All Comments on 'The Proposal'

by IvHAuthor

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
chytownchytownover 1 year ago

***Thanks for the short story a little light in the storyline, but still somewhat entertaining.

tonydxxtonydxxover 1 year ago

An intriguing trio of story-fragments from you today. This one I'd like to see developed further. I look forward to more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just an overwrought attempt at depth of emotion where none exists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like expecting a steak dinner, and getting ramen noodles instead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really cool! A ships passing in the night story with some "he who hesitates is lost" thrown into the mix. Platitudes to be sure but also with large kernels of experiential wisdom. Nicely set up, and the usual extended psychobabble was omitted in favour of a succinct telling of the tale. It is refreshing when an author trusts their readers enough to let them fill in for themselves the outlines of a character's thoughts. Very enjoyable! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had to check again to see how this happened. There was no meeting time on the note! Just meet me.

Anyway i feel he is better off. She said no and without a “why” and shacks up who know where for two weeks.

One and done. Move on or stay fwb but see others and for goodness sake use protection.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Her prize was the empty stage behind door number three. Wah! Wah! Hopefully Aaron finds a better woman who won't play games with his heart.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

I very much liked this piece; surprised at some comments. Poignant and painful yet happens so often; I suspect most of us have been there one way or another — over taken by paralysis only to suffer the consequences of indecision. Sometimes consequences are minor, sometimes not.

IvHAuthorIvHAuthorover 1 year agoAuthor

@Migbird Thank you 😊 We will see what the editor says once I finish a draft. Maybe this one doesn't belong in the book?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvHAuthor@IvHAuthor
IvHAuthor, moved to New York City in 1998. She is an author, illustrator, and composer, as well as an amateur porn creator and performer. If you enjoy my work, please check out my website: https://www.ivyharlet.com Merch is available at https://theharlethouse.etsy.com Addit...