The Right One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you." I swallow a deep breath and sit on the chair next to him.

Rupert motions for a waiter and asks for my choice of drink.

"I'll have water for now." I need all my wits about me.

I can't have any low inhibitions around Ethan. What is he doing here? Why am I so nervous? He's the same Ethan who refused to kiss me the last time we had dinner together. Shit. Why would I think of something so embarrassing right now?

"What brings you into town?" I pretend to focus on my silverware as I ask the question.

"Had some business to take care of. And when Rupert told me what he was up to tonight I begged him to let me come." There is a playful glint in his eyes.

I look down and nod. The blush creeps high on my cheeks. Because of course, it does.

"I hope you don't mind," Rupert speaks up. "I think it would be appropriate for him to be part of your celebration since his program did encourage you to take that next big step."

I shake my head. "Of course, I don't mind."

"It's not my program." Ethan shakes his head as if this is a constant argument between them.

Rupert rolls his eyes. "You only organize and agonize over every little detail that comes to it."

His wife speaks up. "Leave poor Ethan alone."

We make more small talk until the waiter arrives and we put in our orders. The evening passes by with trivial little arguments between Rupert and Ethan. Eleanor remains impartial and I just giggle at the nonsense Rupert gets Ethan to partake in. The nervousness from earlier starts to slowly shift away and I indulge in one drink.

We briefly talk about work and I listen attentively as Eleanor talks about her endeavors as a CIO. My interests can't be hidden as Ethan talks about his current project and all that goes up in headquarters. I try to keep my talking to a minimum since my job can be described in a few sentences and it is not nearly as interesting as their positions. Ethan encourages me by asking more questions. Then they bring up my new position and things that I should expect.

By the end of our dinner, I feel a lot better.

There is still a bit of nervousness as I look at Ethan, but he is just too polite to not feel comfortable around him. He doesn't make anyone feel left out and he always gives me his undivided attention. It is a wonder he doesn't have many friends, or at least none that he will really speak of. Not even a girlfriend.

As we all wait out front for our vehicles to be pulled up, Ethan stands next to me with his hands in his pockets.

Eleanor leans over and gives us both a hug when their car arrives. Rupert does the same, congratulating me once more. And then we're left alone.

Ethan is the first one to break the silence.

"I am sorry if my presence made you uncomfortable."

I look down at the sidewalk and urge the blush to leave my cheeks. If only he knew why his presence makes me uneasy. And why it also gives me a sense of calmness. How can that be?

"I'm fine." I look up at him.

"Where is your boyfriend tonight?" He grimaces as he realizes the conversation he just started. The one that never ends well between us.

"I'm not sure." I bite my lip. "We're no longer together."

He was not the right person. Ethan was right. I doubt he will gloat about it.

His frown remains as we wait for others to get their vehicles. I still have my ticket in my hand and I haven't moved to give it to the valet. It would have made more sense to get out of here as soon as possible. Like right after Rupert. But any word that comes out of Ethan's mouth keeps me glued to my spot.

When I realize he isn't going to respond, I move forward and ask for them to pull up my car.

He still doesn't say anything as we wait. This is the longest he has ever kept quiet in my presence. It makes me nervous. So nervous that I can't meet his eyes. I just stand next to him and nibble on my lip. Finally, my car gets pulled around and I turn to say my farewell.

The troubled look in his eyes stop me short.

"Would you like to grab a drink?" He frowns down at me.

I've never been asked for a drink in this manner before. Almost as if the idea isn't as pleasant as it sounds.

"Sure." Somehow, I respond and he goes to the driver's side of my car.

I hop in next to him and put my seatbelt on.

"Are you just going to leave your car here?"

He shakes his head, still frowning. "I took a taxi."

Nothing more.

No witty story or funny comment. No dazzling smile and light conversation. The change in him is surreal.

He drives with tense shoulders. The ride itself is smooth but I feel a tension in the air that I can't ignore. I'm not sure why. What caused the shift? Why does he seem upset?

He parks the car in a secluded area downtown, near a big tree and far from the street lights. There is a small restaurant at the end of the block, but I don't even think they're open. I turn to look at him in question.

"I apologize if this seems very forward," He is still gripping the wheel, staring straight ahead. "But I have to be open about something."

"What's wrong?" I shift my body to look at him more clearly.

"Seeing you tonight has been the best thing to happen to me in months." His jaw tightens and then he closes his eyes. "I have to be honest with you, Leila. I really enjoy your company."

My jaw drops and my heart begins to pound. I try to quiet my breathing but it is hard. This is Ethan whom I'm listening to. This is the most serious I've seen him and I can't believe what he's saying. Nothing makes sense. There has to be a joke in there somewhere. Right?

"I've tried to keep my distance." He lowers his hands and removes his seatbelt. His body turns toward me. "I promised myself I wouldn't get between you and...Leila, I have to know if this is all one-sided."

I look into his eyes. He is being 100 percent honest. He's revealing his feelings and waiting for me to say something.

"Will you kiss me now?" My mouth speaks before my head can intervene.

His lip quirks but he shakes his head. "There is more."

"More?" I remove my seatbelt.

He runs a hand across his face. "I can't believe I'm going to say it but I just need..."

"Ethan," I reach over and grab his hand. "What is it?"

He looks down at my hand in his.

"I want you, Leila." He meets my eyes again.

A sharp thrill shoots up my spine.

"You do?"

"Undeniably so." He nods. His frown returns. "But I want you in a particular way. One that isn't typical of a relationship."

My mind draws a blank.

"I want to own you."

A sharp gasp escapes my lips.

"I want to show you just how much I want you. I want to please you and punish you and do things for you so that you in return do things for me." He runs a hand through his hair and groans in frustration. "I'm sorry, I know this is a lot. And usually, I'm much calmer when I'm explaining this."

Just how many women has he explained this to? At least one, his ex-wife.

"What I really want is your submission." His hands ball into fists on his lap.

My eyes widen even more. "Why?"

He shrugs. "It is the way I'm wired."

I look down at my hands. Although this feels like one big joke, I know it isn't. It can't be. Not with someone like Ethan who is very straightforward and knows exactly what he wants. He doesn't say things with a double meaning. He may be nice and approachable but there is this other side of him just lurking underneath that I didn't notice. Am I blind?

"You're a Dom?" I speak without thinking again.

It's his turn to look caught off guard. "Yes."

"And you would like me to be your submissive?"

He nods and swallows. "Are you familiar with this lifestyle?"

I shake my head. "No, not personally. But I've seen movies and read stories."

"They're not very accurate portrayals I'm afraid." He interlocks his fingers. "But you get the idea."

I nod and think about what he's asking of me.

"You would like me to serve you and give you ownership of myself?"

He blows out a breath. "You have no idea how those words sound coming from your lips."

There is darkness in his eyes. A different type of intensity that I have not seen. His reaction to my words causes my own core to light up. I feel the slickness form between my legs. I'm sure we're both feeling very attracted to each other at the moment. He just requires something that I'm not entirely certain that I can give.

"What type of relationship will we have?" That is a main concern.

"We can be exclusive if that is what you need." He looks away. "Although, you just got out of a relationship, so I will allow you to set the pace. I don't want you to rush into anything you're not sure of."

"I want you too," I admit to myself as well as him.

He nods.

"But I do need some time to think about it." I can't believe I'm saying it. But I know myself. I can't just jump into this without discovering exactly what it means. Exactly what he wants from me and just how much I'm willing to give. I'm not going to open myself up to be burned once again.

"Of course." He nods again. "We can table this conversation for another time when we can discuss the terms freely."

Terms. Sounds very transactional. Not at all like any form of relationship.

"Okay." I look down at my phone. "Maybe we shouldn't grab drinks tonight."

"It's probably for the best." He looks at me, intensely. "I can grab a cab here."

"I can take you to your hotel." I shrug. "Then we can set up a time to meet. I'm available tomorrow if that works for you."

"Sure." He turns on the car and starts to drive to his hotel.

The car ride is silent like before. But this time the tension between us isn't filled with confusion. There is an understanding. Anticipation of what we can both look forward to. There is knowledge that this will not be the last time that we see each other. Hopefully, the next time we are together, we will be in a better place.

He pulls into the hotel parking lot and leaves the car on.

"I will see you tomorrow." He grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"Ethan?" I watch, enchanted by his hazel eyes. "Will you kiss me now?"

He tries to hide the concern in his eyes but I catch it.

"Or will that be inappropriate?" I pull my hand back.

He sighs and places both hands on each side of my face. His body leans across the center console until he is inches away from my lips.

"I'm afraid it will be nearly impossible to stop once I get a taste of your lips." His nose brushes against mine.

I try to lean further in but he holds me steady. My hands come up to his shirt, fisting the cloth, and trying to pull him closer.

"So eager." His breath brushes against my lips.

"Ethan," I pout against his hold.

His lips lightly mold against mine and I moan. He takes a sharp breath and pulls me closer to him. I try to sneak my tongue out but he pulls back and chuckles.

"This is going to be fun." His lids are low and his lips are glistening.

With one last peck on my lips, he pulls back and brushes my hair back. "I will see you tomorrow. Meet me in the hotel lobby at 6 pm for dinner."

So, it begins.

<<<>>>

How many times do I check myself out before leaving my place?

Too many to count. I only hope he likes my salmon-colored dress and yellow pumps. I spent most of the day worrying about what to wear, how to walk, and even how to carry myself to prepare for dinner. This meal will be very different from the rest. I know what I'm going into as I swipe my hair to the side and apply some perfume on my wrists. It isn't going to be like the last few times we have been together.

I drive carefully, but a bit over the speed limit.

Once I arrive at the hotel, I park in the lot and hold my breath for five counts. That does nothing to quiet the beating behind my ribs. My eyes glide to the dashboard and I jump out, realizing I will be late if I delay any longer. I wonder if he'll be waiting by the bar or just lounging about. Lounging doesn't sound like something Ethan does.

I notice him immediately.

He's wearing a light gray suit with a powder blue shirt underneath. I'm not sure how he pulls it off but it looks pleasant on him. His hands are in his pockets as he talks to one of the staff members but I see the thick watch poking out. The last thing I notice is the length of his hair is shorter than yesterday. I guess I wasn't the only one preparing for our time together again.

His eyes meet mine as I walk across the room and he doesn't greet me with a smile like he usually does.

There is a small smile. Just not the overly friendly one he shares with everyone. This one is filled with something underneath. It pulls at my core.

I'm absolutely in trouble.

"Leila," He leans over to kiss my cheek after excusing himself from his conversation. "You look breathtaking."

No amount of makeup can cover the blood that rushes to my face.

"Hi, Ethan. You're too kind."

He looks down at his watch and dazzles me with a smile. "I figured I could drive us to dinner if you're okay with that."

I nod and follow him back out of the hotel entrance.

>>>

He helps me out of the car when we arrive.

The car ride was spent with small talk that I can hardly remember.

All I can seem to focus on is how delicious he smells and how wet my panties are. It has been some time since I've felt so physically attracted to anyone that everything else dulls around me. I'm hyper-focused on the way he doesn't touch me as we walk across the restaurant. How he leans in a little as he pulls my chair but doesn't linger against my neck. Even when he sits across from me, he is careful not to look anywhere but into my own eyes. Even though I made sure my breasts were perfectly on display.

"Do you mind if I order for you?" It doesn't sound like a trick question.

I shake my head.

The waitress comes by and takes our order. He is clear and concise. After having dinner with him before, he knows enough to order something decent for me. I'm impressed and slightly wary. Will he always want to order for me? Should that bother me?

"So, is this part of it?" I cross my legs.

He raises an eyebrow in question.

"You would like to order for me when we go out?"

He gives me a thoughtful look. "That is a small part of it."

"What else is there?" I lean in forward and look around, lowering my voice. "Will you pick out what I wear?"

He looks down at my choice of clothing for the night and shakes his head. "You seem to be doing great on your own." Then he rubs his chin. "But there may be some nights I will ask you to wear something specific or maybe nothing at all."

His words have their desired effect. The purring in my lower belly is deep enough to make my knees weak. Simple words that conjure up plenty of images. I like that. I want that. It is very scary to admit.

I frown in response. "What if I want to pick out my own clothing and my own food?"

I don't know why I'm pushing back. What he's saying isn't suffocating me in the least. It actually sounds pretty reasonable and almost like a luxury to a fault. I've always been responsible for myself. Hank never picked out a dress for me and I highly doubt he would know what to order for me if we were to go out on a spontaneous dinner, which never really occurred.

The thought of giving my mind a break and having someone else do something so mundane gives me a different kind of pleasure. One that does add fire to the heat between my legs but also alleviates pressure from our interactions. If I could focus more on pleasing Ethan than worrying about how I look or what I should eat, I bet it would change my views on being a total submissive.

So, why am I reacting as if that isn't what I want? Where is the disconnect?

He shifts in his seat, no longer sitting with ease. "I figured we could talk in more detail after the first course at least."

It is a minor scold but I feel it.

His tone did not change, nor the look in his eyes. But it is as if he reached across the table and gave my hand a slight squeeze in warning. I lower my head like a child. I do not like it.

We are silent as the waitress drops off our drinks. The food follows shortly after.

"Let me know if everything is to your liking or if you would like me to send anything back." He starts cutting into his steak.

"I can talk to the waitress directly if I have a problem." I bristle at the thought of being treated like an actual child.

He gives me one short nod.

There is more silence between us. I know I'm the cause of it. I'm making this awkward and not giving in to his requests. They're small. Hell, I've allowed a man to do a lot more degrading things but for some reason giving Ethan even an ounce of power is terrifying. I can see all too well what it would be like to dip my toes in. Give him just the smallest bit of control and become intoxicated with it. He is caring, thoughtful, and observant. Isn't that what I would want out of someone trying to exert their control over me?

"Maybe now is a good time to go over what you would like out of this." I motion between us.

Maybe now is not the best time. I know this. I'm feeling uncomfortable in my seat. He can make a totally valid claim that I'm not being receptive at the moment and I will still fight him on it. I'm not in the mood to listen to him talk about all of the ways he will set boundaries for me and what will happen if I don't listen.

He must know that because he doesn't take the bait.

"Perhaps we should wait until dessert." His hazel eyes have not strayed from mine.

I finish the rest of my drink and then excuse myself to go to the restroom.

I stare at myself in the mirror and shake my head. My cheeks are bright, complemented by the color of my dress. My eyes are vivid and slightly glossy. What am I doing? Why am I here if I'm second-guessing this whole ordeal? I'm not giving him a fair chance. I'm trying to fight for the control that I frankly do not want or care about. Ethan is who I want. He is who I should feel comfortable around. Nothing has changed between us, yet. And nothing probably will if I keep this up.

I walk out of the restroom and stop dead in my tracks when I see Ethan right outside the door. A woman walks behind me to get into the restroom, causing me to move closer to him in the hall.

He takes my hand in his and quickly pushes me against the wall, cornering me with his body.

"What is it?" He looks down at me, inches from my face. "What is bothering you?"

I stare up at him, barely controlling the short breaths coming from my lips. "I don't know." I shake my head. "I have no idea."

His large hand comes down and presses against my lower stomach. I close my eyes, feeling the weight of his hand. Sparks of pleasure sizzle under his touch. This is the second time he's touching me in a different way. In a way that I never thought possible. I would be a complete phony if I said I wouldn't do just about anything to have him explore further.

His lips brush down against my ear. "Take a moment to gather yourself. When you come back to the table, I want you to have an open mind and an open heart."

He leaves me stranded in the hall.

I slowly open my eyes and stare at the ceiling.

With shaky legs, I go back to my seat and stare at him from under my lashes.

He looks like he hasn't moved an inch. Like he wasn't just in the hall there giving me the courage to come back and sit here. Would I have run away if he didn't catch me? Maybe.

"I ordered a dessert for us to share. I hope that is okay with you." He brings his drink to his lips.

I nod and stare down at my hands.

"This could be something very real between us." He says after a while. "I can feel it."

I stare at him, trying to keep the emotion out of my eyes.

"It goes beyond wanting to make decisions for you." He thinks about his next words. "Yes, I want to order for you and pick out what you wear. I want to feed you sometimes and have you feed me. I want to keep you by my side when we're out and constantly remind you who is in charge. Have your body become accustomed to my roaming hands and yearn for my touch when I give you a certain look."

1...34567...16