The Reckoning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man shakes his head slowly, "No, of course not."

He turns and gestures for Natasha and Mischka to join them, the woman looks up from the grave, her face turning towards the girls. He hears her gasp, "Natasha!"

The woman stands slowly, then moves next to her husband, making place at the grave. Natasha and Mischka join them, Natasha's voice sounds softly, "Hello." Then she kneels before Dusek's grave, holding Mischka's hand, and carefully places her red rose on top of the grave. Mischka follows suit, putting down her little bouquet next to the rose. Natasha turns to Mischka, tears running down her face. She hugs her tightly. "Oh Mischka, I miss your papochka so much."

The man's eyes widen, and he says something in Slovak. His wife shudders, then whimpers, her hands moving up, covering her mouth. Natasha glances up at them, then looks back at Mischka, letting go of her, "These are your grandparents, Mischka." The older woman's hands drop, and Mischka freezes for a moment. "Why don't you go and say hello," Natasha says softly. Mischka takes a faltering step towards the woman, who reacts by extending her arms towards her.

Mischka glances up at him "It's okay pumpkin," he says. Mischka looks at the woman again, then she runs up to her, into her eager arms. Dusek's mother drops down on her knees, hugging her grandchild, crying softly. The man closes on Mischka, his eyes are wet, and he extends his hand, caressing the top of her head. Natasha gets up, and stands beside Michael.

The man looks up at them, "Dusek, he was our only child. We thought.., we had nothing left." He takes a step towards them, "I'm so sorry Natasha; it was wrong what we did, but we only realized after you and Dusek had left." He hesitates, "Have you contacted your parents yet?" Natasha slowly shakes her head, the man swallows, "They came to us, shortly after the two of you ran away. They stayed in touch, and after Dusek was brought back... They're worried sick Natasha. Your mother..., she thinks you died too, she went to pieces at Dusek's funeral."

Natasha swallows, "They're not angry with me anymore?"

He gestures at Mischka, "You're a mother yourself now. Would you be?"

Michael feels her lean into him; she looks up at him, "I need to go home to my parents now, I have to see them."

He nods, hugs her, and then kisses her softly, "I know, don't worry, It's all going to be okay Natasha."

*** The End ***

Copyright (c) 2021 Banbeck, All Rights Reserved.

This work may not be published whether for fee or free without this copyright.