The Ghost Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

"Hey Parker, the boss wants to see you in her office as soon as you get a chance today." Miles sets a stack of papers on my desk and taps the top of the stack before offering a half assed salute as he walks away.

Great. I think. I press my fingers into my temple. Nightmares, a migraine, and now a meeting with the boss, my day can't get any better.

Thirty minutes later I'm outside the door to her office. I can see her talking on her phone through the glass wall. She's wearing a black and white suit like always, no frills, minimalist and clean. Her hair is done up in a bun. If I had to guess, I would guess she was a mix of latino and asian heritage. It's difficult to guess her age, but she can't be older than thirty. There's a slight slant to her eyes, and her skin is a dark tan. Elizabeth Drummer is her name, and she runs Halyth Partners and Co, one of the most successful brokerage houses in New York.

Her entire life a perfected presentation of corporate efficiency, and she has a reputation for being a ruthless hardass because of it. She gestures me in, and I take a seat in front of her desk. A view of downtown Manhattan stretches into the distance.

"Parker," She nods and sets her phone down on the table, "I'll be brief so we can both get on with our day." She slides an envelope towards me on the wood countertop, which I suspect is Mahogany. "I have an important deal I'm working on with the board about a potential partner firm, Oakridge Holding. I'm sure you've heard of them. This is a big deal, and an important one, I need you to look at what's in there as the person who is the most familiar with our books and tell me what you think." Elizabeth gestures at the envelope, which I open cautiously. "Usually I'd never consider you for this, but Holler is delayed at Heathrow and won't make it tonight, our pilot called in sick." Holler was our Chief Financial Officer.

My eyes widen as I scan the contents, "You're considering a merger?" I ask in surprise.

"This is strictly between us, you understand that?" Elizabeth says.

"Yes, of course."

"I need you at a meeting tonight over dinner, at Dorsia. I need someone who can explain our books. Our clients. Can you do that?"

"Yes, you said Dorsia?" I ask in surprise. It's arguably the best, most expensive, and booked restaurant in the entire city.

"I'll cover the meal, don't disappoint me. Everything is riding on this impression. I just sent you the time."

I gulp, smiling as she stares me down. "I'll be there."

"Excellent, you can go." Her hard gaze is redirected to her computer screen, and I stand awkwardly, making my way to leave. I'm halfway out the door when she speaks, "and Parker..."

"Yes?" I almost stutter.

"Don't wear that piece of shit suit, you look like you stole it from a homeless twelve year old. Take the day off, get something made and put it on the company tab. Go to the tailor on fifth, Broads brothers, tell them I sent you. Prepare your presentation."

"Yes, sorry ma'am." I wince, closing the door behind me.

Now that she mentions it, the suit is quite tight, I don't know how I didn't notice it before.

Hi babe, you know it's kinda tight in here. A woman's voice says.

I jump, looking around me in surprise for the source of the voice. I'm alone in the hallway.

Don't pretend like you don't recognize me. The voice says, sounding mockingly.

"Lilia?" I hiss. Christ, I'm developing schizophrenia on the same day I'm asked to help decide the future of the entire company. A cold sweat gathers on my brow.

"Not schizophrenia! We're sharing your body now, and you know what they say, two is better than one."

I gasp in shock as my arms move on their own accord, jerking left and right before clapping together. I jump out of view of Elizabeth's office, horrified as I try to force my arms back under control. This was just a panic attack, nothing more. I sprint past a concerned intern and push into a bathroom, locking the door behind me when I see that it's all clear.

"Oh my, what a funny feeling. Lilia says. It's like I'm you, but not you. There's so many things I could do, so much to change, so much to learn!"

I need to see a psychiatrist, or an exorcist. Probably both. The nightmare from the night before is still haunting me, and now the stress is finally breaking my fragile mind. I knew I should have taken my vacation when I had the chance.

"Lilia... or my subconscious, whatever you are. We need this deal. We can do this, I can do this. Now I need to go get dressed for the occasion."

"I heard! You know, these high end business types, all they care about is appearances. Believe me, I banged enough of them to know. I'm still learning, but you probably noticed my work already."

"Your... work?" I say wearily. I guess I am resigned to talking with myself now. It was at least helping with my nerves.

"Oh yes! I made you taller. Small change, but I can do bigger ones I think. It's like stretching, but not quite the same, since I'm all cooped up in here."

Now that she-- I -- mentions it, yes, I had been thinking I had eaten something weird and everything was a bit off, but I could never see the top of the bathroom stall before. No way... I look at my pant legs, resting well above my ankles. I had always been a little short before, but now I was easily six feet tall. I had to be. I stared in the mirror, my mouth agape. I actually reached above the center of it.

"How?"

I don't really know actually, how I do it that is. It's like I think about it, then push and pull and stretch and it just happens. Lilia says excitedly.

"Can you do other things? Besides make me taller?" I ask. Maybe I've unlocked something inside me, a direct line of communication to my cells, I've evolved into some kind of shapeshifting superhuman, and Lilia is just my mind trying to adapt. If this works... I could barely comprehend the magnitude of the discovery. Excitement rushes through me.

With a little practice, I bet I could do anything! Lilia says. Do you want me to try something?

"Yes!" I nearly shout. I look around, "Yes." I say more quietly.

Like what? Lilia whispers back.

I take some deep breaths, working myself up in front of the mirror. What could I change that would impress the executives? I scrunch the bridge of my nose, trying to think.

"I have it. Can you make me a few inches taller? Like umm... six two?" Go big or go home. Am I insane or not?

Let me see. Yes. Do you want me to try now?

"Yes, now." I hold my breath.

I don't feel it at first, but then it comes in a rush. There's a pressure at the base of my neck, then it begins to move down until it reaches my feet. My skin tingles, and I grip the corners of the counter, sweat suddenly soaking my clothes. I lean forward, wincing as the pressure becomes more acute. Then in a momentary relief, my back pops. I grunt, then more pops follow, the sensation is indescribably satisfying. I look around the room, and everything seems so much smaller than a moment before. No way.

I look down and see the suit I had been wearing rides nearly to my shins, everything is too tight.

"No fucking way." I say in shock.

"Yes fucking way!" Lilia says.

I awkwardly gather myself, pushing out the door and doing my best to look natural, and push open the building stairs. Nobody can see me. It's still too obvious with my clothes. I head straight for the parking garage.

...To be continued

12