The Reunion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To help calm herself, she thought back over the past month, since the reunion in Indiana. It had been a busy time, but it was fun as well.

She had made an impromptu arrangement with the passenger sitting next to Michael and he readily agreed to move up to first class. She smiled at the memory of laying her head on his strong shoulder, holding his hand, and falling peacefully asleep on the flight home. When they landed in Palm Desert, she felt well-rested and ready to get home. It was evening by that time in southern California.

They arranged for a shuttle to take them to Sharon's home. During the ride, Sharon pointed out major landmarks, as this was the first time Michael had visited the desert oasis. When they were dropped-off, they walked around the country club, had a night cap at the clubhouse and strolled back arm-in-arm, before falling into bad, together.

One of the memorable moments of the visit was the next morning, when Sheri brought Jimmy over. They had just got back from the club house gym, where they had played racquetball. Still in their sweaty clothes, they were enjoying coffee on the patio next to the pool, when Sheri arrived. They had heard the front door open and close and a female voice call, "Hey mom, you home?"

Jimmy had bounded out onto the patio and spotting Sharon, gleefully shouted, "Nana," and ran to her. The little boy of four, was wearing a tee shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. Sharon wept him up in her arms and began smothering him in kisses, causing him to burst out in cackling laughter. Michael stood smiling and set his coffee cup down. Soon afterward, Sheri stepped out onto the patio, carrying a day pack and other accoutrements of a mother to a young boy. Sheri was smiling broadly and walked up to Michael and introduced herself and gave him a warm hug.

When Jimmy saw Michael, he pushed himself from Sharon's grandmotherly grip, dropped to the pavement and walked up to Michael and his mom. He appeared awestruck and asked, "Are you my gram 'pa?"

Michael had looked to her, and Sheri quickly and then dropped down to Jimmy's level and presented his hand to him and said, "Jimmy, if you want to, you can call me Grandpa Mike," and looking to Sheri who stood there with her hand over her mouth, asked, "Is that okay, mom?"

She quietly nodded her head and wiped her eyes. Jimmy shook Michael's big hand and then went bounding off to chase a butterfly, cackling with laughter. It was amazing to see how open and accepting her grandson was to Michael.

There had been one day that Sharon had been called into several meetings at one of her foundations and asked Sheri to take Michael some place fun. Sheri chose the Living Desert Zoo. She smiled at the memory of how accepting her family had been of Michael.

As she thought this, Michael stood and asked, "Would you like some coffee?"

"I never turn down good coffee," she said with a warm smile.

She thought they made a pretty good team. As Michael walked across the room to the coffee service and set a pod in the Keurig to brew, she reminisced about their buying her new car.

Later that first morning after meeting Sheri and Jimmy, Sharon was going to take him shopping for some clothes and Michael said he wanted to look at some cars for her. After they had showered and dressed, Sharon took him to the garage and his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the jag, she had made the 'death before dishonor' proclamation concerning. It was a red mint condition, 1989 Jaguar XJS convertible. He gave a wolf whistle when he saw it and observed, "Sexy lady, sexy car."

She asked him if he would do the honors and held out the keys. He accepted them and she garage it the door control, to open the three-car garage. Always the gentleman, he opened the passenger door for her and helped her into the car. He then walked around the long, sleek nose of the sports car and got behind the wheel. Smiling she could see he enjoyed the feel of the rich, brown leather and the feel of the wheel. Putting on her sunglasses, she had looked at him and said, "You know, once you drive one of these, you'll never want to drive anything else," with an alluring smile.

They spent the morning test driving several Escalades before settling on a white touring model, which had all the bells and whistles. The dealer and his manager were literally salivating, as Michael wrote the check for the full price. They agreed they would pick it up later, after it was detailed for them.

After this, they drove around Palm Desert and shopped for some desert clothes for Michael. He commented that he hated shopping for clothes and thanked her for recommendations. They left with several bags of polos, khakis -- both shorts and slacks, as well as a few Tommy Bahama button ups for variety.

Later that afternoon, when they pulled up in the Escalade, Sheri was amazed at the purchase. Jimmy wanted to immediately to go for a ride in the big truck. So, moving his car seat from Sheri's Honda to the backseat of the Escalade, they went for a ride. Sheri rode up front with her mom and the boys rode in back, much to Jimmy's delight.

That evening as her and Michael lounged in the jacuzzi by the pool with glasses of Pinot, she thanked him for the fun day. After soaking in the water, she then suggested they retire to the outdoor shower enclosure, winking at him suggestively.

They played several rounds of golf during his stay. Michael discovered that Sharon was extremely competitive when it came to the links, but he got some payback when they played racquetball.

Most memorable time was the trip to Disneyland. They travelled in the Escalade and Jimmy enjoyed a DVD, while Sheri and her mom chatted. Michael played with Jimmy and enjoyed the scenery. They planned to spend three-days at the park. Spending most of their time in Small World with Jimmy, Sheri ordered her mom and Michael to go have fun, in the afternoons while Jimmy napped. In the evenings they enjoyed the parades and light shows. Michael got to lower the flag on Main Street at their evening color ceremony, while Sharon took many pictures.

On the second evening, Michael and Sharon strolled the outdoor mall next to the park, looking for a place to eat dinner. They passed a jewelry store and Michael said he wanted to buy something for her. Sharon selected a diamond necklace and earring set. She didn't wear a lot of bling, but she enjoyed receiving the gift.

On the third day, Jimmy had problems going down for his nap and Sheri was becoming frustrated. Sharon volunteered to stay with him and told her daughter to have fun. It would give her time to chat with Michael and she would get to spend time with her grandson. They were gone several hours, and Jimmy was in his room watching TV, when Sharon's phone notified her, she had an incoming text. Setting her book down, she picked-up the phone expecting it to be Michael, but saw it was her son's number.

She was just going to open it when she heard the key card open the door and saw Sheri and Michael's return. She greeted them and she opened the text, which froze her in her tracks. All she could say was, "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

Sheri wanted to know what had caused the reaction. Hopping up and down with excitement, turned the phone so they could see and exclaimed, "Bianca is pregnant!"

On the screen was a copy of an ultrasound image that showed the wonderful image of new life forming. Sheri was ecstatic, and Michael swept her into his arms and congratulated her on becoming a grandmother, again.

They went out and celebrated and when dinner was finished Sheri took Jimmy back to their room at the hotel, while her and Michael strolled for a bit. They had made plans to watch the fireworks from their balcony and Michael had called the hotel to have a bottle of champagne in their room for them. When they returned, they found the bucket, suitably chilling the bottle on the balcony with two glasses on a silver tray, with chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Sharon went into the bathroom and came out in her black silk robe; Michael popped the cork on the bottle. Sharon quipped, "I hope that's not the only cork you plan on popping," and accepted the glass he filled. Just then, the fireworks started exploding outside. They went out on the balcony to watch them and toasted the birth of Sharon's new grandchild.

Michael hugged her close as they watched the tremendous display of sights and sounds. As they were watching he said to her, "I want to make some fireworks of our own, how about you?"

Sharon readily agreed and with that Michael dropped to his knee in front of her and took a small box from the pocket of his khaki slacks. Sharon was stunned, when he opened the box to display a sizeable diamond ring and proclaimed, "Sharon, you have made me so happy. Would you marry me?"

Speechless, Sharon shook her head and tears of joy streamed down her face. She presented her left hand and Michael tried the ring on her finger and found it fit perfectly. He stood with a broad smile on his face, and she leapt into his arms. The toasted the moment with some more champagne and fed each other a strawberry before Michael again swept her off her feet and carried her to their bed.

Snapping back to the present, she stood and smoothed her dress. Just then the door to the conference room opened and Bill Clark, Michael's Operations Manager, asked them to come in. Entering the room, Sharon was asked to be seated at the end of the table. She saw that everyone was smiling and hoped that was a good sign.

Michael moved to the head of the conference table and remained standing. Looking around at the members of the board he asked, "Has a hiring decision been made?"

Bill answered and said, "It has," and looking at Sharon he said, "Ms. Marsh... Sharon, we would like to offer you the position of Program Coordinator for 'Becca's Place. Congratulations!"

Later, as Michael and Sharon enjoyed some wine as they took a bath in the huge clawfoot tub of the main cabin's master bath. Toasting each other, they both commented on how their lives had been amazingly changed, by a reunion they had both dreaded attending.