straddled Troy's hips, and seized his manhood.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to make love to you. You got a problem with that?"

Troy hesitated as fear and inadequacy reared their ugly heads again. But one look at his beautiful wife, who was naked and smiling at him with such immeasurable love and support, pushed those thoughts away. He nodded resolutely.

"I want to feel that hot pussy on my cock."

Troy's erection obviously wasn't as firm compared to preinjury, but was still hard enough that his wife was able to impale herself. A luxurious sigh escaped Anika's lips as she lowered her full weight. "Mmmm... yes...."

Troy wiped the happy tears from his eyes and cracked a boyish grin. "I, uh, still can't move, ya know. So you're going to have to do all of the work."

Anika's eyes were brimming, too, but her loving gaze morphed into a leer. "With pleasure."

She began rolling her hips slowly in a steady rhythm.

"God, you're so fucking hot.

"My beautiful man... I love feeling you so deep inside of me..."

Anika writhed rhythmically as she rode her man, moving to a mental beat. In response, Troy's hands flew to her hips. He didn't attempt to control her moments, but rather delighted in moving with her. The woman shifted her upper half slightly, gifting him a better view of her breasts that she knew he fetishized.

Almost predictably, Troy released her hips to grope her chest.

"... and I love it when you play rough with my tits." Anika placed her hands on top of his, and sucked on his finger suggestively.

"Dirty girl," her muttered, squeezing so harshly that a lesser woman would've winced.

Excited more for her husband than for herself, Anika began riding him with more zeal.

She dropped her full body weight on him repeatedly, squealing with each impact. And though Troy only felt a very slight tingle and vague pressure has as his beautiful wife bounced on him, witnessing her smile in all of her sexual glory was the greatest feeling ever. He regarded her with equal awe and adoration.

Anika suddenly planted herself on Troy, fully impaling herself, and changed tactics by grinding her hips in a heavy back-and-forth motion. After only a few passes, a pleasant sensation quickly developed between his legs; not quite the "pins and needles" from earlier, and definitely not a powerful climax that the was accustomed to at the peak of his virility.

Yet it felt so pleasant that Troy realized it might the latter.

"Ani... I think I'm gonna cum!" he choked in disbelief.

The woman was profusely hoping that she'd be able to bring her husband to orgasm, but was stunned, nonetheless. She hesitated only for a microsecond before pumping her hips even harder. "Do it, babe! Cum for me! Cum in my pussy and give me every last drop!"

The sensation was indescribable. Troy felt as if his lower half was floating in space. There was a sudden burning that felt strangely detached from his body... Troy figured it was the tip of his penis... that dissipated quickly. But immediately afterward, the young man experienced another feeling as if everything below his waist was falling through the air while everything above felt heavier than a ton of bricks.

All in all, the moment lasted for only a few seconds.

When it was over, Anika remained atop him, still as a statue. The pair looked at each other, unsure of what had just transpired and scarcely breathing. Even after all this time since the injury, Troy was still trying to figure out his body, and continuing to process what it was and wasn't capable of. He stared up at his wife in a near-daze.

A look of concentration crossed the woman's face as she gently shifted, and then a smile slowly appeared on her lips.

Anika moaned as she dismounted her husband, purposefully drawing him out slowly like a sword being withdrawn from its sheath.

And as Troy's penis flopped onto his abdomen, flaccid once more, thick globs of milky white cum, so pungent that it permeated the room, oozed from his wife's vagina.

"Is that... did I actually cum?"

Anika was crushed against his chest and squealing in delight, wetness streaking her face. "You most certain did, babe."

Husband and wife held onto each other tightly, not thinking any other thoughts and content to simply bask in the wonderful afterglow of their union.

******************************************************************************

Unfortunately, Troy couldn't replicate whatever happened to his body that amazing night. Try as he--- and Anika--- might, he was never able to achieve an erection again. Once, acknowledging such a loss and disability would've put him in a pit of despair. But the young man was able to come to terms with the harsher realities of life as long as his wife was by his side.

Besides, that fateful night had yielded a very unexpected result, and he had much more important things to worry about now.

Troy gently lay his head on his wife's swollen belly as they cuddled in bed.

"I still can't believe it," he murmured in awe for the countless time.

Anika giggled. "I know. Me, too!"

She was 7 months pregnant.

Troy's doctors, especially Dr. Adler, were stunned. They had believed it was impossible for a man was this type of spin cord injury to father children. It should've been an impossibility.

Somehow, Troy and Anika had proven them wrong.

"I still want to find out the gender," Troy whined.

But she replied emphatically, "No! I want it to be a surprise."

The young man shrugged in defeat; he could never refuse his wife. "Well, what about names? We haven't really talked about that yet."

Anika snorted. "Well, you already know what name our baby's godfather wants if we have a boy."

Troy rolled his eyes in mock consternation. "'Ben'... of course."

"Of course. We'll have to see about that."

"But what if we have a girl?

The pregnant blonde pursed her lips. "I'm open to suggestions."

Troy's response was immediate. "'Eliza'. I love that name."

Anika blinked. She was surprised by her husband's fervor, and even more so that she instantly found herself agreeable to his suggestion. "'Eliza'," she repeated as if trying on new shoe. "I think I can go with that!"

Troy snuggled against his wife in excitement. After a brief while, though, he sighed forlornly. "I wish I didn't have to go to work today. I wish I could stay home, and lie in bed naked with you all day."

"Even when I look like a bloated whale?"

"Ani, you, literally, look hotter than ever."

The woman nestled into her husband. She felt so happy and loved and her heart was bursting with gratitude to the powers that be. "Hey, don't you have your support group later today?"

"Ah, that's right! I do," the young man beamed proudly. The monthly spinal cord injury support group that he had created 2 months ago, and was moderating, was already up to a dozen members with more requesting to join!

The pair drifted off into another cozy silence, and Troy was on the verge of calling in sick to work and begging his wife to stay home with him.

"Speaking of Ben, also don't forget that we have movie night with him and Tatianna after your support group."

Ben and his girlfriend had only been together for a few months, but already they were discussing getting engaged. Initially, Anika found herself jealous that another woman had finally usurped Ben's attention from her. It was petty, of course.

But Tatianna was gorgeous! Her Brazilian heritage gave Tatianna a natural tan that made her appear exotic. Standing a shade over 6ft tall, the brunette, literally, possessed a bikini body from years of playing beach volleyball in her native homeland. While Anika secretly but humbly considered attractive and athletic, she felt pasty and uncoordinated next to Ben's girlfriend, especially now in her pregnant state.

Anika and Tatianna loved each other like sisters.

"Yup, haven't forgotten about movie night with the lovebirds, either," Troy replied. "I'll swing by after the group and pick you up."

The young man hugged and kissed his wife one last time. However, before he begrudgingly dragged himself out of bed, he planted a soft kiss on Anika's distended belly and addressed his unborn child, "I don't even know you yet, and I love you so much already."

Anika suddenly started. She quickly snatched her husband's hand and placed it over her lower abdomen. "There... feel that? The baby's kicking!"

"I feel it!"

The couple had accepted the fact that they more than likely might not be able to conceive another child naturally, and would need to consider other means including adoption. But Troy didn't care. The prospect of fatherhood excited him. And his perfect wife would also be the perfect mother.

Their dreams of growing old together surrounded by children was coming to fruition!

He had so much to be grateful for.

His life was perfect!

THE END

******************************************************************************

Author's note:

Thank you SO much for reading "The Backbone of Love". This story took longer to complete than anything I've ever written because I wanted to be accurate and respectful in my portrayal of a spinal cord injury survivor.

The purpose of "The Backbone of Love" was NOT to fetishize physical disability, but to express my probably naïve belief that love can, in fact, conquer all.

An extra-special thanks to Goddess_of_Sunshine, who is many things to me including my Volunteer Editor and friend, for her patience and technical expertise; you are a GODDESS in every sense of the word.