The Karma Gang Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Technically they could pay the donor up to £35 for his clinic visit. The donor won't be the legal parent of their child or have any legal obligation to him or her. He won't be named on the birth certificate.

I would automatically be the child's second legal parent. In short, Carol had an answer to all of my questions. Not all the answers satisfied me but Carol, at that stage, was only interested in examining the issue.

Being deeply in love, I didn't reject the proposal out of hand. I researched and found that indeed 'known donors' were indeed common of surrogate parenting.

I read testimonies from people who it had helped and also cases where it hadn't. I was still undecided. But Carol and I continued discussions and research.

We even discussed what we would include in a formal donor agreement. Having this agreement would help avoid future disputes or misunderstandings. It didn't grant the donor, or us, any legal obligations. The agreement was important since it might help the child should either or both she or I died at the same time."

We agreed that if Carol died in childbirth the donor would adopt the child. We even discussed who I would choose as the donor."

Brian paused again and said "We agreed to ask you to be the donor."

I was startled and pleased that I was their first choice. Brian then asked me "If I had asked you to provide the sperm, would you have agreed?"

I was taken aback. I took time to think about how to reply.

I said "It would have been nice to be asked. I would have agreed to provide the sperm, subject to some conditions. The main one would be that Liz agreed.

And I am pretty sure that she would not willingly agreed, especially about adopting the child. I genuinely don't know how she would react. If the occasion arises I will ask her what she would do. I won't, of course, disclose your situation."

Brian said "Don't worry about the confidentiality. Tell her the truth. After all, honestly is the best policy. For your information Carol and I thought that Liz would agree even to the adoption. She is a good woman."

I told Brian "I am going to ask her to marry me. I have come to realise that it has gone beyond lust. I want to be with her 24 -7."

Brian said "I've heard that speech from Carol twice. One time for me and one time about Andrew."

Before I could say anything Brian's phone buzzed to indicate that he had a text message from Carol. He opened the text and read it out loud. "Andrew and I will collect our things at 7 pm. Andrew accepts your apology. Happy to know no hard feelings. All 3 of us need to discuss having mediation rather than expense of solicitors. Is tonight too soon for discussion?."

I said "Great news about accepting the apology. It also certainly means he isn't going to make a formal complaint about assault. Mediation is a good idea. It will also save time. That means that their child has a fighting chance of being born to parents who are married. That gives you an edge in the negotiations."

Brian texted back "Agree to mediation. Come prepared with your proposals in writing. May agree financials tonight." He followed the text with a smiley face emoji.

When they arrived Carol and Brian went into the lounge to discuss the written proposals. Andrew and I watched a Rom Com film. It only took them an hour to agree a provisional financial settlement. They agreed to submit it to a mediator and then put a final version to their respective solicitors.

That process meant they could get a quick divorce.

Andrew and Carol wed 5 days after the decree absolute formally ended her marriage to Brian. Two weeks later Carol and Andrew posted photos of their son on Facebook. Brian was, understandably, morose for a time. He was on antidepressants but they didn't seem to help. Luckily he got extra therapy sessions and these helped him. I didn't want to make his period of adjustment more difficult by getting Liz to move in. But she was understanding about me spending lots of time with Brian

I hadn't given upon the idea of getting revenge on both Andrew and Carol for their treatment of my best friend. Brian was coming to terms with their behaviour. That included wanting justice. Brian still wanted them to 'get their comeuppance'.

Out of the blue he said "I need a new woman in my life and in my bed. Before I fell asleep last night I decided that I want to date an older woman. I have signed up to various dating sites. I have stated a preference for women over 50."

Brian was only 41 and so, his preference for women of over 50 was surprising as was his quick decision to go dating again. But then Brian always was compulsive. It was a good sign. He was optimistic once again.

I asked "Why are you wanting to date older women?"

Brian replied "They are unlikely to be able to have children and yet still have the urge to have sex. They may well know what kind of sex they want. The older woman is more likely to stay faithful. Besides they get bustier. That would be an improvement on Carol's only adequate bosom. They are likely to be appreciative of any kind of attention, yet alone great sex from an experienced but younger man."

I couldn't argue with any of Brian's assertions. I thought of the enjoyment of the older woman in the "M&YC' video as she undressed the younger man. I hoped Brian would soon be matched up. It was clear that Brian didn't need me any more.

I said "I wish you joy with finding Mrs Right. I am going to pop the question to Liz on Saturday."

Brian said "I hope she agrees. Don't forget me when you need a Best Man."

I replied "And I hope to be the Best Man at your wedding."

I now had 2 more nights before my next date with Liz. I suddenly feared that this might be a 'make or break' for Liz and I.

I didn't realise how difficult my popping the question' would be for Liz and I and that it would be 'make or break' for us.

To be continued.

12