All Comments on 'The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 22'

by DaddyIrishman

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
ObedientsubObedientsubalmost 6 years ago
It was good

I enjoyed this chapter, although a little short. I thought it was hilarious when Dante told Odin about little Ms Helen and Lily damn near lost her mind! 😂😂

Keep it up DaddyIrishman!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

This started off as very promising even though it bore more than a passing resemblance to another story on this site - orphan. But there's too much detail! It's getting boring. When is the actual story going to start. Too much background no storyline no drama

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Once again a person who thinks sex and violence belong in the same universe

This story is not erotic and doesn't belong on this website or any other.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Once again...

An anon user posting a useless opinion, once again lol. Sorry you didn’t like it, nobody is forcing you to read it or even continue to read new chapters. Many others have enjoyed it and that’s great. Many do not enjoy it and that’s fine, that’s the beauty of having thousands of other options, you have choices. If you don’t like it and continue to read and respond I’d say that says something far more about odd personal choices than anything else.

I get it many dislike and bash on what I wrote, that’s fine and y’all are welcome to your opinion. Just not sure why it seems necessary to keep reading and posting the same sorry lines chapter after chapter. If you don’t like it read something else, no one, least of all me, is forcing y’all to keep reading. Find something else as there is plenty of options. As I also said and has been proven repeatedly is that many others do like it, and those that enjoy it I’m glad to hear and thanks for reading. More is coming and the rest of the chapters have been submitted and are pending approval for posting, hope you enjoy!

- DaddyIrishman

suebramleysuebramleyalmost 6 years ago
I'm enjoying it

Thank you for a great story especially as it is your first attempt. I am enjoying it no matter what anyone says. I note that the ones complaining are anonymous!! Wonder if they would be prepared to write a story? Probably not. Keep up the good work. I am now checking every day to make sure I don't miss a chapter!! lol Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why ask for feedback if you’re only going to tell people they’re wrong?

And that you’ll write whatever you want? If you’re not interested in receiving feedback from all readers perhaps you should turn off anonymous comments.

You won’t though because then you might miss out on a few accolades which it what you’re really after isn’t it.

I am a contributing member here but you bet I’m going to give feedback from behind the screen of anonymity. I work very hard on my stories, they are original ideas and go through several drafts before submission. Why wouldn’t I protect them from unfair retaliatory voting? That would be silly lol

You’ve received some helpful comments on previous chapters, some of which I’d bet money were from contributing authors, and your response was that you’ll write whatever you want and you’re not going to rewrite the entire thing. I’ve restrained myself from commenting before but I’m just going to say this and be on my way.

This entire series reads like a first draft in desperate need of a third or fourth draft to wrangle it into something manageable. Twenty two chapters of world building/backstory is excessive.

A commenter on a previous chapter (probably another author given that it was helpful and anonymous) suggested you read what you wrote out loud. That was great advice, especially when it comes to dialogue. If a character who’s supposed to be twenty something sounds like a fourteen year old girl gushing over her first boyfriend that’s not a good thing.

Padding your word count by writing out song lyrics is lazy and a potential copyright issue.

Do I think you’re actually going to listen to any of the helpful suggestions you’ve been given? Nope. You come off as too arrogant for that. If you don’t believe me go back and look at your own comments.

I was only popping in to give my support to the other authors that tried to help you.

SimplySilverSimplySilveralmost 6 years ago
Interesting...

Your writing is good and pleasent to read but I finished the chapter with a sense of wanting something a little more.

There should be a sense of build up or of some conflict within each chapter to help keep your reader interested. Even a bit of foreshadow If conflict isn't possible.

. If this is meant to be a "smooth sailing before the storm" then by all means leave it as is. This is the first chapter Ive read of the series and I intend to start at the beginning after this review.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Waiting Patiently

When will we find out where the symbol right above his heart comes from

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Glad you enjoyed it

Glad you enjoyed it. There is some conflict in Book 1 but honestly not a lot. A vast majority of Book 1 is honestly background, character and world building and laying the groundwork for Book 2. Due to this there has been a lot of feedback and dislike and I’m sorry that’s the case but I felt this was necessary to have Book 2 make sense instead of just having all of this conflict and war seemingly come from nowhere and not make much sense. So yes in some peoples estimation this makes it boring and I can understand, but it’s not a short story and it’s a building up to the major meat and potatoes of the saga.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
About Feedback

Let me just say I have no problem with legitimate feedback. I appreciate the opinions even if I don’t agree with them but gives me some outside perspective. It doesn’t mean I will follow it but I will consider it. Also, I’m not planning a rewrite at this time but that doesn’t mean I won’t take the feedback to apply to my future writing. Some may not be happy with this book but I am and that’s ok. Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate it but just as it’s their right to share their thoughts, it’s my right to take it or leave it.

Secondarily, I don’t understand leaving negative feedback anonymously especially if you are a member and write for Lit as well. Do what you want of course I’m simply stating I don’t get it, but again that’s certainly your right. There is a difference between legitimate feedback and just being a dick and bashing. My “negative” pushback is against those simply being dickheads and being offensive saying such things as I have no business writing at all, or I’m an idiot, or “zzzzzzzz” etc. That’s not feedback that’s just being a cocksucker and I have no use for it, so yes when presented with that I will be less than pleasant back to it. Sorry if this upsets you but I was equally offended by statements such as these first.

Lastly I have posted this book in its entirety on other places and while there has been constructive feedback no one has been disrespectful or rude or negative. I’ve had over 1000 comments on other sites and not one has been like comments here. Don’t know why that is, but I’ve had far more reads, views, rankings and pleasant experience elsewhere but on here I am bashed and told I suck. Not sure what’s up with that but oh well. I started here and will continue to post here but my expectations of common courtesy are far lowered. YMMV and that’s fine, hope those who enjoy it keep reading and those that dislike it find something they do like to read so I no longer upset them with what I wrote ;) Be well and hope the best for y’all.

- DaddyIrishman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Book 2 when

I am not a writer I have great ideas but no time. I really liked your writing style enough sex to make it steamy with good story to carry it. My question is when is next part coming. Please don't leave us hanging

Marty

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyalmost 6 years ago

I am really enjoying this story and your writing. I have fallen in love with your characters. I look forward to reading your next posting.

kdeville87kdeville87almost 6 years ago
great

great series and can't wait for book 2 but what happened to chapter 21 did you miss label this one? IS Dante going to ever find out were he came from?

nailit2unailit2ualmost 6 years ago
Love it and need more

No negative comments from me. I am looking forward to reading more. I've got a winner with this book.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
More on its way!

Hey all sorry for the delay life had gotten in the way but I’m back on it. Chapter 21 and the new chapters have been pulled/on hold due to song lyrics in them and concerns of copyright. So I am removing the lyrics and resubmitting. Hopefully in a day or two new chapters will post. I just wrapped up chapter one of Book 2 so it’s already starting. If you want to see the entirety of Book 1 you can find it on WattPad where it is posted under the same book name and my same author name of DaddyIrishman. Chapter 1 of Book 2 will likely be up in the next day or two. I will keep posting and submitting here as well but it takes much longer to post and approve so it’s delayed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous