The Last Flowers Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked down the gentle slope at the area in front of her. The tree line curled around, creating a cove. It was empty. She hadn't really expected otherwise. If Iona had come back she would have found her.

"Baby Petals?" Ellowyn's voice called out. "Where are you?"

"Uuuunnnhhhh," she sang out.

Ellowyn bounded over and landed beside her. "There you are." She folded her knees underneath herself. "Don't wander off like that. You scared me. At least your legs leave a trail." She looked out at the vista. "It's pretty, isn't it? You shouldn't be near the tree line though. It can be dangerous and you can't defend yourself yet. The elhuvens come from out there, but not all the creatures beyond the woods are nice. Laceleaf got hurt by some when she was young. She didn't know they had an axe."

Tansy narrowed her eyes. Did she know this story? It sounded familiar.

She slapped a floppy hand into Ellowyn's elbow to get her attention and rubbed the spot on her own shoulder that matched Laceleaf's scar.

"Yes! Did Netheven tell you about that?"

Tansy nodded.

"Did she say anything about me?" she asked hopefully.

Tansy gazed up while she thought, her face twisting. It was a long time ago and her memory wasn't good when she was little. "Uh ough oh."

"You don't remember?" She patted her knee. "That's okay. Come on, let's get back to Sae." She went to get up but Tansy stayed looking out at the grass. "Is there something special about this spot?"

Tansy nodded. She wanted to tell her about Iona, her human mother. She was part of a caravan that camped there. Netheven was adventurous and loved to explore. She often took trips hiking the entire border of their territory and beyond. Always alone, because that's when she felt calm. She was anxious and not good at communicating. There were already several nymphs younger than her who had created saplings and she didn't think she'd ever get to given she was so shy. Iona was older too and already had two teenage children. According to Netheven, she didn't mind her timid nature. Iona was confident and bold, easier for her to talk to for some reason. She was hoping to return to visit them both someday. But she never did. It was too late now. She was dead, and most likely so were her children.

The more Tansy thought, the more she remembered. Netheven spent a lot of time with her, telling her about the world and the way of things. There were stories both real and imaginary, sometimes acted out with motions and funny voices. She wasn't afraid to talk to Tansy or be herself, she'd said. And she couldn't wait to meet her, though she was worried Tansy wouldn't be her friend or would resent her for planting her out here.

Tears dribbled down Tansy's cheeks. She was sad she wouldn't get to see Netheven again, but she also felt awful for her mother. Tansy never got to tell her how much she loved her and that she would stay her friend no matter her form. She'd seen her kindness and humour, understood why she wanted to keep her to herself.

"Oh, Petals." Ellowyn pulled her to her chest and kissed her head. "I know."

Tansy leaned into her. Baby Petals was cute, but she had name. She just didn't know how to tell them what it was.