All Comments on 'The Highest Ethical Standards Ch. 02'

by Rakiura10

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What? You want us to believe some time passes and he forgets about her actions that brought about their divorce? It seems highly unlikely. And the story telling did nothing to convince me that he would behave like a schoolboy when they meet again. You tried to right the ship at the end, but that further eroded the story line and left me wondering why all the fence straddling? Basically the story goes nowhere. Not good.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

all over the place with meaningless details and drivel. overall, i suggest you rethink your ideas about ethics, morality and truth. You are as ever, mushy with your male MC, inconsistent in your ideals and sickening in your allegiance to the modern ethos of what's right and wrong (which is always bowing to situation and context, or others' opinions or approval, but never with a lifelong, singular commitment to determine value, and honor and integrity. especially if you're male.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

whait what? so his mother betrays him also? cease and desist my behind

nice family the poor sod has

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Crap or get of the pot

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

This is the part that gets my goat: "Grace replied that there were no absolutes in truth and honesty and there had to be discretion, but that discretion should be based on integrity."

This rates a 9 out of 10 on the bullshit meter. "INTEGRITY", Lets be honest Grace wouldnt want her son finding out that she was stooping his ex-wife as it would forever in his eyes taint their relationship. The matronly love and trust and respect that he has for her would be gone forever. He would be doubly hurt by Eleanor and a small part would confirm that she is still a backstabbing scorpion, a spotted leopard that cant change her ways. The hurt and pain would be twice as harsh as the first time as letting her back in his life only to feel betrayed again by her but also his mother. INTEGRITY..wtf.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Only a fool buys back a lemon. I worked in a large company (6,000) employees ad know a half dozen who took back a cheater and re-married them. All failed the second shot , still couldn't keep it zipped or dress over their ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

your stories are almost all the same you just change the names and surroundings .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sitting on a fire keg. Somehow he will find out about Eleanor and Grace and that will shatter him. He needs to distance himself. This is lust, not love. She has everything to gain yet he has everything to lose.

But 4 years later he can't find any happiness? He does not need to remarry but come on! There are plenty of nice ladies for some companionship. The older he gets the less likely he will find an honest faithful woman and be left with the cheating sluts that are now washed up. Find a good widow or something.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 3 years ago
A 4* with reservation

This chapter starts with Brendon meeting Eleanor again after years with no contact. Really? You live in the same town and have two young children together and have no contact? Also, Eleanor strongly implies that there couldn’t be anything sexual happening between her and Grace. So Brendon divorced her because of her betrayal and she hopes to repair the relationship by starting off with more lies? Run Brendon!

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

Once again, why would you want her back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was just 3*** boring until it plunged into 1* lesbianism with her husbands mother.

Total trash……

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Good story and agree with some others that I'm not sure where the relationship between Grace and Eleanor makes any sense if they never get remarried. You rushed the ending in just a few sentences, dismissing all the buildup in the story to that point. 4*

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

While I enjoy your writing, your characters are often simply mental cases that couldn't really function in real life.

Eleanor decides to fuck her own mother in law for years and Brendon's own father thinks it's great?

She then lies through her teeth about it?

They are off their fucking rocker!

I'll still read because aside from some editing issues, you are definitely one of the better writers here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is an intriguing plot, but your writing is at times so tedious and even contradictory. Eleanor is supposedly now a woman of integrity and virtue, except she is fucking Brendon's mother and lying about it? Perhaps Brendon was acting on instinct, that something about Eleanor was simply still not right.

I don't understand what point was being made by having Eleanor and Grace becoming sexually intimate. It added nothing to the plot, and only legitimized Brendon's lingering feelings of distrust toward Eleanor. If that was the point, what point was being made? Both Brendon and Eleanor indicated they mutually desired a reconciliation, restrained their love lives in hopes of it, yet when the opportunity was placed before them the author decided to soil it with a secret Lesbian assignation between the people Brendon wanted to love and trust most. The author tempted the characters and the readers with a luscious promising apple, then buried a worm inside. I suspect there is a term, in Greek or Latin, for this type of bipolar character portrayal. Odd.

Of course if Brendon and Eleanor do stay friends, and Brendon never learns of Eleanor's affair with his mother, they might eventually cohabitate as lovers if not spouses. Why not? Neither seems to want anyone else. Old age tends to mellow old injuries and dilute old prejudices and priorities. Maybe some day someone will tell of their retirement years, if it can be made interesting. At least it sounds like they could be successful making money together. Maybe they should be content with what they can accept from each other?

Overall an OK story, that should have been more. Thanks for the effort.

CharetteCharettealmost 3 years ago

Soo I'm a stupid German, but please please for a simple rest for my soul, what is all this related to an act of humanity? Was no one dying slowly and agonizingly because he has not been screwed for some very long time?

Act of Huanity has NOTHING to do with all this except that some evil waste of oxygen and plasma should be accentuated and erased as an act of mourning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Omg he should run.

Sex with his mother. The mother thinks he will take her back yet starts six with her. He will never speak to his mother again.

And the ex is again untrustworthy.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Brendon apparently forgets the age-old question, "Are you better with or without her." Hell, if the wound is that fresh, what is the harm of trusting her again? She has obviously learned from her past mistake and is ready to recover her marriage. Of course, on the BTB Cabal's black/white, absolutist scale of good/evil, there is no forgiveness. Yes, they would be the first ones casting stones at the adulteress, because in the mind of the self-righteous, they are the ultimate arbiter of OTHER people's sins and short-comings (see also: 'legalism').

VERY good story. 5/5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You are a confusing writer. The dumb males that litter your stories continue

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

I Wonder...

It is the end? Maybe it's part two of an extended story, I don't know. If it's continued he has to be aware of his mother and ex-wife together. I have an open mind but if that's not revealed it takes everything away from the tale. We'll see...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Part 3 he finds out, wanting his family together he decides to create a harem out of her and her mother any friends slowly destroying her self respect till she believes she can't find anyone better. He who was the hero slowly becomes the villain till his mother can't stand to see what happened to her ex lover his wife kills her own son. All.thats left is kids in a broken home learning thsy cheating changes people in ways beyond there imagination.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

JFC, stop. Just stop. Even though it went too far too fast and then the whole ex and his mother thing? WTF!

And this ridiculous gem ""Let there be no talk of cheating, what has happened has been an act of humanity"

again....WTF!

Sorry but you dont cut it as a writer. The writing is stilted, and lacks any real emotion. This chapter might even be worse than the previous one and that was sorely lacking.

And FYI the cheers you get for your writing, come from the same ones who'll cheer a turd in their cheerios each morning judging by their previous comments.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

For me it is incomprehensible how a man can ever become intimate with a wife who has betrayed him. She is nothing more than a "Persona non grata"! But the fact that he accepts his mother's cheating with his former wife shows that he is a born cuckold. A man without a backbone! But idiots remain idiots and sluts remain sluts, regardless of whether they appear normal!

And even if some foolish talkers believe that your story the way you tell it is enough for him to reconcile with the slut, it only shows me that some people have not understood their life lessons. Nothing is black and white here, or BTB, here is simply an idiot who has let himself be deceived by people he has trusted in life-critical situations and accepts it without interfering!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm.

Not really and ending was it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@Legio

you are the quintessential example of intellect not being synonmous with wisdom. Your comments are becoming more and more bizarre. It is apparently beyond your thinking to realize your last comment was the height of hypocrisy. You little man. Grow up

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
I could not finish it

Too boring

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Grace and Eleanor absolutely betrayed Brendon. And her lying to him about it shows loyalty to his mother over him. Another betrayal. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like someone else said, what was the point of having Eleanor have an affair with Brendan's mother? Was it salaciousness? Just wanting to titillate readers with lesbian sex? Was it to anger readers by allowing Eleanor to betray Brendan again and get away with it? What is your goal as an author? To frustrate readers? Upset them? If so, you are definitely achieving it.

There was no reason to include that affair in this. It did nothing to advance or enhance the plot. In fact it undermined Eleanor's redemption and new ethical standards and cast his mother in a terrible light as well. Very Disappointing.

zihuazihuaalmost 3 years ago

Tedious, plodding, pedestrian, without an ounce of humanity or sexuality for that matter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous