All Comments on 'The Other Betrayed Spouse'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhart8 months ago

I have a couple of acronyms for you: WTF, FTDS! 😏

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 months ago

Well written sad story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

A vignette, taken from life. 5*.

demanderdemander8 months ago

I agree. Finish it. You know, these days photos can be faked. D

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

Sometimes leaving the ending slightly open is good. This is not one of those. I had a near instantaneous feeling that for some reason that the wife is being set up for some purpose by the young husband. Unless the pictures show clear intimacy or entering and exiting different rooms in different hotels on different dates, I might have doubts. After 23 years, I would want to spend a bit of effort to verify information. In the business world revenge plots are not unknown.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

Not much in those words. It’s like ending a movie after the first scene.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

A good change of pace for LW, but story seems very incomplete. It is but a couple scenes, brief at that.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19558 months ago

Again, finish the damn story. If you have more, indicate this will be continued. If you want others to finish it for you, at least flesh out the story better. I just wasted 5 minutes with this.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ8 months ago

Too short and unfinished

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

I thought that this was going somewhere and then it ended.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

I sense a pattern! Bare bones! Unfinished! And you write entertainingly. The last exchange was tasty :). But overall, it made for a disappointing repast. I guess if this is your style, so be it. But I can’t help but feel that there is something lurking in the back somewhere wanting to get out… fingers crossed.

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

Typical fantasy BTB, because that is what the little boys in here want to read

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

Sorry, you skipped out on the opportunity for some really creative writing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Like the other story - only one scene from a potentially engaging story - 3.4*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Where's the ending? Does she rack him over the coals? Does he do a runner and leave her high and dry? So many possibilities, none presented. Badly done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yeah, what Beinhart said!

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Why do you seem to have a real problem with finishing your stories? This one just stops abruptly at the attorney’s statement. Not complete at all.

lujon2019lujon20198 months ago

less than half a story gets less than half a star

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The story appears to be missing an end, a middle, and most of the beginning. What's there is just a mundane conversation. No drama, no unexpected twist, no explanation, no closure.

RosenkavalierRosenkavalier8 months ago

Where is the story?

If there are more chapters, please state so at the beginning AND in the headline.

DessertmanDessertman8 months ago

More needed, ending is too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hope she finds out it is a scam and that without even talking with her husband she has made the biggest mistame of her ruined life

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's interesting that when a slut wife cheats endless times, she should always be forgiven and taken back, but when is the husband to cheat, he must be always brutally destroyed. Are most (almost all) of these LW tales just a bit one-sided ?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Unfortunately all of your stories leave the feeling that there must be coming some more. They seem to be unfinished. Therefore only 3*

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

It's the start of a story. If you are going to make a full story, could you write more next time. Not too keen on a story in 20 plus parts.

Well written and reasonably paced though.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beinhart said all that's needed

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

does this writer ever finish a story ? 1

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good Start. I can almost smell burning flash. 5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This isn't a story (yet?).

This is an 'teaser' from a story .... what someone who doesn't want to actually read a whole story might read so that they could participate in a conversation about it. (A bit like I'm doing with this comment .... only I didn't know that's what would happen when I started reading.)

OR ...

This is a teaser from an author who wants the readers to tell him if he should continue the story. (My view is that the author should not have posted this, if he didn't plan to finish it.)

OR ...

This is a 'beginning' for a story (with the potential for becoming a good story) that was perhaps prematurely submitted, being that it is quite short and offers scant evidence of any intent to take it further. (There is no "Ch. 01" in the title, no foreword or afterword indicating the author's plans, and no "to be continued" end note.)

Since I'm not sure what I've just finished reading, I have not posted a rating for this submission.

I will say that, if complete, it deserves no more than (a generous) 2-stars; if not complete, we should be able to tell.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

And…..???

.

At the very least, the story needed to include a confrontation with Vickie’s husband. Without it, all this thing is —- is a brief outline of a story idea. Nothing more. And not even a hint of originality.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Is more coming?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not bad. Short, but compared to other "750 word" stories. It supplied all the necessary information.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Love it. Very neat.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Odd ending...

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine8 months ago

That’s it? Where is the rest of the story?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

At least the story has a compelling start.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The lack of a chapter number is the clearest indicator this is a one off story, that this is all there is. It's not much.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

Another unfinished story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great Start ! Terrible Ending !!!! Its like reading book with half the story missing. Couldn't you at least put chapter 1 SORRY because of that I could not be bothered to give any marks

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Flat tale and a weak attempt to make a femdom pov btb, so much rushed to be a totally nonsense. No good at all.

JensensloverJensenslover8 months ago

These so called 'writers' who think its cute or clever to post unfinished stories have nothing but contempt for the readers and themselves and a complete lack of pride in what they write. FTDS!!!!

inka2222inka22228 months ago

So, there are two problems with this story.

First, from the side of younger couple, the cheating wife has zero negative consequences for her betrayal. She'll end up with half or likely more of (likely un-earned) communal assets in the divorce as a "family" in-justice court will reward her for her cheating; and realistically probably married to a rich guy she's cheating with. So basically, she wins and is rewarded for being a shit person and a scumbag, and the cheated-on husband gets to suffer and has zero upside (he doesn't have any kids yet so he won't get fucked over as much as typical male victim of cheating would - but that's not really "upside").

Second, from the side of older couple, this is basically a nothing-burger. He cheated, she sues for divorce and uses legal system which is stacked against males to fuck the cheating husband with a hot poker in the behind, except in this case (unlike cheating victim husbands) this one actually deserves it. But it's 100% realistic, this IS how "family" courts (read: woman-helping courts) work in real life, so there's no fantasy in this story, and no excitement. It feels righteous, but low-impact specifically because of the realism. It's like reading a story about a victim of a car accident suing the guilty driver's insurance for the cost of replacing a totaled car. We all know the stakes, and the outcome, and it belongs on page 14 of local newspaper.

All in all, 3 stars. It's not awful enough to warrant 1 star, but there's no grounds here for anything above 3. Although, if the author tried, it COULD have been a good beginning for a really great larger story *hint* *hint*.

For example, have a conclusion at the very least showing (this is a bit typical in BTB stories but effective), the wife was cheating hoping to marry a rich guy because her husband didn't make enough. Instead, the older cheating victim wins most of the ass's assets in divorce, fires him from family business she owns, and instead hires the younger guy who gets a super great raise, AND meets the ass's daughter - who now hates her cheating sperm donor, but falls in love with the protagonist. And the cheating wife must marry the ass - who's now poor - due to pregnancy (which she miscarries - no need to reward him with more offspring), and he cheats on her constantly and gives her STD instead of money. Don't have to use this idea, but you get my drift :) Show damage to the bad people and upside to the victims of cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another awful fem-pov tale, without beginning and ending.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

Another unfinished story.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

Believe it or not what sbrooks said.

Another unfinished story.

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

Dalton, you do not seem to get the message in the L LW genre game; 1) LW is all arm-chair guru's and a rating over 4.0* is HOT, 2) they cannot connect the dots, they cannot imagine revenge it must be explicit to keep them happy, 3) It the story lacks detailed masturbation sex the rating will drop by 1*.

\

Other than the actual level of revenge not much more needs to be said. It is obvious both are divorcing - only the shock-n-awe is missing. Her three kids are likely out of the house or close to it with 23yrs going down the drain.

\

4**** Hooyah, Salutes...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Actually, it appears that KRD19254 is the one who does not seem to get the message. People look to certain categories/genres for certain things. Nobody wants to read an Isekai story where they end up in a world that is so similar to the one they left that they fit right in and there is nothing new to experience. Likewise, nobody wants to read a LitRPG story where you get to see the changes in their status screen, but not what they did to cause those changes. Who wants to read a Romance story where the only hint of romance is when they end up getting married? What's the point of going to see an action movie if the explosions and gun fights happen off screen where you can't enjoy them?

.

The point I'm trying to make is that people read stories to experience the whole story. If they are going to have to make up the good parts themselves anyway, why bother reading the teaser bits you wrote?

.

Finally, you should take comments telling you to FTDS as a compliment. It generally means that they liked what you wrote enough that they would like to read more of the story.

IndyOnIndyOn8 months ago

FTDS...Finish The Damn Story....rated *1* for now

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Finally a realistic story for all the btb crowd. Thanks KS

dikupinyadikupinya8 months ago
but

she needed to talk to him and have the photos and texts analyzed. jumping to conclusions is bad.

redboat7redboat77 months ago

Wow!! That's it?? Nice, so far.. But, FTDS...Finish The Damn Story.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

where is the ending , lazy end to the story

LanmandragonLanmandragon5 months ago

Very strange; why write and publish half a story?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Succinct.

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

Another incomplete story from Dalton402....FTDS (Finish the Damn Story) *1*

Tophat232Tophat2323 months ago

Where's the rest of it??

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FTDS

Chimo1961Chimo19613 months ago

Wow how unique, woman sees lawyer, plans to punish husband. Don’t see that everyday in RL!

goodwabgoodwab3 months ago

I was extremely disappointed at the abrupt ending -- more like an amputation. The characters were well-drawn and sympathetic, and much more realistic than is typical in lit stories. I was already invested in them and poof!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES