The Link

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stinky was building muscle. She would rise on her knees, her butt high in the air, and wiggle forward and backward. She was on the cusp of mobility. She could already roll over, but now, I saw a determination in her eyes. I was both proud and terrified at her progress.

"She'll be crawling in a day or two," I told Natalie when she returned. Her arms were full of bags. I could tell she enjoyed herself. The lady liked to shop.

"Can you tell her to hold off until we find a place?" Natalie joked.

"I can't seem to tell women anything these days," I laughed. It shocked me when Natalie went on her toes and quickly kissed my cheek. It was just a peck, but it held an apology and a promise. I hadn't meant anything by my remark. Maybe she thought it best to acknowledge how things had resolved and to make sure I knew she meant the best by it. I took the bags from her arms with a smile and put them on the small table.

"I found you some shirts," Natalie said, "if you don't like them, I can take them back." I wasn't sure how I should feel about that. Having her dress me seemed a little too domestic. She stilled at my expression. "Don't look to deep into it," she added, "I just didn't want you to start smelling." I immediately and self-consciously smelled my armpits. She snickered as she started to go back to the car for another load of bags.

"I got it," I said, moving quickly past her. My pits didn't smell bad, at least, they didn't to me. I was out of clean shirts, but I could have washed them in the sink. I went through an internal argument about the shirts as I retrieved the other bags. By the time I returned, I had sorted it out in my head.

"Thank you," I said, "for the shirts." Worst case, I could stall some laundry. I still had two clean pairs of underwear and socks.

"You're welcome," Natalie said, quite proud of herself. It pleased me that she was happy. I couldn't remember the last time I was the reason someone was happy. We started shifting the baby stuff from the plastic bags to Stinky's diaper bag. Stinky gave a little grunt when she spied the food jars and raised her butt up high, almost like she was going to take off after it. "She's getting strong," Natalie commented.

"We won't be able to leave her on the bed anymore," I said as I moved closer in case Stinky decided to take that first lunge.

"She can't be on this carpeting," Natalie instructed, "we'll need to find someplace to rent. A medium sized town in need of a lawyer. It shouldn't take me long to get licensed in any state." I sat on the bed and stared at her as she continued to unpack. She slowed then stopped, "What?"

"We?" I asked.

"You think I would let you raise Stinky alone?"

"But..."

"I like you," Natalie continued, "you like me. Stinky let us skip all that silly courtship crap. Tell me you aren't planning something tonight." My eyes widened. "If you weren't," she shrugged, "I was going to." She went back to unpacking as if that was all the needed saying.

"Are you a control freak?" I asked. My smile stalled the flash anger that appeared on her face. She looked at me a moment and laughed.

"Yes, but I can compromise."

"I live by the seat of my pants," I admitted, "but I can compromise."

"We need each other," Natalie continued, "and Stinky needs us both." She bent over to retrieve something from a bag on the floor. I watched her curves move seductively in her jeans. A woman I never thought would give me the time of day was informing me we were moving in together. I should have been running full speed away, but my only desire was to be with her. I loved her strength and really loved how her jeans fit. She smiled when she caught me gawking. I turned back to Stinky.

"Are you sure I can't interest you in a nap?" I said rubbing her back. Stinky smiled, thinking I was playing.The bed shifted as Natalie sat down next to me. A shiver ran down my spine when I felt her hands on my neck. I turned, and she let her lips prove she meant what she said. I wished Stinky would take a nap.

We had sandwiches for dinner as we watched the national news. Flagstaff was unraveling for the government. The lack of an epidemic, and Stinky and my disappearance, were making the government look ineffectual. People were beginning to question the supposed outbreak. Members of the CDC were second guessing it themselves. Politicians were beginning to talk of independent investigations.

"Do you think they will stop looking?" Natalie asked.

"No. They'll just change their methods."

"Then we just have live low," Natalie continued, "everything in my name."

"I can probably build another identity," I added, "I know some people who do that sort of thing." My criminal past had some benefits.

"We'll need a name for Stinky as well," Natalie said, "she can't go on as Stinky forever." We both looked at Stinky, who was sitting calmly in my lap. She realized we were paying attention, and she became lively, moving her arms up and down and grunting. The only name that fit her was Stinky. She seemed to like it. Another name would confuse her.

"It has to be something pretty and special," I said, "I don't want her forgotten as a Jane or Sally."

"I have a name," Natalie said, "I was saving it, but Stinky could use it. That's if you like it."

"Shoot."

"Teegan," Natalie replied. She paused as I pondered the name, "It's Gaelic. I think it means 'little poet'." I nodded as I let the name sound itself out in my head. I tried it out in anger and tenderly. It was a pretty name. I couldn't remember ever meeting a Teegan.

"Teegan," I said out loud. Stinky jumped at the word and made with the arms. "You like that?" I asked Stinky. I think I could have called her poop, and she would have been happy. She just liked me paying attention to her. "I think she likes it," I said to Natalie, "and I think it's perfect."

"Teegan," Natalie smiled.

"Teegan," I agreed. We just promoted ourselves to full parent status by naming her. I gave up wondering if I would be a good father. I now had no choice.

It took another two hours to get Teegan to bed. I wondered how real parents did it. The desire to get Natalie alone was building and yet, Teegan insisted on playing. Natalie took her shower first and exited the bathroom in her oversized t-shirt. I again wondered what color her panties were. It would be very satisfying to find out.

Teegan eventually closed her eyes, fighting sleep all the way. I carefully placed her in the crib and gave what I knew now was her nightly kiss on the forehead. I then took the quickest shower of my life. I left the bathroom wrapped only in a towel.

"What color tonight?" I asked as quietly as possible. The smile on Natalie's face grew, but she didn't answer. She looked so delicious laying on the bed, her right leg slightly cocked, and there was desire in her eyes. She reached out as I neared and pulled the towel from around my waist. There was no shyness in her movements as she caressed parts that have been lonely for way too long. I ran my hand softly along her thigh, raising the t-shirt as I went. She bit her bottom lip as I discovered she wore no panties. Soft curls met my eyes. "So beautiful," I breathed as I climbed in next to her. I reached over her and doused the last light.

I slowly explored her curves, finding what generated moans and where she was ticklish. If I barely touched the back of her knees, a soft feathery caress, I could generate the most wonderful giggle. I stashed that knowledge away for future torture and continued my discovery. She loved the attention I gave her breasts. My lips found a wonderful home there, climbing from the valley and conquering the peaks. She lightly guided my lips and cooing when I found what excited her most.

Her control faltered when my hand traveled between her legs. I loved how I could make her back arch, her moans caressing my ears and exciting my mind. I closed my eyes and remembered the images I had seen, her imagined first coupling. I found her lips and joined them with mine. Her breathing came in gasps, adding a fever to our kiss.

I moved between her thighs and felt her smile against my lips. Her hand guided me, teasingly finding her entrance. It caused me to groan louder than I intended.

"Shhh," Natalie warned with pride at the response she caused. I silently laughed into her lips causing us to lose our rhythm. She giggled as one mood was replaced by another. Both so enjoyable, I wasn't sure which I preferred.

When we joined, humor was replaced by pure pleasure. Natalie wrapped me in her legs and pulled me tight. The closeness was intoxicating. My body wanted to move yet my mind found solace in her arms. I framed her head with my hands, our lips millimeters apart, I looked into the most beautiful eyes. I couldn't believe I held her there; our bodies joined and she wanting it as much as I.

"Heaven," I whispered. It came unbidden and without thought. It was the only word that made sense. Natalie's smile in the dim light exploded in my eyes. Passion replaced thought as our lips met again. We traded breath and sound as our bodies found a rhythm, our song. It was so much more than the lust I had felt in the past. It was deeper, more intense, always on the verge of perfection but each peak showed me another, something higher to climb.

Natalie's body began to shake as she pulled me closer. Her lips a hair's breath from my ear she whispered, "together." When her lips closed on my ear, I reached the end of my endurance. Something primal supplanted reality as we shared a perfect togetherness. An unexplainable moment that only we could understood completely. I held her; she cradled me as our bodies strained in unison.

I collapsed into her laughter as reality slowly returned. "Shhh," I chuckled, kissing across her forehead. I was still trembling, trying not to crush her as my muscles struggled to regain control.

"It was better," Natalie breathed with surprise. I tried to relieve her of my weight, but she held me tight, not wanting to separate. It was rather nice, so I stayed.

"Better?"

"I knew...well Teegan knew." Natalie regained her breath, "I just thought..." She grabbed my head with both her hands and pulled my lips to hers. The kiss was a mix of desperation and passion. She pulled my heart into that kiss. I lost all resistance as we shared what little individuality we had left. The most beautiful woman in the world ruined me at that moment. I could only be worse without her.

"Better," I agreed. Natalie reached up and wiped my forehead, moving some sweaty hair to the side. "Is it us, or her?" I asked. I was overthinking, but Teegan was such a powerful drug.

"I don't care," Natalie replied, her smile spreading across the room. "I've never felt so good in my life, and I know I don't want it to end." There, naked in that bed, she wasn't out of my league. We were a perfect match. Separating was no longer an option.

"Family than," I said, "though you're a lot sexier than a mother ought to be."

"How sexy?" Natalie asked with laughter. Her hands were moving lower, tickling what should be exhausted.

"Very sexy," I whispered as my drive began to reawaken. For the first time, I had no desire to roll over and fall asleep. I wanted to see Natalie shaking and out of control again. I wanted to be the cause of it. I simply wanted more of her.

It was another hour before we finally slept.

Chapter 12 - Sam

The sunrise brought with it a new life. Natalie and I found reasons to touch, the distance between us was minimized, and kissing preceded and ended most conversations. Even morning breath failed to stall our affection. We just held our breath and locked lips. We kissed again once our teeth were brushed. I have crushed on women in the past, only to be disappointed once we consummated our affections. Before, the sex was the pinnacle and destroyed the rest of the relationship. With Natalie, the opposite occurred. She was better, we were better, once physicality had entered the equation. Sex was the frosting on an already tasty cake. And how I loved that cake.

"Where should we go?" I asked as I finished packing. I had yet to think past Portland, and now it was time.

"We're pretty close to Bismarck," Natalie suggested, "who would look for us there once winter sets in?"

"We would have to keep each other warm," I added, bouncing my eyebrows. Natalie smiled, and Teegan bounced in her arms in agreement.

"A big fire and a soft couch."

"A little wine and a comforter," I added. I couldn't believe I was getting aroused by simple conversation. I could picture Natalie there in wooly socks and nothing else as we made love before a roaring fire. "Bismarck it is," I agreed. I lifted Teegan from Natalie's arms, so she could finish packing her things. That earned me a welcomed kiss.

After I finished loading the car, I went to the office to turn in the keys and check out. The place was so old, they still used physical keys and had no in-room checkout. It would have been quaint if everything didn't look so rundown.

"Checking out of 203," I said to the woman behind the counter as I fished the keys out of my pocket. When I looked back up, I saw that she was sporting a deep bruise on her left cheek that road up around her eye socket. She was about my age, long dark hair pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes were hollow, almost as if she hadn't eaten a good meal in months.

"How was your stay?" she asked, her smile denying that anything was amiss.

"Fine," I said, placing the keys on the counter. I tried not to stare, but the bruise was the foremost thing on her face. I thought it might have been a bad birthmark or maybe a skin condition. The shading to an ugly green at the edges spoke of a fist, not nature. She ignored my eyes and pulled out a card in Rolodex. No computer for this dive.

"That will be 79.80 for the second night," she said sweetly. I moved for my wallet, then stalled.

"I left my money in the car," I lied, "I'll be back in a moment." She nodded and turned to return the keys to one of the drawers.

"All set?" Natalie asked as I poked my head into the backseat.

"I think that the lady in there was beaten," I said as I unbuckled Teegan, lifting her always smiling face next to mine.

"It's not our business," Natalie pointed out as she exited the car.

"No," I agreed, "but I'm tired of things not being my business." Natalie leaned into me and kissed my lips. It was filled with passion and zero condemnation. It was permission and agreement. I handed her Teegan and entered the office. Inside, a large burly man in a Pittsburgh Steelers t-shirt waited next to the bruised woman. She was no longer smiling.

"79.80 you said?" I asked pleasantly.

"Yes," the woman said quickly. She flinched when the man next to her raised his arm and put it on her shoulder.

"I thought Betty here had let you skip out," the man grunted with an uneducated tone of authority. I disliked him less every second I was there.

"Always think the worst?" I asked in my most condescending voice. I enjoyed the way his face scrunched up. I knew he would wait for my eighty bucks before he dealt with any perceived disrespect. I counted out four twenties and placed them on the counter. Betty began pushing buttons on a cash register that was as old the motel.

"Would you like to come with us?" Natalie asked, moving toward Betty. Natalie had Teegan's arm in her hand. I smiled knowing the truth was now evident. Betty stopped pushing the buttons and looked up in confusion. "You don't have to stay here, hell - you aren't even married to him," Natalie continued. Betty's mouth moved, but no words came out.

"Ain't none of your business, bitch" the man said. He moved from around the counter quicker than I had expected such bulk could move. The word 'bitch' filled me with stupidity. He was way to big for me to take, but my hand moved of its own accord. I guess he thought me incapable of such a move. I connected with everything I had and caught him in his jaw. The results weren't impressive. It felt like my hand took the brunt of it. Betty screamed.

I took a shot to the gut, followed by a flurry to the face. I had no idea how I was still standing, but there was no way he was getting to Natalie. I swung wildly, throwing my body at him to lesson his reach. I saw his lip bleeding which gave me some solace as he tossed me into the wall. It felt as if I hit a rock, but stand up I did.

I looked up as a series of uncontrolled grunts seemed to explode from the man's mouth. A flurry of feet where connecting with such enraged speed, I thought they would tear him apart. He dropped to his knees, and Natalie's foot connected with his head, sending it into the counter with a sickening thud. Natalie moved forward, blood streaming from her nose, and raised her foot high.

"No!" I yelled. Natalie slowed and looked at me. Her eyes lost their anger, and she lowered her foot. Her legs buckled, and she sat heavily on the ground with Teegan sitting in her lap. I moved to her side, using my shirt sleeve to clean the blood flowing from her nose.

"I'm sorry," Natalie said hoarsely, "he enjoyed it. He was going to hurt you permanently." Betty came around the counter crying. She stepped over the man, without a thought and knelt next to Natalie. Natalie tried to smile, but it came off weakly. I relieved Teegan from her arms. "You have to leave," Natalie told Betty, "he'll just beat you again. He likes the power."

"How do you know?" Betty said and then completely broke down. Natalie was struggling to keep her eyes open. I knew what she had gone through. I needed to get her back in the car and far away from here.

"Show her," Natalie whispered. I nodded. I rose, bringing Teegan up with me. I reached down, ignoring my new bruises, and brought Betty to her feet as well. She didn't want to look at me; her tears were a mix of fear and shame.

"I have to get Natalie to the car," I said softly, "can you hold my daughter for a moment." I smiled, not to sooth Betty, but because I had just called Teegan my daughter. It felt right and not the least bit strange. Betty nodded, steadied herself, and reached out. I placed Teegan in her arms. "She likes it if you hold her hand," I added. Betty did just that. I watched as the truth took her.

"Oh, my!" Betty exclaimed as her possible futures flashed through her mind. "Oh... oh" Betty continued as a smile replaced her tears. She kneeled down to Natalie, "I want what you have."

"He's mine," Natalie coughed with struggled humor, "find your own."

"We have to leave," I said, helping Natalie up off the floor, "we can take you with us," I jerked my head toward the unconscious man, "or you can stay, maybe call the police." Betty looked at the man on the ground and then at Teegan who was smiling as usual.

"It will take me about a minute to pack," Betty said, "everything I own will fit in a duffle. There are things I need to do." Betty smiled at Teegan's enthusiasm, "Lots and lots to do."

"Let's get these two in the car," I said, "and we get the hell out of here."

I laid Natalie down in the backseat and tried to make her comfortable. "You did good, baby," I said, kissing her sleepy lips. She smiled weakly and murmured something I could only guess at. Her eyes closed and I knew she was fast asleep. Teegan had serious kickback when she was used aggressively. I winced when I stood back up, my guts hurting like they wished to no longer be next to each other. I walked around the car and took Teegan from Betty and deftly buckled her into the car seat.

"I'll be right back," Betty said and practically ran back to the office. I sat on the edge of the backseat looking at my sleeping love as I absently played with Teegan. I loved her. She would have killed that asshole to stop him, but my words broke through and ended it. I wondered if she felt the same thing when I had taken out the two goons.

1...7891011...23