The Diary of Jewel Delacroix Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As angry as he was, he just couldn't hold onto his anger. If Jules could find a way to contact his father and brother and tell them to leave the country there would be no reason he needed to stay in Allegoria. There would be no one left he needed to protect. Well, maybe his grandmother and grandfather, but they could leave with his dad or stay if they wanted to. He had no real emotional attachment to them.

Jules noticed his reflection in the glass walls of the elevator. For the first time in a long time he looked at himself and liked what he saw. Jules did see a woman, but he didn't see a helpless one, forced to parade herself around as arm candy for a rich sick bastard. Jules smiled a sincere unforced smile for the first time in a long time. Jules absentmindedly bit his lip. It was time to plan another escape.

As the elevator doors opened to the ground floor, Jules surprised Leanne by starting a conversation.

"Let's go shopping."

"Oh, and where would you like to go?" Leanne's instructions were to bring Jewel straight back to the estate. She was mistrustful of his motives, and with good reason. She saw he was biting his lip.

"I want to visit a stationery store and buy some stationery." Jules answered politely. "Do we have time before we go home?"

Leanne wondered what the lawyer actually said to the countess. She seemed to acknowledge that the estate was now her home. She had never done that before.

"I suppose we could stop for a few minutes. What items do you need?" Leanne asked. She was still suspicious of Jewel but wanted to encourage what looked like a promising development.

"Well Leanne, I'd like to start a diary."

Leanne smiled indulgently. "Why, of course your grace"

Leanne directed the driver to take them to the nearest stationery store. It wasn't far. A high end store was just a block away from the lawyer's office. There were even several to choose from being they were in the financial and legal district of the city.

But if Leanne expected Jewel to be disappointed when she left him in the limo, cuffed again to the eye bolt on the center of the floor, while she went inside to make the purchases for her, she was disappointed.

Leanne bought a large journal book, bound in bright pink leather with 'Dear diary' embossed in gold cursive on the front and other hearts and flowers on it. Leanne also ordered some official certified royal stationary and envelopes that Lady Delacroix requested. As an afterthought, Leanne selected an assortment of tasteful yet feminine style fountain pens for Lady Delacroix to write with.

Returning to the limo, Leanne watched as Lady Delacroix gushed excitedly over the lovely items.

Perfect, Jewel thought. Just the sort of thing that makes me want to puke. He smiled despite himself. I'll start writing my story tonight. That should give me time alone to think, she thought, biting her lip again. Now, all I need is a plan.

Leanne watched Jewel bite her lip again and sighed. Male brides, she thought. I guess no one ever said this would be easy.

12