The Bitch that is My Step-sister - EX

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Jamie looked back at his wife, the conniving grin she had on her lips told him something was up as he walked out of the kitchen. The moment he opened the front door, Jamie just stood there in shock as his eyes moved over his grandfather, grandmother, Sal, Sam, Martin, and his cousins stood, smiling warmly at him as they stood on his front lawn. It only took a moment for his brain to reengage before Jamie walked out bare-chested, only wearing his pajama bottoms. Hugo's and Marla's arms embraced Jamie pouring their love into him; Sal, Sam, and all the rest did the same. Marla being the mother figure, marching the group of them into the house. Krissy beamed at their praise of how she had decorated their home before telling Krissy to show her to the kitchen so she could make them all a big breakfast and for the two of them to go put on clothes. Laughter filled their home as they all enjoyed a hearty breakfast; once the clean-up was done, Jamie and Krissy gave them all the grand tour. Patty, Daniel, and Heath were ecstatic when they saw their pool and begged their parents if they could go swimming in it.

Eric Clapton's 'Change the World' played in the air as Sal manned the grill for their cookout. Krissy's cheeks heated as Jamie took her by the hand and proceeded to spin her around the backyard with the encouragement of his family. As the two of them danced, Krissy's mind recorded the event so that she could remember that moment in her old age. Krissy's giggle filled the air when Martin bemoaned jokingly that they were showing them all up.

The children's laughter played on the air as they splashed around in the pool as Krissy's colleagues and their husbands mingled with Jamie's family. Krissy was getting odd looks, namely from Jamie, when she refused any beer offered to her. Jamie was taking a sip of his own beer when he saw his aunt and grandmother pull Krissy off to the side, away from everyone. He was very curious about what they were talking about, turning his head when the doorbell rang throughout the interior of his house. Excusing himself to his guests, chuckling at Sal's comment as he walked through the back door. Jamie was speechless as he stood there in the open doorway as he, stared into his mother's eyes, wondering why she was there, of all times.

"Jamie, who is it?" Krissy called out to him after seeing her husband entering their house.

"Sorry Jamie, we didn't know you would be having so many guests here today, but Suzie and Ben here wanted to come to see you on your birthday," Rhonda stated, smiling and waving to Krissy as she approached Jamie's back. "So, may we come in?" she asked with hope in her voice.

"Happy birthday, Jamie!" Suzie cried out, moving past her mother and hugging Jamie hard around his waist.

"Hey, kiddo, who's at the door?" Sal asked, only to stop in his tracks when he spotted Rhonda. Huffing in disgust at the sight of his brother's ex-wife before he spun on his heel and left the way he came.

"I take it they're all here if Sal is here?" Rhonda inquired, her heart was in her throat at the fact of facing her former in-laws. Even when they went down to watch the two of them graduate, she and David stayed away from Jamie and Darriel's family; she didn't want to ruin the day for Krissy.

"Yep," Jamie answered in a monotone voice, eyeing his mother, watching her blow out a breath before taking a step into the house.

"Best get this over with," Rhonda muttered, guiding Ben into the house, resting her hand on Jamie's shoulder, and stopping him from returning to the party. "Honey, I know ever since you found out about David and me, you haven't wanted anything from me in the way of presents," not seeing how Suzie was peering back at the two of them with wide eyes, she's always wondered why Jamie never wanted presents whenever he came back for Christmas holiday, "but I hope you will at least let me offer you my congratulations on your birthday, I remember like it was yesterday," she said softly, lightly caressing her son's left cheek. Looking oddly at her daughter when she gave her a look that she was unhappy. She couldn't understand why since Suzie was bouncing off the walls of their home, eager to come over to her brother's home. Giving Krissy a hug, feeling Krissy's hand rubbing her back, whispering to her, telling Krissy she'll try not to be a distraction. The moment she stepped outside, she felt the coldness of Darriel's family's glare centered on her, looking over when Krissy took her by the arm and escorted her over to where her co-workers were standing.

Rhonda found them to be very nice people as she kept Ben near her so he wouldn't go running off and fall into the pool. While she got to know her stepdaughter's co-workers, she kept her eye on her daughter, who never left Jamie's side as he mingled with his family. Did it hurt to know that the distance between them hasn't lessened? Of course, what mother wants to be estranged from their own child? Smiling weakly at Krissy when she gently rubbed her back as she stared down into her glass. With the day drawing to a close and night beginning to rise, Hugo and the rest said their goodbyes to Jamie and headed back to their motel for some rest before Sal, and Martin drove them all home. Krissy's co-workers had already left in the middle of the afternoon when they sensed the unwelcoming glares Rhonda was getting from the group of people they had just met. Rhonda was helping Krissy clean up after the party while Jamie played with Suzie and Ben in the living room. As they were in the middle of the cleanup, David called, wondering when his wife was going to come home. Krissy nodded, telling her she and Jamie could finish up, dropping the card she, Suzie, and Ben had signed for him on the small table by the door, hoping her son saw it and read it instead of just instantly throwing it away.

That Sunday, Rachel arrived at their house around one in the afternoon. Jamie and Krissy set her up in the guest bedroom on the first floor so Rachel wouldn't hear them when they made love. It took about three hours to move Rachel into the room and drive the U-Haul back to the nearest store. Once they returned, Rachel and Krissy spent the rest of the day in the room while Jamie stayed hidden when the yelling started.

******

It was around the week before Christmas that saw Jamie sitting in on his first performance review. He kept his face placid when the three people, one his boss, another David, and another he didn't know, reviewed his file. His attendance was never in question since he was always on time; most days, he was twenty minutes early, so he knew they couldn't ding him for that. What work he was given that his boss saw fit to dish out, something a second-year college student could do, was always turned in on time. So he was only waiting to see if his boss once again screwed him over. If she did, he would only work there long enough for his insurance to cover for the birth of their baby. Once she or he was born, then he would put in his resignation. He just hoped by then, CPA jobs would be in more of a demand than it was six months ago.

Jamie wasn't really listening to his boss or the other person as they yammered on. No. His mind was replaying the video that Krissy had sent to him showing off her lustful body to him. Telling him she wanted him to remember how it looked like in the coming months when her belly grew big, feeling bloated and unsexy. That was how Krissy told him that she was pregnant with their first child. He was hard up all day long afterwards, and Krissy greatly enjoyed it once he got home that evening. When David and Rhonda heard about the pregnancy, he didn't have a moment's peace that whole weekend.

Jamie's eyes flickered over to David when he was yammering on about something as it brought him out of his daydream. Looking down at his watch, a watch his wife had gotten him for his birthday, knowing nothing was going to change when all they were doing was bickering back and forth. He knew if he was going to get a raise, they would already have told him as such, so he knew that wasn't even on the table. All they were doing was arguing about corporate procedures that he couldn't care less about. He had work to finish before the company shut down in a day for the holidays. He wasn't about to be called in on it just to finish up something he could have done at that moment.

"Since you three have dicked me around for the past twenty minutes, I can assume I'm not getting a raise; if so, I'd rather get back to work," Jamie said, getting to his feet, which caused the three of them to stop their bickering. "Seems arguing amongst yourselves is far more important to you three than a timely performance review," he stated as he opened the door of the room they were in.

An hour later saw Jamie being called down to the HR department, where he was reprimanded for what he had said to the reviewers. Something he didn't care about, telling him they were putting it in his employee file, which had cost him the raise he would have been getting and his next one. Jamie knew that was a lie. He knew he wasn't getting one that day, but maybe any other time as well if he stayed on with his current boss. Telling him to watch his tone next year when he would be up for review again, something he seriously hoped he wouldn't be there for. He didn't think the woman that told him all that was happy when he just walked out when she was done without a word to her. He was done playing their games. He had done so for the first two months before he started to notice what was going on. He wasn't about to kiss his boss's ass just so he could make a few extra dollars; they weren't hurting that much for money.

Until he could find another job after their child's birth, he would keep to his attendance, yet he wouldn't put in any extra work. He would do the work given to him, even if an intern could handle it all. It was about time for him to head out as he began to power down his computer after saving his work. Picking up the photo of Krissy she had framed for him and placed it in the only drawer that locked on his desk to keep anyone from stealing it along with the rest of his personal items. What the company supplied he left on his desk since he didn't care what happened to it. Stuffing the papers he was working on for one of the many clients they had in the file cabinet as he heard footsteps approaching his cubicle.

"Jamie." The hairs stood on the back of his neck as he pushed the drawer closed at the sound of David's voice. Turning his head when he heard the sound of David placing his briefcase down on his desk. "I was hoping I caught you before you left for the day," David spoke, noting how Jamie's eyes were studying him, waiting on him to get to the point of this conversation. "I was wondering if you would give me a lift home. Rhonda would, but she's out doing last-minute shopping for the kids."

"Why?"

"Car is in the shop; I thought Kris told you that."

"I guess," Jamie sighed, knowing if he didn't, he wouldn't hear the end of it from Krissy.

"Sorry about your review," David said apologetically, arching an eyebrow when all Jamie did was shrug his shoulders as they rode down to the parking garage. "I'm sure the next time you go in front of the review board, it will be much better," he uttered, trying to bring levity to the situation.

"Uh-huh," Jamie muttered, not believing he would be there in a year. Tightening his peacoat around him as the cold air of winter bored into the cab of the elevator as the doors rolled open.

David looked curiously at Jamie's back when he stepped out of the cab, wondering what Jamie had meant by that. It sounded to him that Jamie didn't believe a word he said. While he didn't see anything wrong with Jamie's file when they were going over it during the review. So he knew Jamie was doing his work and turning it in on time, yet he would have thought Jamie would have been asking for larger clients to show he could handle the responsibility.

"You coming or what?" Jamie asked, peering back at his stepfather, who still stood in the cab of the elevator.

"Right, sorry," David answered. "So, can your mother and I expect you and Krissy on Christmas morning?" he inquired as he slid into the passenger seat. Reaching up and turning the seat warmer on as Jamie started up his car.

"Most likely," Jamie muttered as he backed out of his parking spot.

"Hey, you ever think of upgrading to a newer model?" David asked, making small talk to kill the silence.

"Maybe; why?" Jamie retorted, trying not to be as sarcastic as he normally was.

"I was thinking, if you were, maybe we could buy this car from you for your mother since the van's getting up there in miles. I know how much your mother enjoyed driving this that one time. Give it some thought; no rush," David said offhandedly. What he said was the truth, Rhonda did need a new vehicle, and she did like Jamie's SUV; plus, it being an AWD, he knew she would be alright in the snow as compared to the van. "Thanks for the lift Jamie," he spoke as he stood holding the door open as Jamie idled on the street. "We'll see you on Thursday," David said, waving to Jamie, who just nodded.

"Hey, baby!" Krissy greeted from the couch she and Rachel were sitting on as Jamie walked in.

"Hello," Jamie greeted, keeping his thoughts to himself at the sight of Rachel. He would have thought she would have already found herself an apartment, given it's been almost three months since she's came to stay with them. Not that he minded Rachel, she was a nice person, yet he thought it was time Rachel found her own place.

"Jamie?!" Krissy pushed herself up; her baby bump showed as she followed after her husband up the stairs. "Honey, what's wrong?" she asked as they walked down the hall towards their bedroom.

"Thought you said she would only be here for a month; it's been nearly three," Jamie said as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"I know, I know, I promise after the holidays we'll look for her a place; it's just that with Rachel having no family around, I just didn't want her to be all alone in some small apartment," Krissy stated, trying to ease his annoyance. "Honey, I'm sorry; I know this isn't how you thought our first year living here would go, but I'm very happy that you're so sweet to let Rachel stay," she said, running her hand down Jamie's left arm. "So, how did your review go?"

"Walked out," Jamie answered, throwing his shirt into the hamper.

"What? Why?" Krissy asked, very surprised that he would do such a thing.

"They were wasting my time and dicking me around; they weren't going to give me the raise; otherwise, I wouldn't have sat there for twenty minutes listening to them arguing about shit that didn't matter one bit about my raise," Jamie said as his t-shirt slid down his chest. "Surprised your father didn't call you about it and rag about how much I'm a disgrace."

"Dad wouldn't say such a thing," Krissy huffed. "Jamie, I know you're upset about how your work treats you, but don't take it out on my father."

"Why not? He was there; he and the other two would have rather argue about rules and such than actually do what they were there for," Jamie uttered as he walked out of the room.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing I can do or want to do, Kris. Other than looking for another job, I'm not working myself to the bone for that company," Jamie spoke, his voice trailing after him as he descended the stairs.

"Just don't go off half-cocked, okay? We have a little one we need to think about," Krissy said lovingly as she rested her hands on her stomach as they entered their kitchen.

"Hadn't planned on it."

Jamie pulled into the driveway of his former home half an hour before noon on Thursday. He was chafing with his houseguest, given how Rachel had a habit of just leaving her clothes strewn about the living room and drinking his beer without replacing it. Krissy was trying to keep him as happy as she could. He knew she was starting to upset Krissy as well, given the few arguments he'd heard. He was just glad Rachel left on some trip her company set up. He was just happy that he didn't have to deal with her during the rest of his time off.

"Jamie, could you get the presents for me?" Krissy asked as she walked along the side of his car.

"Do they need all these?" Jamie inquired as he opened the tailgate.

"Of course they do; you can't simply show up on Christmas without presents for our siblings," Krissy said, smirking at him, holding out her arms for the gift bags she got for Rhonda and her father while Jamie carried in Suzie's and Ben's presents. Smiling as she walked towards the front door as she heard Suzie's excited voice through the windows.

"Hello, Krissy, you're coming along nicely; I hope there hasn't been anything too worrying with your checkups," Rhonda greeted in a motherly voice.

"We're doing just fine; it seems she gets her orneriness from her father," Krissy chuckled, seeing the sparkle in Rhonda's eyes at the news of the sex of their baby.

"He was indeed a handful," Rhonda said, lightly hugging her stepdaughter. "Hello, son, I see you brought presents; I do hope those are for us," she teased.

"I could take them back, you know," Jamie retorted from over the top of the presents.

"No!" Suzie screamed out in bloody murder as she came racing past Krissy and her mother. "You can't do that, brother?!" Nearly causing Jamie to fall as she crashed into his legs.

"Suzie, I'm sure Jamie was only joking, weren't you, Jamie," David said, appearing in the doorway holding Ben against him.

"Really, was it really a joke?" Suzie asked, plumping out her lower lip as she peered up at her brother. Hugging Jamie even harder when he nodded, "Good, you shouldn't joke about taking back your presents to me," she said with a wide, toothy grin.

"Suzie, how about you bring your brother in from out of the cold, then we can open up your presents he brought," Rhonda said, softly giggling in her mind as Suzie quickly rushed behind Jamie and started to push him towards the door.

Squeals abounded when Suzie and Ben opened their gifts; Rhonda and David thanked the both of them for the gifts they had gotten them. Once Suzie and Ben were enamored with their new toys, Rhonda asked Jamie for help in the kitchen.

"Jamie?"

"Hmm?"

"I heard what happened Tuesday; you doing okay?" Rhonda asked as she dished up the green beans.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just wondering, is all, want to talk about it?"

"What's there to talk about? Your husband was more concerned with yapping his gums than actually doing his job there. They spent more time bickering over rules than they did talking to me. So I saw no reason to waste my time when I knew I wasn't getting the raise," Jamie said; he didn't care if David heard him or not.

"Why do you say that?" Rhonda inquired, looking over at her son.

"Because my boss hates me and has only been giving me the lightest of work to do."

"Jamie, that can't be right. Might you be exaggerating..." Rhonda's voice died in her throat when Jamie just gave her a look. She didn't have to guess what it meant; she knew wholeheartedly what it signified. "Okay, why do you think she hates you?" Arching an eyebrow when all Jamie did was tap the scar on his face. "Why would..." Scowling when all Jamie did was walk off carrying the beans into the dining room. "Come with me, son," Rhonda spoke, taking Jamie by the arm once their lunch was over. Handing him his coat and taking her own off the peg and led him out into the cold. "Honey, I know you still don't see me as your mother, but you're always going to be my baby," looping her arm around Jamie's as she led him to his car, "I know with the baby coming, you must be under a lot of stress. Your father was like that too when I told him I was pregnant with you. I know we still have some things to work out between us. Yet I hope we've made some headway in restoring some of our relationship. With your baby on the way, I thought maybe we could get back to how things were before things went sour between us. You're going to need help when she arrives; you should know how hard raising a baby is; you've seen it enough with Suzie and Ben. I'm not saying it will be easy for the two of us, but I'm willing to try," she said, smiling at her son as she slipped her hand into his coat pocket and pulled out the keys to Jamie's SUV. "Now let's go for a drive, and we can talk about why this boss of yours hates you and what it has to do with your scar."