All Comments on 'The Promise'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 641 Comments (Page 7)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Reading earlier comments, it is certainly a 5* story BUT David is really a weak pathetic character. Amber was married to a wimp. Too wimpy mighty long to act on the IRS and found his balls when Sadie was served.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u10 months ago

Wonderful, fantastic story with all the elements to make a great movie.

Contrary to what some anonymous commentators say, grief causes different reactions in people, you ably portrayed one reaction to it, utter despair.

Thank you for a 5 star story.

campomancampoman9 months ago

Great story! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It should be a movie like Autum in New York!

Schlouis57Schlouis578 months ago

Merveilleux, j'en ai encore les larmes aux yeux. Merci.

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

I agree with one of the comments below, turn this into a script, I'm sure Hallmark would jump all over it. What a fantastic story.

NavypilotNavypilot7 months ago

a story with a very human feel to it which engages the reader. you have such a strong storyline/backstory to have everything fall into place just so towards the end all seems to convenient almost lazy way out. might make an interesting project for you to explore the issues that might be raised and how your characters deal with them as their relationship develops.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Read this not long after I first discovered Lit, it remains a great story with great characters, perfect pacing and no waffle. Just perfect. 5⭐️ Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Serious now: get hold of a decent script writer and then an agent. You need it to be optioned

StubbyoneStubbyone7 months ago

2nd time reading. Just as good as the first and needed just as many tissues. Your story was so real and the characters just jump off the page. Loved it. 10 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊’s

BabalooieBabalooie7 months ago

Wonderful. Five big ones/

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

SWEET !¡!¡!

🙈🙉🙊

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

someone al ready said it perfect 5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Absolutely brilliant.! This story deserves much wider publication.

gunmakergunmaker5 months ago

I know your work and it is some of the best on here. How in the hell did I not see this before? Wonderful! It put me in a good frame of mind. Thanks.

Geon54Geon545 months ago

NOTE: the author is still writing, just not here: mdpotter55 on Wattpad dot com.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Great story, great flow, great storyline, thank you!!

Grote_01Grote_015 months ago

Wunderful story. Great author

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

Great story! Powerful

tarkabukktarkabukk4 months ago

What a great story, it warms the heart while reminding that we all should work to give back to those that need a hand.

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another heartwarming story from you. It reminds us that it is the duty of the haves to give back to the have-nots of society.

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

This was freaking amazing. Thank you for writing it.

BAKKBAKK4 months ago

Awesome story! Had me tearing.... bLoody hell. Touched me deeply.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Gets a little better every time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

All of this author's stories are great and leave you feeling good. I can't believe he quit writing. I can see them not being posted on this site.

Does anybody knowhere he may post other stories? About 4 of these stories are on good reads. But I don't think that's the real author. I just can't see someone with this much talent stopping because they're mad. I can see someone having tragedies in their life or illness, or burnout and stopping. Anyone know the real story behind this author.

teslaownerteslaowner3 months ago

@anonymous 11 days ago. If you read the authors biography, you will note that he said that some misbegotten b#$&&$# had stolen his works and sold them on Amazon, and that as a result no further works would ever see the light of day. I hope that individual falls into a shithole and drowns for depriving us of such a gifted writer

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was raw, touching and moving. David feels real, his embarrassment and awkwardness at attention feels real, his grief feels real. Sadie's OCD feels real, her meticulousness feels real, her anxiety and insecurity feels real. It's not even easy, but natural to be compassionate with the characters and cheer them on to find their happiness again.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5 stars. What an emotionally stretching story that leaped over the gamut of complete depression and loss to joyful love and hope for the future. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I just this again, again. I don't know how many times, now, but I keep coming back to it. And I keep ending up with tears in my eyes multiple times. 70 year old men aren't supposed to cry, but I do.

I know you have stopped writing (at least here). I hope you are writing for profit, now. I also hope you check on your comments here once in a while. I just want to share my thanks (again). Fair winds and following seas to you. My hope for you is that you find that which you truly seek.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

Excellent, wet eyes throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Needed to get a second box of tissue.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerabout 1 month ago

Second time reading this one. I'm all cried out

Alphachick90Alphachick9019 days ago

Love this story ❤

Great redemption arc for David.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

When I first started this story, I abandoned it. I didn't like it. Several times afterward I did the same. Finally today, I gave it another try and continued reading the story. I became engrossed and really appreciated the story.

Five very solid stars, for this unique wrinkle of the soup kitchen volunteer trope. Again, five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

First time reading on this app that I got lost in the story. So well written. Such consistent, down-to-earth characters. Believable plot. So sweet. Excellent job well done. I’d shake your hand if i could. Thank you for allowing us experience this story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Thank you for the story. I have read this story over and over through out the years. a very beautiful story thank you. Still one of my favorites. Nirmal

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

First one of your stories I have read,.

Thank you it was beautiful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous