All Comments on 'The Entity Pt. 08'

by JPMMURPHY

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Homophones

The plot is carrying me along, but please check your spelling more. The biggest mistakes I saw in this installment were homophones or near-homophones. On the first page, "He preferred the ladder"!? I mean what? I assume you meant "latter". There were a few other howlers too. It just breaks up the flow of reading an otherwise enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Agreed

The previous poster echoes comments I've made on earlier submissions by this author. Yet another example of the homophone errors, "it was as plane as the nose on his face." Most of the grammar errors I've seen seem to involve commas or apostrophes. "Expert's feel that Wright was able to gather..." and "we'll wash the, Bitch, up!" I'm at a loss as to why this was posted before it was even proofed. The author admits as much in the notes at the beginning of this chapter. Overall, the quality of the writing and the storyline are quite good. Even though I'd like to beat the author bloody with my shoe for committing the same errors chapter after chapter and STILL not using grammarcheck or an editor, I cannot bring myself to rate this chapter at anything less than 75. Perhaps after the last poster's comments, the author will see that it DOES effect the rating of the overall work and be more diligent in the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous