The Floating World Pt. 06: Madelyn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He already has." Maddy laughed too, a joyous chuckle. "It's the only payment he really wants, to be so close to your luscious limbs that your aroma envelopes him while he dresses you up and makes you worth undressing. I have to insist he takes money. He only does it so he can feed the cat."

"Oh Madelyn, that's not true," Bonnard protested. He winked at Juliette and whispered, "I don't even have a cat."

For the next half an hour Bonnard fitted Juliette with three perfect bras, matching knickers, stockings and a garter belt. "Ttt Ttt, that colour's all wrong, let's try another... oh, my darling, that's perfect! Look at you." Juliette did, and adored herself in Bonnard's mirror.

"We'll find a pretty dress next door," said Madelyn. "Here, we stay close to the skin."

She stood up, and came across to the dressing space, where Juliette stood in her new lingerie, dark shades of satin and silk set off against her glowing skin. "Did you find the perfect one, Bonnard?" she asked.

"I did, Madelyn. You'll find it fits just right. In the box, here you are." Bonnard handed Maddy a small box, velvet covered with a small golden clasp. At first, Juliette thought it might be jewellery, but it was so much better than that.

Madelyn took a black lace choker with a simple criss-cross pattern out of the box and placed it carefully around Juliette's throat. She kissed Juliette once on the lips and placed her finger there, a silence, nothing said.

Bonnard was right, it fitted perfectly. He'd judged her throat, just right.

"Thank you, Bonnard, you wonderful man," and Maddy kissed him, too.

"My pleasure, Madelyn, as always."

As they left the shop, wearing her boots and her flowing dress once again, and wearing her lingerie too, Juliette flung her arms around Bonnard's neck and kissed him, a third loving kiss.

She didn't say a word, she didn't need to. He'd paid her enough already, by breathing her deeply in.

* * * *

"Umm, hi, is that Adam?

"Yes, Adam Cain, that's who I'm after. You're that Adam? Good.

"It's Juliette. You might remember me, from the restaurant last month? With Madelyn... yes, Maddy. That's right.

"Anyway, Maddy asked me to call you, to say we'll be there in fifteen minutes. But to be downstairs, we'll be in a different car. Hers is too small.

"Going to? I don't know, she's not said.

"Yes, this is my phone... no, I don't have it. She calls me, but it's always a blocked call."

Juliette laughed. "I guess so. But at least you've got my number now, and I've got yours.

"She might not like that..." She laughed again. "Fifteen minutes, then. I'm looking forward to it. Bye, yes, see you."

Juliette ended the call, and turned to Maddy, seated beside her in the rear seat of the car. "He said, since neither of us have your number, we should call each other. I think I'd like that. He sounds very nice. Where's he from again? That accent..."

"Juliette, darling, you're chattering." <i>I didn't know you did pretty, Madelyn.</i> "Nerves or excitement?"

"Both," replied Juliette. "I don't know what to expect."

"Neither do I, darling. But Adam's just so... quiet."

"Still waters run deep?" Juliette wondered.

"I hope so." Maddy registered where she was. "Turn left at the next lights, then the second right."

"Okay," said their driver.

"That's why I like him," mused Maddy. "He's so calm, so still. It drives me crazy, but I can't avoid his charm."

"Do you want to?" asked Juliette. "Avoid his charm, I mean."

"Oh no, I couldn't do that," Madelyn replied, and they both laughed. Madelyn took Juliette's hand in hers, between them on the seat. The grey leather was cold.

Adam was waiting on the pavement outside his apartment block when the car pulled up. Summonsed by Madelyn's wave from the rear window on the passenger side, he came towards the car. After a moment his face lit up with a broad grin, some recognition or other, some amusement.

"Get in the front," said Madelyn.

"With pleasure," he replied, still amused. "With my old mate, James." He opened the passenger door, looked in, grinned, and sat down. "Maate, long time, no see! How are you? Still driving the old Beemer, I see. New tyres, yet?"

"You know each other, then?" asked Madelyn. "What a coincidence. He was just the first Uber driver who came along with the right sized car."

"Oh yes, my old friend, James. He was rather... judgemental, shall we say, on a short ride a little while ago. The looks he can give, Maddy, glancing in the rear-view mirror. Goodness me, how he judged two innocent men."

The driver glared at him, clearly remembering the smug shit beside him, and the long-haired youth with the awkward bag.

"But he'll be confused now, me with two women."

Adam acknowledged Juliette, turning in the seat to greet her. "Hello, Juliette. Lovely to see you again. I love the dress, very summery."

"Leave him be, Adam. Remember what you said to me, at the restaurant." Madelyn grew tired quickly when it wasn't her toying. Besides, Adam needed to be told and unsettled, and what better place to start, than right here at the beginning.

"Yes, sorry Madelyn, you're right. Too easy. Sorry, mate, do as she says. I would."

"You will, Adam, when I'm ready." Madelyn said, no emotion given away in her voice.

"Mate, you're in trouble," the driver whispered, feeling redeemed.

"Your opinion, driver, is not required." Maddy observed. "Just drive. You do know where we're going?"

"Yes ma'am, ten minutes."

"Ma'amselle, please. You see, Adam, it's quite easy to be nice, when you want to be."

"I'll pay attention, Madelyn, next time."

"Oh, you will, Mister Cain, you will. I have no doubt about that, none at all."

The driver smirked, <i>You're fucked, mate,</i> and Juliette smiled quietly to herself. She squeezed Maddy's hand, and was rewarded by a brief pressure back. Adam swallowed, and looked straight ahead.

Madelyn sat back, the wind through the open rear window warm against her skin, blowing strands of hair about her face. She reached forward with her left hand, gently placing the tips of her thumb and forefinger against Adam's neck, as if measuring him. She smiled. It would fit nicely, she thought. Madelyn wanted him now, and would have him. What Adam wanted no longer mattered, he just didn't know that yet.

The car pulled up beside a short, gravelled walk to a gate, surrounded by landscaped bushes and trees, a vibrant spread of colour. The driver got out and flipped the boot release with his remote. He reached in to extract a picnic basket and some rugs, which he set down a short way along the path. He then opened the rear door for Juliette, admiring her legs as she stepped out of the car. At the same time, Adam got out and opened Madelyn's door, reaching in for her hand.

She flowed gracefully from the vehicle, a long skirt splitting around a longer leg; no stockings, bare skin. Adam's eyes narrowed in appreciation at the tight vest top she was wearing, clinging to her small and braless breasts.

Madelyn smiled, liking that he liked what he saw, and wondered how far she could push him. Clearly, he wanted her. Could she make him <i>need</i> her, make him beg, tumble him right over his edge? She wanted something more than desire, she wanted something uncontrollable, out of control. The thought vaguely crossed her mind that she might need that too, in herself, as well as want it. Perhaps they might fall off their cliffs together, she wryly thought, each too proud to save the other. She looked at Adam with a new appreciation - nobody had triggered <i>that</i> thought before. Damn the man, finding a weakness in Maddy?

"Something amusing you, Madelyn?" he asked.

"Actually, yes," she replied cryptically, but gave him no enlightenment. Was this why she liked the man so much, because she wanted him quite badly? She just wasn't sure what for. What was that poem of Juliette's again, something laid out on a table?

She recovered herself. "Adam. I'm so glad you could make it. It's a perfect day for a picnic, don't you think?" She pecked him on the cheek, stroking her hand down his jaw, directing his gaze to hers. "I invited Juliette. She's a sweet thing, I hope you don't mind. You can talk poetry while I watch."

"Watch what, Madelyn?"

"You'll see. Did you wear your watch? Oh good, you did. Good boy." Maddy reached out her hand. "May I have it, please?"

Adam raised his eyebrow, curious, but undid the metal band, and passed his watch to her.

She slipped it on her own, more slender, wrist and admired it, turning her hand back and forth. "There. Your time is my time, now. Let me go check with your man, to collect us."

She went across to the driver, and made a show of pointing at the watch, sorting out times.

Adam turned to Juliette. "Well, that was strange. What's she got of yours?"

Juliette turned to him, touching her fingers to the delicate choker at her throat. "Me. All of me. And she's bought me beautiful clothes. She said something about women being dressed to impress women, undressed to impress men, so perhaps we're going to find that out."

"She does like an orchestration, Maddy, doesn't she?"

"She likes more than that," replied Juliette, remembering her fingers fucking Maddy, and Maddy's mouth on hers. She was curious to see what Maddy had planned for Adam and her.

She appraised the man before her, thinking she would know him very well by the time Maddy was done. Juliette didn't mind the idea of that, thinking back to the restaurant where she'd imagined baring her neck to both his and Maddy's teeth. She was willing, but she vaguely thought Adam might fight. Now <i>that</i> might be exciting to watch. Juliette felt a little shiver on her skin, even though the air was still and warm.

She looked up at Adam's grey-blue eyes and saw everything more sharply. His gaze, looking back at her, was like a calmness in a still place. Maybe that's what Maddy wanted, to crack that calm, to see him undone. Or, to fall into that still, deep pool herself, and find herself undone. One could never tell with Maddy.

Juliette wondered what Maddy did with people when she got bored, and she also remembered the negotiation outside the toilet door, when she'd worked the woman up from two hundred to three hundred bucks, and how Maddy hadn't expected that. She had something of the crazy woman's measure, but wasn't exactly sure what.

She knew something of herself, too, but was curious about Adam. Where did he fit in to all of this? Who was he? She linked her arm through his, but wasn't sure if she was laying a claim or becoming a companion. Adam looked down at her, but she didn't have time to read his reaction.

"Good, that's settled," said Maddy, coming up to them. "The car's all sorted, to collect us. I just need to call him. Adam, darling, can you carry the hamper? Juliette and I will bring the rugs." She bent down to pick up a rug, and started walking down the path. "I wonder if there's anybody else here, at this time of day?"

"What if there is?" asked Juliette. "What will it matter?"

"Oh, you know I like my privacy, darling."

"But it's a public garden, Madelyn. You don't own it." Adam pointed out. "But look, there's a 'Closed for Maintenance' sign. We could put that by the gate, if you like."

"No," said Juliette. "Let strangers come in, let them see."

She spun around and her light summer dress swirled up in a wide circle of cloth like a toreador's cloak. "Maddy can be like the woman in 'En robe de parade - Samain' and you can be the indiscreet man, Adam."

"Juliette, is that another of your poems? You two, you have the advantage over me, I'm feeling all left out." Maddy pouted, knowing full well she wouldn't be left out at all.

Adam laughed. "We'll need to find a little wall to cast your shadow against, you've got the flowing skirt already."

"See, you know exactly what Juliette's on about. Do I need to keep an eye on you two?"

"I thought you already were," replied Adam.

"Ah ha, Mister Cain, you've spotted the method in my madness." Maddy's eyes sparkled, she was going to enjoy herself this afternoon with her two new pets.

"More the madness in your method, Madelyn. But this place, you surprise me. I didn't think you so peaceful."

"I'm not always a woman in a hurry, Adam. Sometimes, I like a still place." She remembered his eyes holding hers when she fingered herself and came in their first meeting place, his quiet intensity anchoring her exhibition.

"Where are we?" asked Juliette.

"The Japanese Gardens," replied Adam. "It's one of my favourite places. Quite close to perfection."

Maddy heard his words, his deliberate choice of phrase, and was delighted. "Yes, perfection's very close, isn't it? I wonder if we'll find it." She kissed him lightly on the lips. "Come on, let's show Juliette."

"The trick, Juliette, is to go slowly, turn every corner with wide open eyes, and stop." Adam stopped walking, just before the entry arch. "See what I mean?"

Juliette saw a gateway in front of her, with two wooden doors opening inwards towards the garden. Beyond, she saw a path, but could see nothing else, for it forked just past the entry gate, one path curving out of sight to the left, the other out of sight to the right. She understood the space immediately - choices to be made with a vista beyond; come back again and go the other way, another time, in another place.

She turned to see Maddy and Adam standing side by side behind her. "It's clever," she said, and walked on ahead of them, one of the rugs tucked under an arm.

Maddy looped her arm through Adam's, and they too stepped through the gate, content to follow Juliette as she explored. She came to the fork in the path, looked left, then right, then took three more steps down the right-hand path, and stopped. "That's gorgeous, really lovely."

In front of her lay a small lake with a low mound of an island closer to one end, and further on, curves of rock and reed along the edge of its shore, with several stone viewing platforms and a flat stone bridge. A family of ducks had made one of the platforms its own, scattering the rock with black and grey droppings. The parent ducks stood watch, the drake standing on a rock, while the fledglings lay together, lazing in the warm sun.

"Look, there's a turtle's head." Juliette pointed, and they could see the tiny eyes just above the waterline.

She took in a deep breath before turning again to Maddy and Adam. Her eyes were bright, her lips slightly parted, and she was delightfully young and fresh. She spread her arms wide.

"Undo some buttons," she said, "I want to feel the sun on my skin."

Adam, carrying the picnic hamper in one hand, with Maddy on his other arm, was encumbered, and couldn't easily do it. Maddy moved forward, dropping her rug on the ground, and undid the top three buttons of Juliette's dress, revealing the cleavage between her breasts, and the edges of her lacy cupped bra. She carefully arranged the collar to show Juliette's throat and the delicate lace of the choker.

Maddy stroked the length of Juliette's throat with two fingers. "Isn't she lovely?" she said, presenting Juliette to Adam, but making it clear whose she was.

"Very beautiful, Maddy. You're lucky to have found her."

"Do you know," Maddy replied, "I think she might have found me."

This time, Juliette put her arm through Maddy's, and the two women walked on. "Pick up the rug, there's a darling."

"Am I your slave, Madelyn?" asked Adam.

" If you want to be," she replied.

Juliette smiled, and leaned her head against Madelyn's shoulder. The sun felt lovely and warm on the bare skin of her arms. She inhaled the scent of her mistress, and wondered what would happen. Maddy did indeed like an orchestration.

Behind them, they heard Adam bend down to pick up the dropped rug, and the sound of crockery sliding in the picnic hamper. "Christ," they heard him mutter, "who packed this?"

"Ooh, that was me. Didn't I tighten the straps?" Maddy laughed, "I'm so forgetful."

"No, you're not, Maddy. I doubt you forget much at all."

"You're very probably right." She chuckled. "Where shall we go? Somewhere shady, I don't want to catch the sun on my perfect skin."

Adam's eyes creased with a smile.

"How about over there?" Juliette pointed to the far corner of a well-kept lawn where a small glade had been laid out, backed by willows and semi-enclosed by a circle of small shrubs and low bushes. A standing stone had been placed at the outermost edge to evoke a distant mountain, and by the entry to the glade a stone lantern stood watch. At night in Edo it would have been lit. Here, it was a ceremonial thing.

"A garden within a garden, that's just what we need," replied Madelyn.

Juliette ran ahead, spinning once as she darted across the lawn. The swirl of her dress lifted the cloth high, showing her thighs and the lacy edge of her knickers.

"Isn't she gorgeous?" Madelyn admired the girl.

"Yes, indeed," replied Adam. "She seems to do you good."

"She does, doesn't she? I'm quite taken by her. She's very like me when I was her age."

"That's not so long ago, Madelyn."

"You flatter me, Mister Cain."

"Just watching my Ps and Qs."

Maddy laughed, delighted with Adam's response. "Come on, you wonderful man. Let's have our picnic. Over there, I think, don't you?"

Adam followed her to a spot just in front of the rock. She took the two rugs, the first one thrown to her by Juliette, and laid them out, then lay down, stretching herself out. "My shoes, if you don't mind." She looked up at Adam, a glint in her eye.

"I imagine you have grapes, Madelyn," he said, drily, but knelt at her feet to undo the straps of her heeled sandals, carefully holding each foot as he did so.

"Go on, you might as well, while you're down there."

Adam took each toe with its shining red polished nail into his mouth, one by one, sucking hard on it, tasting her faint sweat, stretching the length of each foot with his hands. Madelyn sighed with pleasure. "Ooo, you delectable man," she whispered.

Juliette watched and, without a word, slipped her own sandals off and presented her feet to Adam for attention. She lay facing Maddy, and both women looked down at the man at their feet, before turning towards each other for a kiss. Juliette's hand crept up inside Maddy's tank top, fingers rolling the nub of her nipple up to a tight peak. Madelyn gently stroked the girl's hair, looking again at Adam as he caressed their feet.

"He's very good, isn't he?" she said, and Juliette smiled, twisting Maddy's nipple hard to give her a sharp pain. "Ohh, naughty girl, so are you."

"What else have you got to eat?" asked Adam, shifting himself up beside them, a thickness evident in his trousers.

"Did I say you could stop?" Madelyn smiled, waiting for his response.

"No, but you promised me a picnic, Madelyn."

"Adam, so fierce, so demanding. See, Juliette, I told you he could be wilful."

"You shouldn't tease him, Madelyn." Juliette grinned. "It's too easy."

"Juliette, you <i>are</i> naughty! Isn't she bad, Adam, teasing you like that?"

Adam looked at the two women, an inscrutable look on his face. "Hmm, a man on a stage with no script. I'd better just do as I'm told, then?" He turned to the picnic hamper as if to assert himself over something, at least.

"Something like that, but it's only a picnic, my darling," Madelyn replied, "not the end of the world."

"Madelyn, I expect with you, even the apocalypse would do as it's told."

She laughed. "Oh, Mister Cain, you flatter me. You know I wouldn't do that." She looked at him with pleasure in her eyes. "Come here, you beautiful man, you may kiss me if you like."

"Fuck me, Madelyn, only if I like?" He leaned in towards her. "What do I need to do, to please you?"