The Only Constant is Change Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a tentative, sweet kiss that only lasted a couple of seconds. But as he pulled back and opened his eyes, he saw that Monica's eyes were still closed, savoring the feel of his lips on hers. Her eyes opened languidly, and she smiled at him shyly. Jeremy simply said, "I realized that I don't want to regret any more missed opportunities." Then he pulled her into a hug and whispered into her hair, "Thank you for today. You don't know how much this means to me." For her part, Monica was a little distracted by the feel of his body against hers and the clean, somewhat spicy scent of his cologne.

When they parted for a second time, each went away with a renewed sense of optimism and hope, something that both had been lacking for some time.

Jeremy contemplated the job and its possibilities for his future as he rode the subway towards home. He had to admit, the idea was growing on him. He hadn't realized just how deep a hole he'd dug until someone had dropped a rope to help pull him out. The more he thought about it, the more excited he got. But he was having a hard time focusing on the job because thoughts of Monica kept intruding. That he was having spontaneous thoughts about a woman was an encouraging sign that maybe he could move forward after all.

As always, Baxter was pleased to see him return home. Jeremy scratched his ear in greeting and closed the front door. Just as he engaged the dead bolt, his cell phone rang. Turning from the door, he dug his phone out of his pocked and read the name on the caller ID. What he saw there stopped him in his tracks. How could he have forgotten? He connected to the call and raised the phone to his ear.

"Hello, Erin."