All Comments on 'The Paper Route Ch. 01'

by demaizefield

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
RecHikerRecHikerover 11 years ago
Never turn a peek down -

This chapter hit real close to home. I was a paperboy who had an early morning paper route. I wasn't forced to get a job by my parents but they didn't give allowances either. Therefore, if I wanted money to spend, I learned at a young age, I had to work for it.

There were advantages to being up early and delivering papers. There were always some peeks as I remember but the most important part was when I had to collect for the papers on Friday afternoons. That's when I had contact with my customers and most times it was the woman of the house. I found out that some women loved to flirt with a young fellow and that's where it all started. But that's a story all by itself!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane -

RecHiker

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 11 years ago
One nit-pick

Unless his truck grew wings and a jet engine or propeller, it did not "literally" fly through the neighborhoods.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you for this story (i gave it 5 stars!)

For years & years i have been working in newspaper industry in various capacities: truck driver who delivers to carriers, carrier, visual verifier, district supervisor, customer service, various warehouse positions...

IT IS FUN! Yes, it's hard work at wee hours with strict deadlines but IT'S FUN!

One of my bosses used to say: "THERE'S NO BUSINES LIKE NEWSPAPER BUSINESS!"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous