All Comments on 'The Promise'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 641 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Best

You are the absolute best writer on this site😀

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you for sharing your talent.

I appreciate your words, sometimes filled with pain but with hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Unexpected

This story wasn't what I expected when I clicked on it but it drew me in and it's the best piece of content I've read in a long time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finally!

... A literate writer on this site. This is the best writing, combined with excellent story telling. I have one tiny suggestion: capitalize Polish and your sausages will be less shiny :-) seriously, well done! This only the second story I have marked as Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very pleasant surprise!

I hope you are reaping the rewards you deserve for writing and posting such a poignant, gritty and heartfelt story. Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Started off pretty bleak

with an attempted suicide by an angry David, rescue by a less-than-angelic Houser, with all the pain and cold of being homeless, living under a bridge. But with a title like "The Promise", I decided to keep on going because although David had kept his promise, I felt there was much more story to come as David (hopefully) overcame his negativity on life. Although I never guessed that there were 2 promises - one by Sadie as well. It's uplifting that by helping Sadie, David ended up helping himself, with both also finding each other in love. Wonderful!

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Amazing story and one that I would really like to be continued please.

kingdomrosekingdomroseover 7 years ago
DC - I Promised Would continue Reading Your Stories!!!

Another great read (2nd one of your listed stories for me).

Whoa.....you have me caught for good and will continue to make my way and read all of them when time permits, feasible.....

This one is another story crafted from your amazing, but down to earth imagination - thanks a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You made me cry

At the end lol y u do this? I'm a grown man & u made me cry in bed before I sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Really Good Story

Liked it from the beginning to the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent, yet again!

I really wish some of your stories would be turned into movies. I fully expected David to end up with a winning lottery ticket in the end, I am glad I was wrong. You truly have a gift, thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lovely story, thank you

I work at a kitchen just like this. It was perfectly described.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I owe you for this.

thank you for this very well written and amazing story. I owe you for sharing this piece of art.

You earn my praise and admiration. how I wish I am half as your talent and creative mind.

I apologize for not using my old account while I am posting my opinion. but hey I have a two good reason.

- I forgot my pass.

- I just really want to give my comment right after I have finished reading this story because it's really move me and I can't wait to give my side. and believe me I have nothing but good things about it.

but I owe you a lot and for that my name is ben so I am no longer the typical anonymous just anonymous ben. I strongly believe this one deserve film form. and I hope someday I personally thank you. looking for more stories to come.

derRaskellderRaskellover 7 years ago
Excellent writing!!

This is by far the best story I have read on this site it has everything that you want and without all the heavy sex showing that it's not necessary for good writing!!

This is a fine example of excellent writing & story development!!!

Huge kudos to the writer!!

The Mentor

DrhwnoelDrhwnoelover 7 years ago
The best yet

His is the best short story I have read in the last ten years. Keep up the good work!

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Beautiful Music

This Author deserves the highest praise. Thanks for your time

khkrkhkrover 7 years ago
Best Story ever

I was going to logout of this website, as the stories got kinda boring , I planned on your story being the last. It's the best story I've read across the entire site. Keep Up the wonderful work, let me if there is anyway I can donate to you. I'd love to see more stories that focus on story instead of sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow! Hoooooly CRAP!

You need to dial it back a bit there, Dreamcloud!

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to read whilst tears flow?

Sweet Jebus, that was a really sweet story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Addicted

I'm addicted to your stories. That last page had me in tears! Your stories really touch a place in my heart. THANKYOU for your pictures that you paint in words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful!

I honestly just came on for a cheeky read before going to sleep... now I'm all kinds of emotional! Beautiful story. You write so well! Loved it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you tell a hell of a story

If you are not published you should be. a wonderful story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great!!!

I loved the story! However, for me, I thought the expressions of humility and guilt were a little over the top! But all in all, just about the best story I've read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awesome

As it was said before, you should be published. You have talent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My gratitude

Is extended to you for the wonderful journey I went on this last hour

YOU HAVE A HALLMARK MOVIE HERE

JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THAT AVENUE

HELL, THIS WORK COULD BE THE ''LOVE STORY'' OF THIS GENERATION

YOU JUST NEED TO FIND AN ALI MACGRAW

NovengliaeNovengliaeover 7 years ago

I'm glad I had the chance to read this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing and heartfelt

This story was absolutely amazing and well written. It managed to invoke emotions and really allow for me to connect to David. Best of all, even though it was posted on literotica, the sex was not the focus of the story. My only minor complaint is the sudden change to Sadie's thoughts as a stream of consciousness. I personally feel it was unnecessary and slightly detracted from the work. But the story was still amazing regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My favorite story on Lit ever

I've read a ton of your stories and loved them, but this one is absolutely stunning. Could not stop reading it. Just perfect. Let more stories "get away" from you, they are incredible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

You write so beautifully, with characters we fall in love with, identify with, cry and hope along with. Thank you for sharing them and your wonderful tales with us! The world's you create are the ones I want to live in.

gofastTTguygofastTTguyover 7 years ago
Fantastic, just plain FANTASTIC!

One of the best stories I have read in a very long time, anywhere. Thank you for writing this. I hope it helps others who are hiding in their own way to come out of their cardboard box and face the world again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful story.

Loved it so much. But I don't think it fits quite well here at Literotica. Nothing much erotic in the story to make is fit here. Seemed more like a Mills and Boon or Harlequin kind of a story. Just with more depth to it. Harlequin short stories are a bit more... shallow.

This, despite the lack of eroticism, I loved it. :) For a romantic story... it was good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
outstanding

I find it hard to believe that the reviews for this only average 4.91, thank you for your writing.

FatjackFallstaffFatjackFallstaffabout 7 years ago

WOW!

Deserves a bigger and better venue.

ukdukeukdukeabout 7 years ago
wonderful! wonderful....just bloody wonderful!

Title says it all. This sort deserves wider publication.

Talent like this ditto!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Tears

What more can I say about such a beautifully structured story. One of the happiest endings I have had the pleasure to read.

I wish I could give it a *10*, or at least 2 fives. Congratulations on a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You made me happy

I never knew I could read a story like this, on Literotica.

So beautiful and zo well written.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Loved your story, laughed and cried very well written.

Drago566Drago566about 7 years ago
Fantastic story!!!!!

Loved it!!!!!

Thanks for sharing The Promise.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warabout 7 years ago
BLURRY

Yeah, weird title for a comment. But that is what my vision was as I finished. Dang you, DC, you made my eyes leak. This was not the story I expected when I started. But it was more than worth the read.

Folks read Dream Cloud stories and give the man the respect he is due. If you don't care for his stories, well there's no account for your taste, then move on and SHUT TF UP!!!!!

DoW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great

wonderful story

Peach102Peach102about 7 years ago
Lovely tale

Well written with a lot of heart. Bravo.

Flat_OutFlat_Outabout 7 years ago
I'm a 60 YO man for goodness sake!

I cried at the end of the story - not a big blubbering mess - I just started getting wet eyes and then I was crying quietly!

Brilliant story, well conceived and and beautiful writing

Thank you

texaschucktexaschuckabout 7 years ago
allergies

I must be allergic to stories such as this. Every time I read one my eyes water and nose runs. Very well done. To find peace in chaos is devine in my opinion. Please write more along these lines.

SBarak1SBarak1about 7 years ago
Leaking Eyes

It would appear your heartfelt story had the same affect on me as your other readers. I sat with a tear or two running down my cheeks as I finished your well written story. Very enjoyable. I am looking forward to reading more of your work. Now I just need to make sure no one is looking...

LustKnightLustKnightabout 7 years ago
I'M NOT CRYING...

...YOU'RE CRYING.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Beautiful!

This had me tearing up. You are a master!

SkinTicklerSkinTicklerabout 7 years ago
I HAVE A COMPLAINT!

But not with your wonderful story. I had a bit of a sniffle by the end which even the misspellings that proliferated through the last pages couldn't stop. Wonderful!! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Having been homeless a few times this story has the feel of authentic writing. I suspect that you have worked with the homeless (soup kitchen or shelter volunteer) and used that experience to write such a wonderful story. Thanks for everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wow!!!!!!

You're killin me here. How many great ones can you do??????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really Heart Warming

Made my heart yearn for my youth

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Great story do so well you can't help but keep going till the end

bigbearz9bigbearz9almost 7 years ago
Another soulfull story.

Second to last story on the menu.

I'll read the last one now.

I want to read all of your newest stories.

Don't let the scufflaws get you down.

RJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really Good Story

This author, DreamCloud, has to be one of the best writers on this site. Maybe one of the best erotic short story writers ever. And this story, I think, is one of his best.

Without a doubt, 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
So wonderful

Absolutely love this story, the writing, and the author. If only I could find more stories of this quality... the only ones close are your other writings! Please keep up the phenomenal work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I think this 2, maybe 3 times I have read this

I cannot find another author that leaves me feeling this way! I am going through DC'S stories again. I really wish I could get more of his writing. Think I am addicted now. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
a brilliant story

of two wounded souls finding each other and overcoming bureaucracy and greed...loved it....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
beautiful

I had read this quite awhile ago, but found it again, and once again was spellbound by the fantastic writing and the story line. This is great not because of steamy sex, but because it is believable as to what could actually happen, not the typical stuff like I saw a hot chick and she looked at me and said lets fuck and I fed her my foot long dick all night long, cumming four times in two hours. Fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A gem that sparkles in the dark

It's what all writers should produce at some point. Thank you Dreamcloud for a lovely tale of human kindness which sprang out of a love lost..

Aussie1951Aussie1951almost 7 years ago
What can I say

That hasn't already been said. All the adjectives to describe this amazing storyline you certainly deserve. All I can add is that you are truely the king of the Romance stories on this site...well done. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

DMMWolfDMMWolfover 6 years ago
5 Stars

DC, another great story. There is a good reason you are listed in my Favorites

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very good

What else can i say. Just damn good.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 6 years ago
And again . . .

I just reread this again, and had tears in my eyes, was heartsore, started smiling and was grinning like an idiot when it was done. Just like the other times I've read this story. I love how you captured all of them on paper. Like a video in my mind. Simply put, I loved it!! Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
* * * * * *

This is only the second time I have given 6 stars. Thank you so much for such an uplifting story.

xtremeddxtremeddover 6 years ago
What JJ said. Ditto.

Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

FLSr5rFLSr5rover 6 years ago
Absolutely Awesome Love Story!

The best I have ever read, and I have read a LOT of love stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

**********

One of the best on the site. Cannot add anything to improve it.

**********

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
OmG

I'm running out of tears, and that's your fault! ;-)

Your writing is sooo incredible touching - I started crying right with reading the intro.

World class!

Thank you very much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome

This is no erotic story. It is heartfelt, so fascinating. Kept me up till 2am. Please, keep it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Excellent work

Thank you for sharing your skill and your craft with us

Wonderful tale, wonderfully told...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

WOW just WOW

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful

Such a beautiful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
thank you

that was a great great story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Thank you for this masterpiece. Please continue writing!

VanescaVanescaover 6 years ago
catharsis

Your story brought on a catharsis I had not felt in a long time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

Such an amazing story. Thank you.

caryzfieldcaryzfieldover 6 years ago
Amazing!!

This story was amazing. I couldn't stop reading from the moment I started. This was a romance of the highest quality. Thank you so much for your amazing talent. I couldn't stop crying until the end. THANK YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How do you come up with these wonderful stories?

After every story I think, "Now I've heard them all."

And then you come up with another amazing story.

Thank you!

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 6 years ago
Sadie’s Promise. What an ENDING!

Another amazing story DreamCloud! Absolutely blown away at the revelation of Sadie’s promise to Richard. Perfect ending. Again, I cried. Bravo.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 6 years ago
Still one of the best!

Just a good well written story! Even though I have read it before - still really good. Highest praise I can give a book or story - 'well worth the time to read again'

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

sexydad50sexydad50over 6 years ago
So very sad

That Dreamcloud stopped writing on this site. One of the best authors and certainly some of the best stories here

At least he didn’t take down all of his work

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It IS sad!

I know I am posting anonymously, as I don't want to be attacked by those I identify below. It is sad but not unusual that another great author is gone. Check the "Best of" for the major categories, and you will find most are gone, with no postings in years. I suspect that the reasons are varied but a couple are obvious, first the stealing of good works and the second the absolute vitriol of commenters. Write a 100,000 word story and you are attacked by the grammer Nazi's when you misspell a couple words. YOUR story doesn't go as the READER wants, attack again by anonymous non-writers. Story is too long, attack, story is too short, attack, too much sex, attack, too little, attack, on and on. Then if you do write the perfect story, it ends up on other pay sites! Yes, I have had all those experiences and am showing my frustration with this rant. So in the end, yes ANOTHER great writer is gone and it is just a damn shame!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The art of touching one's soul

I really love your work, it touches a part of my soul that I have blocked off from others .I hope that one day I'll be able to write as well as you do , to put so much Heart and feelings into what you do to get that across is simple amazing. I can't be the only one who feels this way. now on to the other stories ..Thanks again , love them

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
addicted

I am addicted to this author. What is his real name, where can I find more of him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Every time I read the story it gets better and better. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
another one

once again you did NOT disappoint. another damned good read.

hornyoldgoat6969

MattKesterMattKesterover 6 years ago
Inspirational

This was an amazing story that was sad and triumphant at the same time. The characters had amazing depth, and the story was indeed inspirational. The details of running a shelter, the dynamics of the non-profit world, and even the developer were all very believable.

This is a well-put together story. The organization and flow were excellent, and the transformation of characters from experiencing loss, grief, and finding love again was expressed with just the right touch.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 6 years ago
Another superb story

I missed this when it was first published but I'm glad I found it on Christmas morning.

You are a masterful story teller, thank you for making my morning

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story and a fantastic writer. Love this story every time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So well written

Amazing and touching, had me glued to the end. Writing is definitely your gift, thanks for the input from the others to make this happen with such Aplomb! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
a brilliant story from

beginning to end...loved how it unfolded....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

I've came across this story several times as I've browsed literotica. I get a couple of paragraphs into it before I realize I've already read it, but I can never stop and end reading it again. Exceptional story! I'm sure I'll accidentally click on it again and repeat the cycle. Thank you

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 6 years ago
Read again!

I have read this again! Not sure why I got pulled to this great story but it is so well written it is worth reading!

The underlying sadness is the author is not writing so he/she can be read! It is terrible and shitty that someone ‘stole’ all this and tried to publish (epublish) it on Amazon until DreamCloud©️ put a stop to it per the bio on the authors site. I have no trouble believing it to be true but not something I really ever thought happening - obviously now very real and saddening. Well DreamCloud©️ if you are writing / publishing please drop a note I would be happy to purchase your new writings!

Thank you for leaving your “very living works” on this site!

I sincerely hope you are writing and one day I can read them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You DreamCloud

Thank you for writing this story and posting it here for me to enjoy.

I hope you return to writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful story

Couldn't stop my eyes from watering thank you for a wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Aw man, you made me cry.

Can't you see this as a movie? A remake/update of "It's a Wonderful Life".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
There are not enough stars.

This is amongst the finest works that I have ever read. nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
brilliant

This is amazing and you a great writer. Missed work today so I could finish reading this story.

May you pursue your passion and be recognised for your wonderful contributions

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I agree with anon 2/14/18

Absolutely brilliant. This could be a movie.

BeeDubyahBeeDubyahabout 6 years ago
Absolutely amazing!

This story is outstanding! I could not stop reading. You are an excellent writer. The story has such great depth and emotion and the main characters are well rounded. Another comment said this could be a movie and I totally agree, as I was thinking the same thing half way through. I am curious as to how Amber died though, especially since you noted that she died in David's arms. Tragic and awe inspiring. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best short story I've read in a long time.

This was a beautiful and amazing story. I'm richer having read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What a great story.... Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous