All Comments on 'The Promise'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 641 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
yes. awesome

that was beautiful.

im a bloke. and im saying this and i mean it.

cheers

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
TIME....TIDE.....AND THE PEOPLE OF GOOD FAITH

together or separately they are a formidable force. TK U MLJ LV NV

amsterdamamsterdamabout 6 years ago
Inspiring

This was the first of your stories that I’ve read and the first story I’ve read in the literotica ‘romance’ section. I was intrigued by the high mark and I’d seen a few other authors had favourited this and other stories. I wasn’t disappointed - it’s beautifully crafted and extremely well written.

Looking at your bio, you’ve obviously ‘retired’ from Lit due to the stealing issue but would be great if you let people know where they could find your work now - there are obviously a lot of fans of your writing who would be grateful for the opportunity to support what you’re doing.

As for the inspiration. Feels like time to finally get writing again and get some more of my own work out there. Good luck with whatever you’re up to and thanks for the great read. I’m now going to share the link with my wife...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Should be a movie

Excellent writing and great narrative. I had just about given up on the web site as containing any real art. It would make a great film. You should get an agent and partner with someone to make a screen play.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
Holy guacamole! What a phenomenal story!

So friggin’ sweet. And so well (mechanically) written. One of those “6” star stories. Bravo.

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 6 years ago
A re-read

and yes, more tears. Well done. Well done.

Another commentor was right when he said this would make a great movie. I have found a surprising number of stories, like this, that touches souls and needs a bigger audience whether it is on the big or little screen or printed by a mainstream publisher. The use of mentors and editors, the dialogue between authors and constructive suggestions from "critics" has led to a surprisingly good stable of quality authors. Yes, DreamCloud, you are certainly one of the gems on this site and hope to read many more offerings from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
AMAZING......

amazing... i just can't imagine how likely it matched my taste of story. u made it more delightful! glad i've found some good authors without horny sex kind of bloody stuff which i hated the most instead i love to read stories of feelings and true love and u r one those fav authors of mine on literoctica who made a way of love from me and made experience the reality in story!! thanks.

-siya

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 6 years ago
Just read this again!!!!

One of the best stories I have ever read! It touches me as few have ever done.Your writing continues to be a favorite! Thanks again for sharing your talent!!!!!!!

drachir53drachir53almost 6 years ago
5 cubed rating! Fantastic love story with a #1 ending.

This is one of my favorite stories on this site. Not too long with just the right amount of story of 2 people who had lost their loved one only to find true love again due to the circumstances of their meeting and helping each other!

Love your writing!

Baton Rouge Cajun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5th Reading

Yup! It's the 5th time I've read this story and I've no doubt I'll keep on reading it well into the future.

The story has everything a good yarn needs, but especially warmth and love from all the characters - we all need this warmth and love in our lives - no exceptions. Perhaps this is why it resonates and pulls so strongly on the heart strings?

I'm just trying to figure out how to award 6*

Thank you

19pvc44

MABGMABGalmost 6 years ago
Beautifully done!

I loved every word.

waifwaifalmost 6 years ago
Oh My God !!!

I loved it. It was so beautiful right up to the end. The last page was such a surprise that I broke into tears. I only wish that I could add additional stars.

5* is definitely not enough!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Still a terrific story!

The story is great, the characterization is very good, and the feelings are real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Promise!!

I loved this story. The people were great. It made me cry!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
I Had Forgotten...

...just how good this story was. Second time through and it is excellent. Sappy as hell and I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a wonderful story

This story is GREAT, I wish I could buy the full novel!

uavgasuavgasalmost 6 years ago
A Great Story, Even After the Second Read

I just finished reading this story again, and I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with BuzzCzar below me. After reading it again, I have found this story to be even better than I remembered it.

tavernkeepertavernkeeperalmost 6 years ago
Unforgettable

What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great

Well, I just have to say that I agree with the comments I have read. I enjoyed the story, the characters, the pathos & the emotions it raised in me. I freely admit that I love a happy ending but what I loved about this story [& others of yours], is it shows that you can write successfully for this site without resorting to violence, humiliation, misandry, lies & cheating. Judging by the volume of comments, I am not alone. Thank you for restoring some faith in my fellow man.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
A truly remarkable read!

I am not sure how many times I have read this now, but each time seems better than ever! What a special story from an awesome author!!!!!!

chris2300chris2300over 5 years ago
Wow

So well written, the plot and development was great. Thank you!

jmcharl1jmcharl1over 5 years ago
That was truly a gift to read

Thank you for what I consider one of the best love stories I’ve read. The 9 pages flowed by in an instant leaving me wanting more. If this story was a struggle to end then it is because the story could have so easily been continued. But, all good things must come to an end. . . and this story ended well.

I’m off to read more of your work.🙂

P.S. thanks Tim413413 for helping get this to post!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"you want to die, go to the other side."

Possibly the best sentence I've read on this site. Took me a few weeks to realise it was there...

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
3rd time reading and I realized I never left a comment....

Even though you no longer write on here, I hope you still stop by to check the comments. Hell, I hope to God you are still writing somewhere because your imagination talent needs to be shared.

This was one of the first and still only a few stories I have ever given a 5-star rating to. I'm kind of an ass when it comes to rating stories as most I read are 3 stars, which I consider very good. Then much less are 4 Stars which I consider great-exceptional. Then 5 stars, which out of probably a thousand stories I have read here I have only given about 10 stories the 5-star rating. I consider 5-stars to be stories that I actually cannot verbally classify. These are the ones that move me, either outlandishly joyful and/or to tears.

This story always makes my "Allergies act up" and my eyes water profusely from.

I wish I could contact you and discuss turning this story into a tv movie. I have some friends in the business that I could talk into assisting me. Some are Actors, Producers, and Directors. Even a few Stunt Guys/Gals. They have been in things like Sliders, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie, not tv show), Hercules the Legendary Journeys, Lois and Clark, among others.

I'm not proficient enough in the "business" to do it myself, I am more Executive Producer material which basically means I would front some money and help out in any other areas I could like Cooking/Catering (which is actually a big deal for the cast and crew lol). It sounds like an important title or role but it really isn't. Not like the actual "Producer" who is on the set and makes sure every aspect has what they need to make the production happen. Those are people that have actual experience, which I have very little of, but I do have some from working on movie sets as a Firearms/Weapons Trainer.

With the internet, digital cameras, CGI, Greenscreens, etc. movie making can now be done by nearly anyone and there are tons of small production companies that are owned and run by several different types of people in the business. For instance, my Stunt Performer friends got together and started their own production company and make their own movies that they actually do much of the acting and of course, stunts in. They are kind of low production value, but they do it mainly for fun and are almost parodies of blockbuster movies with titles very similar to them and they all are direct to DVD movies. They make them look like and remind me of the "B"-Rated action or Sci-Fi flicks of the 80's lol.

There are a few stories here on this site, this being one of them, that could easily be adapted to a screenplay, extended, and turned into a movie that could be featured on an "Ovary Channel" Network, like Hallmark, Oprah's, or Lifetime. Granted, they aren't huge money makers, but life shouldn't always be about money, sometimes it needs to be about the Art.

If you ever read this comment and would like to possibly collaborate on extending this story and turning it into a screenplay for a movie, let me know. I could always just come up with something similar and do that but I would much rather have your permission and use your vision regarding it as that is what made this story so good. I suspect you had much more in mind regarding this that you could have added after you wrote and published it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing

I was on page 3 when I realized the tears involuntarily streaming out of my eyes. This is the kind of story that makes life worth living.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful.

Beautifully written,captivating and endearing. Bravo.

davyupdavyupover 5 years ago
Wonderful

One of the best stories I’ve ever read. This could easily be turned into a movie. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Love it

Literotica.com. produces a lot of porn which I can't say I don't appreciate at times. But it gets old and is usually lacking in reality. It is quite by chance the "Romance" stories caught my eye. This is the second one I have read and have thoroughly enjoyed both of them. These read like a "Hallmark" movie but better. A little sex in them(the ones I have read) but really just great love stories. I will continue reading them. "The Promise" had me captivated from the start although I was a little confused with the singing audition and wondering where this was going to go. But once started I couldn't leave my laptop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
FANTASTIC!!!

Initially I did not look to see how many pages this story had. As I read it I found where a word may have been missing from a sentence or two to complete it but as a whole this story is very well written. The development of this story of romance from the beginning along with the detail keeps the reader to the very end. And I agree with one of the comments I read that this story could be a movie. THANK YOU for sharing your talent.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckabout 5 years ago
Read it again !

This is the third time I have read this and I enjoy it more each time . Seems odd though , I seem to go thru plenty of tissues each reading . One of the very best stories on the entire site and very well written .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

All I can say is, "Wow!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I read the whole thing in one sitting. I’m always looking for truly well written romance stories with believable characters, and this was a successful find. The plot is well developed and original. Really thoughtfully done. I’m gonna make all my friends read this haha

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 5 years ago
Magnificent

I wish I could give this masterpiece more than five stars!

arrowglassarrowglassabout 5 years ago
I read this incredible story again for the umpteenth time...so many I cannot remember!

One of the very best authors/storytellers...it is ALWAYS a pleasure!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Feeling all the feels right now

I just read the whole thing in one sitting. What a great story! Unforgettable characters and a truly moving story. I love everything about this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant

Wonderful story of redemption after loss. Two incredible central characters with a host of marvelous supporting actors. I too read this at one sitting (for the third time) and found it inspiring. The writing is fluid, easy and enjoyable, which takes great skill.

Reading for me is a form of escapism from many of the problems that surround us and I became enveloped in this tale. [As someone who wears the semi-colon, I truly understand the emotions surrounding the jump].

I do so enjoy a happy ending and wept at the sadness and almost cheered out loud at the joyful moments. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

By far the best story I have ever read. I love the fact that it didn't need to be graphic to be effective.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Tear jerker for sure

You my friend have a gift!

BubbacumBubbacumalmost 5 years ago
Awesome

Too bad people stole your stories because you by far have some of the best. Would love to read more from you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a dirty rotten filthy trick !!

How you think you can turn the premise of 'an emotionally challenged and vocally distraught suicide risk' into a readable story is one tiny ego trip short of being totally ridiculous.

That fact that you succeeded so superbly is absolutely disgustingly good !

Five pointy things for the enjoyable ride !

maddictmaddictalmost 5 years ago
My blind eye

Excellent if anyone wants a emotionally charged story here it is. "I fell into her arms", I never thought that. This story raised my visability factor. In Los Angeles their situation is at a breaking point, and becoming larger every week.

killerbeeezkillerbeeezalmost 5 years ago
We owe You!

Clicking page 9 was very bittersweet. I know eventually more becomes less, but I can't help thirsting for more. Well done. If anyone knows of a better author in this space, please send em my way, I haven't found any.

Also give us a PayPal or something please. :)

jsch1947jsch1947almost 5 years ago
Brilliant

Without question, the best story I've found yet.

Pure awesome!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Best story...

...on this site. Well written and the three main characters have great appeal. I dreaded reaching page 9. Five well-earned stars. Thank you.

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 4 years ago
Not Fair!

You broke my heart, made me cry, twisted the feelings in my belly, brought so many emotions to the surface.....then had the nerve to put it all into a well-written, well-paced tale that restored my faith in happy endings. Thank you for a very enjoyable read. I look forward to more!

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 4 years ago
Not Fair!!

You broke my heart, made me cry, twisted the feelings in my belly, brought so many emotions to the surface.....then had the nerve to put it all into a well-written, well-paced tale that restored my faith in happy endings. Thank you for a very enjoyable read. I look forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful

What a beautiful story and in an intriguing setting. Is this only a story and not based - even partially - on real life? Enjoyed it thoroughly. Simple well written English with a nice bit of humour every now and then. Thank you - and 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

What an emotionally powerful story. This story took me for a one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. WELL DONE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding

I'm just sad that it has ended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shades of My Own Past and Present

Fifteen years after my first wife died, when I was only 35, I found her successor, the second Queen of my Court. The parallels between our story and this are strong, and kept me reading to the last word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unexpected

I had no idea what type of story this would be when I first started reading, and it was an absolutely wonderful surprise! Beautiful, moving story that brought me to tears of sadness and joy. I only wish this could be a longer book!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kia ora!

Not just a beautiful story, but wonderfully well told.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 4 years ago
WOW!! Just absolutely Wonderful Story

This story led me through a gamut of emotions. Even a bit of tears to the eyes. Kind of a roller coaster ride to the top of human kindness down to the bottom of the barrel of greed of some Rich developers. Thanks for a great ride. Very Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Blew me away.

For me it started out okay. Got to page 2 or so and thought. Well this is going to end bad. Jumped a page or so and got locked in till then end. Fantastic. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Dear Author, You should be proud of the story you wrote. Great plot and rich characters woven in flawless style made for a very enjoyable read. Thank you for the rich "bowery" trip. 5* jntiques

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 4 years ago
Simply the best story I,ve read in a very long time.

I just finished and my throat is tight and my eyes are wet. Thank you for such an amazingly well written and heart string tugging story. Great, alive characters and well written dialog. You have such wonderful writing skills. Thanks for sharing what's in your very fertile brain. The easiest 5 ever. 😊😊😊😊😊.

paulyepspaulyepsover 4 years ago

You’re stories always leave me tears .. thanks .. what a great story .. I will be sad when I’m done reading the rest of your stories. Thanks again ! You’re amazing

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Totally Beautiful

Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you for a wonderful story

Wow, this was fantastic! I read it all in one sitting, and like others, thought this would make a fine movie. Got my eyes leaking a few times, too. So sorry to read that thieves appear to have driven you away from writing. If that's so, it's a loss to the world. I hope someone can coax you back to writing, with some way to protect your intellectual property. Maybe a TV movie with Puffs or Kleenex as a sponsor! ;-) I think this is the first time I've been moved to comment on a story. Thank you very much. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! 5 Stars!

The best script I have read! This would be an amazing movie with so many meaningful and significant plot lines. Incredible job of creating characters, adding a little foreshadowing, and putting the reader in the story. My compliments to your talent and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Dude. I swear if you started writing these stories to a publisher, you would become famous in a heartbeat. I've read some of your stories. The way you melt words into cupid's arrows which really drive home the values behind the story to the reader's heart is freaking beautiful. Wish someday you go professional. And the way you make such delicious stories with low sexual themes is just amazing. You're a great writer 'Cloud.

TrytopleezTrytopleezabout 4 years ago
Truly excellent.

Not much I can add that others haven't already been said however my weak attempt shall be this:

This whole story line is riveting from start to finish. I haven't read others of yours but this is hugely emotional. Thank you; thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
who don't like a happy ending?

No one apparently...you should go mainstream.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Movie!!!!!

Fantastic..... Literotica has a bunch of garbage, this and ones like it balance the scales and brings me back again and again.... thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Its a wrap.... for god sake make it a movie

best story ever

KayaknhKayaknhabout 4 years ago
Excellent......

Just frigging excellent.

Great characters. Great plot. Just great.

Thanks for writing.

Sybaris_CaesarSybaris_Caesarabout 4 years ago
Just wow!!!

I always complain that "similar stories" algorithm is fucked af. Only showing random stories. But this was a pure gem. And judging by the reader activity on this 5 year old story, many people agree.

I came here from riverboy's The Mail Girl. Do I thank him and you, DreamCloud for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing

Simply amazing.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 4 years ago
Got to stop

I've got to stop reading stories written by DreamCloud. This is the second one for me, just finished "The Rehab", and I'm almost a basket case by the end of each. Both stories have touched my heart and have me so teared up it gets hard to read. Excellent stories by an awesome author, my thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I always come back to Dreamcloud

These stories have become my refuge. Almost all stories make me content. Others upset me. All of them are outstanding. 4/2020. In these times, Dreamcloud has become more important than before. I wish I could find more stories but I am so grateful for these......Dreamcloud,,,,,Thank you so much.

Bound2BtakenBound2Btakenabout 4 years ago
Absolutely Superb!

I am very rarely moved to tears when reading stories, but this one touched my heart and had me blubbering in the last chapter.

The pathos and the poignancy of this wonderful tale was just the fillip we need in these unprecedented times.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The Promise

I don't normally read this type story but when i started i could'nt stop. it was a such a compelling story i just had to finish it. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My favourite writer from now on

You've had me engaged from the first story I've read written by you. Your style of writing, your perception of people, the detailed description of every situation. Just amazing. You compel me to read more and more. Just the best writer I've read in my lifetime. Thankyou for your absolutely wonderful stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The best story ever👍🏻

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What can I say?

5 stars given; A thousand stars deserved. Another top of the list story delivered. Beautiful. Chuck Close

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
The last paragraph nailed it

This was a very enjoyable story and kept my attention, but that last paragraph was totally unexpected. Great ending to a great story.

QuantumVoyagerQuantumVoyagerabout 4 years ago
Wonderfully sad and uplifting story!!!

Loved this story!!

MrJohnnySirMrJohnnySirabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

I am a 61 year-old man who more than once wept like a little girl. The absence of graphic sex didn't detract from my enjoyment at all. Very very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
well written

this is the 6th time i read this.. still good & emotional as the first time i’d read. thank you very much for sharing w/ us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Simply beautiful

Done with grace and the right touch. Also, very well edited. Just a systemic note to Lit' editors in general: Please, look up the difference between "compliment" and "complement." Almost every story on this site gets it wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Extraordinarily Touching

These stories of yours are a beautiful commentary on the human condition. Thank You for sharing them with us.

Cali_LoveCali_Lovealmost 4 years ago
One of the best on this site.

Please come back to writing and put some more gems in the Romance category. Thanks!

Voyeur2049Voyeur2049almost 4 years ago

Thank you for a wonderful story. I enjoyed every minute of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stunning

Having read two of your stories in succession now, I must applaud you for your style, content and character role of each person...I look forward to more of the same..having lost everything and lived on the streets, I have a new company that is doing fantastically well, but if not for those at the bottom who supported me, and now work "with" me, it would never have been...bravo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Feedback

Well done. This is a very well written story with great characterisation. I think that you have real talent as I say that as someone with three published books.

You have a couple of typos, by the way.

Page 5 - acquisitions should be accusations

Page 7 - clothes should be clothed

rds3rds3almost 4 years ago

Thank you for sharing I'm very happy to have found this story definitely read it again

Look forward to reading more of your fine work

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Fabulous

What more can be said

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a crock!!!

I read this site for stories that have believable backgrounds, literate and believable characters and storylines and a modicum of drama. I do not expect my hopes to be fulfilled - and what do you do? You don't fulfil them - you bloody exceed them!!

Doesn't this author know enough to play by the rules??

Damn it sir this isn't cricket!!

5 pointy things for painting within the lines!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You do this to me EVERY time !

A grown man (me) isn't supposed to be this sappy, but you make me want to cry after every one of your stories.

"Courses" on you for sharing such good fiction. 5 stars

woodwardwoodwardover 3 years ago

Just found this story and can't say how much I enjoyed it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I want to tell you a quick story. My great aunt lost her husband when her boys were in high school. He had a heart attack when he was 42. My aunt's father, my great grandfather died at the same age. He left my grandmother pregnant with my mother. My grandmother could not attend the funeral because the doctors feared for both mother and baby. Anyway, my great aunt raised her boys and managed to keep her hair salon open. One day she met a new customer and they became friends. She had a brother who also lost his wife and left him alone with teenagers. They were introduced and fell in love. Like my great uncle, this man was also a veteran of WW2. They both married later and lost their first loves.

They fell in love with each other and joined their families. (Names changed) My great aunt Ellen and Uncle Paul knew that when they passed they would he interred with their first spouses. That is what happened but sometimes I think the cruelty. They all belong together. Paul was there for Ellen when she lost herself from Alzheimers. He never missed a day. She died at 91. He lived another 2 years and died at 98. They were married for 41 years.

Does it matter who came first? Does it matter that Richard and Amber came first? They shouldn't feel guilt. I truly believe that if you love someone truly, you will want them happy and loved when you are gone.

Dc5655Dc5655over 3 years ago

A tear jerker!!! Thank you.

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540over 3 years ago
Another one

I use this site for self entertainment purposes.

But every once in a while I find an author who makes me glad that I learned to read. One who reminds me that it is just fine for someone like me to wipe my eyes while reading. One who makes me try harder to be a better wordsmith.

Thank you.

PsychopuppyPsychopuppyover 3 years ago
Wow

Beautiful story. Thank You .

nyteramblernyteramblerover 3 years ago

Loved the story and how it ended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Drew Me In

I was idly reading erotic stories when I stumbled across your novella. I read it in one sitting. You caught me, and drew me into the story. Good writing does that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow, just wow.

This was totally unexpected but that is what good writing does for a reader. Well done DreamCloud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

What a well written and engaging story! Wonderfully done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing story

One of the best on this site. I read your comment about your stories being stolen from you. You said that you will not publish anymore because of that. I am saddened at the loss of more superb stories you have written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous