All Comments on 'The Dressing Table Ch. 02'

by CamillaHumby

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Errrr - strange!

Nice in a way - but I don't think I could put with a wife as submissive as that for very long.

josephstevensjosephstevensover 11 years ago
Different!

Yes, a quirky story...and quite erotic in a strange way. Not explaining myself very well, here, but I did enjoy it, and wondered what was to come.....a story full of intense feelings, and also throw-away lines...fun!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Good

Very good to NOT be in that marriage on EITHER side! Very effectively written as a stage monologue, except for some editing oversights.

4*

CamillaHumbyCamillaHumbyover 11 years agoAuthor
The Dressing Table (series)

Thank you everyone for your comments. I especially like hearing 'quirky' and 'fun' - I don't set out to be those things, I just begin with an idea and let the story flow.

When a woman is alone, what does she think about? A dressing table is a private thing and has very personal associations. This woman considers her life, her body, her relationship, and the consequences of the choices she has made, big and small. I like to think that the in aftermath of the physical expression of love and the intimacy she shared with her husband wraps around her like a warm, soft blanket. The only unsettling element is the anticipation of his return to share her bed.

As always, she's asking herself, "Does he love me and how much?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3 year old dialogue.

You imagine people talking like that?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous