The Devil's Due Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Twenty minutes later, Veronica, still dressed in nothing but her short silk robe, entered the dining room and took a seat on the opposite end from Sam. Sam had finished the remaining beer from the fridge and had moved on to single malt on the rocks. He slaked a small sip as he watched his unfaithful wife gingerly sit into one of the matched set chairs.

"Is he gone?" Sam said between quaffs of scotch. He knew that the interloper had been removed from the house. Sam had not seen the exit but had heard the commotion of Veronica helping Johnny to his feet after he regained consciousness and the opening and closing of the front door. Sam neither knew nor cared how Erickson had left, only that he was no longer in his home.

"Yes, he's gone, Sam, "Veronica stated plainly then began her apology. "Sam, I'm so sorry for..."

"Stop, Veronica," Sam halted her. "I don't want to hear it because I've already seen and heard more than you know. I want to know why, Ronnie. Why would you allow him and his friends to do what they did to me? I nearly died out there. You could have called them off. If you didn't want to be with me then I could have lived with that, but why have them beat me within an inch of my life? What did I ever do to deserve that?"

"I don't know..." Veronica whispered as her tears began to fall again, droplets landing on the lacquered wood of the dining table. "He has..." she began then cleared her throat, "he has a way of convincing me to do things I normally wouldn't consider."

"Yeah, I've seen how he 'convinces' you to do things." Sam revealed.

"Did you spy on us?" she asked shocked. "Did you put hidden cameras in the house?"

"It doesn't matter how I know these things, only that I do know. A little too late to spare myself some physical and emotional pain, as it turns out." Sam said with an internal wince. "What's important now, Ronnie, is that you know that you have some choices to make. Choices that will affect the both of us."

"Are you going to kill Johnny, Sam?" Veronica asked choking back more tears. "I didn't want you hurt..."

"I know," Sam divulged, "'Just scared', right? Yeah, I heard and saw everything. And I know everything. I know that you've been seeing him for longer than a year, him among others. I know about the pregnancies and the abortions. I didn't kill him tonight, Ronnie. But there's more pain coming his way. To him and his prick buddies that tried to kill me. Beat me and drugged me and left my carcass in the desert to be picked over by the buzzards..."

"But you've won, Sam!" Veronica declared. "You beat him, and he's scared. He'll leave you alone now. He'll leave us alone!"

"No, he won't," Sam responded. "He may be scared now, but he'll be back. He'll lay low for awhile then plot his comeback. But I'll stop him, Ronnie. And the next time I won't be so forgiving. Your first choice is to decide where your allegiance lies. Him or me. Your choice will not affect my plans either way. If you choose to go to him then you'll go tonight with nothing but your clothes and your shame. If you choose to stay then I'll tell you that things won't be easy, but I will give you one, and only one, chance to redeem yourself."

"What plans, Sam?" Veronica queried.

"I'll let you in on that after you decide," Sam answered. "My plans include you no matter what you choose, but there are two sets of plans when it comes to you, Ronnie dear. So, choose wisely."

Veronica wiped the tears from her eyes and cheeks then stood from the chair. She untied her robe and let it fall to the floor. She stood naked in front of her husband, her magnificent body on display for him. Padding barefoot around the table, she walked to him then sat nude in his lap.

"Of course, I choose you, Sam," she said then kissed his lips. "I'm sorry. I do love you, Sam. I want us to be us again. Just you and me. Is that possible?"

Sam looked into his wife's green eyes then returned her kiss. She stirred him. She always had. He wanted her, even after all that had happened.

"I want you to go to our room and strip the bedding," Sam told her. "Throw it out. I never want to see it again. Then I want you to go shower. Scrub him off your body. When you're done then maybe we'll talk about my new plans for the rest of my life. For us."

Veronica removed herself from Sam's lap and started out of the room to do as she was instructed. She reached down to pick up her robe from the floor, but Sam stopped her. "Leave it. We're throwing that out too."

Veronica said nothing, only stood upright again and continued her egress from the dining area. Sam took another sip of his scotch, the ice melted, and watched as Veronica's sweet ass bounced seductively back and forth with every step. He would take her tonight. After, he would decide what part she would play in his future.

++++++++++

In the cavern that served as their conference room, Lilith and Phineas watched the image on the stone wall that was the confrontation between Sam and Erickson and the subsequent conversation that their new partner had with his estranged wife. Lilith smiled as it watched Veronica disrobe then go to Sam in lustful subservience.

"Perfect," Lilith stated with a smile as it turned to her right-hand man. "It's coming together exactly as I had hoped. Go to him tomorrow, Phineas. Tomorrow, we set everything in motion. There will be no one to stop us now. This world will finally and wholly be ours again!"