All Comments on 'The 'Do Nothing' Option'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
OOAAOOAAover 1 year ago

GREAT story!!!

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Interesting, well-written story. I like your little postscript too - I don't need to know any more. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

no i want more.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Good, but I do like to hear the final confrontation. What led her to do it? She didn't seem unhappy, and it was only 3 years married, so was she always that way? Maybe a mirror story from her perspective?

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Stopped just right. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think the story was reasonably well-written, but gave it a low score because setting her up with the guy he supervises is OK as a way to bring her to the moment of truth, but if she says she is OK cheating on her husband, then Lee walks out and hubby divorces her. Only an asshole would have set his wife up to actually fuck another guy, even if she is a cheating slut. He could have gotten all the evidence he needed without that. And in US at least, a guy in a management position essentially paying an employee he supervises to fuck the manager's wife, would very likely get hubby fired. And paying for Lee's new clothes is actually very weird.

My conclusion, the author is a pretty good writer, but he tried to do too much in this story; Lee's shyness was a huge distraction to his main story line.

PraetusPraetusover 1 year ago

A really good study in selfishness. How the wife really has no empathy or care up until the point she's found out and has no escape.

Really heartbreaking and well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s like u suffer from

Pre mature ejaculation…

Sad…a nice story stopped abruptly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was hoping that it would turn out that she was telling the truth and then Lee would send a picture of a different women.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That was excellent and felt like something that could actually happen. Technology makes cheating so easy…well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Who was Tom as in "So you'll help me put my profile on this site?" Tom nodded"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story but I'm saddened by the author's decision to end it here, this has much more mileage in it yet.

Meisterberger1Meisterberger1over 1 year ago

Nice story, a bit of a different plot

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Very good story but you've delved into one part of UK law but not another.

I do think in some respects Pete would have been better off

In the UK it is illegal to suspend someone without pay if they are an employee. You suspend with pay pending a formal investigation and it all has to be done with witnesses and in writing.

Just being picky...

EVoSoLoEVoSoLoover 1 year ago

A why would have been interesting after all the effort you put into your ending roll out .

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 1 year ago

I despise men who cheat on women and women who cheat on men.

In this story no man was cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing much but standard stuff.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

An interest story. I would imagine this scene happens a lot with all these sites on the Internet. The husband did exactly what he could have done, except maybe stopping it cold, if that was me if I knew my wife was going to cheat on then I would stop it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with ending it here - We get the picture, as shredded as it may be. 5*

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Great title, it leads one to believe the outcome will be a bit different from the actual outcome. I really enjoyed the tale. The writing was easy to follow and had just enough of everything to spin the yarn and keep us intrigued.

The thing I most enjoyed was the fact it was written not as a BTB, Cuck or RACC. It was written from a perspective of a hurt individual. The one goal was to find if true or not and then move appropriately. Even when the truth was discovered the offended individual took action based on the plan and moved forward.

What to me made the tale better was even though the Pete was hurt he was not vindictive about leaving Tina. He contacted a support team for her and let them handle the aftermath of her actions.

While many of us would say FTDS. I have to say that the method in which you left the tale was a great touch. I think the last two steps I mentioned in this comment moved the tale from a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ to an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Thank you for writing such a well woven tale.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story well written. Got sucked into it.

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

Very well written good story

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

There were two plot items in this story that struck me as wrong.

1. The first was the drama about whether Tina would actually show up and cheat. Once she'd contacted Lee to make the arrangement to meet it doesn't matter any more. Pete knows all he needs to and the marriage is over.

2. The second was the way Pete was ordering his in-laws around on the phone, just giving them instructions without telling them what had happened until things had played out. They followed like sheep. Most people would have just gotten mad at Pete rather than going through his silly little game.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

Lee thought for a full five minutes. Pete sat quietly, not wanting to put the lad under any pressure. Eventually Lee spoke. "So you'll help me put my profile on this site?" Tom nodded. "And I just register with my photo and pay with my card?"

Whose Tom?

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Whew! I was afraid when he caught her cheating he was going to opt for the “do nothing” option! Nicely done! Not sure I could have had some coworker fucking my wife because I’d have to see him every day. Still, well played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, it was decent but in the end it read more like a report than a story. Very detailed logistics, but devoid of any real human emotions. The BTB fetishists should get a kick out of it though

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Great story that I liked a lot. Really better than a 4 just not really a 5.

This seems to happen even in real life. When the cheater gets caught, they cry and fall apart because they have to pay the piper. If it started after 2 1/2 years, then there was no chance for reconciliation.

It could have been longer but if you had to stop it at least you did it at a logical stopping point.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

There are people like this. Some can be fixed and some cannot.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

Hey Lee, help me trap my wife. No. Dont actually have sex with her because that really is shitty of you. If you succeed just hand her this petition for divorce. Then, I promise I'll help you find a girl.

Was a good story except for the shy boy following through with fucking his boss's wife, then taking pics of the fucking to work to prove to his coworkers that he not gay.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Well done! An original approach to a story in a genre with a lack of originality.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Well done! An original approach to a story in a genre with a lack of originality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Tajfa - why did she do it? I suspect that her honest answer would be "because I could", and nothing more.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

I gave it 4* because it was good, but you didn't finish it.

..

The best loving wives stories have three main components:

1) discovering the wife's infidelity.

2) the confrontation.

3) the aftermath.

-

The first act describes the marriage, and establishes the characters. Some writers go a bit overboard on the background of how they met, or the husband playing at being a PI, but for this story it was fine. The first act is basically the window dressing for the real meat of the story.

..

The confrontation is the dramatic high point. This is where the husband ends the wife's secret double life, and furiously confronts her about cucking him. The most highly scored stories usually have very memorable confrontation scenes, where the tearful wife begs for forgiveness as she realises she's broken her husband's heart and destroyed her marriage.

..

Finally, there's the aftermath, where the cheating wife suffers the consequences of her infidelity. If you skip that, you're missing out on seeing the cheater get humbled and filled with regret. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing an arrogant, selfish bitch like Tina get absolutely destroyed by a vengeful husband.

It's a shame you skipped the third act, because it would've been interesting to hear her excuses for why she was being a slut for random dudes off the internet, when they'd only been married three years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheating...its all about selfishness, greed, opportunity and a lack of caring about your spouse.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider1955over 1 year ago

Nah. Incomplete stories are just laziness or an author gets tired of his own story. It would be nice if authors would post at the beginning of the story that there is no real ending. Then we wouldn’t have to waste our time. Too bad you joined that handful of authors who write very well but can finish the story.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 1 year ago

Good story; original; 5* from me.

crazycam69crazycam69over 1 year ago

Excellent! 5 stars. I would, however, ask that you do continue on with the items mentioned at the end. Or allow other writers to add their spin. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would like to hear her side of this story. How she thought it was ok to cheat with no remorse until she was caught. Did she really care for him or just embarrassed her Mom and Dad found out she was a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FTDS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love it he broke the cheating cunt heart just like she did with his. The only difference is over time he might find a very good and faithful wife while she will always be a cheating cunt.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

4 stars - I am a septuagenarian and while I admit that there might be women on this planet that could be this heartless, just the thought of it, makes me soooo glad that I am way too old to ever experience this kind of pain first hand.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Agree that the story is over. Do not agree that the post-tryst phone communication with Lee could not have included how Sweetie’s bragging on his enthusiastic performance was eye-opening! One to three sentences.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Impressive story. Please write another. We need more non-cuck stuff on this site.

Hooked

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this one. It reminded me of my even, some years ago, when it was explained how the marriage no longer meant anything and my ring was thrown as hard as it could put into a field and lost forever.

Five stars

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyover 1 year ago

5* I like your decision to leave it where it lies. Your plot was so clear and realistic. I loved the characterization you achieved from the main down to the more minor characters like Jason. Excellent mechanics and execution.

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhyover 1 year ago

Interesting read. A man in that situation would want to stop immediately, but with doing that she would just lay low a while then do it again just maybe a different method. Unfortunately the only way to truly stop it is she would have to stop herself. A guy stopping her when she was adamant about going through with it would just be a bandaid, not the cure. Sad to think there are some out there that do this shit "because they can" or "just bored."

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

It is a good story and it is at least unique to my reading on here. I do think you need a postscript, if for anything to see how Lee made out. In.my world the other guys would look at him as a god& he gets his confidence up& is a favorite with the girls.

Too I think he needed closure with Tina,even if it was just the Martian Slut Ray or she was just an immature ass. She showed him real contempt, so he would want to know. More than likely she was just a spoiled girl who never had to think of consequences, and friends prob put her on to the cheating site.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

That was a totally compelling story well told!

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindover 1 year agoAuthor

Damn! I changed the husband's name part way through the story because Tina and Tom just jarred after a while. I must have read the draft a dozen times afterwards to make the change and still missed that instance. Sincere apologies.

The responses seem reasonably well split between those agreeing with my decision to end where I did, and those feeling that I must have got bored and lost interest in finishing. There was also a small but significant number who just didn't like it. I'll try to take all of your constructive criticisms on board.

I was intrigued by the suggestion that I tell Tina/Annie's side of the story. That way I could also deal with the aftermath from the perspective of the exposed cheat. Mmm, interesting idea, though you realise that publishing it in the Loving Wives category will result in me being crucified if I'm even slightly sympathetic towards her?You don't care about that though; I suppose that would be a 'me' problem. I shall give it some thought...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story stands well on its own, but I can see where continuing could show how something that seems so simple has compounding consequences like the photos being shown at her husband's works ruining her reputation and causing her husband problems, wolf whistles and photos seen when she shows to beg her husband, possible pregnancy, spreading an STD from earlier rendezvous, seeing hubby out with other women. Parents kick her out. Decision like hers rolls downhill and compounds pretty quick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not liking this one too much. Two stars.

Awful lot of remote control to direct others to do his work. Outing her. Confronting her. Tell her this. Show her that. She just told you a lie, so ask her this.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 1 year ago

Great work, and yes, you ended it where you should have.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"In fact he, more truthfully Pete, described Tina." - Well, Duh! They're trying to see if she's interested in cheating, of course they're going to describe her.

\

"if she claimed that it was just a naughty drunken prank with the girls" - A prank would have been setting up the account. Following through with a match is much more than a prank.

\

Too dry.

\

I have no problem with him letting Lee go through with the fuck. Lee apparently brought up her husband and she laughed it off.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was a 5* story. Very impressive, very well told. Interesting recent change to the divorce laws. Well spotted and well used. More stories, please!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

You ended it exactly where you should have. It’s not about all the alternate ways things might play out, it is about dissolution. The dissolution of trust, of honour, of respect and of the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting, but if I’d been Eddie I’d have quickly resented the way Pete treated him and hung up. It’s not that Pete got his in-laws involved; it’s the disrespectful way he treated them like puppets. (If he treated his wife like that, I’m not surprised she looked elsewhere.)

Geezer83Geezer83over 1 year ago

Good story, great postscript

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only one thing missing, the Human Beings. Just another case of Martian Slut Ray? He was married to an arrogant soulless deceitful lying piece of shit for a woman, and he had no clue, no instinct, no weird vibes, no fucking changes in her character or personality? So she was always this empty and heartless, cruel, that is the person he dated, courted, came to know, love, understand, and respect? A whore, who got bored and tired of faking it? He got what he married, so he got what he deserved. Hell, the dumb shit didn't even ask the guy she fucked if she insisted on a condom. So how many different men has he shared her with? How many venereal diseases did she bring home? Right, that would require getting into her reasons, motives, trying to analyze and understand the human element. Great information and illustration of his methods and technique, but nothing about what went wrong with their relationship. Oh well, maybe a writer with the wit and imagination will fill in those minor details for us. Thanks for the effort.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Great story!! Ended perfectly. A bloke in Dunfermline told me about catching his wife and declared, "I kicked 'er cheating arse into touch!" MC did the same. 5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where do you end it? Where do you end it? HELLO McFLY HELLO! You end it with RESOLUTION, whatever that.... You know what nevermind, your too fucking stupid to understand that anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story a lot!

Few authors are brave enough to deal with an ambiguously gay man, married to a beard, the trauma as she is denied a sex life, how, in a fit of rage, he quarters his work force because he felt his unacknowledged sexual preferences were mocked, meeting Lee for an assignation, clearly disappointed when his Gaydar didn’t ping!

Such frustration reared up as his self loathing was redirected to the woman who could not satisfy him and whom he could not satisfy.

I know that isn’t what you wrote but I like my version better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. And no epilogue required; it would only detract from the impact.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Yeah, l liked it. In some ways it was brutal, being exposed in front of your own parents.

But Tina deserved it, and more.

What a lowlife bitch she was.

jmm999jmm999over 1 year ago

You're obviously British. I've posted 15 stories on this site and my emails are inundated with 'You didn't finish it' and 'Write a sequel'

My compliments; this was perfect. Five stars.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Nearly every single decision made in this story is bizarre, unnecessary or just weird. This dude has a staff of immature assholes who are only going to lose all respect for their boss when Lee tells them he fucked the wife. That the boss played Cyrano is more than enough to make him look pathetic. This "I don't love him anymore" might be true but it's still weird. The whole shit with Eddie was stupid too. "Ask her what she did" making his inlaws have to show their daughter everything. Is Pete 12? He might be wronged but he acts like an immature fuckwhit.

I found this way too immature and strange to be enjoyable.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Pretty straightforward. Okay. No explanation for her behavior. Are her parents really blameless? D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Similar to my fiancee texting her "girlfriend" in the evening's then finding out it was one of my friends. Worse was we'd bring up people we knew during pillow talk and she'd always bring "him" up and be interested in why we called him Don the dong. She always got excited when I mentioned something about his big cock.

The only difference is I never said anything and pretended to not know. I started bringing him up regularly which drove her crazy in bed. I told her that I know he'd love to fuck her but was afraid if it happened she love his big cock more than my small penis.

After we married he got involved with a woman and it ended with my wife. 8 months into our marriage my older single neighbor started fucking her. I set it up with him to happen and 5 years later they're still going strong and we're officially in a cuckold marriage. I love that my wife cheats all because I don't satisfy her with intercourse.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

1* for no epilogue, you'll eventually learn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pete is a LOSER!!! It's no wonder why the heartless CUNT was cheating on him. Calling her parents was lame. Fuck the CUNT, Let her findout on her own. Send the Parents the evidence and be done with it. But you made Pete out to be a wimp who cared about the CUNT. Fuck her! She didn't give a shit about him. The only good part is that he did divorce her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LOL: In describing what you didn't want to write, you wrote it. Nice, straight forward story. However, I take strong dislike in having his in-laws act as interference. He should've been there for the confrontation, I've mixed feeling, but understand the need to have Lee involved. And Pete's dealing with that employee, I'm mixed as to it's inclusion. I gave it 3 stars because of the above, but written a bit differently, could've been 4. Bob

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story. The confrontation through her parents was the perfect revenge. I always want more story, but that will do.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

It was a fairly good story. If you had left off the postscript, I'd have given it a 4*. But you had to " Na Na " so you ended up with 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ftds

GrimmerGrimmerover 1 year ago

It needs a follow up or two. Decent tale however definitely unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good but a close out follow up would be great

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

"..In April 22, a new law came into effect in the UK that allowed no-fault divorce at the request of either or both parties. There is no longer any need to prove abuse or infidelity."

REALLY? I thought it was almost 50 years before that? "Irretrievable Breakdown" wasn't it called?

OR have I time-shifted into another dimension in the space/time continium yet again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol, you broke it there because she broke your heart… cringe.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

I think the story lacks depth without an ending that deals with Tina’s treachery and disregard for Pete’s feelings. I understand the relationship is broken and would love to know her needs to follow her path to adultery Thanks for the story.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I enjoyed both parts, they were well written.

Divorce on the grounds of irretrievable breakdown existed under UK law in 1972 when my wife divorced me, with a waiting period of 2 years. I don't know if the law has changed since then.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I came back to this one to refresh myself on the core plot. Not sure why you did a follow up? 5*

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh this was good, nice set up nicely written characters and plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, it was pretty well written story of infidelity. It was different that the confrontation was through Tina's parents instead of directly with Pete and Tina. I would not condone using an employee of the same company to have sex with the wife. It was different version but he should have gone directly to the hotel and confronted Tina as she walked in the door. I would have a slightly different version that she only set this up as a way to spice things up with her husband. Lee kind of knows what is going on and he and Tina set things up to rile up Pete. Of course they do not really have sex but just make Pete think that they did. I could only imagine what Pete would think when he finds out that they pulled a prank on him or what Tina would think after everything was destroyed by Pete. All in all, a well written story. Waiting to read the next chapter.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 1 year ago

Outstandingly good! Thanks for sharing it

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Who

Who is Tom?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good story but one factual error, divorce law change was only in England and Wales where they caught up with what had been the law in Scotland since the 1980s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

His phone pinged. It was a text and pic from Lee....Lee wrote that he had all kinds of sex with Annie.... And she even let him take her pic.... Pete looked at the pic of the cheating woman and his mouth dropped open, Yes, the naked woman resembled his wife but it was clear, It wasn't Tina.... Oops. He quickly looked up Emma's phone number, called it and Emma answered the phone.... She had been out of the country but returned early, She then asked if his wife got home safely... Further Oops. Further, She mentioned that the two of them went to a pub and met up with Tina's co-workers.... Oops.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This was a pretty good story, dealing with cheating, etc Revenge is best. My difficult times started with a video of my husband's recent college grad / intern blowing him. Wow extreme depression and then... he received a selfie video of my hand on a nice big black cock opening my freshly shaved pussy lips, my audio was, "Wow, now that's what I call a big cock, let's see if it'll fit...Oh my, oh my god." We agreed to split, but I'm the one smirking when our paths cross.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I rather think there is still the need to untangle the finances under English law, which can rather delay matters!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Getting her parents involved was a good way to reduce one of the hassles of insisting on divorce. If she has time to think, she spins some BS to her family minimizing what she did. She works her loyal parents get with his and try to pressure him to reconcile.

Having her parents there as the full impact of betrayal comes down will diminish the likelihood that her parents try to patch things up.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree with most of the comments. It was pretty decent, but it seemed to be told without any emotion...like he was dead inside.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

I loved this story. I see some comments complaining about lack of emotion or Pete having the wrong emotions. As someone that believes in fidelity in a marriage and was on the receiving end of finding out that my spouse slept w/ more men while we were married than I slept with in my whole ife, I can tell you no "correct" emotion exists. So, I found the reactions you wrote for Pete to be totally believable.

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Very good! Nice side benefit of helping Lee to gain experience.

WillowghbyWillowghby6 months ago
I Liked It

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good way to make sure that her parents, and everyone else, know that she’s to blame. There’s too many stories where the husband allows the traitor to make him out to be the bad guy.

ZK

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
673 Followers
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES